The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

Renovation in the upstairs bathroom at the moment so very noisy! And no toilet for the upstairs dorm you have to go down some very steep stairs. The rooms have a fan but they are very hot and I found it hard to sleep! Not many people socialising around the hostel. They have a safe which is good and it is a great location for ubud. They do have a bar which also serves juices :)

There was no atmosphere here and we actually cancelled our booking as we were put on two top bunks whilst a couple were put on two bottom bunks. This didn't really make sense as surely a couple sleep in the same bed? Anyway they put us in their sister hostel up the road and it was actually alot better it's called In da Place ,atmosphere was alot better. Staff were not joined up, as we asked to extend our room another night the night before we stayed, they said ok then Negated it in the morning!

Really nice hostel! Chilled out atmosphere, and perfect for a solo traveller. It's really easy to meet some cool people here. Their music playlist gets a little bit annoying though...

• 7th Jan 2015

Amazing. can't say a bad word!

All in all this place was alright. We had an incident with cockroaches, and the white water rafting trip they sent us on was not what we were expecting. But the showers were hot and the breakfasts served at the restaurant were pretty good too. The only thing that was annoying was we couldn't bring outside food into the lobby. It has to be eaten in your room

• 2nd Jan 2015

The place is good and the verandah is a good place to socialize and meet fellow travelers. It is a 10 minute walk from the palace. The hot water didn't work for a while and we had to inform the staff and wait a while before they got it back.

This was my second time staying at this hostel. Location is unbeatable for the price! It's a very colorful and vibrant place with many interesting people traveling through. The bunks were noisy and of moderately poor quality but comfortable, they play awful pop remixes in the main area but it's a great place to meet people or just chill out with a book so you learn to ignore it. I'd consider coming back again!

Beautiful hostel with great vibes and amazing food. Beds and mattresses aren't the best but definitely worth the money. Met some amazing people and had the best time in Ubud

Really nice atmosphere, very convenient location and friendly staff. We had a really good time!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Its ok! But they get into de room to clean up and wake you up! And there is no security or kitchen faculities!

Really nice hostel, great for people travelling solo as they have a great chilled out areas to drink, eat and use free wifi. The food was lovely and location is less that 5 min from town.

Great hostel to meet people travelling around Ubud. The area pretty much closes down after 9pm so it was good to have some atmosphere at the hostel.

Nice place and good location.

Good place to meet people, a hostel in a sea of spas. slept ok first 2 nights, last night had a bed bug.

A great place to stay with friendly faces everywhere and such delicious breakfast. Definitely rent a moped it was the best thing we did and it was so easy right from the front desk.

Typical backpackers hostel: very basic and not the cleanest bathrooms, but nice common area and a good place to meet fellow travellers. I was travelling by myself and found this a great place to meet other people. I would recommend to get a safe, since the staff is not around at night.

Small dark dirty bathrooms, some rooms are bright and nice, some tiny and dark. No hot water like they advertise and the bathroom upstairs didn't work for a few days. Not much atmosphere to speak of.....but that always depends on the people who are there, so maybe I just got in at a bad time!

It was dirty, very loud, the beds are shaking and the staff didn't even try to help me because I had to leave one day earlier. They said it's already in the system and I have to pay it... We told the staff the toillet ist very dirty, two hours later it was still dirty. The shower was cold. Only the common area is really nice, but you aren't allowed to bring your own food and drinks. I don't understand why it's so high rated... It's cheap, but we had better hostels for the same price.

I really nice hostel with a lovely social area. The only downside was that it was down a very dark road at night with lots of dogs! (Lovely during the day however) and only one toilet and shower for 8 people

Would definitely go back, great place to hang out, relaxing and social. Staff were great, reasonable priced beers. No hot water but didn't require it in the hot weather

• 25th Aug 2014