The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Really cool hostel! Great location, within walking distance to Las Rambles, also a short metro distance from the Guell Park which was easy to get to. It was great to be able to walk pretty much to all the places we wanted to visit. The hostel was clean and offered advice on places to visit, best way to purchase tickets and restaurant recommendations. We had a great stay and I would recommend to anyone going to Barcelona!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Upon arrival i got a map and all the very usefull informations about the city and restaurants. The hostel is nicely decorated, its very clean and comfortable. Really recomend this place :)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice and authentic area of town with plenty of nice restaurants and bars. Close to the centre but not too busy, nice common areas, really friendly staff. My time there was awesome, thanks!

• 20th Jul 2014

I really liked the place. Easy to meet new people and a cool atmosphere. I enjoyed the terrace - very good for warm days. And the vending machine close to my room was to die for when I was sick.....

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel nice, good location and it is near a metro station. It is just a few streets over from the main roads, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful, the facilities are maintained in good conditions. Would definitely recommend!

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is in a great location, a few meters of the Batllo House and La Rambla street. Rooms are great with AC and good beds, breakfast is also good. A little expensive.

Rooms are hot and stuffy, there is never enough toilet paper, there is mold growing in the shower stalls of the female shower room, not all the shower heads work properly, visible water damage to floorboards and walls, no soap on my floor for a whole day, not enough power plugs in an 8 bedroom room (1 plug visible, the other two behind a bunk bed), fruit flies visible in kitchen area, poor organization of bed assignment (we were told to just choose another bed if our assigned bed was occupied)

• 15th Jul 2014

The Hipstel was anything but hip. The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Staff were unfriendly except Nadia. The bathroom facilities were disgusting! It would always smell and the showers were constantly flooded on the first floor. My girlfriend and I were in room 104 and when we arrived, someone was using our beds. This hostel did a terrible job assigning beds. We also had no acces to our terrace. We hated our stay at The Hipstel and would definitely never go back, ever.

Shockingly dirty, and for what this place charges, they could at least keep the soap dispensers in the bathrooms filled- but they were empty my whole stay. All of them. Kitchen dish "soap" was rubbing alcohol! Cleaning staff seemed to be only one person, compared to similar capacity hostels I've stayed at which had three, minimum. Breakfasts were pathetically meagre. Cost-cutting at it's worst.

• 13th Jul 2014

For its absurd price, I expected better breakfast and drinks. Juice is undrinkable and there is only bread and some coldcuts for it. Despite that, staff is actually really nice and the place is pretty. Rooms are fine and clean, only the bathroom is not very well located in the middle of the lounge where people stick around. Missed some more incentive from the staff to get travelers to know each other (activities and such)

bathrooms: 1 stall w/ burnt out light other stall w/out toilet paper NO soap for 4days. female showers: 1stall you had to hold the shower head because there was no hook to hold it up this was like this for the whole stay. cleaned by men & women but noone ever knocked had a guy come in& clean while I was in the shower twice! rooms: idea of cleaning was coming in to sweep- thats it. staff: very unhelpful. asked for directions several times always got a 'nope, nah, uhhhhh no'- this was daily.

• 11th Jul 2014

There was never soap or toilet paper and most of the showers were broken. You can hear everything in every room so you do not sleep. The breakfast is sad. The decor is cool though and the location is perfect. Some staff did not know where anything was and barely spoke English. The larger dorms are very cramped but the 6 bed ones are fine for space.

Not very clean, too few toilets and showers for each floor but the location is excellent. People there seemed a bit full of themselfs So the atmosphere was a bit strange but maybe we just ran into a strange group dynamic.

Best hostel so far. The only thing is the wifi is not stable. The locality and the staff are perfect!!!!

On arrival I recieved a warm welcome, big smiles and some information about the hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The room was tidy, clean and faced the main street (which I liked), the bunk beds are comfortable. The hostel has a really good atmosphere, and many ways someone can entertain themselves if they choose to stay inside,Had a great stay.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

excellent location can walk to the main sites and the ramblas, safe area. small kitchen and disappointing breakfast. Never a queue for shower or toilets but they were a bit dingy. Beds decent and linen included

The plants are dead in the TV room. It smells like death and cow manure in there. The staff was stale and were not warm/welcoming. I was blessed to meet wonderful travelers in the common areas. Wifi does not work in rooms. The terrace/balcony in my room was lovely. It rained on my last day. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. Bathrooms are questionable. They really need new flowers in the TV room.

My bank card wouldn't let me pull out cash from the teller machine, and the staff here were extremely helpful and gave me all the assistance needed, it was great!

The hostel was in a very convenient location but I had some issues with the hostel itself. All of the staff that I spoke with during my stay was very poorly trained. My credit card had to be swiped multiple times due to mistakes on their part, they were uneducated with several questions my friends and I had and failed to show us the female only bathroom when we got there (Led to an awkward shower in the unlabeled mens restroom). Very little space in the room & super loud doors.

Excelent location in a beautiful bohemian building but not very clean. Staff too young and not prepared to manage with guests, probably because they have not enough experience as they are ex-guest and they are working just to stay in Barcelona for a while.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7