The Happily Ever After Hostel Reviews

Thamel Road, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

It was quite fine until earthquake happened, manager abandoned the hostel, only one employee was near but absent, no one took much care of the guests after the tragedy and instead we felt kind of abandoned.

Dear Alex, Thanks for your comment but who will take care of that terrify moment . are you kidding ? we lost our house and so many things and you saying that we don't care you, even you don't feel gilt to say that . you think only about you? not only us who not care about guest there was all Nepal sadly moment you should understand about it if you are good human. Thanks

Nice enough, the guy working there is nice. Wasn't much of an atmosphere, but good value and the beds are comfy. Also right in the centre of thamel.

Pretty good for Nepal. Light breakfast included. Friendly staff. Homey vibe. Lockers are outside the rooms. Little noise at night because it's down a quiet alley in thamel, the main tourist area.

Прекрасный классический хостел в самом центре Тамеля.

The staff were awesome, and the people were cool. I only stayed for a night then took an early bus to pokhara, but I enjoyed my stay. It's right next to thamel, but a little ways down a side street so it's not too loud. The staff helped me get a cheap nice bus out of Katmandu, which saved me a bit from what I thought I would need to pay. It has a nice rooftop commons area, and the bathrooms were simple, but clean. In Nepal be sure to let the water run for like 5 mins to warm up, or its too cold.

The staff are very friendly and helpful people. The amenities are basic, but that should be expected of hostels in Nepal. It's definitely a good place to stay for people who plan to do a lot of exploring. It's in a good location in Kathmandu with easy access to more natural locations.

Tiny rooms... I dont know how didbthet managed to fit that many beds in such small rooms... Nothing especial

Very good hostel in the heart of thamel with really friendly and helpful staff, I stayed here twice during my stay in nepal. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in kathmandu.

Very friendly and helpful staff and well located - within walking distance to all the major sights.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel is in a good location and the guy who is front of desk is really good and very helpful. The showers were clean and have hot water in the morning and at night time. However the dorm rooms were very small with no storage space or lockers.

We were very happy with our stay. Are planning to go back once we finish traveling the rest of Nepal. Super affordable and great staff! Ghan was very helpful with telling where to go and what to see and we booked a trip to Chitwan which was a great price and great stay through him as well.

Good value for your money at this hostel in the heart of Thamel. Many thanks to the great staff!

• 27th Jan 2015

Nice place, super friendly staff. They seem to really care out their guests. Nice little sitting area on the roof top. Can use a bit of personality with the decor but overall would stay here again next time I'm in Kathmandu.

I stayed here twice in my time in Nepal.... on both occasions the boys working were brilliant. Ghan and his staff were funny, attentive and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again. Great place to meet like minded people. If you want luxury then get a hotel. I never felt that any of my belongings were unsafe. So much that I left my phone in reception for hours without feeling it would be stolen....:)) Thanks guys. Xx

• 10th Jan 2015

Very good location, extremely friendly and helpful staff and nice and clean. Well worth what you pay!

This hostel is great. Brilliant price and really good staff. I booked for one night but stayed for three.