The Hideout Hostel Reviews

Dykegate st ,Dingle, Co Kerry, Dingle, Ireland

Very clean and cozy rooms, the staff was also extremely helpful and worked hard to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

We had a great experience with this hostel! It was in the perfect location and pretty easy to find with GPS. We felt very safe there. It was great having our own room and bathroom. Both were very clean and they provided towels! I would recommend staying here.

Sliding door of ensuite bathroom did not close properly in female dorm, therefore no privacy.

Apologies about the door not closing and thank you for bringing it to our attention. The problem has now being rectified.

More of a bed&breakfast feel than a hostel, but in all good ways. I booked a bed in a dormitory and much to my surprise was given a private double room upon arrival. Everything was very clean and there's a nice area with couches snd a fireplace for when you come back from the cold rain.

It was dirty, rooms very very small to share with 4 person. Beds really old, horrible. There was no milk for the breakfast. And the staff rude. So very expensive .

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Originally you booked for 4 nights&3 people You cancelled 2 nights and changed your reservation from 3 to 2 people YouPaid a deposit/booking fee of €28 toHostelworld If you don't take out deposit insurance with Hostelworld you don't get a refund fromHostelworld Our reviews are consistent people who stayed at the Hostel during your stay gave us excellent reviews on airbnb and there was nothing but positive comments about staff cleanness etc written in ourGuest book your review is disingenuous

Good hostel, central location and a homely feel. Secure but would suggest the introduction of secure lockers in the rooms.

The staff, location and atmosphere are superb here. It's right in the center of Dingle- pubs, shops, food, the harbor...and the hostel atmosphere is so inviting. The fire was lit in the lounge during a cold night and lots of other travelers just chilled and talked. It's a great place if you're looking to meet new people and want a fun Dingle experience!! I would absolutely come back here. 100% recommend.

• 30th Mar 2015

I absolutely loved the Hideout Hostel. I spent 3 nights there, and was the greatest hostel experience I've had to date. The atmosphere was welcoming, friendly and warm. The owner was courteous and friendly as well, often stopping to talk with the multitude of guests. The rooms were clean and had space for our things, along with locks to secure the room. The location was great, a 2 minute walk from the Harbour, shops, and numerous pubs. bottom line: I will stay here on every trip to Dingle!

Great stay. Keep up the good work. Hope you've a busy few months ahead!

This place is awesome! It's super easy to find, right in the heart of Dingle, and the staff were beyond welcoming. I stayed for 5 days and could have stayed much longer!

This was a perfect location for me. I parked my car just a couple of doors down from the hostel and left it there while I spent a great day and night in Dingle. I could walk in either direction to get to the busy parts of the town. Up the hill to the main street with plenty of pubs, banks and shopping and then down the hill toward the water front with more pubs, groceries, restaurants, internet cafe ( which was awesome!)

Very well, run, excellent staff, great breakfast and perfect location. Lounge room is a nice space and invites mingling between guests.

The owner Michael is extremely accommodating and runs a great hostel. I was very well taken care of. Only way it could have been better is if I got to see what it was like with a bunch of people. It was a quiet place when I was there (visited in late February), not many other tenants than myself.

The Hideout Hostel is a very cute and cozy place to stay in Dingle. The owner is a very friendly and open person who really cares individually for every of his guests. My boyfriend and me for example booked three nights in two different room and were therefore upgraded for the entire length of our stay to a double room. Thanks again! The hostel is located near the harbor, close to a cinema as well as all shops required. It is furnished and decorated homely and is a great starting point for hikes

Comfy beds and good shower

• 13th Feb 2015

Enjoyed our stay. Warm, cosy, plenty of hot water for showers.

• 5th Feb 2015