The Happily Ever After Hostel Reviews

Thamel Road, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Stayed here all three times in kathmandu! Great staff :)

Great hostel! Good location and value for money.

No proper social area. Everyone socialised in dorms. Staff never had change for drinks and room rate. I left with them owing me 15 rupees. He did not have the key to the fridge at night. I had to walk up the street for water. beds reasonably comfy although not very spacious. The only kitchen in Nepal where guests can use it. Free, but simple breakfast. No toilet paper provided. WiFi very slow. Hair in sink was not cleaned. Carpet needs to be re-laid.

This place was perfect. Excellent location. The staff were fun and accommodating. The price was excellent. The cleanliness was great for Nepal standards. Could not have been happier. Would recommend the airport pickup, as I opted out and had a bit of a time getting there.

THE BEST HOSTEL EVER IN NEPAL!! 쵝오!!

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan (who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less.

Dear Patel you wrote what ever u want why hostelworld they don't ask any justification with us he booked trek with us or not other wise why he is writing like this.you just ask booked 1 night you asked me how much for EBC trek i told you 905 usd all your food ,accommodation and 2 flight ticket. people they know who been there this price is cheap or expensive? after next morning you gone to pokhara but now you talking about flight got cancelled? you asked me i night free room that's why u are not

Nice hostel, nice rooms (especially the 3 beds one) but the hostel is lacking a spacious common room. However it is easy to meet people for breakfast (free but not that filling) on the rooftop.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a really nice rooftop area to relax on. The only problem was the cleanliness. The bathroom had a leak so the floor was constantly wet and the carpet in the passage smelt gross. And the kitchen, where they prepare your breakfast, is disgustingly dirty and riddled with cockroaches.

Since power outlet on bedside didn't work sometimes, couldn't charge to digital camera. Bed sheets weren't changed in spite of multiple stays. It would be better if detailed information were noticed at check-in.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Dear , Thanks for your review . we are very sorry for that inconveniences but as i'm guy who works in charge(Ghan) that time i was sick for a week that's why i was not there, second things we never use multiple bed sheet only we use once . I promises to all our future guest don't be confuse for that. for rest things we appreciated your review and feedback. Ghan work in charge of this hostel.

I was in a private room with my own bathroom. I got bit a lot by mosquitoes and spiders while at the hostel because the windows do not have screens. I found a hotel much cheaper that had more services than the hostel. I recommend not booking anything through the hostel because its better to shop around for packages. Staff doesn't know much about tours or visas. Do your own research. Staff is not pushy with packages. It's clean and good for people looking to be social. Breakfast is 1 toast 1 egg.

Conveniently located and very knowledgeable staff!

A Super friendly hostel! I really enjoyed my time here and met many fellow backpackers which was great to go out, share a beer and some stories. Would go back if I visit Kathmandu again.

The owners and staff at Happily Ever Hostel make this place feel like home.

• 5th Apr 2014

Staff super friendly and welcoming. Atmosphere brilliant. Great sitting area on roof to have breakfast which is made for you (egg and toast). Don't particularly like the town and it's just off the street so place is quiet. Dorm was nice, the door doesn't shut but there are lockers if you're worried. No hot water unfortunately, only down point. Would stay again

Thanks Ghan and Dhurba for everything! Honestly, this was probably the friendliest place I stayed at during my month in Nepal. And I'll be back! Someday, might not be in September like I said, but when I'm back in Kathmandu, you better have a bed ready!

All staffs were kind and helpfull. Great location.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Very good place, excellent staff, strong hot shower, nice little rooftop, very comfortable materass. I booked for 1 night and I spent 6 days there.

The staff clean up the hotel everyday, great terrace, breakfast and hot shower!!!