The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Most beautiful hostel I have ever seen!! Everything was perfect. 9,99/10 if towel would be free and beers will be cheaper next time my score will be 10 :)

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

This is a super nice place to stay. Their check-pout time of 12:00 is great to sleep in.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Excellent hostel :)

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

the bar on the roof was excellent, good atmosphere. Also very good location. Kitchen needs improving

perfect hostel in the world

Definitely recommend this hostel! The free breakfast is the best we've had in all the hostels we've stayed in so far! There's so much to choose from! Awesome roof top bar

Great decor, clean rooms, helpful staff and a nice rooftop. However, it was really apparent that there wasn't much for a common space/hangout space for hostel guests. The rooftop is great, but it's absolutely packed with non-guests who come there for the night (they even make lines in the lobby to head upstairs on the elevator). Guess I can't blame them...they are raking it in with this rooftop, but definitely makes the hostel feel a lot less "homey"

During checkin on July 21at 5h30pm, I did ask the staff to get me shuttle bus to airport for 2 days later... the day before I left, I came to front desk again to confirm, instead of asking my name, the staff said "if u did register, it should be there don't worry "... and guess what, they never did register, I waited 15minn, the staffs said "don't worry, it usually late", I asked him to call them, then found out my name not there...Thanks God I made it to airport by taxi

• 21st Jul 2015

Had a great experience at The Hat. The staff was nice and helpful with any questions. The free breakfast was a great accommodation, and good food. The whole hostel atmosphere was fun, clean, and friendly.

• 20th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was great, nice and healthy! So clean and bright and welcoming.

This is a great hostel, quirky and vibrant. Great for meeting fellow travellers. The rooftop bar is fantastic and the breakfast bar in the basement had a great range to choose from. Would 100% recommend for anyone staying in Madrid. Also had a lady providing info on day tours round the city and pub crawls for evening.

Best hostel I've stayed in!

This hostel seems a little pretentious to me. It's not made in a way in which you'll meet many other travelers other than the people in your room. The rooftop bar is often closed for special events and when it is open you'll pay nine euros for a whiskey ginger (using Jack). The shower door doesn't close all of the way and one of my roommates soaked the entire floor--even around the beds. The place looks nice, but is kind of a fraud in reality.

It seemed like the maids in the hostel were there all day but only made the beds and mopped the floor. There were fruit on the sink in room B1 for all of the days I was there. This brought gnats into the room which was pretty gross. One of the sinks in the room also sprays water on you which was annoying. The soap bottle also went empty and was not replenished. Most hostels with bars also offer special rates for guests staying there. Also strange that the lobby bar was rarely open.

Awesome place, everything was perfect!

Staff is great. They were very helpful! The rooms were so clean and beds very comfortable! Atmosphere is really nice. Simple but nicely decorated. Nice that breakfast is included. Nothing fancy but it's good and the coffee is great! The bathroom in the room was nice as well. Definitely would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2015

The hostel was fantastic with the exception of the rooftop bar which was always closed for private functions. It's a bit of a shame given that hostels are meant to be social places.

• 16th Jul 2015

We loved our stay here, my partner and I got a private room, it was clean and spacious. The hostel is in a great location and the roof top bar is great. I also love the fact you get free breaky! Wonderful stay

• 16th Jul 2015

Staff was very kind and nice. Location is good too. This hostel have air conditioning each room. Room and bathroom are so clean. Perfact! If I come back to Madrid, I'll stay this hostel again.

I really liked how close everything was to our hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7