The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Great place, excellent facilities and looks cool too. Good location, by all accounts should score high points for me. Unfortunately, my stay was marred by very poor guests behavior from USA. Rowdy without consideration for other guests, drunk even up till 3 to 4 am making it impossible to rest. I understand that this may not be the hostels fault but i personally feel that the staff needs to take responsibility and enforce some common courtesy rules. Nothing was done by staff. Hope they change.

Thank you for the valuable feedback Kenneth! It's very difficult to balance between disciplining rowdy guests who disturb others and respecting everyone's right to party and have a good time. Apparently we could have done a little more in this case and we are really sorry if some other guests made your stay unpleasant. It's a lesson learnt for us and we will pay more attention to this in the future. Safe travels! The Groove

Relaxed atmosphere, surreally good value for money.

• 24th May 2014
  • Poland

This is an awesome hostel that I recommend anyone stay in, its the perfect balance between a relaxed hostel and a party hostel with a nice atmostphere. The staff are really awesome and make you feel right at home and it has very good facilities.

Great staff!!! So friendly and willing to help. Chill place. Loved the barefoot lounge with the beanbag chair. The comfiest hostel bed I've ever slept in.. The pillows are perfect!!!

Awesome atmosphere and really great staff!

• 1st May 2014
  • Norway

We had the best time at The Groove. Staff is really cool and helpful. Pana (Im probably spelling it wrong) and Lili are really great people, we really loved meeting them. Thanks for the easter present! The hostel is really nice, always clean, decoration is amazing, you really feel welcomed, at home. We had the chance to stay both in private and shared rooms and really liked both. Kitchen is available with coffee and other supplies. You really feel confortable and happy! & the building is LOVELY!

Good hostel, great staff, good location !

• 16th Apr 2014

This is a great hostel, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful! There is even a kitchen with a fridge, which is super handy if you do not want to eat out everyday. Free tea and coffee at all times!

I had an amazing stay at the Groove!! The room was clean, spacious and the location is ideal (close to the river but you can get anywhere even at night). But the main thing was the atmosphere, the super-friendly staff, Odon, Daniel, Panna and Lili who made me feel absolutely at home - and made dinner for all the guests! :D The hostel is full of art on the walls and bean bags which I found really cool. I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest and will definitely return!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

If your purpose to Budapest is to explore and know more about the local culture, The Groove is definitely the choice. Local staff are really friendly and helpful. Although the location is not the very central, but it is close to Metro and that's the reason why things nearby are cheaper.

Best hostel ever! Good location, friendly staff, feels like home :)

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was perfect. Huge surprise actually. I would love to have those rooms in Berlin. PD: They should organize party tours. (maybe they do and I missed them)

Nice district and nice Hostel! The deluxe two bed are isolatet to the rest of the Hostel. The interior is more conservative than the big rooms. So it depends what you want.

• 3rd Feb 2014