The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Great location, atmosphere and breakfast, very clean, and nice staff. What else would you ask for? :)

The place was super clean, the staff friendly and spoke good English. If you arrive hours before check-in, they will hold your bags for you, which was a huge plus to me. It was also only a block and half from the Tirso de Molina Metro stop and a block from Plaza Mayor.

• 31st Jan 2016

I stayed in both a double private, with my boyfriend, and a mixed dorm, after he left Madrid. The private felt like a hotel room-- super comfortable bed, great shower, and quiet. The dorm was comfortable as well. Breakfast was some of the best free hostel breakfast I've had-- boiled eggs, fresh bread and salsa, jams, cheese and ham. And the staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions on where to go and how to get there. I will definitely stay here again if I come back to Madrid.

• 30th Jan 2016

Was a very nice hostel. Had a slight change at check-in due to room availibility and was given a free beverage on the rooftop for the trouble. Very good customer service.

We had a fabulous time at The Hat! The free breakfast provided was above and beyond, and the free walking tour helped us learn and navigate around Madrid during our stay. The staff was incredibly helpful with suggestions for activities and helping us get to the airport. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Honestly the best hostel I have every stayed in and I have stayed in MANY! I wish you had an outpost on every city!

• 27th Jan 2016

Bar prices to higth

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Im doing a short Euro trip and this hostel for me was the best one so far! When I get there the staff was so nice and friendly! The hostel look so clean (look and it is super clean) awesome location and the bedroom was pretty good. I'll go back to Madri soon and this is my place to stay.

I cannot fault this hostel, everything was perfect. Location is excellent!

• 19th Jan 2016

Wow!! What an awesome Hostel!! We have stayed at quite a few in the last couple months and this was by far the best! Great location, super friendly staff, good internet, extremely clean (I think they were cleaning round the clock) and free breakfast (with soy milk)!! Definitely would recommend anyone to stay here! The only thing they could improve on and I didn't even mark them down for this since everything else was so amazing, they need to hand soap in the bathrooms. Thank you guys!!

The Hat Madrid is located in the most charming part of the city. It was very clean and has a great atmosphere! Be sure to check out the Rooftop bar! We felt very safe and welcomed here.

Very friendly hostel that upgraded my room free of charge. Great atmosphere on the rooftop bar. A very classy and sociable hostel.

This hostel is excellent in all categories: they are very clean, the people are very kind, they have meetings to introduce the people and for them enjoying the days/nights together, is in the middle of the center city, in front of a market and near the tourists a places, beside the subway.... The rooftop, the bar, the bar attendings... I liked so much! And the breakfast included is very good too. For sure its worth stay there with them!

thank you for another wonderful stay! Sergio was awesome like always, very welcoming and helpful, as was Miguel. Thanks guys!

Loved this hostel! The staff was amazing, especially the night receptionist Mario. Everyone was extremely helpful and always seemed cheerful and friendly. The hostel was kept clean, and there was a good mixture of activities to do if you were interested, along with places to kick back to get a little quiet time. I'll definitely be staying here again next time I end up in Madrid.

The staff was very helpful, by letting us check-in early and same with check-out. The hosel itself was decorated very nicely and was clean and welcoming. The rooftop was nice at night before you go out, although the cocktails were a little pricy since they weren't on the happy hour list. However, the free breakfast made up for that tenfold. It was a great stay and made our trip easier and better. Thank you The Hat Madrid and Staff!

• 12th Jan 2016

Great vibe and the staff were very friendly.

• 8th Jan 2016

The Hat was such a lovely hostel, and was so close to the centre so nothing was too far away. The rooftop bar was amazing and the staff were all very friendly.

• 7th Jan 2016

Very nice hostel, really clean, sincerely kind staff members and well-located spot in the centre of the city. Besides that not to mention the bar on the roof top, very nice atmosphere upstairs. I would like stay in this hostel again if I visit Madrid again. Just one thing to ask for to this hostel, could you please improve your breakfast a bit more? That's it. Other than that really a awesome hostel. 정말 청결하고 친절한 호스텔. 다시 묵고싶은 그런 호스텔. 조식만 좀 풍부하게 줬으면...ㅋㅋ

Had an amazing time, and the staff went above and beyond to make sure my friend and I had a great stay. Thanks for the 4am breakfast Sergio!

• 7th Jan 2016