The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

It was overall a decent experience. Check in was easy and the bar/ restaurant was reasonable. Nothing stood out as exceptional though. It would be nice to have mirror by the sink to make it easy to shave in, but on the flip side the showers and toilets were nice and clean with hot water.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • rohanbats

The atmosphere at this hostel is really nice. Cool chill out area and bar and nice shower and bathroom facilities in kind of a forest outdoor style design. But the beds were really really soft and I thought not really comfortable. Every time I would climb up to my upper bunk o thought the whole construction would fall over.. And it was super warm at night because there's only a fan and no air con. It's okay for the money but don't expect too much from the rooms.

Very friendly staff and very clean room. My stay was great.

• 8th Apr 2015

Not very clean, staff were more interests in chatting to each other than helping guests.

Very basic but has everything you need, warm shower and a bed. There are no locks on the dorm door but you can rent a locker if you so choose.

Great hostel on a quiet road in the center of Ubud, very nice ambiance and the staff is very friendly.

It's a nice hostel that will do the job. It's clean though the pillow cases were damp. The bamboo bunks were as everyone has said very noisy and felt unstable. The room fan was noisy and inadequate, the room we were in opposite the reception leaks when it rains so make sure to leave nothing on the floor as a large puddle formed, he food was overly salty and poor for the price. It's ok and will do for a few nights but not the best Ive been in.

Staff was OK. Shower was broken in the room. Choose another one if you just wanna good sleep after a tiring day.

This was my first night in a hostel ever, had a great experience! Very easy to meet people and a very social atmosphere. There are small lockers to put valuables in but they're not big enough for a backpack, I felt like my stuff was safe here anyway though.

I went to check in and the friendly reception person tells me I owe more money. I said I paid and he informed me there are fees from Hostel World. It is so sleazy to tack on hidden fees. Never again hostel world. Oh yeah, Happy Mango Tree was ok.

• 27th Jan 2015

Renovation in the upstairs bathroom at the moment so very noisy! And no toilet for the upstairs dorm you have to go down some very steep stairs. The rooms have a fan but they are very hot and I found it hard to sleep! Not many people socialising around the hostel. They have a safe which is good and it is a great location for ubud. They do have a bar which also serves juices :)

There was no atmosphere here and we actually cancelled our booking as we were put on two top bunks whilst a couple were put on two bottom bunks. This didn't really make sense as surely a couple sleep in the same bed? Anyway they put us in their sister hostel up the road and it was actually alot better it's called In da Place ,atmosphere was alot better. Staff were not joined up, as we asked to extend our room another night the night before we stayed, they said ok then Negated it in the morning!

Really nice hostel! Chilled out atmosphere, and perfect for a solo traveller. It's really easy to meet some cool people here. Their music playlist gets a little bit annoying though...

• 7th Jan 2015

pro. nice bar with food and drinks. nice enough stuff. room is ok. location ok. nice place to relax down stair. lockers for security. good to met people too

Amazing. can't say a bad word!

All in all this place was alright. We had an incident with cockroaches, and the white water rafting trip they sent us on was not what we were expecting. But the showers were hot and the breakfasts served at the restaurant were pretty good too. The only thing that was annoying was we couldn't bring outside food into the lobby. It has to be eaten in your room

• 2nd Jan 2015

Great hostel very friendly staff

The place is good and the verandah is a good place to socialize and meet fellow travelers. It is a 10 minute walk from the palace. The hot water didn't work for a while and we had to inform the staff and wait a while before they got it back.

This was my second time staying at this hostel. Location is unbeatable for the price! It's a very colorful and vibrant place with many interesting people traveling through. The bunks were noisy and of moderately poor quality but comfortable, they play awful pop remixes in the main area but it's a great place to meet people or just chill out with a book so you learn to ignore it. I'd consider coming back again!

Really nice and clean hostel with good beds. Really nice chilled atmosphere. Definitely stay here again