The Guest House Reviews

134 Wakefield St, Adelaide, Australia

I had made two booking, to stay fri 27/2 and sun 1/3/15 here. Unfortunately I had to cancel the friday accom at last minute. When I rang the hostel they confirmed my sun booking and allowed me to pay the fri & sun accom on my c.card upon arrival on sunday. As I arrived early and was attending the V8 Clipsal Car races till late that evening after the concert, I was given a key and allowed to put my gear in the dorm room and lock it up - which was a great relief. Staff are always helpful.

Glad we could help out and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Adelaide during the Clipsal 500. Happy travels - maybe we will see you next year. Cheers

I had to cancel accommodation for this date, called them about it and was able to pay with my c.card when I arrived for my next booking for accommodation on sun 1/3/15.

OK good - glad we could amend the booking - thanks for staying with us!

Staff not friendly or helpful. Bathroom was very clean but the room was a bit dirty.

Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will check the dates you stayed and the room you stayed in and follow through with any remedial action. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Lovely hostel. Great staff and immaculate. Only minor is the lack of a freezer so you can re freeze blocks for eskies for day trips. Guesthouse is a bit noisy with traffic but hey at this price you can't beat it. Nice mix of older and younger crowd too.

Thanks so much for the nice comments. We choose our staff carefully / train them well and we take cleaning very seriously.Good staff and clean facilities are the 2 most important things we think guests are looking for (along with atmosphere). Happy travels. Cheers

More staff needed - one staff member was very helpful and informative, but at the expense of other guests who were waiting. 20 minute wait to check in. Not so clear that check in was at BackPack Oz rather than the Guest House. My room was on the main road & the blind was broken, so it was not a quiet night. I manually unrolled the blind so at least I was able to block out most of the streetlight. The TV didn't work (no remote). Facilities/hostel were fine, a bit tired. Girls hair on bedsheets.

• 15th Nov 2014

20 minute wait to check in is not acceptable - we will 'check into' how this happened (pardon the pun). We replaced the remote control and the blind is being fixed this weekend. Thanks for commenting and we are sorry we did not meet the standards that we normally reach as one of the top 3 rated hostels in Adelaide. Happy travels.

The hostel was very clean, secure and well equipped, however the room i was staying in was fairly noisy due to its proximity to the kitchen and bathroom. It was also on the ground floor with a window right on the street which meant there was a lot of car/foot traffic noise and talking from other guests smoking outside. On the whole it was a nice place to stay but if you stay on the ground floor i'd recommended bringing some ear plugs to help you sleep.

• 12th Nov 2014

Thanks for your nice comments ... we might put up some No Smoking signs out the front and ask the restaurant next door to direct smokers to the other side of the building. Happy travels!

Perfect Location, Free Bikes To hire, Sister Hostel OZ backpackers really just Across The street. Dominos pizza also next door with pizza from 5$. Rooms really big and nice , with AC and private Washbowl. I would definitely stay there again !

We hope you can stay again one day! Happy travels!