The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Absolutely fantastic! The staff are so helpful and approachable, with great tips about the town. The facilities were well planned and it has an overall friendly vibe

• 13th May 2015

Premium hostel on every level. Felt like home and a great place to meet people. The 8-bed dorm was huuuuge compared to other places. Will stay there again for sure!

Everything was perfect! You can walk everywhere from the hostel, you sleep well, quiet and respectful place, relax atmosphere. Nice people! By locker under the bed to fit you're whole bag, which helps to keep the rooms tidy ;-)

So close to the river, the Parlalament and ruins pub. The staff was friendly and always available. I met very great people. Recommend it!!! :)

Groove Hostel & all there staff were so accommodating. My friend got sick the day we were meant to arrive in Budapest so we delayed our arrival for a day & the hostel kindly canceled our first nights stay without charging us.

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

Stayed at this hostel twice during the few weeks I was travelling back and forth this part of Europe. The staff is really nice and friendly and the atmosphere at the hostel is a bit like staying at someone who you are friends with. I warmly recommend this hostel.

I thought this hostel was awesome! I loved the home-like atmosphere, and the staff was incredibly helpful and seemed to be interesting people. The hostel is funky--great colors and relaxed vibe.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Beautiful hostel! We stayed in a twin room and it was incredibly clean, spacious and was set up as a loft which I found to be cool and unique for a hostel. The staff were wonderful and although we were only staying for one night, helped us to plan some activities for the next day and gave us advice on what we should see. The wifi worked perfectly and coffee and tea is provided.

A great place to stay in Budapest, a very good location, nice and helpful staff and a place to meet amazing people! The beds are a bit squeaky, but that's the only downside I could find. Everything else was great, you feel really welcomed at the Groove, more like at a friends place than a hostel.

• 17th Apr 2015

Decent hostel, but rowdy guests. If you arent into partying all night every night, I would reccomend going elsewhere.

Dear Elizabeth, We are sorry that you had a bad experience because of rowdy guests. We try our best to be an easy-going but quiet hostel and to attract that kind of people, but unfortunately we cannot always choose our guests. I've talked to the receptionist who said that he had serious problem with those guests too and took him some time until they became quiet. We will try harder to improve this image. Thanks for letting us know your concerns. Have a safe trip! Lili manager

Nice staff and really clean! The place is small and has a cosy atmosphere

Wonderful -- great location, very clean, good facilities. Most impressive was how nice and outgoing all the staff were. Really enjoyed my time and felt very welcome!

I lived in the 8 mixed dorm for five days, the room is quite big which made me feel really relax. The staffs in the hostel are really nice. There was only a staff with a big beard didin't that nice. When we wanna ask how to get to the airport at 5 in the morning, and he searched on the google map and just said we can take bus, we have to keep asking him questions and he said '' i don't know'' at the end, while other staff told us we can take shuttle bus to the airport and helped us to book.

Dear Cheng-Chia, First of all thank you for your feed back, we are very sorry that you had a problem with Daniel, he had a really rough day back then, actually I was the one that told him to help you order the shuttle-bus, which he himself did at the end. Please forgive this to him, everybody has bad days, otherwise he is a really social person and one of our best team member. Thanks for your understanding and have a safe trip! Lili manager

Staff was super friendly besides not informing us about everything in the hostel upon arrival. Other than that everything was great! Also you can rent bike's from them!

Felt great to be back at the Groove, as always. Pinna, Lili, other girl, Danny, Julian - thank you :)

The hostel is very well located, close to Nyugati train station and close to interesting cafes and bars. The staff is very friendly and helpful, a girl of the staff also printed the receipt of hungarian traditional perkelt for me. I will come back for sure in this hostel when I will be back in Budapest.

The staff members at the Groove Hostel were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They helped us with directions to certain places and the breakfast vouchers that came along with the booking was a great touch. Besides that, the other guests staying in the hostel were also very respectful. The room was tidy and comfortable and the bathroom facilities were clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this place to other friends who are planning to travel to Budapest, Hungary.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Groove was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 12th Mar 2015