The Hideout Hostel Saigon Reviews

281 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I was very disappointed about the poor breakfast and hearing about phones and other valuables being stolen in the dorms

Hi thanks for staying with us and taking the time to review our hostel. For only $8 a day we give you breakfast, free beers, use of our facilities and a bed in our dorms. Our breakfast consists of egg/bread/fruit/tea/coffee which isn't bad for free! Every bed has a locker, all dorm rooms have locks on the doors and we have signs up in every room telling people to lock their valuables away. for this reason if something goes missing our hostel cannot be held responsible. Thanks Tom

I really liked the rooms. They were big and you got your own locker, lamp&&plug sockets. The showere was amazing too!! The bar is a little small but I enjoyed the pub quiz and the pub crawl. It's a great way to make friends! My only issue was thst they turn the air con off during the day so after walking around in the sun for hours I was fairly disappointed to come back to a warm room :(

Good place to meet people and very central to all the tourist hot spots!

Definitely a party hostel with a bar next door, the pub crawl started way too late and the people in charge were clearly too preoccupied with trying to bone down drunk girls, but it was a great time. They never make it clear that the AC is turned off from 10-5 making it impossible to sleep in from a night of heavy drinking and the rooms are exceptionally hot to begin with. The breakfast was nice, the free beers especially, problems aside the staff was pretty good as well and accommodating.

This hostel was located right near the backpackers area so it was very easy to get to anywhere you wanted, such as the war and reunification museums and the strip of bars that offer "free" drinks. Beds in 8 bed dorm weren't bad, but was slightly cramped... There was a bed that couldn't access a locker because it was too close to another bed. Breakfast wasn't good because the lady making it really skimped on the eggs and charged 10000 dong for an extra egg. Plus? They offer free beer from 7-8.

The chill out room was a great idea. Tv having films loaded onto it already should better advertised around the hostel. Bathrooms were amazing!

Everything was extremely clean. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The staff was pretty helpful, though the cleaning lady threw my shampoo out the window while I was gone and one of the clerks was extremely money-hungry. The bathroom smelled pretty bad the whole time (not from us), but it was very clean and had a separate glass shower stall so the floor didn't get all wet. Location was perfect.

Staff were very good and helpful, especially Steph, I ended up staying an extra 2 nights

Girls behind the reception so helpful and kind! The bar attached next door is ok... Breakfast is not worth getting up for. Air con is great at night but it goes off in the morning at like 5am until like 6pm so it's so hot in the room during the day. Shower is amazing...actually has a shower door! In a good location to get food and book travel etc.

Its a nice hostel with clean rooms, comfy beds and some of the nicest bathrooms I have seen! Its in a good location to wander round saigon and near lots of bars and resturants. The bar crawl is fun but the hostel bar is tiny and can only fit a few people. Apart from that I had a good time here and would recommend it.

• 4th May 2015

Awesome staff! And activities that really allow everyone to have a great time!

I would absolutely stay here again. The only negative is the breakfast isn't that great but its free so go anyways.

They had problems with the WiFi and take it 2 days solve it... the reception staff was ok but the lady who prepare the breakfast can be a little more gentile.

We booked a 10 bed dorm. The ones that are shown In the pictures and we were put In a very small 6 bed dorm that wasn't like the pictures at all. The next day we asked to move and they did so it out hesitation and the room was so nice. Really spacious, lockers, great bathroom etc. The down fall of though was the breakfast your options are eggs or fruit and everytime we came down for in the morning the fruit was gone, they don't provide milk with your tea. Also wifi did not work our whole stay

Good location, helpful staff, good to meet a lot of backpackers! There's a pub crawl once every two days. Plus two free beers a day (we got saigon's) Rain shower is amazing! Wifi was a bit crappy but didn't really bother me. Overall a nice stay!

Good hostel in a good location with good breakfast and good beds with good lockers... Nothing to complain about! (Although there were a couple of power cuts but the staff solved it pretty well.) Met some people here but I think there are better places to meet people. Would stay here again though!

My overall experience here was very good, and I commend the staff for their friendliness and helpfulness. However, I do have a few constructive criticisms. First, the wifi throughout the building, including the bar, is really slow and often does not work. Second, the bar staff are generally quite rude... not all of them, but most of them. Third, I think it's ridiculous you all turn off the AC during the day. It's just so uncomfortably hot and sweaty.

Amazing hostel, the free beers and movie room were an added bonus! The location is perfect if you are looking for somewhere in the heart of things and want some fun nights out! I did a cooking class booked through the hostel that was great fun and good value for money! I would recommend this place to anyone

• 16th Apr 2015

Great hostel- a 10 minute walk from the market, and it's right on the main backpacker drag. The staff are very lovely, and the beds are comfy.

Bed wasn't really clean and only cold water I'm the shower. This is absolutely a party hostel, so if you don't wanna go out I would recommend to choose another

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7