The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

No atmosphere whatsoever. Staff were not helpful, very rude. Would not stay again. On last night air conditioning stopped working.

A hostel with strong focus on young adults/youths. Good value for the money when it comes to location and breakfast, but due to the strong focus on youths I felt a little malplaced. Cleanliness ok, but toilets and showers need renovation. Staff was ok, but they only did what was really necessary.

The staff didn't seem to know a lot about the area, and they weren't very friendly at all. My room had a really noisy sliding door that woke everyone up in the night. I didn't really like the atmosphere, there is an optional dinner which was a basic pasta that wasn't very nice/nutritious and yet cost 5€. My bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever had from a hostel...my ribs actually hurt the next day from all the lumps that had been digging into me! On the bright side the location is good!

pretty loud place but friendly. two toilets per floor. kind of far from la ramblas. very far from the beach ( an hour walk away), but overall a good place to stay

Great, sunny vibe at the hostel! As soon as I walked in for breakfast, I was instantly able to make friends. It's a great place for solo travellers to meet other people. It's walkable from many sites in Barcelona and just around the corner from a metro if you need it. Breakfast is included and there's a working kitchen as well. Cans of beer are sold in the vending machine which is really fun!

Very nice environement, excelent personel, the dorm was ok, and the private room excelent. A little noisy though. The location is perfect, one block from the 'Carrer Passeig de Gracia".

• 28th Jul 2014

The room and bed is clean and very comfortable.The staff is exceptionaly helpful. It has a nice kitchen and it's located in a pleasant neighbourhood.I would go back again and recommend this to anyone visiting Barcelona.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel for the price. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is very central but not too noisy. Breakfast was a little limited.

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel itself was really cute the staff were so friendly and welcoming! The breakfast in the morning was free and had a wide selection. The hostel activities were awesome, I've met so many people and perfect for lone travellers!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Really cool hostel! Great location, within walking distance to Las Rambles, also a short metro distance from the Guell Park which was easy to get to. It was great to be able to walk pretty much to all the places we wanted to visit. The hostel was clean and offered advice on places to visit, best way to purchase tickets and restaurant recommendations. We had a great stay and I would recommend to anyone going to Barcelona!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Upon arrival i got a map and all the very usefull informations about the city and restaurants. The hostel is nicely decorated, its very clean and comfortable. Really recomend this place :)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very nice and authentic area of town with plenty of nice restaurants and bars. Close to the centre but not too busy, nice common areas, really friendly staff. My time there was awesome, thanks!

• 20th Jul 2014

The bathrooms were somewhat inconvenient when taking a shower on the first floor. Everything else was great; the staff was amazing, common room was huge, and kitchen more than adequate. This hostel had a great location only minutes from the Old Town area and a small walk from the beaches. Definitely recommend

I really liked the place. Easy to meet new people and a cool atmosphere. I enjoyed the terrace - very good for warm days. And the vending machine close to my room was to die for when I was sick.....

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel nice, good location and it is near a metro station. It is just a few streets over from the main roads, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful, the facilities are maintained in good conditions. Would definitely recommend!

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is in a great location, a few meters of the Batllo House and La Rambla street. Rooms are great with AC and good beds, breakfast is also good. A little expensive.

Rooms are hot and stuffy, there is never enough toilet paper, there is mold growing in the shower stalls of the female shower room, not all the shower heads work properly, visible water damage to floorboards and walls, no soap on my floor for a whole day, not enough power plugs in an 8 bedroom room (1 plug visible, the other two behind a bunk bed), fruit flies visible in kitchen area, poor organization of bed assignment (we were told to just choose another bed if our assigned bed was occupied)

• 15th Jul 2014

The Hipstel was anything but hip. The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Staff were unfriendly except Nadia. The bathroom facilities were disgusting! It would always smell and the showers were constantly flooded on the first floor. My girlfriend and I were in room 104 and when we arrived, someone was using our beds. This hostel did a terrible job assigning beds. We also had no acces to our terrace. We hated our stay at The Hipstel and would definitely never go back, ever.

Shockingly dirty, and for what this place charges, they could at least keep the soap dispensers in the bathrooms filled- but they were empty my whole stay. All of them. Kitchen dish "soap" was rubbing alcohol! Cleaning staff seemed to be only one person, compared to similar capacity hostels I've stayed at which had three, minimum. Breakfasts were pathetically meagre. Cost-cutting at it's worst.

• 13th Jul 2014

For its absurd price, I expected better breakfast and drinks. Juice is undrinkable and there is only bread and some coldcuts for it. Despite that, staff is actually really nice and the place is pretty. Rooms are fine and clean, only the bathroom is not very well located in the middle of the lounge where people stick around. Missed some more incentive from the staff to get travelers to know each other (activities and such)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7