The Hideout Hostel Saigon Reviews

281 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Best place to stay in Ho Chi Minh! Great location, large clean dorm rooms and nice bathrooms. You can arrange everything through the helpful friendly staff to make it easier. Plus free breakfast, free beers and wifi!

• 27th Feb 2015

Bad wifi, but nice shower and great place to meet other backpackers

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Great staff, lots to do at the bar next door, although the guy who run the events was a little bit too pushy on some occasions. The dorms are big and light with a balcony. It's a really nice hostel.

Very Good hostel! 2 beers for free in the evening and extra atmosphere.

Great Wifi, staff was nice, common area was a bit cramped but the bar next door is great! Great free breakfast, wasn't a huge fan of sharing one bathroom with a large doom room- waiting to use the toilet is a bit annoying if someone is taking a shower. Worth staying for the fun crowd of meeting people at the bar though. Would untimately stay here again

This place has a great vibe and you wouldn't leave with at least a few great stories. The staff is amazing!

Great hostel but the dorms were too small and the breakfast was the worst I've had in vietnam. Staff were a bit rude but the bar next door was ideal

Great atmosphere with free drinks every night, great place to meet new people with the different events. Breakfast is reasonable with how much you pay for a night. Perfect location with everything within 15 minutes maximum, plus a lot of good street food around. Negative is that had no hot water for showers and pillows were not great but overall enjoyed my stay

It's a very nice place to stay, just don't book your tours and tickets here. The street is full of travel agencies and you'll be paying 50% more if you book through the hostel. Breakfast is very basic, but everything else is OK. Good vibe, super clean, nice location.

I had a lot of fun at this hostel. It's really easy to meet people. Great location and busy, fun bar downstairs. I'd stay here again.

Fine place to stay, a bit stuffy and the lockers don't really work.

The place is quite new and clean, staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar next door was nice to meet new people. Only cons are wifi dropping all the time, only cold water in the shower and AC too weak (temperature pre-set by reception = room warm)

The staff are happy to help you and the rooms are clean. It is definitely a party atmosphere but it is possible to still catch up on sleep if you need to do so. I did a pub crawl and it was a lot of fun!

Hideout hostel was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, it was a fine place to stay but a few things didn't quite make the stay a pleasant one. Firstly, the showers were cold all day round. Secondly, our room's door wouldn't shut properly and was always open. Thirdly, our bathroom had no soap and regularly ran out of toilet paper. Fourthly, wifi kept dropping out for an hour or two. Maybe I had high expectations? But it definitely doesn't deserve the 90% rating it had when I booked.

A really fun hostel to stay in! Lots of travellers. The rooms are really clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff are so helpful and their English is excellent. They have a bar beside the hostel, where you get two free beers between 7 and 8pm. There is always something on, like pub crawls or pub quizzes.

great location, friendly and helpful staff. breakfast is not great but there is more than enough places to go in the same street

Hostel was good with friendly people also very helpfull good wifi

• 9th Feb 2015

Initially booked for 2 nights at this amazing establishment, but as soon as those 2 free beers went down I knew I was in love. The hostel staff are super friendly and helpful. Darcy is the man! He runs some pretty awesome nights out at the bar next door. They helped us book tours and busses out of saigon. This place was amazing! Thank you sooooo much! I wish I could of stayed "1 MORE NIGHT!! 1 MORE NIGHT!" The night I left was one of the saddest days of my life! Hahaha

I stayed 4 nights and never had hot water for shower. Also WiFi almost never worked, if you have any bookings, work etc to do it is best to just go for a beer or food somewhere with free Wi-Fi, waiting for the spotty WiFi at the Hideout is a waste of time.

Overall I had a great 2 nights here! I'm travelling alone and met people as soon as I put my bags down in my room and went out straight away. Wasnt a bin in the room so floor was getting messy and the bathroom bin wasnt changed which is annoying coz its dirty paper! But apart from that it was great. Get your own plug and light and there's a down stairs WC/shower you can use after you check out if you have a late bus. Very helpful staff with good English. Highly Recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7