The Happily Ever After Hostel Reviews

Thamel Road, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Really nice place. Unfortunatly there went somting wrong with booking what not there fault was. But they get a bed and I extend my stay with two days. De staff is very kind and nice, and the rooms en the bathroom were very clean. When I am back at Kathmandu I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2014

Ghan, derba and other staff, they will help you out if you need something. Stayed there for almost 2 weeks and we enjoyed it.

• 15th Sep 2014

The only thing that I'd like to see change here, is for fans to be installed, as the room can get very hot and stuffy! Other than than that, a wonderful stay, thank you.

• 26th Aug 2014

We were 3 people staying for 4 nights in a 3 bed room. The staff are great, nice and really helpful. The rooms are ok for the price but it could be better with some more space. We realized that it wasnt in all the floors but sometimes we were able to smell the bathroom next to our room. Breakfast was good.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good clean rooms. Excellent value for money.

• 21st Jul 2014

Stayed here all three times in kathmandu! Great staff :)

Great hostel! Good location and value for money.

No proper social area. Everyone socialised in dorms. Staff never had change for drinks and room rate. I left with them owing me 15 rupees. He did not have the key to the fridge at night. I had to walk up the street for water. beds reasonably comfy although not very spacious. The only kitchen in Nepal where guests can use it. Free, but simple breakfast. No toilet paper provided. WiFi very slow. Hair in sink was not cleaned. Carpet needs to be re-laid.

Moodie,thanks for your comment but i saw your review also but you wrote every one same. as i asked with my staff for change money. you told to him keep as tip now you writing about 15 rupees? the things you get free is good like kitchen such as.. things you have to pay is not good. 'THIS REVIEW IS NOT FARE' for our future Client i would like to say please come and visit us then you will see what is the see reality of our hostel ! you didn't see our nice roof top ? you wrote no socialised area?

This place was perfect. Excellent location. The staff were fun and accommodating. The price was excellent. The cleanliness was great for Nepal standards. Could not have been happier. Would recommend the airport pickup, as I opted out and had a bit of a time getting there.

THE BEST HOSTEL EVER IN NEPAL!! 쵝오!!

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan (who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less.

Dear Patel you wrote what ever u want why hostelworld they don't ask any justification with us he booked trek with us or not other wise why he is writing like this.you just ask booked 1 night you asked me how much for EBC trek i told you 905 usd all your food ,accommodation and 2 flight ticket. people they know who been there this price is cheap or expensive? after next morning you gone to pokhara but now you talking about flight got cancelled? you asked me i night free room that's why u are not

Nice hostel, nice rooms (especially the 3 beds one) but the hostel is lacking a spacious common room. However it is easy to meet people for breakfast (free but not that filling) on the rooftop.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a really nice rooftop area to relax on. The only problem was the cleanliness. The bathroom had a leak so the floor was constantly wet and the carpet in the passage smelt gross. And the kitchen, where they prepare your breakfast, is disgustingly dirty and riddled with cockroaches.

Since power outlet on bedside didn't work sometimes, couldn't charge to digital camera. Bed sheets weren't changed in spite of multiple stays. It would be better if detailed information were noticed at check-in.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Japan

Dear , Thanks for your review . we are very sorry for that inconveniences but as i'm guy who works in charge(Ghan) that time i was sick for a week that's why i was not there, second things we never use multiple bed sheet only we use once . I promises to all our future guest don't be confuse for that. for rest things we appreciated your review and feedback. Ghan work in charge of this hostel.