The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

The location is very good, however if you don't know the exact address it's kind of difficult to find at first. One shower for the whole floor is probably the biggest weakness. Breakfast for 3€ could be richer. The staff was nice and kind, although sometimes a little bit confused.

The girl at the reception was nice and helpfull, same for the blond guy at the lugage room and a young brown hairs guy who cooked the paella for dinner. We paid for paella and a beerr, the cooker asked for beers to an older man who answered no because drinking alcohol is not allowed in the hostel (lot of people were drinking wine in the living room). The mood seemed strange like people did not want us there.

The staff wants to make sure your stay there is as great as it could be

I stayed here 3 different times while I had to transition into my semester abroad. The staff came to recognize me every time I checked in, and they were always welcoming and helpful. The staff and the atmosphere of this hostel is what makes it so great -- everyone's friendly, cheerful, and looking forward to meeting you and doing something together. The hostel is clean and decently laid-out, with all the facilities that you'd need. I've been recommending it to anyone who asks for a hostel.

Centrally located, the Hipstel made my stay in Barcelona a lot easier and more enjoyable. I walked to most of the places I wanted to see were about a 20 minute walk away, max. I'd recommend staying here because it's in between the Gracia neighborhood and the Gothic Quarter/El Born where I spent most my time. The walls are pretty thin, so a light sleeper may have a problem here. Don't buy the tickets posted on the door because it's cheaper to just buy it at the museum or online.

AMAZING. I didn't encounter any of the other complaints on this forum and it was really good to always see the staff cleaning. Cleanliness is my top priority in a hostel and I think the management of this hostel proves that sufficient staffing results in an excellent and functioning hostel. And to think this place was on €7 per night! Also they have the coolest coffee machine free for guests:) great atmosphere and adorably decorated. Also next to passeig de grassig station: the train to airport

Fun place, nice staff, great location.

The number of bathrooms and the cleanliness could really be improved. Luckily I only stayed 2 nights and just decided not to take a shower.

The drinking games until 2am directly outside our dorm was annoying. The constant smell of weed was too.

Good spot in Barca. Easy going atmosphere.

Had a great stay at the hostel. Really good friendly staff, good vibe of people staying there. Definitely recommended

The very low number of bathrooms for each floor. If you are not lucky with neigbhours it can be possible to ear too much noise at night Other then that friendly staff and the location is excellent many locations only a walk around Good vantage/advantage use of money Would recomend

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Awesome place, spent NYE there, made instant friends with everyone including the staff

Topp sted med hyggelig personale... Vi storkoste oss!

• 28th Dec 2015

Amazing people, very good facilities, excellent location and cheap too. I already did suggested to my friends about Hipstel and many of them already booked their stay here.

Recomiendo sin dudarlo The Hipstel, la calidad del personal es excelente, y las instalaciones muy buenas.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Excellent location, there was great atmosphere, front desk staff was extremely helpful with directions and advice. I liked:)

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Wales

The hostel was cozy and nice the location is in a great neighbourhood. The staff were very friendly and helpful!

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Denmark

Everything was cool, I liked that place and recommend for everyone. Location is awesome!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

It was a great stay! The only thing I didn't like was that in room 103 (I don't know about the other rooms) the back bit is by a really busy street and it's so loud. The first night I didn't sleep much but I got used to it the next two nights! Great atmosphere though and friendly staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6