The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

This is an OK place to stay in Ubud with nice common areas and a relaxed atmosphere. Staff is really friendly and helpful, but facilities could be improved. Showers never had hot water in the six days I stayed and the Wifi broke down on two of those days. My dorm room had a moldy smell to it and whatever was inside somehow turned damp - clothes, sheets, etc. And please throw out that James Blunt CD!

This hostel was in a good location but wasn't very clean. There is no air conditioning so the rooms were pretty warm at night. The windows of our room didn't have screens so the bugs could get in. Our door could only be locked from inside the room so we had to leave our bags in the unlocked room while we were gone.

Fijne sfeer hier, de badkamers kunnen alleen wel een (grote) opknapbeurt gebruiken en de badkamer/ slaapkamer mag ook schoner. Bedden waren schoon en prima en het relax gedeelte buiten was ook erg gezellig. Je zit hier ook perfect tussen alle bezienswaardigheden in:) personeel hielp goed en wilden graag tips geven.

Really enjoyed my stay, good atmosphere among other travellers. Place was clean, showers weren't the best, but what you expect on a budget. Sleeping was a challenge, it was seriously hot and the fan in the room wasn't doing much. As per other reviews, the bamboo bunk beds sway a bit and getting onto the top bunk puts you pretty close to the ceiling fan when climbing in.

Perfect location! Clean dorms and showers, nice frontyard to hang out and meet people. Very laid-back athmosphere as in Ubud in general.. Very good for solo travelers :)!

Very nice and clean hostel. I really recommend it. Its clearly value for money

Really quaint hostel in traditional Balinese style design. Super helpful staff who can help you book everything - buses, excursions, boats. Within walking distance to everything. Loved this place!

The best athmosphere ever! Great staff! Nice calm location. I do recommend to all travelers!

• 17th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Nice atmosphere, need to play different music often had same cd on a loop. Communal area could be cleaner. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bamboo beds could be very annoying because everytime you moved they made lots of noise. However stayed for around a week and really enjoyed myself

Sweet little hostel. I met some pretty cool people here. Close to everything. Cheap breakfast if you want it, cold beer, fresh juices. Just hope you don't get a top bunk. They bamboo beds sway back and forth and your head is inches away from the ceiling fan. No locks for the doors, but that seems To be normal for Bali.

The hostel was ok. We stayed in a private room - very nice and clean. The area itself is calm and relaxing. What we missed was a breakfast which is normally at this price included + better wifi. Overall not bad but not the best

• 3rd May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great little joint with the friendliess staff. Really helpful people at the hotel and really try to do the best for you. Cool social area out the front with a new crowd arriving all the time. Small bar which is perfect to kick off every night out and in a good part of town.

Really nice location among the rice paddies, great food, just a nice place. Would be nice if breakfast was included, or there was free drinking water!

There's a great relaxed vibe in the communal areas: cushions, a bar and music etc. It's quiet at night. I've slept in more comfortable beds and all the rooms went off the central room, which we were in, so there was a lot of traffic. The decor is funky and the location was good for exploring central Ubud. However, afterwards we realised we'd paid a lot more than we needed to - a homestay in Ubud is much cheaper and more authentic: though there's less chance of meeting people.

Very nice common area and a very social atmosphere. Everything is clean and nice. The only real downside of this place were the beds. I was in a top bunk and found the whole bamboo frame shook and moved, and the mattress itself was very very soft. Still I slept well most of the time and had a great time exploring Ubud from here.

Staff were very helpful. Good location.

Super cute and fun place. A wee bit of walk into the center of the city but not bad at all. The staff was great and the room was too. I did see a cockroach in our bathroom but hell...it's Indonesia! I recommend this place for sure

I believe that this hostel will someday be one of the best yet affordable hostels in Bali. The staff was great! But there was a hole in my dormitory room, the floor had a stain, and my pillowcase didn't smell good. A little renovation here or there will greatly improve the facilities and a little active cleaning will definitely make this an excellent place to stay because it already has that relaxing vibe.

Free breakfast is the norm for most hostels and check out time at 12.00 noon would be more helpful. The pricing at the hostel's cafe is high and does not reflect an outlet for backpackers.

Loved my time at Mango a Tree! All of the staff are so friendly and helpful!

• 17th Mar 2014