The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The staff here are really nice! Clean place! Good location!

Just amazing! A bit far from the subway but I was carrying heavy bags so maybe not that bad. Good included breakfast. Best sheets and covers :)

Positives: Location, trendy design, rooftop bar, free breakfast, clean rooms Negatives: Unused common areas, shower go hot and then cold, chlorine taste and smell to shower and sink water

We(2 girls) booked a 4-bedroom female dorm and were put in a 6 bedroom dorm with 3 beds already occupied. We talked to them and they found us a different room, also 6 bedroom dorm but only one other person sleeping there..... It is a very nice hostel so we were disappointed that they did not give us the right room, because otherwise there is nothing to complain about! Very nice staff, breakfast included, nicely decorated, furniture etc in excellent condition... We recommend it!!

• 4th Dec 2014

I really liked this hostel. The Atmosphere is really chill and laid back and the chairs in the lobby are great for meeting people. Also, the free breakfast has TOMATO TOAST, easily one of my favorite things about Madrid. I'd come back to stay here in a heartbeat. Also, I'd definitely recommend the Madride walking tours that they advertise. Great, fun group of people they have working and coming through this hostel. Walls are a little thin for a city like Madrid, but no real complaints.

Very nice hostel. Staff was great. Roof top bar very nice way to end the evening. Thanks for a great stay will see you again.

• 29th Nov 2014

I can't say enough GREAT things about The Hat. Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in--this place could rival hotels. Social, but in a toned down classy way

One of the best youth hostel I've ever been ! Thank you very much !

• 21st Nov 2014

The Hat is a one of a kind hostel! The place will make an impression on you immediately. There is literally nothing wrong with this place. The hostel is spotless, with a dedicated team of cleaners running around all day. The wifi is fast and available in every nook and cranny of the hostel. The staff are kind and attentive and the breakfast is great! Make sure you take advantage of the rooftop bar and share your travel stories with other people!

Great hostel with a modern touch. Excellent location and the facilities were very clean. Breakfast was good and the free walking tour was awesome! Definitely worth it and made a pleasant stay.

Very good hostel, good breakfast and all the comfort you can get from a hostel. In terms of location, it's probably one of the best, just right net to plaza mayor.

The staff is really really helpful. Breakfast available is pretty awesome too. It's a clean place to stay with great pub crawls :)

Nice location and the security standards are quit high. On the downside, there was no atmosphere to this place and when I arrived my bed had lots of black hair on the bed as well as on the nightstand. The bathroom is ensuite but very small and not what you would expect for such a pricey hostel. As the only sink is in the room, everyone has to wake up when someone gets up to brush their teeth because it´s quit loud.

So good I came back for a second time! A brilliant atmosphere, the perfect location to explore Madrid and super friendly staff.

Would be nice to have a quite area apart from your room. People don't always want music in the background especially when they are talking on the phone/skype and don't wish to be disturbed or disturb others.

I was very impressed with this hostel, and it is the best one I've been to in Spain so far. The location was right in the middle of Plaza Mayor and Puerta de Sol and only a few minutes walk to all the other touristy things. Also the complimentary breakfast was good, staff was nice and helpful, and everything was really clean, including the bathrooms. There is a rooftop bar at the hostel which was also really cool.

I had to stay at TOC Hostel due to room renovations at The Hat. I will give my thanks to the staff at The Hat for quickly re-booking me and taking care of the payment. And I can recommend TOC, for anyone who can not find a room at The Hat.

The Hat was a great hostel overall. I really enjoyed the decor, the staff's willingness to provide advice and assistance, and the great location next to Plaza Mayor. I only wish that the beds were a bit comfier, but that is just me being picky! I would definitely recommend the Hat to anyone who wants a hostel in a great location that also feels safe and trendy. Even if you don't want to go out on the town, there is a bar in the hostel which is excellent, though a bit pricey.

• 6th Nov 2014

We had a great stay at the The Hat! The atmosphere is amazing and the views from the rooftop bar are so relaxing. The interior decorations are awesome and our room was super comfy! The location was great - we just had a little bit of trouble getting there because our taxi driver didn't know where it was, so here's a helpful hint - it's right next to Plaza Mayor (and every taxi driver will know that)! Just wish we knew that beforehand. The staff were super helpful and friendly!

Great Place, Great Staff, Great Atmosphere