The Groove Reviews

The Szent István krt 16., Budapest, Hungary

Perfect for solo travellers. Facilities were good. Location is close to the river and the centre. Can't make lots of noise late at night but who wants to stay in anyways? Staff is always ready for anything you need. Thank you for a great stay.

I booked the room for two: very big, all perfect. The only thing is that it was in a different flor and no lights. So I was afraid of going back late night (the building is old, but the hostel is fine). Near the metro station, but could be nearest the main points.

Dear Beatriz, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry about the discomfort that you experienced in the building. However, it's a misunderstanding, we do have lights in the courtyard and the switch is right next to the entrance. Also, the building is old but one of the best maintained and safest building in the downtown so there's no need to be afraid. We've also learnt our lesson: we will let everybody know where the switch is. Sorry for the inconveniences and have a safe trip!

Completely awesome hostel! I've been traveling for two months and this has been my favorite stay! Great location, and in a beautiful building. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They even organized a bike ride to a pub on a boat, followed by a trip to a lake! Rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. I didn't want to leave Budapest when my time was up! Definitely recommend!

I stayed at the Groove for only 4 nights, but I absolutely loved it. The staff are all extremelz helpful and friendly, and make each person feel like an honored guest. Everything about the hostel was amazing, such as the floor and bed layout and decorations, to the location and stunning view from the balcony. But what really made my stay special was the kind of people who stayed there. If you like sight seeing and culture and relaxing and partying and smiling so much your face hurts, stay here.

• 17th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel, with nice big rooms and very social atmosphere! Good location too, able to walk to most of main sites of Budapest or get the tram as it is very close to a tram station

The staff were really helpful at The Groove, Dora in particular advised on the best way to get around Budapest. We were travelling to a music festival in Ballaton and Dora was so helpful in booking taxis and arranging the quickest way in getting to the festival. Rooms were clean and towels provided. Showers were warm and found the hostel to be very comfortable. Overall great hostel and I will be back again.

• 9th Jul 2014

Besides it being unbelievably hot in the room we stayed in, the hostel wasn't bad. We were right on the main strip so if you tried opening the windows you get so much noise from the streets below. Staff was trying to be helpful but it didn't really go smoothly. People in the common room were really loud in the morning. Pretty sure it was the staff. Ok hostel for your money. No free breakfast!

Yes, staying in a downtown hostel in a huge city means there will be some noise. It's not worse than anywhere else in the city center, and we offer free earplugs to anyone who needs them. In return you get great public transport, all sights within walking distance, and awesome nightlife. True, some people were checking in that morning; it happens in every hostel. We try to keep as quiet as possible-sorry if you were woken up! The fans have been changed, there's fresh air in every room now.

Had a really great stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and also cozy. The beds were spacious and the hostel had a really good vibe to it. A big thanks to all the staff for there help.

Every single member of the staff are very friendly and helpful! It's the first place I've stayed where you are welcomed with a hand shake and offered a coffee or tea. Immediately you feel at ease and relaxed. The staff play music throughout the morning, day and early evening which I liked also. Kitchen is great with free use of spices, nice selection of tea and coffee. Suffice to say that I loved my entire stay and it feels like a home away from home. Highly recommend this hostel. A+++ Hostel :)

The hostel is really small but very inviting. Everyone who stayed at the hostel would hang out in the common area before going out every night so it was really easy to meet people. The staff was also very friendly. A little far off from the city center, but its fairly close if you hop on a tram or walk about 20 minutes. Would definitely recommend!

Staying at the Groove made Budapest one of our favorite cities. The staff are amazing and they tell you everything you need to know about the city (good food, bars, etc). There was even a pasta night while we were there where Paul made an excellent vegetarian pasta dish. The common room is really well used and the other travellers were very willing to hang out in it too. 10/10 would stay in again!

All around good hostel! Easy to walk or take the metro to anywhere in the city, and also a public bike rental is right across the street. Easy atmosphere for meeting new people as the hostel is very small, located inside a great old school apartment building (elevator inside to get to the floor of the hostel). Only 3 or 4 bathrooms though for a good amount of people, so if you need to get ready quickly one morning better wake up before 9am. Good wifi, linen provided, kitchen access.

Amazing hostel, best I've stayed at! Great for meeting people, don't book the large 8 bed dorm if you want a quiet night tho, that's where the drinking balcony is :)

Nice hostel for young people which is looking have some fun in Budapest. The ancient building where is located is awesome, is near the main train station. Most of the staff members have grow up in the city and will tell you aaall what you need to know about the city. If you are travelling alone is also the perfect hostel bc of the good atmosphere you will find. If you are planning to visit Budapest, this is your hostel ;)

• 19th Jun 2014