Superb 1,779 Total Reviews
Superb 1,779 Total Reviews
The Hat Madrid Located at Calle Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid.
Spain
Madrid Madrid 28012 Calle Imperial 9, Madrid
94% 1779
40.4142148 -3.7072312
    Rooms available

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2016

Great terrace for drinks and dinner. The location is not in the safest area around Madrid but it's pretty central to everything. Only stayed there for one night but it's clean and worth the money!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2016

I loved the Hat. It had a really nice feel to it as soon as you walked in. Not the most helpful staff but if you asked for something I'm sure they'd be able to give you direction. Good facilities and comfortable beds. Most awesome roof top bar with a range of cocktails. Not too sure that the party scene was apparent at this hostel though.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2016

We absolutely LOVED our stay here and we highly recommend! The location is great and in walking distance to all the main attractions of the city. The hostel was modern, comfortable rooms and breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented- well worth the 3 euros. The highlight for us was the staff, who were accommodating and went above and beyond to help us, spending time giving us advice, lending us locks, and booking transport and activities for us (special thanks to Susana!). Thank you!

24th Jul 2016

If I could live here, I would. I felt more like I was staying at a five star hotel than anything else. I cannot recommend this place again.

24th Jul 2016

Absolutely LOVED this hostel! It was probably my favorite of all the hostels I stayed during my month-long trip. Located right past Plaza Mayor and very close to both Sol and El Rastro, the location is prime. The atmosphere is fantastic and it has a fun terecita bar (still a bit pricey for cocktails, but still cheaper than others in the area). The staff is super helpful. Would definitely go back when I return to Madrid!

21st Jul 2016

Great hostel. A little difficult to find initially but the location ultimately turned out to be fantastic. Was welcomed wonderfully by very friendly staff & given a glass of cold water as soon as I walked in (perfect when it was 36 degrees outside). Nice beds although my upper bunk was missing safety barrier on one side with bare concrete floor below. Aircon in rooms was great. Good breakfast for only 3 euros. My only real complaint - no proper self-serve kitchen. Still highly recommend.

20th Jul 2016
7.4

I didnt enjoy my trip here as its more like a hotel not hostel, very well maintained, excellent location but the vibe was missing, There was no proper common area, there was area in front of reception and the terrace but outsider can also come and use, so it was not a feel of a hostel where you can meet and interact. There was a dining area and kitchen in the basement but not lively at all. So if you are looking for great facility and isolation then this might be just fine for you.

20th Jul 2016

It is perfect!!! Just for you to know... The only issue was the bathroon rsrsrs --> without shower cabin. But I would being my family to thos hostel with me! Amazing staff, involvimg atmosphere and all other small tiny tiny details :D

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

정말 가격 대비 괜찮았던거 같습니다! 냉장고가 다같이 쓰기엔 좀 작지 않나 했지만, 의외로 자리가 있어서 쓰는데 그리 불편하진 않았구요.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

The staff were helpful, professional and happy to provide maps and tips. The bathrooms and bedrooms were fresh and clean, and towels and bedding provided were of a high standard. The decor throughout was lovely and the terrace was great. Everything was walk-able from the hostel and we felt safe there. From the station it is a bit of a walk up hill, we recommend that you print out your own map to get there. The lockers were good and breakfast was lovely. The walking tour was fun and interesting.