The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

2 months in Europe this was the best by far in atmosphere, friendly staff, full facilities, historic building, and close to everything. Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Budapest

Great small hostel where you can really get to meet other backpackers! Good location right on the main tramline through Pest. Staff was really friendly and helpful too. All in all a great hostel - highly recommended!

Terrific, cosey hostel. There's only four rooms, so it's really easy to get to know everyone. Very good vibes- not a party hostel, but plenty of opportunities to go out and have fun with other guests. I would absolutely stay here again next time I'm in Budapest.

This was an absolutely excellent hostel, such a nice atmosphere and a fantastic location, the best I stayed in on my trip!

• 10th Sep 2014

We stayed in the Deluxe Double Ensuite Room and it was so much nicer than we expected! The room was huge and the bathroom was very modern and clean.

The Groove Hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The beds are comfy, the showers are hot and the staff are absolutely fantastic! They will answer or help you find answers to all your Budapest questions. The people who stay here are friendly and fun. I'll definitely be back!

Great friendly atmosphere, nice small hostel. Staff were friendly and gave great reccomentdations, the beds were good, and you felt like a family with the other guests! Would defiantly recocomend to line travelers or people in small groups! I want to come back I had such a good time!!

We had a double room with common bathroom in the first floor. The hostel with the reception is in the second floor, so we did not experience the hostel with the other guests. In fact you have the feeling of living in a separate apartment. The room was wonderful, bright and spacy. Because of the street it was quite loud outside, so you have to sleep with closed windows. Then it was ok! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you very much!

This place is perfect for solo travellers! Everyone is so friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic. Definitely recommend The Groove if you want to make friends, have heaps of laughs and make the most of Budapest!

Had a great time staying here, the staff were really helpful, the people were really fun and we all went out as a big group every night. Great location as is about a 10-15 minute’s walk to the bar areas and attractions. Would definitely stay here again and again. The staff cooked great food each night for us for only €1, couldn’t have asked for more. Thanks guys.

Really relaxed and homely vibe. Its small with a central common area so easy to meet people. The staff were incredibly helpful about the city, and were really caring and friendly. The view from the balcony is a real bonus and the location could not be better. Right by the river, near restaurants and cafes and easy walking distance to the ruin bars. Probably my favourite hostel of all ten that I stayed at during my travels. Loved it so much we ended up staying 6 nights!

A true backpackers hostel with great location, an atmosphere of friendliness and a good exchange spot of thoughts for all the travelers. They also have a handful of useful tips and recommendations for visitors and travelers posted all over the place. Nice design with fun lofts. Also, a very beautiful apartments part for those who prefer a more quiet atmosphere, everything located in a marvelous tenement right in the centre of the city. Very busy in the summer season, make sure to book in advance

We stayed for a week in the groove and it was the best! It is a really small hostel which makes it very easy to meet people and hang out together. Twice a week they have a pub crawl which is so much fun! The four bed dorm is really big without bunkbeds.

Staff were amazing... really helpful, even towards our friends who weren't staying at this hostel. Hostel was also pretty cool. This hostel is however popular with people who seem to be here for the nightlife... so expect people to be getting dressed up and warming up their drinking in the late evening.

We had a really good time at the groove. The staff was very friendly and the room was really nice. The location was perfect for us because we needed a place near the nguyati station

• 18th Aug 2014

The Groove is an exceptional hostel. The BEST Staff, Atmosphere, Facilities and Location. You are doing yourself a favour by staying at The Groove. Egészségedre! (I guess she can drive)

• 5th Aug 2014

One of the friendliest hostels I have stayed in!! Great location in the heart of Budapest with a really good atmosphere!

This is by far one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed! Upon arrival, Paul sat me down for about 20 minutes and went through the whole map with me. He gave me recommendations, advice, and directions. Everyone was so friendly. This hostel had the most family-like vibe ever! I made some amazing friends here. The communal space is really used a great deal and all the rooms are off of it, so it was so easy to meet people. Paul and Richie helped me get a cab to the airport in the rain. So great.

The staff is simply amazing, all of them. It is really easy to meet people and go out together. My next stay in buda will be at this hostel!!!

Lovely place, the staff is amazing friendly with everyone, the atmosphere with other guests is incredible, they Really make you feel like home! Everything is clean at any time and the beds are over average to be a hostal, the place Seems very small but even with full house everything works prpperly. Live it!