The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Amazing hostel, best I've stayed at! Great for meeting people, don't book the large 8 bed dorm if you want a quiet night tho, that's where the drinking balcony is :)

Nice hostel for young people which is looking have some fun in Budapest. The ancient building where is located is awesome, is near the main train station. Most of the staff members have grow up in the city and will tell you aaall what you need to know about the city. If you are travelling alone is also the perfect hostel bc of the good atmosphere you will find. If you are planning to visit Budapest, this is your hostel ;)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Really nice hostel in the centre of Budapest. It is a slight walk from the main bar / club area, but definitely not too far. Great atmosphere, with a balance between partying and more relaxed guests. The staff were all very, very friendly, social and helpful, which was awesome. There is a nice (small) balcony to have drinks and a smoke, but if you want peace and quiet, just ask to not be in the room adjacent to the balcony. I would happily recommend this hostel to other travellers in Budapest.

First time to stay in a hostel. First time in Budapest.I had selected " The Groove" hostel after I read the reviews. I will add the the location and the view are wonderful. A place like home. Thank you!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Moldova

Cool, unique hostel with friendly staff (dogs included) .

This was possibly the best Hostel on my trip and the only Hostel which I felt I had to give a review on. Big thanks to Danny for being so hospitable and offering me a cup of tea on arrival!

• 11th Jun 2014

There was an cockroach in our room.

We noticed the cockroach too, the next day pest control people came and took care of the problem. It's hard to avoid bugs sometimes in a big city in the hot summer, but we do our best and there are definitely none in the hostel now. Thanks for the feedback!

Great hostel, we stayed in the deluxe double which was practically luxury for us after some crappy rooms in ither cities. Huge room with a great sofa and also a excellent shared kitchen with an oven, hob, fridge and utilities. Wifi was good and the atmosphere in the common room was good. Slightly far from the bars but still inside walking distance (20 mins). Would and have recommend to anyone.

We stayed in a fantastic apartment provided by The Groove Hostel and the room was incredibly spacious, comfortable and well equipped for a traveller - we particularly enjoyed listening to Hungarian tunes on the sound system. The road outside the window may be a little noisy for the light sleeper. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Being able to purchase tickets for the thermal baths and other attractions from the hostel was very handy. Located in a lively area.

Great FN Hostel!!! The staff is amazing!! If you don't make friends here, you're probably a horrible person! Hahaha You can't beat the location as everywhere is so easy to get to with the tram,metro,and busses! So many great recommendations on where to go in the city..but be warned, once you arrive, you may never want to leave!! Panna, Lili, and Odon are such awesome people!!

Great stay. Thank you!

Great place, excellent facilities and looks cool too. Good location, by all accounts should score high points for me. Unfortunately, my stay was marred by very poor guests behavior from USA. Rowdy without consideration for other guests, drunk even up till 3 to 4 am making it impossible to rest. I understand that this may not be the hostels fault but i personally feel that the staff needs to take responsibility and enforce some common courtesy rules. Nothing was done by staff. Hope they change.

Thank you for the valuable feedback Kenneth! It's very difficult to balance between disciplining rowdy guests who disturb others and respecting everyone's right to party and have a good time. Apparently we could have done a little more in this case and we are really sorry if some other guests made your stay unpleasant. It's a lesson learnt for us and we will pay more attention to this in the future. Safe travels! The Groove

Relaxed atmosphere, surreally good value for money.

• 24th May 2014
  • Poland

This is an awesome hostel that I recommend anyone stay in, its the perfect balance between a relaxed hostel and a party hostel with a nice atmostphere. The staff are really awesome and make you feel right at home and it has very good facilities.

Great staff!!! So friendly and willing to help. Chill place. Loved the barefoot lounge with the beanbag chair. The comfiest hostel bed I've ever slept in.. The pillows are perfect!!!

Awesome atmosphere and really great staff!

• 1st May 2014
  • Norway

We had the best time at The Groove. Staff is really cool and helpful. Pana (Im probably spelling it wrong) and Lili are really great people, we really loved meeting them. Thanks for the easter present! The hostel is really nice, always clean, decoration is amazing, you really feel welcomed, at home. We had the chance to stay both in private and shared rooms and really liked both. Kitchen is available with coffee and other supplies. You really feel confortable and happy! & the building is LOVELY!

Good hostel, great staff, good location !

• 16th Apr 2014

This is a great hostel, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful! There is even a kitchen with a fridge, which is super handy if you do not want to eat out everyday. Free tea and coffee at all times!

I had an amazing stay at the Groove!! The room was clean, spacious and the location is ideal (close to the river but you can get anywhere even at night). But the main thing was the atmosphere, the super-friendly staff, Odon, Daniel, Panna and Lili who made me feel absolutely at home - and made dinner for all the guests! :D The hostel is full of art on the walls and bean bags which I found really cool. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest and will definitely return!

• 15th Apr 2014