The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

A stay at the Groove was exactly what I needed after an exhausting 1.5 months of moving between cities across eastern Europe. The atmosphere is very relaxed - perfect for resting. As the description says it's not a party hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful. On the first night I already felt like everyone there was part of a family. The place is kept very clean, there is a kitchen with spices and enough utensils to cook whatever you need. Wifi was fast. Highly recommend for relaxing.

Stayed here for 4 nights. Comfy, clean beds, with plenty of personal space. Awesome staff, that make you feel like part of a family. Clean faculties. With the added bonus of good wifi and a playstation. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I came back to Budapest. 10/10

• 5th Oct 2015

The hostel was great! The staff were very helpful & friendly. They have group activities every niht so it's a great way to meet people. It was clean.

• 25th Sep 2015

The staff is very helpful. During our stay, the staff especially the woman with cauliflower hair helps us a lot. Our room is triply locked so it is safe.

This hostel felt somewhat like a student apartment and had a neatly arranged collection of random furniture and objects. My only complaint is that access to one of the smaller dorms was directly through the bigger dorm. As a result, there was sometimes a lot of foot traffic at night. On a positive note, the staff and fellow travelers were friendly, and the location was near the tram and bus stops. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Great experience.

very cool hostel, clean and well located. atmosphere is good. nice place to meet people. a bit hot in summer so if you are sensitive to this place is not for you

I had a great time at the Groove! I've stayed at a number of hostels over the years and honestly this is one of the best I've been to. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice, the other travelers were pleasant, and unlike many hostels, I didn't feel totally horrified by the showers! I wish they could have had some Air conditioning but they did their best to keep us all cool. Highly recommend this place!

This was a great hostel! Really great vibe with warm and helpful staff. I met some really great people here, and they have the best balcony. Really easy to meet other travelers here. There's no air conditioning, so it gets hot in the summer. It's in a pretty good location, everything is walkable but some of the areas in the southern part of the city center can be a bit of a treck. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel and will be back if I return to Budapest!

Since this hostel used to be an apartment it still feels like coming home when you arrive back from a long day. The staff was amazing and even took part in hour-long conversations. You could see attention to detail all over the place e.g. the toilet paper not being single layered like it is in most hostels.

This was one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. It was awesome quality for a very cheap price. We loved the staff and how helpful they were and we stayed in an amazing double with a great location and awesome space.

• 27th Aug 2015

Great place and great staff. They were really helpful and went the extra mile. There is also a nice vibe, as well as a cool interior. Definitely recommended this hostel!

• 26th Aug 2015

All was perfect except that the the floor creaked loudly and it is difficult to spleep when the neighbors come late and walk...

Good staff and nice hostel. The faculties with using the extension leads in the rooms were poor; having an extension lead hanging in the air is not good. Plus it would be nice to at least have hand sanitiser in the toilet without a sink. Otherwise nice hostel and friendly staff.

Excellent. Would highly recommend to stay at the Groove!

• 17th Aug 2015

This place is OK, good location, nice staff, great view from the balcony, however some things were really disappointing: poor wi-fi connection in the bedrooms, not enough sinks and showers for everyone, bad ventilation (it was absurdly warm even on common areas during the evening) and there are many large groups staying there, so it's not that easy to socialize and meet other travellers.

The groove hostel was a nice and chilled hostel. We had a lovely stay. The staff were helpful and available 24/7 to answer questions. The location was good but we did use metro to get around. We would have preferred a more sociable hostel and one that offered more group activities. But I guess that was more personal preference for 3 twenty something girls.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great hostel, helpful and friendly staff. I just wish they had air-conditioning for those hot summer months - it can get pretty uncomfortable.

All the people in the staff are really nice, they always try to help you somehow and the location is perfect for a nice walk.

• 9th Aug 2015