The Hideout Hostel Reviews

Dykegate st ,Dingle, Co Kerry, Dingle, Ireland

I didn't stay there. therei didn't make my flight. I was flying standby.

• 27th Aug 2015

It was my 2nd stay at this hostel and I enjoyed it again. It is very cosy and they have a nice common room. Breakfast is really good for a hostel with toast, müesli, yoghurt and tea. It is very central but quiet at night. The town of Dingle is one of the best places I stayed during my trip of Ireland. I travelled on my own and one of the volunteers who worked at the hostel went out with me to the pubs which was very nice of her. I really can recommend this hostel.

I stayed at the hostel two nights in a private room ensuite. It was small but very clean, the problem was the door of the toilet ensuite which didn't close. We called the boy at the reception and he tried to fix it, but after a short time it was wrong again. It was very annoying because when one of us had to go to the toilet, the other one had to leave the room...

We would not stay here again. The mattresses on the bunks protruded badly which meant little sleep. The wi-fi was hopeless! The shared room for four was very small. The curtains were very thin which meant the street lamps shone right onto one's face on the bunk. Fellow travellers very pleasant but the hostel needs to upgrade it's internet, change its curtains and replace all the bunk mattresses!

Cute and homey place, staff is very friendly, located in a great spot between the waterfront and the main restaurant/bar area. Highly recommend!

Nice place! Quiet and probably good for families. Super close to a good bike rental place.

many thanks for a great stay, highly recommended

• 26th Jul 2015

Thank you so much for the lovely hospitality. The hostel had such a homey feel to it. It does not even feel like you are in a hostel, more like a bed and breakfast. The gentleman working was great at providing recommendations for dinner. We went to the Marina Inn and it was honestly one of the best meals I had on my entire trip. Thank you for everything. We will be back again!

• 15th Jul 2015

small cosy hostel BUT: I had only cold water in the shower and an old uncomfortable mattress.

Cheap, cheerful but basic. Lovely, helpful girl on reception. Would stay again, although there wasn't really a buzz about the place. Probably not somewhere you'd meet new friends etc.

Decent private ensuites, well located, would recommend to stay here for sure.

Thanks so much for everything. Your hostel was amazing and Margaret was the perfect host. Sincerely, Kyland and Lauren

• 20th Jun 2015

Maybe the breakfast could be better, but all the other things very well.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Pros: nice, relaxed ambiance, very well located. Cons: no locker storage for belongings, the person working at the front desk didn't give us very good instructions on where to park and we ended up getting ticketed for parking in a no-parking area

There was a wardrobe in your room.If you have valuables we have secure storage downstairs and you are going to get a ticket, if you park on double yellow lines!

Great craic! A kitchen that feels like a household kitchen and a living room that makes you feel at home. It's very laid back and a great place to meet people. The rooms were cheap and fair and it is minutes away from the best grocery store (value wise and selection wise) that we found in all of Ireland. Would definitely recommend.

Nice place overall, in an excellent location. Good common areas (lounge + dining room away from the kitchen), very nice staff. Would benefit from a general overhaul and cleanup. Squeaky beds and no lockers in dorms!

Very pleasant atmosphere, friendly, clean and well run.

• 10th Jun 2015

Very friendly and warm atmosphere. The location was perfect and we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. Located in the heart of town. Breakfast was very nice and the kitchen was well supplied and large. It was always clean. We enjoyed the quaint patio out front for afternoon coffee. Excellent t stay.

Nice place. A bit more of a guest house vibe which was fine with us. The best budget option in Dingle town.

No clear fire safety procedures.

• 31st May 2015