The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

I really liked the place. Easy to meet new people and a cool atmosphere. I enjoyed the terrace - very good for warm days. And the vending machine close to my room was to die for when I was sick.....

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel nice, good location and it is near a metro station. It is just a few streets over from the main roads, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful, the facilities are maintained in good conditions. Would definitely recommend!

• 16th Jul 2014

bathrooms: 1 stall w/ burnt out light other stall w/out toilet paper NO soap for 4days. female showers: 1stall you had to hold the shower head because there was no hook to hold it up this was like this for the whole stay. cleaned by men & women but noone ever knocked had a guy come in& clean while I was in the shower twice! rooms: idea of cleaning was coming in to sweep- thats it. staff: very unhelpful. asked for directions several times always got a 'nope, nah, uhhhhh no'- this was daily.

• 11th Jul 2014

There was never soap or toilet paper and most of the showers were broken. You can hear everything in every room so you do not sleep. The breakfast is sad. The decor is cool though and the location is perfect. Some staff did not know where anything was and barely spoke English. The larger dorms are very cramped but the 6 bed ones are fine for space.

Not very clean, too few toilets and showers for each floor but the location is excellent. People there seemed a bit full of themselfs So the atmosphere was a bit strange but maybe we just ran into a strange group dynamic.

Best hostel so far. The only thing is the wifi is not stable. The locality and the staff are perfect!!!!

On arrival I recieved a warm welcome, big smiles and some information about the hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The room was tidy, clean and faced the main street (which I liked), the bunk beds are comfortable. The hostel has a really good atmosphere, and many ways someone can entertain themselves if they choose to stay inside,Had a great stay.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

excellent location can walk to the main sites and the ramblas, safe area. small kitchen and disappointing breakfast. Never a queue for shower or toilets but they were a bit dingy. Beds decent and linen included

The plants are dead in the TV room. It smells like death and cow manure in there. The staff was stale and were not warm/welcoming. I was blessed to meet wonderful travelers in the common areas. Wifi does not work in rooms. The terrace/balcony in my room was lovely. It rained on my last day. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. Bathrooms are questionable. They really need new flowers in the TV room.

My bank card wouldn't let me pull out cash from the teller machine, and the staff here were extremely helpful and gave me all the assistance needed, it was great!

The hostel was in a very convenient location but I had some issues with the hostel itself. All of the staff that I spoke with during my stay was very poorly trained. My credit card had to be swiped multiple times due to mistakes on their part, they were uneducated with several questions my friends and I had and failed to show us the female only bathroom when we got there (Led to an awkward shower in the unlabeled mens restroom). Very little space in the room & super loud doors.

Excelent location in a beautiful bohemian building but not very clean. Staff too young and not prepared to manage with guests, probably because they have not enough experience as they are ex-guest and they are working just to stay in Barcelona for a while.

very good hostel, good situated so the most stuff everything is in walking distance

The only good thing in this hostel is the location... The toilets are just awfull... So dirty! The breakfast was terrible as well. There was just bread jam butter and coffe. The staff could b better.

Really nice hostel with some lovely communal areas and home cooked dinner every night. The only problem was that the staff were on the whole quite unfriendly and gave us basically no information about the hostel (e.g. they didn't tell us towels were available for hire or that you had to book in for the evening meal) and seemed bemused when we asked them for information about bars etc int he surrounding area. A shame really, as it could have been a really amazing place to stay!

Stayed here for a few nights with a group of friends over a weekend. Rooms were good size and amenities were good. Great big common area on ground floor and very secure. Thanks for the stay!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really great hostel. Fun and chilled out atmosphere, clean and good facilities. And good location right by a metro station and close to restaurants and shops.

• 29th Jun 2014

Fully equipped hostel with nice kitchen and common room to hang out! I really loved this building and staff it felt welcoming. It is in a good location, close to Plaza de Catalunya. Would stay here again!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Greece

This hostel was very below my expectations. We had stayed in a beautiful hostel in Valencia and arrived to this hostel in Barcelona to find it a very disappointing compared to our previous accommodation. Facilities were very poor, particularly the kitchen which was tiny and the crockery and cutlery was basic and often chipped (and gets shut for 2 hours every evening JUST when you are starving hungry!) Wifi is terrible. Bathrooms are very basic and staff clean at stupidly inconvenient times.

I'm not even sure where to begin.... there are so many things wrong with this hostel that I would recommend staying ANYWHERE else. my first impression was with the staff majority of them are rude and ignore people when they come to reception. I understand they are training a couple new people but they leave them unsupervised during peak hours like check out. I stayed in a room on the second floor where the doors to the dorms, showers and toilets all made the loudest screeching noises not to ment

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7