The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

We had a private room, which was very clean and the bed was not squeaky like the bunk beds in the dorms supposedly are. The bathroom would smell a bit from time to time, but this was our experience all over Indonesia. It was a bit strange that our room had a padlock from the hostel, which a staff member took away when they showed us to our room (so bring your own if you plan to stay here). The staff was sullen, on the border of being rude, in our few interactions with them.

Good hostel if your on a budget and don't mind the hostel a little worn around the edges. The beds are bamboo bunks so even the slightest movement makes noise at night. There are no lockers or locks or any doors, although small lockers for passport/ money in reception. The washroom facilities really need a clean up- with smelly shower and as I was shampooing my hair the water was scolding and cold wouldn't work so I had to wash my hair over the slow draining sink as to not scold myself. food ok

Really great location and lovely atmosphere, food also really nice. Had a problem withl lots of ants in our room which staff weren't too sure what to do but then you are in indonesia!

Decor was nice. Reception staff weren't very welcoming and breakfast want included. Overall I had a good stay and location was ideal.

• 13th Aug 2015

The beds were so squeaky it was hard to sleep, and stay asleep! Every time I moved the bed would make such a loud noise and I would wake everyone else in the room. The fans highest setting was too low. Very uncomfortable sleep!

Location is good, walking distance to main roads, monkey forest, palace, Ubud market etc. The beds are comfortable but make sounds everytime you turn around, climb up the bunkbed...its made of bambus. bathroom facilities are good, warm water, small lockers at the reception for your values, cheap food and bar, nice common area outside. no breakfast inkluded but there are so many nice (and cheap) places to eat!

This place was great! A real pearl within a vivid city like Ubud. It is a great spot to meet people from around the world, in a very quiet alley not too far from the main roads. The wifi reception was good to great and the food was fine too. If I plan to go back to Ubud, I will definitely book this hostel again!

Clean. Close to city center. Great vibe. Def recommend to backpackers. Beds might creak but they are sturdy!!

Our overall stay was normal and the staff were helpful with the bookings for our trekking tours and transport to the airport. However, there were no locks on the door or hot water in the en suite showers. The only upside is that we got to use the pool at their sister hostel and we were just staying there for a night. It definitely paled in comparison to the other hostels we stayed in Kuta/Seminyak that cost the same amount.

its really well located (20min stroll to the monkey forest). the atmosphere is great. the bar area is nice. everyone talks to everyone. there are also some good cheap massage places near it

I stayed there for two nights. There was no hot water the first day. The staff said that she will call somebody. In fact, she didn't bother about it until the next day. There were cockroaches in the room and the staff member was disgusted and afraid to remove them. Finally she got rid of them and the second night was ok. Since it is so cheap it's ok to stay there. But if you can afford a little bit more I would stay somewhere else.

• 17th Jul 2015

Stayed here one night only, staff is very friendly and helpfull and there's a really chill atmosphere. But the beds aren't the most comfortable, they make a lot of sound and the bathroom doesnt feel clean. Poor shower and smelly toilett. Okay for a one night stay but i wouldnt stay here longer.

Great location in Ubud with food and drink provided although cheaper found just down the street. Private rooms really nice and great value for money if a couple as only 50,000 more for double bed and bathroom than it is for two dorm beds. In da lodge is a sister hostel which provides a pool area as this hostel does not have one

The hostel was clean and the beds were okay, but the staff could be more helpful/friendly. The food here is nice and good value for money, but the atmosphere of the hostel is a bit quieter and less sociable than other hostels like In Da Lodge. The wifi is not great and doesn't reach the rooms and rooms can't be locked properly, but it's in a good location and access is easy, beds were comfortable and showers are okay.

Fairly average hostel. Nothing stands out as amazing and nothing is awful. I booked the stairway to heaven room the (deluxe double bed)- the best spot in the whole hostel. Private balcony, bathroom, and bed. The door, one window, and half of the bathroom had locks while the other part of the bathroom door and the window in the bathroom didn't have a lock. Someone really tiny could have crawled in if they wanted to. Nice seating in the lounge but dirty cushions. Not a super social place.

Good hostel with great chilling out areas, staff helpful. Beds are quite bad and uncomfortable, bamboo frames make them very noisy when you turn over in your sleep. Poor security, our room didn't even have a lock, also only one locker per room which was weird as they're dorms and not privates. Easy location and good for a 1-2 night stay.

Had my things stolen from the dorm, atmosphere is ok but not as good as I'd hoped, not much going on at all. Food is good but pricey

Very nice hostel with a really good atmosphere. The place is quite far from the main street, but there are many restaurants and cheap massage places around.

Nice place to stay.

a creative hippy vibe close to the monkey forest among beautiful rice fields.