The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The Hat has a perfect location, trendy decor and a good vibe. Staff are really friendly and helpful, and the place feels safe. The facilities are new and clean, and breakfast was really yummy! I could leave my bags in a locker after check out, very cool as I got to explore the city worry-free. My only criticism is that it's a little impersonal because it's big and the rooftop is open to the public, but this also gives it a good vibe. I'd recommend staying here, and definitely for groups!

Good hostel. Well located, spacious and very clean rooms and bathrooms. The rooftop bar is cool. Also the breakfast is great. Very good wifi.

I spent two nights at The Hat and was impressed. The location is outstanding, 15 minutes walk from main attractions. Restaurants litter the main surroundings. The hostel itself is immaculately clean. Security is excellent, with card-based entry to all dormitory doors. The beds very comfortable. The only disappointing aspect was the rooftop bar. It seems to be dominated by locals on dates and in large groups, and so it wasn't easy to meet fellow travellers.

Friendly, helpful staff; great location; AMAZING room (spacious, clean, nicely decorated, homey). A maintenance worker came into our room WHILE we were in it, which was a little disturbing, but it seemed to be a harmless mistake. I would recommend this hostel without a doubt.

Loved the friendly and helpful staff! As for the rooms, they were beautiful and very clean!

• 27th Aug 2015

Great installations

We had a great time at the Hat! It had a great vibe and the staff were all so friendly! We got free drinks when we arrived, which was a great start! Would be great though if there was a mini-fridge in the room or in the main room. The breakfast they served was one of the best we've had. Would definitely come back here!!

Right near Plaza Mayor and a 5 min walk to Puerta del Sol. The Hat is well designed with a hipster vibe.

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Excellent facilities, the dorm room was clean and fresh. The atmosphere of the hostel was great. Looking forward to returning soon.

Lovely hostel :) Equipped and decorated with great concept. Had a great time there. Would definitely recommend if you are in Madrid. Its located right in the city center :)

Would 10/10 recommend the Hat!! Two of my friends and I stayed in the 6 bed all girls Deluxe room and couldn't recommend it more! The room was huge, the beds were super comfortable, the staff was great! Only downside was that the rooftop bar can be used by he general public and so the atmosphere in the hostel lacks a little. Otherwise would definitely recommend!

The bathroom in my 8 person room smelled like spaghetti and kinda made the whole room smell like that if the door wasn't completely shut

Great hostel with a great terraza located in a great place just a few steps from Plaza Mayor.

Excellent, funky hostel in great location. Would definitely recommend! Dorms are a bit small and breakfast could be better but these are the important things.

• 23rd Aug 2015

It was one of the best hostels I ever stayed. Excellent location, in the very center, easy to reach every part of Madrid. The hostel is kinda hipster place with the bar and a wonderful terrace. Staff is very helpful, everything in the hostel is well organised. Highly recommend this place.

well set up dorm rooms with individual lights, power points, and lockers big enough for a rucksack. we loved the rooftop! but felt like it didn't really have a hostel vibe because it was open to the public at night. overall a good, central place to stay but not great for socialising.

Wicked hostel. Clean, well designed, great location. Cool rooftop bar for breakfast and a drink. On feedback we would say.. if we book with another person to put them in the same bunk (upper and lower) we always seem to be put apart but no biggie. Would come back to stay here in a heartbeat.

Very nice hostel, and well located. To be perfect they should facilitate a fridge and some more cooking facilities. Excellent breakfast! they also have gluten free bread and lactose free milk.

building. Easy going atmosphere .

• 20th Aug 2015

I only had one night at The Hat but it is a cool, laid back hostel with great staff! I found that the roof top terrace was open to everyone and not just the hostel guests, making it harder to meet people as a solo traveller. But there is also a lot of lovely space downstairs to chill so isn't a big problem! Beds were comfy and bathrooms clean and very functional.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7