The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was in an amazing location, very close to the catalunya square. It was clean and the staff were great at helping us with whatever we needed. thanks guys!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

This is a total party hostel. They gear to youth who want to sightsee and party. Easy to meet people as a solo, somewhat quiet traveler. Three faculty was mostly new and didn't quite know what they were doing Or how to get around the area. I only stayed there one night.

Great location, great guests, awesome staff ! Everyone was really cool and friendly would definitely recommend it!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Dominican Republic
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hipstel. Lovely informed staff. It's a great place to socialize and meet people. Stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm and everyone in the room was very respectful of one another. Never had to wait for the showers. Wifi was very reliable! We would definitely recommend!! If we ever come back to Barcelona, the Hipstel will be our first choice!

This was a great place to stay for the night. The hostel was very clean, wifi worked, they have lockers, nice atmosphere and very helpful staff!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Cyprus
  • All Male Group, 18-24

For the money we paid, we were slightly disappointed. Wasn't massively clean, facilities were a little run down, especially the shower. But renovations were clearly happening, and will be fantastic once complete. Staff were awesome, top lads and a good laugh! Breakfast isn't worth paying for, but dinners were fantastic - cheap and a lot of food! Bar crawls are worth paying for, and the location is brilliant, easy to find when stumbling back in the morning!

The hostel is well located, very pretty and clean and the people there were very helpful and friendly. Our room had a very big bathroom.

• 21st Jul 2015

Great, central location & clean rooms/bathrooms. Only cubby lockers,not under the bed. Power went out a few times&so did AC but they fixed it promptly after you ask them. Annoying that you can't cook & staff seemed unenthusiastic about working there. Wifi good except after pwr outage. Could probs find cheaper in same location w/better facilities.

I stayed 3 nights there and on the first day I noticed all the showers we're cold. I went to the recepction and they said that at night there was nothing they could do to fix it. So I hoped that the next day they would fix it but the same thing happened again. I went to the reception and there was another guy who didn't know about the problem. The third day I gave up asking and the next morning I left the water was finally warm. The hostel is really good and well located but that was not nice.

Loved this hostel. The location is great only 5 minutes walk from the city centre. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would stay there again!

• 20th Jul 2015

Greta place. Love the location very near to Gaudi buildings.Staff was very Friendly & Helpful.

• 19th Jul 2015

A lot of little things added up: - My room was very hot at night - It took a long time for me to check in - It was loud at night and seemed like they were constantly rearranging people

Het personeel is erg vriendelijk en behulpzaam. Alles is mooi schoon en ik heb echt genoten van het verblijf hier in het algemeen. Ik beveel deze plek als u op zoek bent naar een goedkoop, schoon en vriendelijke plek om te verblijven in Barcelona.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

My stay there was very short, but I liked this hostel, everything was really good. The hostel is located in the very central area, it took me around 15 minutes to walk there from Placa de Cataluna. It's really easy to find using the directions provided. The staff was nice and the hostel is clean, with nice interior and good kitchen. There was also vending machine with drinks in the hallway. The room itself was alright, not really spacious, but still it's ok; for the price I paid it was just fine

The staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay and gave us fantastic advice on what to explore and events going on nearby, Thanks guys!

• 15th Jul 2015

Świetna lokalizacja, personel bardzo miły -bardzo fajna sala do zabawy i wypoczynku, - fajna atmosfera

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

It is a great place for to stay at Barcelona. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The location is super easy to find and get around from. The people I met during my stay were very friendly, I can definately recommend this place.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Cyprus

Amazing place, the friendly staff organized some hostel outings, which were really great for making friends with the other hostel-goers while seeing an interesting attraction. The location is close to a metro station and the Catalunya square . The whole hostel felt really homey and comfortable, I had a really enjoyable time there!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

I was disappointed with my stay at the hostel. For the money you pay to stay there, the experience wasn't worth it. The bunks are so low that you can't even sit on the bed. The air conditioning didn't work in the room even though I choose hostels that have that feature very much on purpose. I alerted the staff to the issue twice and it was never checked on. My key card repeatedly stopped working even when I followed all instructions. To say it was average at best is all I can contribute.

The air conditioning does not work, the manager was rude to his customers and his employees, they overcharge for tourist tickets, electricity went out, construction with load noises and lots of debree, the beds are more like a spring box than a mattress, the lounge area closes very early even though there is a 24 hour desk service,

• 10th Jul 2015