The Hideout Hostel Saigon Reviews

281 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really good hostel to meet new people and really good atmosphere also great location.

Overall a pretty great place. Drinks were cheap and the bar was a great place to meet people. Organized tours were pretty good as well. Lockers were pretty small but the balcony made up for that. No real complaints to make.

• 24th Jun 2015

We had a nice stay, was clean and fun but they're could have been more common area

• 24th Jun 2015

Great location in the heart of the city and a great place to meet others. With the events they hold and the bar next door (with a couple free beers), you'd have to go out of your way not to befriend people. The place is probably understaffed (couldn't fix my outlet or get me a towel) but the people they have are quite helpful. Don't book stuff through them though, cheaper options everywhere else. Especially don't take taxis to the airport, the bus is only 5000 VND vs. $9 USD for a taxi

Great party hostel. The free breakfast is pretty average but whatever. The staff are super helpful and knowledgable. Definitely recommend the free drinks and the bar- good prices and good vibes.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location was okay but the city is huge so it takes a while to get anywhere. Facilities were okay. Didn't like the ensuite rooms for 10 people. It was hard to fit showers in. Our door to the room would not lock which brought along some security concerns. Wifi was very spotty. Staff was nice and helpful.

My friend and I loved this place, we met some amazing characters and had a lot of fun. The facilities are great, the shower was really good and also they have a chill out room where you can watch an abundance of films and rest. The best hostel I've stayed in so far.

Nice hostel ruined by drunk fools. We stayed in a 10 person dorm which isn't usually a problem at all. Both nights I was kept up by rude roommates. The first night a guy tried to get in my bed thinking it was his. Once I finally convinced him it was in fact my bed, he crawled into someone else's bed (still not his). The next night another roommate was belligerent- shouting and trying to start a fight with others in the room. Scary and unnecessary.

Great hostel to meet people, love the fact they have free beers between 7-8pm. Great way to meet people. Nice hostel service staff who are friendly and useful to help in bookings to day tours.

The breakfast is bad and limited.

This was easily my favorite hostel I visited during my 2 months in Indochina. The location is a $1-2 tuk tuk or 10 minute walk to Pub Street, the staff is par none, and the rooms and bathrooms were great. I stayed in a mixed 6 room. Each bed has multiple outlets, AC was perfect (and it was 40+ each day). The common area is great too and is heavily used by other travelers but never felt packed. Bar is well stocked, menu has good variety and everything I ordered was very good and cheap!

• 6th Jun 2015

Great hostel, very clean and friendly. The staff are on the ball and have a fountain of knowledge they're happy to share with you. Steph in particular was very helpful and made us feel at home. The bar next door is a nice touch with the 2 free beers in the evening. The movie room needs to be open later than 10pm. Much nicer than the other hostels in the area. Book in advance!

Nice hostel but somehow hyped too much. The evening program is nice although the pub crawl was pretty lame.. Breakfast is okay, portions could be a little bigger though. Staff at the receptions was really nice and the facilities plus the house bar are great!

A fantastic hostel, the bar and two free beers each night make for a really sociable and friendly atmosphere. Also the safe in the room is a big bonus. The tours available are also well priced and well organised. Thank you so much!

• 1st Jun 2015

Great atmosphere and location at this hostel including the bar crawl which is really fun and great for meeting fellow travellers. However room was absolutely tiny with one bathroom for 8 people which was very inadequate. The breakfast was also awful and not worth having. We preferred Vietnam Inn which is almost opposite this hostel.

Great location and staff!

Greet hostel in a great location. Very social and they own a fun bar next door. The ac gets turned off between 10am-5pm, so don't stay here if you're a homebody, but this is fine for anyone who gets out and about.

My bed was soiled on checkin. I told staff and asked for sheets to be changed before heading out to explore the city. I returned after staffed hours, ~10.30pm and my sheets had not been changed. I told a staff member who happened to be hanging out at the hostel of the issue. He became disgruntled, asking me why I hadn't told them earlier. I assured him that maintaining the hostel was their responsibility, not mine. I felt pretty bad about the whole thing. I contracted an itchy rash as a result.

The wifi really wasn't great, on any floor. Room was nice though, hotel-standard ensuite! There were nice people in my dorm, otherwise I'd have found it harder to meet people with a lack of proper social space (the tv room is the luggage cubby). Nice and helpful staff. Good location, short walk from main bus stops and near lots of travel agents.

Staff was super friendly. Showers were also exceptional.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7