The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The nicest visually appealing hostel I have stayed in. Need to improve directions for hostel for others however. I was in tears by the time I found the hostel.

New hostel so they are still figuring out the details. Kind of a strange vibe among travellers I think as many were travelling alone and most did their own thing. Beautiful facilities though, probably the trendiest hostel I've ever stayed in. Owners go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is comfortable. I am sure they will work out the kinks in the coming months; overall, I would recommend.

Awesome hostel. Very well maintained and the design of the place is very slick and contemporary. Staff is very helpful and do everything they can to help you out. It's in a good location, and easy to get around.

In terms of comfort and design the Hat is the nicest hostel i've stayed in. It has an incredible rooftop bar which does (slightly pricey) drinks and food, but the quality is fantastic so its reasonable. The location is amazing, very close to plaza mayor. would recommend!

Nice place with a good vibe, clean and with an excellent location. But.. When I checked in the girl told me "your bed is number 4,so please don't get another one". That was a little obvious for me but ok. When I got to my room my bet was taken by another person, so I had to go all my way down to tell the staff, and all she said was for me to get a free one. Also the tarrace they have is actually a bar and they don't let you eat your own stuff there. The girl will come and say you must leave.

The staff was very friendly and answered all the questions I had. The rooms are very nice and clean, the only thing that was missing for me was a kitchen. But as there is a bar in the ground floor as well as the roof top bar you can at least always get a drink ;)

Best hostel I have stayed in across Europe. Friendly staff, great atmosphere, clean rooms, comfortable facilities, awesome rooftop bar.

Really enjoyed my stay here; perfect location, very friendly staff and a great place to meet other travellers. Went out one night with another solo traveller and the staff tagged along after we mentioned where we were going to them whilst sat in the roof top bar. Extremely good value for money!

The Hat was a quite nice place. Location is great, facilities are clean and useful. Just 2 downsides; breakfast could be a bit better (more than fruit yoghurt and jam) and I think the hostel was much more calmer than I expect for some crazy place like Madrid. It wasnt easy to meet with people in here.

I can't wait to visit The Hat again. I had such a lovely experience staying here. From the staff to the atmosphere, I would not recommend staying anywhere other than The Hat when visiting Madrid.

Only downside was no kitchen but hard to complain when there is a mircrowave, supermarket across the street and Resturante catering for all budgets within a few minutes walk!

Great hostel, very new and clean with great value for money. The breakfast was alright considering it was free, toast, and orange juice but that suited us fine :)

Amazing hostel. Brand new and Alfonso is incredibly nice and helpful to everyone there. Location couldn't be better, place couldn't be cleaner and the best part of the place is the rooftop bar with great views of Madrid and an easy place to meet fellow travelers. highly recommend it.

Excellent hostel. One of rare examples of a hotel-style hostel that actually works. Bar on roof great value as well.

Really cool, clean and secure hostel with very helpful staff! Lovely roof top bar but thankfully not a party hostel (you get kicked out of the hostel if you party after midnight). A lot of thought has gone into the design and they've added lots of practical details to the rooms. Each bed has a lamp, socket and little shelf as well as a big locker (backpack fits easily) and storage under the beds (higher than normal). Location is fabulous, everything (town center) is within walking distance. Top!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Highly recommened. My partner and loved it. One of the best hostels we have stayed in so far. The location is great and hostel is so clean. The design behind the hostel is also great. Very industrial.

Very good!!!

Everyone was so friendly here! Javier at the front desk was incredibly helpful and the rooftop is the perfect place to meet new people!

• 21st Aug 2014

The hostel is amazing!! it has an awesome roof bar - which is a little bit more expensive than the rest of madrid, but still good. Everything is very clean, Staff is super friendly and the location is PERFECT!! I would stay here again.

This hostel was stylish, simple, and amazing. I wanted to stay their forever. I just loved how clean and modern everything was. The only thing I would improve on is that the staff though nice, could have been a bit more helpful about directions, places to see, recommendations on where to eat, shop, etc... One logistical thing I would improve is that though I found the place pretty secure, I would get bigger lockers, because a big suitcase will not fit in the "locker".

• 20th Aug 2014