The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Very friendly atmosphere, good to meet other travelers. Good location between the Gaudi museum and the attractions by the beach. And free coffee :)

• 24th Mar 2015

Chill vibe, free caffeine and sun for days. The hostel crew got us all out bar-hopping on our first night and introduced us to the Barcelona scene. A little out of the way but would definitely go back.

• 24th Mar 2015

Location is great, and the staff are really lovely and helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

Friendly and helpful reception staff, very clean. The hostel is walking distance from practically everywhere of interest in Barcelona!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

I was in barcelona for one week and couldn't recommend the Hipstel more. There was a beautiful atmosphere there of openess between guests and staff (we went on two nights out with the staff, great craic!). The location is superb, walking distance to most and super close to a metro. The rooms were safe, the water was warm, the internet was adequate, THE FREE COFFEE OMG. I will definitely be back and I will definitely return to the Hipstel. Thanks for everything, guys!

• 9th Mar 2015

Good, but the atmosphere not so good, because after 23h30 it is not allowed to stay in the social areas.

The only good this about this hostel is the location. Other than that the staff is extremely disorganized. The checkin process was very awkward, the showers and bathrooms as well. It seemed like all the guests were experiencing some sort of problem or discomfort with this hostel. Constriction began during my stay there but there was no communication about it. I found my floor half closed and no access to the showers. All the guests had to share on shower.

Well located within BCN+ good price! Social WIFI is for free+very slow- the Computer for charge is really expensive! (5 min 50Cents) There are lockers in every room- bring your own lock! ;-) (In some rooms there are not too many working ones left, +the capacity of these lockers is not overwhelming...) Bed sheets are clean, bath rooms also (depending on the other guest's behaviour!) The noise policy is really strange: loud music until midnight,but no talks until 8AM and locked common room!! :-(

• 4th Mar 2015

After staying here in a large group for over 5 days, we were all switched around rooms at the last minute. Horrible communication skills between customers and employees. While waiting in line to complain to manager, 2 others were ahead of me with complaints as well. Woke up in the middle of the night (around 3:30am) and the "security" was asleep at the front desk... Wifi is absolutely horrible and breakfast of fruit and bread costs €3 per morning..... The atmosphere was great but nothing else

• 3rd Mar 2015

This was an absolutely awful stay. The staff has no idea what they're doing nor do they care. One of my friends stuff was moved out of his room and put into trash bags without his knowledge while he was gone because they wanted to make room for someone else. And 5 nights into our stay we were forced out of our room and made to check out and check back in the next day, having to switch rooms with no warning. Leaving our belongings in a closet for hours. The pillows are filthy. The management rude

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very nice and clean hostel! 6dorm female was very spacious (room 205) location is perfect, near the subwaystation and within walking distance from most of the tourist attractions like Sagrada Familia and La Rambla. Beach is only 2/3 stops away with the metro. The only bad thing is the WiFi, this was awfull! Please next time it must be better! I had to buy my own internet:( the staff is very friendly especially Loo, thankyou for everything and for taking me to the salsaclubs! I'll come back soon!

The room arent cleaned at all and shower without any liquids without hot water all the time .. Really it is the worstvhostel i have been till now .. Soory fir that but this for develop it

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Egypt

Very friendly and accommodating. They had a great pub crawl on the Saturday night, and they let us leave our bags at the Hostel after checking-out on Sunday. Would recommend!

• 20th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Friendly and helpful reception staff, very clean, great breakfast. The hostel is walking distance from practically everywhere of interest in Barcelona, and if you're not into walking it's right by the metro station

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Slovakia

The location is almost perfect. The space is very cosy and comfortable. The staff is nice and helpful.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Finland

this hostel was good. but i was shocked that I need to pay 3 euro for a simple breakfast (which I thought I'll be getting it for free!). even other backpackers were shocked too. anyway, the receptionist was polite enough to say sorry for the misunderstanding. but the 3 euro breakfast is not satisfying. basically all i ate was cereals, boiled egg, bread and jams and milk. all others are unnecessary and waste of money.

I don't like the fee charged for the lock, it should be free.

Staff were excellent, very friendly and with great recommendations. Room, kitchen, shared washrooms were all very clean. Hostel is within walking distance to much of the city, however there is a transit stop very close by. Nearby grocery stores also. Very safe and secure hostel and area in general.

• 28th Jan 2015

I loved the location of this hostel. Staff were very helpful. The rooms were comfortable. And it is great value for money, I only paid 6.90 per night which is a bargain. Highly recommended. A couple of things this hostel has to look into are: 1. Bathrooms could use a little bit of work, althought they were acceptable, some repairs are in order. 2. Guests cannot cook in the kitchen. Travelers on a budget who stay for a number of days may want to cook their meals some times to avoid high costs.

It was really good. I'm going to visit here again if i visit Barcelona again. I strongly recommend this hostel :)

• 25th Jan 2015