The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

It is a great place to stay, I was expecting much more about this hostel. I didn't feel a realy hostel athmosphere. The staff it isn't bad, just average. Is really strange that anyone form the hostel speaks spanish, I do speak english, but come on! is spain you should speak spanish if you work in a hostel located in Spain. It's a clean hostel, really tidy, the terrace is really cool. Free coffee. But the breakfast? 2 euro for a salide of bread and jam? 7 out of 10!

It really is an excellent hostel with a big relaxed communal area. Nice kitchen and free coffee. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful (particularly the manager). My only criticism is that when I went to return after visiting other areas of Spain they wanted to charge me €30 foe just one night in a 6 bed dorm. The justification being that it was the last bed available. It's 3 times the normal price. Needless to say I went elsewhere.

Me and my friend absolutely loved the Hipstel, I think the only criticism we could offer is about the coffee, which was not great. Wonderful staff.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Hungary

The Hipstel is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Clean, bright, friendly staff, cheap, food served for breakfast and dinner was of a good quality (although the paella was a bit too salty for my taste). Overall it was excellent, I had a great stay in Barcelona and that was in no small part because of the Hipstel. Oh and also the walking tour guy that came round, Colin, was excellent!

They need proper cooking pots and frying pans. Basically kitchen needs attention. The spunge was very old. Its a lovely place but kitchen is bery poor for such a big hostel. S

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

L'hostel est très bien situé proche des stations de métro, la déco est super, l’accueil et le personnel très agréable, j ai été également très agréablement surprise par les chambres. l'hostel est très sympa

• 8th Apr 2014

The wifi was spotty, but they fixed it for us. Enjoyed my time.

The staff were really friendly, rooms were really clean as were the toilets and showers which is a massive thing when it comes to hostels. Definitely stay here again as the location was fab! Highly recommend

• 7th Apr 2014

The building is as good as a hotel. But WiFi doesnot work well and there is no socket for every guest to charge battery.

Fairly close to main city area - roughly 5-10min walk. Also close to metro. Staff were really nice.

The hostel is in a great location - walking distance to pretty much everything and the prices were reasonable. However, I found it one of the noisier hostels that I've stayed in. The people that were staying there would slam doors, talk loudly at all hours of the night without respect to others who were sleeping. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this was the first time I couldn't sleep through the night. I'd also tell future travelers to request a room away from the bathrooms.

really nice place to stay, fantastic location, great breakfast and walking distance from everywhere. Deffinitely would come back again!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Where I'm from Hipster is an insult, but they seem to embrace antique cameras, indie folk, handlebar mustaches, and snobbery. Good free breakfast. Small lockers. Cheap springy mattresses. "Hip" Decor. I would stay there again.

A really nice hostel, a bit noisy in the common areas, but not so much in the rooms. It has a really nice style and the staff are pretty helpful.

nice place, could have stayed for weeks

The location is really good , close to the casa batllo and easy to go anywhere. The staff is very nice and friendly.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Fantastic location. Literally within walking distance of everything. We purchased transportation cards and only used them twice! The staff was very friendly and helpfully offering advice on what to see and how to get around. Thanks so much guys!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Swaziland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks you so much for the warmly welcome with the careful assistance and the entirely enthusiasm. The location is great, very easy to find and closed to everywhere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 18th Mar 2014

The location is pretty decent, right in the middle of the main attractions. Overall nice and decent value. The staff was friendly and helpfull!

• 11th Mar 2014

Quite a nice hostel, though would be better if they fixed the sliding door in the dorm i was staying as it made too much noise at night. Other than that, good facilities, friendly staff, good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4