The Hideout Hostel Reviews

Dykegate st ,Dingle, Co Kerry, Dingle, Ireland

This is my sixth hostel on my month-long trip and hands down the best. It's much more cozy and home-like, and they greet you at the front door, giving a small tour and offering suggestions for nearby restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. They were incredibly sweet and genuinely wanted me to enjoy my stay. You don't find that personal touch in very many hostels. Comfortable rooms, inviting common area with lovely fireplace, accessibly kitchen with updated appliances, and great location!

• 10th Apr 2014

Of all the hostels I've stayed in, this one was the best. The young man who runs it was wonderful and the facility was homey and warm. I'd stay there again and again and again.

Stayed here with my boyfriend and parents and we loved it. Definitely the best place we stayed our entire trip in Ireland. The rooms were clean and warm. The lounge was cozy with a fire place and the kitchen was large and organized. The manager was incredibly friendly, helpful, informative and available. Without his advice, we wouldn't have heard the amazing Irish music at one of Dingle's pubs and wouldn't have stopped in Doolin, another highlight of our trip.

• 8th Apr 2014

Lovely little hostel run by a great people! Michael gave me some helpful recommendations on things to do while in Dingle and even gave me a ride out to a great hiking spot. Very homey, clean, and quiet place.

Staff very kind and funny; a quite hostel

Fantastic hostel! Truly a gem! It was clean and well kept, the owner extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful, and I couldn't have enjoyed my stay more! If I ever make it back to Dingle, I will definitely stay here again!

This is a fantastic hostel to stay in, cosy, friendly and most of all spotlessly clean. I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. Looking forward to staying again.

Great location and hostel. The water was cold...

This is a lovely hostel located between the main street and waterfront in Dingle. The staff were friendly and accomidating. Kitchen, dining room, sitting room with fireplace, bedroom, and bathroom were all clean and up to date. Had a wonderful stay!

Very clean room and facilities, no coat hangers or clothes shelves or any furniture in the room apart from beds so had to put everything on the floor. Also not a hostel atmosphere, just a location to spend the night and have a shower. Superbly clean, I give them that! Was a good break between friendly but a bit messy hostels we stayed before and after so if you want to relax in a nice room - I recommend it!

We loved our stay in the hostel ! Nice bedroom, nice sitting-room with a fire place, and really good location ! We definitely recommend it !

This hostel was wonderful. We felt very safe, and there was a homey atmosphere. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

Stayed here for two nights during early February 2014. The staff was great and very helpful about locations in the area, directions, and any other questions we had. The hostel itself was really nice. While we were the the were undergoing massive renovations and the walls were being repainted but it will look great when it is all finished and I would recommend both the town of Dingle and the Hideout Hostel to anyone coming through the area.

The Hideout was a big contributing factor to my memorable experience in Dingle. Michael, the owner, is the man! Immediately upon arrival he briefed me on the good pubs and recommended I rent a bike and ride around the peninsula because the weather was good. I did so in a heartbeat and had a blast. I befriended a fellow traveller at the hideout and we hit the pubs which were nice and cozy with their coal fires. I went during the winter season and found the calmness extremely refreshing.

Best hostel I have stayed in while travelling Ireland on and off for 3 months. We had a twin private ensuite and it was hotel quality, maybe better considering there was a bathtub in the spacious ensuite. Atmosphere was amazing, Michael was so helpful with what we should do around town and the whole building truly felt like a home. The room was clean, included a wardrobe, and even a heater for those cold nights. I would live in this hostel if I could!

Great hostel and very friendly staff! Felt like home :)

• 29th Jan 2014

I had a lovely time at the Hideout! The gentleman there was very friendly and helpful. He helped me to plan my day and suggested the movie across the street that I would have paid no attention to otherwise. I had a great stay and plan to return in the summer!

Great hostel! Perfect location, just a few minutes from the pier and the bus stop. They have a very well equipped kitchen, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is also great, very kind and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

Cute little hostel, well located. Kitchen was good and well equiped, fire room was nice and cosy. My room was a bit small, there was only one other girl, so not a huge deal, but had all four beds been full we'd have been tripping over each other.

Very comfortable bed, nice equipped kitchen with everything you need, friendly staff (gave us good recommandation on what to do - thank you!) - all in all one of the best hostels we stayed at in Ireland! Maybe there could have been some hooks in the bedroom for clothes and jackets.