The Happily Ever After Hostel Reviews

Thamel Road, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

The staff were awesome, and the people were cool. I only stayed for a night then took an early bus to pokhara, but I enjoyed my stay. It's right next to thamel, but a little ways down a side street so it's not too loud. The staff helped me get a cheap nice bus out of Katmandu, which saved me a bit from what I thought I would need to pay. It has a nice rooftop commons area, and the bathrooms were simple, but clean. In Nepal be sure to let the water run for like 5 mins to warm up, or its too cold.

The staff are very friendly and helpful people. The amenities are basic, but that should be expected of hostels in Nepal. It's definitely a good place to stay for people who plan to do a lot of exploring. It's in a good location in Kathmandu with easy access to more natural locations.

Tiny rooms... I dont know how didbthet managed to fit that many beds in such small rooms... Nothing especial

Very good hostel in the heart of thamel with really friendly and helpful staff, I stayed here twice during my stay in nepal. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in kathmandu.

Very friendly and helpful staff and well located - within walking distance to all the major sights.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel is in a good location and the guy who is front of desk is really good and very helpful. The showers were clean and have hot water in the morning and at night time. However the dorm rooms were very small with no storage space or lockers.

We were very happy with our stay. Are planning to go back once we finish traveling the rest of Nepal. Super affordable and great staff! Ghan was very helpful with telling where to go and what to see and we booked a trip to Chitwan which was a great price and great stay through him as well.

Good value for your money at this hostel in the heart of Thamel. Many thanks to the great staff!

• 27th Jan 2015

Nice place, super friendly staff. They seem to really care out their guests. Nice little sitting area on the roof top. Can use a bit of personality with the decor but overall would stay here again next time I'm in Kathmandu.

I stayed here twice in my time in Nepal.... on both occasions the boys working were brilliant. Ghan and his staff were funny, attentive and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again. Great place to meet like minded people. If you want luxury then get a hotel. I never felt that any of my belongings were unsafe. So much that I left my phone in reception for hours without feeling it would be stolen....:)) Thanks guys. Xx

• 10th Jan 2015

Very good location, extremely friendly and helpful staff and nice and clean. Well worth what you pay!

This hostel is great. Brilliant price and really good staff. I booked for one night but stayed for three.

Security was iffy and we did not have any under bed lockers or places to store our items safely in the room. Staff was nice but breakfast isn't actually breakfast and more of a snack.

• 28th Dec 2014

The staffs there are very friendly and helpful. Location are in the center of thamel with many restaurants n shops nearby. Rooms are good and clean. The only things is the water heater can have problem sometime due to some power cut off time in that whole area. Rooftop breakfast is good. Overall, will definately go back again next time.

Extremely helpful and honest staff. If im in Nepal again, I would definitely come stay. Will surely recommend to friends coming that way. Thanks for everything! Cheers

You might want to get a room with 4-bed or less, which is on the 3rd floor or above. They're not much more expensive. The 6-bedroom one (2nd floor) is very close to the garage across the street that sometimes you smell the fumes all night.

Great spot to meet other backpackers and a great location. Thou it is very noisy at night so don't expect a goodnights sleep.

Awesome place in the middle of Thamel. Ended up staying 3 times on my way in, out and through kathmandu. Easy to meet other travellers and the staff are always friendly and will help you out with booking treks or anything else.

Very clean! Small roof-top common area was a nice to relax, meet people and have breakfast. The wifi can not reach the rooftop, but basically the same everywhere else in Nepal... easy but nice free breakfast.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Wuyaoheng
  • China

Really nice place in thamel, very friendly and helpful stafg. Defenetly worth recomending.