The Hat Madrid Reviews

Imperial 9, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

The place was really neat and clean! The staff was really friendly and helpful.. They even helped me to get to the subway station. Plus when you arrive they give you a free sangria in the very cool terrace they have!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Facilities were great and the staff were always friendly and ready to help. Free breakfast was good too.

This hostel was very clean and the staff were remarkably friendly. There wasn't an incredibly social atmosphere, but I was only here for one night, so it didn't matter as much to me. I would stay here again if I come back to Madrid!

Beautiful hostel in the heart of Madrid, really secure and spotlessly clean. The staff were lovely and breakfast was fine. The rooftop bar is the real winner. I would recommend this hostel to any traveller!

• 1st Feb 2015

One of the best and cutest hostels I've ever been. Clean and tidy. Shout out to the friendly staff! Thanks for the nice staying.

Charming hipster hostel at the heart of Madrid, useful location, and a nice, friendly staff. Would recommend!

The Hat is excelent!! well located, the staff is really nice and helpful. I had a lovely stayed and a great time on the roof

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Cutest place ever! Friendly staff, great accommodations and fantastic rooftop bar

The location was fantastic, close to Sol and easy walking distance to the flea market, Museos, plaza mayor etc. The rooms were clean and cosy, but beware of the rooms facing the main street, there can be loud noises on the street due to people finishing their dinner and vehicles driving by. However, once it gets past midnight, it usually gets quieter. Love the breakfast and the well-connected wifi around the whole hostel. Will come back to this hostel anytime !

Got my ipad stolen from a stranger beimg in my room, who was not a roommate. Not cool!

Facilities, staff, and amenities are all impeccable- it is a mega hostel but without sterile prison feel or trying-too-hard-to-be-somethig-else feel. Simply it was clean, comfortable and warm with nice linen and comforter. The room had an ample amount of storage space. First floor lounge/bar AND a rooftop bar, like a nice boutique hotel offering drinks and snacks at reasonable prices. Next to a super market. Solid FREE breakfast. Only inevitable downside is due to its size, hard to mingle.

Out of all the hostels I have stayed at this is definitely in my top 3! I just moved here from California and am staying here while I look for a flat. The staff is awesome and helped me extend my stay while I continue searching. One day, while sitting in the lobby, one of the staff members came up to some of us and asked if we wanted to go to the Real Madrid match. And they gave us tickets for free!! The rooftop bar is awesome and it includes breakfast. What more could you ask for?!

• 7th Jan 2015

Beautifully decorated hostel. Beds were comfy (ladder to top bunk is slightly terrifying). The showers are amazing! The room we were in was disgustingly hot, and there is no kitchen or utensils which is dissapointing. We were happy that we were able to arrange a shuttle to the airport.

Very enjoyable. Great location and great rooms.

Great location. The hostel is very well designed & most of the staff is friendly. The bfast is terrible & not worth the amount we paid for our stay. On our 1st day, we were asked to wait a few hours till check in time & then went in to find the room had not been cleaned since the previous occupants left. We stayed in this hostel's female dorms on 3 separate occasions, & each time our roommates were unclean & noisy, which might not be the hostel's fault but we haven't had this problem elsewhere.

I really enjoyed my time at The Hat. The staff were welcoming, the bed was comfy, the bar and terrace were nice. As a solo female traveller I felt safe. It has a good location, a good breakfast. The only thing lacking is kitchen facilities, but in Madrid, why would you cook your own food?

Great location, close to everything. Very modern and stylish hostel with great lobby and bar. Rooms are functional and clean with good beds and matraces and spacious lockers. Ensuite bathrooms are basic. wuthout washing basins which re located in the sleeping rooms (not very clever). Breakfast is okay but the buffet is poorly organised. Nice, helpful and friendly stuff.

I felt really comfortable, the staff was really friendly and always helpful, excellent facilities. Though it's a little bit more expensive than other hostels in the city it's really worth the price.

• 1st Jan 2015

This is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in, and for such a reasonable price! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the atmosphere was great. I absolutely loved this place and would stay here again. It's right by Plaza Mayor and Sol. The metro is close and there are plenty of restaurants near by. You do need a lock if you want to lock your locker. The only downside was that the reception can get quite busy and is a little slow. Other than that, it is great!!!

Good experience. I appreciated the charger and shelf at each bed, and the excellent Wi-Fi. The bed was also super comfortable (although the pillow was a little small). The sink was in the bedroom though, which made it hard to sleep at night because people were up washing their hands, brushing their teeth, etc. Overall, very happy with the hostel and would recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6