The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

Super cheap 4 bed dorm. Very nice stuff and excellent restaurants near by. I would always recommend to stay here.

• 24th Jan 2016

Happy Mango Tree is worth it though considering the price, the place is cleaned every day and the beds are comfortable with one four beds per room, the two that I stayed in had little verandas which I thoroughly enjoyed everyday. Staff take a while with food and it's pretty average but they are really nice and will help you out if you have enquires. Great vibe, you meet a lot of people. One dingy shower toilet room between 12 people but w/e. Can't wait to come back!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Mango tree was cool! Reasonable price too-- walking distance we were a little far from other hostels and good shopping areas, but we walked anyways...not that bad. They tend to blast relatively upbeat music pretty much all day, but turn it off at a reasonable time at night! You can't bring food or drinks in b/c they have a restaurant...we ate elsewhere during our stay! Booked a volcano hike and another tour here; both tour guides were really great. Would definitely recommend mango tree!

This hostel definitely needs a revamp. The rooms are dark and old, beds are awful, no pool which most hostels have now. The lady who checked us in was incredibly slow. The bathroom is a tiny low ceiling toilet with a shower shoved in there and felt dirty. We left to go across the road for a little more and got breakfast, pool and lovely room and bathroom. Wouldn't recommend, you can find a lot better for your money this hostel is past it!

We enjoyed our stay and recomend this hostel to other people.

the hostel in general was nice as the bar and especially the balconies. but there are no keys so everything is always open which wouldnt be a problem if there was always be someone at the recpetion but that wasnt the case additional lockers weren't for free what i woukd expect if there are no keys at all also the staff was not as friendly as in other places and slightly unorganized i was upset because we barely couldnt charge our phones cause the sockets were fake or didnt work at least

My dorm room must have been next to a speaker or something because they turned music on in the bar at 8am on a Saturday and it was very loud. Food was pretty good. No kitchen facilities. Staff were very helpful booking trips. No lock on dorm room, small lockers in reception.

It's a nice place, well decorated, nice staff, friendly travelers, mostly young backpackers. I didn't like that the dorm room door has no lock and inside the dorm there are no tables to put your stuff or hooks on the wall to hang up anything. The main problem I have is the price. To pay 100,000 a night with no breakfast doesn't make sense. You can get your own basic room for the same price, your own room with breakfast for 150,000. Food is good, the prices just a little higher than some places.

Great atmosphere in the bar area. Cheep and about 5 monuets from lots of bars and resturants. There were no locks on any doors but key lockers were provided for a 50000 rupiah deposit.

Nice place to chill but no pool. Very close walk to all the shops and central ubud area. Cheap and clean they wash your bed sheets on the daily and bathrooms were clean. Not a very social atmosphere though, we seemed to be the only people trying to make friends. Restaurant was kind of gross.

If you love dub step and want to hear the same songs on loop all day, this is your place! Honestly, aside from the terrible music, it was a great place to stay. Centrally located, friendly staff and clean rooms. Definitely worth the trip if you can stand the music. Yes, I had a problem with the music.

Was a lovely place! Stayed in the Rubik's cube room, interesting and colourful. Staff helpful and relaxed. Thank you :)

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Japan

I really liked the staff, they where friendly and relaxed - the bunk beds where comfortable. However, I booked a shuttle to the airport with them and they had forgotten to call the company. I had to wait half an hour extra and was worried I would be late for my flight. The shower didn't work. The location was a 40 minute walk from the yoga barn and a 20 minute walk from the main shops restaurants. I've been in hostels that cost less and still provided tea and coffee or a water cooler.

it's a pretty nice chill hostel. it's quite clean for Indonesia standards, the food and drinks are OK, its got the cheapest trips to Mt batur, and is a great place to meet people.

The hostel is nice and colourful and well maintained, however anyone can walk in the front gate. The location is good, just off the main road and a short walk anywhere with lots of nice restaurants in the road itself. Showers are hot, lockers are provided, wifi was ok. Downside is that they do not provide drinking water and staff could be a bit friendlier.

• 29th Aug 2015

We had a private room, which was very clean and the bed was not squeaky like the bunk beds in the dorms supposedly are. The bathroom would smell a bit from time to time, but this was our experience all over Indonesia. It was a bit strange that our room had a padlock from the hostel, which a staff member took away when they showed us to our room (so bring your own if you plan to stay here). The staff was sullen, on the border of being rude, in our few interactions with them.

Good hostel if your on a budget and don't mind the hostel a little worn around the edges. The beds are bamboo bunks so even the slightest movement makes noise at night. There are no lockers or locks or any doors, although small lockers for passport/ money in reception. The washroom facilities really need a clean up- with smelly shower and as I was shampooing my hair the water was scolding and cold wouldn't work so I had to wash my hair over the slow draining sink as to not scold myself. food ok

Nice for budget

Really great location and lovely atmosphere, food also really nice. Had a problem withl lots of ants in our room which staff weren't too sure what to do but then you are in indonesia!

Decor was nice. Reception staff weren't very welcoming and breakfast want included. Overall I had a good stay and location was ideal.

• 13th Aug 2015