The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The location was fantastic, close to Sol and easy walking distance to the flea market, Museos, plaza mayor etc. The rooms were clean and cosy, but beware of the rooms facing the main street, there can be loud noises on the street due to people finishing their dinner and vehicles driving by. However, once it gets past midnight, it usually gets quieter. Love the breakfast and the well-connected wifi around the whole hostel. Will come back to this hostel anytime !

Got my ipad stolen from a stranger beimg in my room, who was not a roommate. Not cool!

Facilities, staff, and amenities are all impeccable- it is a mega hostel but without sterile prison feel or trying-too-hard-to-be-somethig-else feel. Simply it was clean, comfortable and warm with nice linen and comforter. The room had an ample amount of storage space. First floor lounge/bar AND a rooftop bar, like a nice boutique hotel offering drinks and snacks at reasonable prices. Next to a super market. Solid FREE breakfast. Only inevitable downside is due to its size, hard to mingle.

Out of all the hostels I have stayed at this is definitely in my top 3! I just moved here from California and am staying here while I look for a flat. The staff is awesome and helped me extend my stay while I continue searching. One day, while sitting in the lobby, one of the staff members came up to some of us and asked if we wanted to go to the Real Madrid match. And they gave us tickets for free!! The rooftop bar is awesome and it includes breakfast. What more could you ask for?!

• 7th Jan 2015

Beautifully decorated hostel. Beds were comfy (ladder to top bunk is slightly terrifying). The showers are amazing! The room we were in was disgustingly hot, and there is no kitchen or utensils which is dissapointing. We were happy that we were able to arrange a shuttle to the airport.

Very enjoyable. Great location and great rooms.

Great location. The hostel is very well designed & most of the staff is friendly. The bfast is terrible & not worth the amount we paid for our stay. On our 1st day, we were asked to wait a few hours till check in time & then went in to find the room had not been cleaned since the previous occupants left. We stayed in this hostel's female dorms on 3 separate occasions, & each time our roommates were unclean & noisy, which might not be the hostel's fault but we haven't had this problem elsewhere.

I really enjoyed my time at The Hat. The staff were welcoming, the bed was comfy, the bar and terrace were nice. As a solo female traveller I felt safe. It has a good location, a good breakfast. The only thing lacking is kitchen facilities, but in Madrid, why would you cook your own food?

Great location, close to everything. Very modern and stylish hostel with great lobby and bar. Rooms are functional and clean with good beds and matraces and spacious lockers. Ensuite bathrooms are basic. wuthout washing basins which re located in the sleeping rooms (not very clever). Breakfast is okay but the buffet is poorly organised. Nice, helpful and friendly stuff.

I felt really comfortable, the staff was really friendly and always helpful, excellent facilities. Though it's a little bit more expensive than other hostels in the city it's really worth the price.

• 1st Jan 2015

This is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in, and for such a reasonable price! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the atmosphere was great. I absolutely loved this place and would stay here again. It's right by Plaza Mayor and Sol. The metro is close and there are plenty of restaurants near by. You do need a lock if you want to lock your locker. The only downside was that the reception can get quite busy and is a little slow. Other than that, it is great!!!

Good experience. I appreciated the charger and shelf at each bed, and the excellent Wi-Fi. The bed was also super comfortable (although the pillow was a little small). The sink was in the bedroom though, which made it hard to sleep at night because people were up washing their hands, brushing their teeth, etc. Overall, very happy with the hostel and would recommend!

In general it was ok but there was some troubles : the bathroom was not really clean ... Moreover we had different booking and the mixed up everything so I had someone else sleeping in my bed ... It was not always possible to have a seat for the breakfast - one big table for 12 people with only 5 seats! And it was often missing something (coffee, bread) ... Eventually we had a last minute change to do because our flight was deleted and they didn't answer my email neither make an arrangement

This place has great bathrooms and beds. The main lobby is very hip and cool. If you like all this, great. But if you don't like being in a hostel with children and old people don't stay here. It's almost as if this is a hotel with shared rooms. There was no sense of Hostel community while we (my girlfriend and I) where there. If you are a solo traveler I would highly advise against this place. But if you don't mind about a traditional hostel community, this is a nice clean place

Really great hostel, one of the best I have ever been to in Europe! Perfect location in the center, clean, nice staff, good atmosphere, good prices with breakfast included, and very comfortable beds. I would definitely go back! :)

Walking distance from a ton of things. Right outside of Plaza Mayor. The rooms were incredibly clean and the bed were very spacious. I would definitely come back and recommend it to others.

The Hat is a perfect place to stay, in the centre of Madrid. Very nice warm friendly people. The room was great and very clean! Breakfast like in a hotel. Loved it and I will come back when I go to Madrid!

Excellent location, with modern decoration with minimalist style and friendly staff. We stayed in individual room, although very spacious and fancy lacks basic equipment and other that one would expect for the price, like air drier, clothe hangers, bed side tables, towel hangers, a small table with chair... We found the hot air very dry what prevented us from sleeping and made us sick. Room next to road was noisy. Breakfast lacks variety and quality.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • fardinand
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

The staff here are really nice! Clean place! Good location!

Just amazing! A bit far from the subway but I was carrying heavy bags so maybe not that bad. Good included breakfast. Best sheets and covers :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7