The Happy Mango Tree Reviews

jalan bisma 27, lingk. ubud kelod ubud, gianyar, b, Ubud, Indonesia

Good place to meet people, a hostel in a sea of spas. slept ok first 2 nights, last night had a bed bug.

A great place to stay with friendly faces everywhere and such delicious breakfast. Definitely rent a moped it was the best thing we did and it was so easy right from the front desk.

Typical backpackers hostel: very basic and not the cleanest bathrooms, but nice common area and a good place to meet fellow travellers. I was travelling by myself and found this a great place to meet other people. I would recommend to get a safe, since the staff is not around at night.

Small dark dirty bathrooms, some rooms are bright and nice, some tiny and dark. No hot water like they advertise and the bathroom upstairs didn't work for a few days. Not much atmosphere to speak of.....but that always depends on the people who are there, so maybe I just got in at a bad time!

It was dirty, very loud, the beds are shaking and the staff didn't even try to help me because I had to leave one day earlier. They said it's already in the system and I have to pay it... We told the staff the toillet ist very dirty, two hours later it was still dirty. The shower was cold. Only the common area is really nice, but you aren't allowed to bring your own food and drinks. I don't understand why it's so high rated... It's cheap, but we had better hostels for the same price.

I really nice hostel with a lovely social area. The only downside was that it was down a very dark road at night with lots of dogs! (Lovely during the day however) and only one toilet and shower for 8 people

• 25th Aug 2014
  • fayeannbeamish

Would definitely go back, great place to hang out, relaxing and social. Staff were great, reasonable priced beers. No hot water but didn't require it in the hot weather

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, bamboo bunk beds are very noisy and quite wobbly especially if you are on the top bunk. Small locker provided to keep your stuff safe, big communal area but generally quiet atmosphere. Bathroom in the dorm was not great but the shared bathroom was better. Overlooking a rice paddy and situated in the centre of ubud.

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. The food in the restaurant is good. To bad that its not possible to lock the doors of the showers and that the water is not always hot. One of the rooms is a passage to two other rooms, hard to sleep a good night.

Really nice hostel with a great atmosphere. Good place to meet fellow travelers and a place from where you can explore the beautiful surroundings of Ubud. The staff is really nice and will help you with any questions. If you go to Ubud, try to go to this hostel!

Nice place, not the cleanest in town and with only one sink for a bunch of people, but great atmosphere, chill out area and (not included) breakfast.

It's a lovely hostels with great atmosphere. All rooms are very coulourful and nice equipped. Outside is a bar too and they serve breakfast too. It's really great!

Cold showers and the power went off almost every night. You can't lock the door to the dorm room. Otherwise the location is great!

This is an OK place to stay in Ubud with nice common areas and a relaxed atmosphere. Staff is really friendly and helpful, but facilities could be improved. Showers never had hot water in the six days I stayed and the Wifi broke down on two of those days. My dorm room had a moldy smell to it and whatever was inside somehow turned damp - clothes, sheets, etc. And please throw out that James Blunt CD!

This hostel was in a good location but wasn't very clean. There is no air conditioning so the rooms were pretty warm at night. The windows of our room didn't have screens so the bugs could get in. Our door could only be locked from inside the room so we had to leave our bags in the unlocked room while we were gone.

Fijne sfeer hier, de badkamers kunnen alleen wel een (grote) opknapbeurt gebruiken en de badkamer/ slaapkamer mag ook schoner. Bedden waren schoon en prima en het relax gedeelte buiten was ook erg gezellig. Je zit hier ook perfect tussen alle bezienswaardigheden in:) personeel hielp goed en wilden graag tips geven.

Really enjoyed my stay, good atmosphere among other travellers. Place was clean, showers weren't the best, but what you expect on a budget. Sleeping was a challenge, it was seriously hot and the fan in the room wasn't doing much. As per other reviews, the bamboo bunk beds sway a bit and getting onto the top bunk puts you pretty close to the ceiling fan when climbing in.

Perfect location! Clean dorms and showers, nice frontyard to hang out and meet people. Very laid-back athmosphere as in Ubud in general.. Very good for solo travelers :)!

Very nice and clean hostel. I really recommend it. Its clearly value for money

Really quaint hostel in traditional Balinese style design. Super helpful staff who can help you book everything - buses, excursions, boats. Within walking distance to everything. Loved this place!