The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

The bathrooms are disgusting! Nobody cleans this place. The female communal bathroom has hair everywhere! But the receptionists are very nice and very helpful. The free walking tour they offer is really great too.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Everything good. However, you could have lockers installed in the lockers rather than selling them. You could charge your customers if they loose the key or something. Also, I don't know about women's restrooms, but men's restroom is sometimes very awkward to use because when you are out of the showers, anybody can see you naked once you are outside of the showers. Additionally, your shower drains need to be flushing. They are usually very clugged. Other than that, you are good.

Everything was good but the internet connection,mate! Still a place to stay,tho.

there were no curtains, I can aacept there are no shutters, but curtains...and it was too noisy, the room was beside the lounge and the terrace, so people stayed awake till late and we couldn't sleep. there should be more floors and the rooms shouldn't be too close to the common areas.

This place has a cheap price per night and is located at very central spot but don't expect luxury. Breakfast not included, and the biggest problem... very, very bad wifi, I essentially could not use the internet for 2 days. If you only need a place to sleep, and meet a few people this works. For a stay longer than 2 nights Casa Gracia is a better option and essentially the same price, as breakfast, towels are free and internet works.

Some issues with roommates who try after-party in the room and just outside the room at 4am (neighbours also came out to ask them to be quiet) but on my last morning I understood why that was as the common area was closed at 7am. I assume it is then closed for a part of the night but if you can't have that area for people to hang out in it would be good for the people who want to sleep if you didn't have the seating areas in front of the rooms as that is where people then continue the fiesta.

It is my second stay here and they improved very much: the common room was warm. The internet was still slow but everything else was perfect

Really nice place, easy to find, breakfast included, pretty clean! A lot of information around, maps. Pretty place and nice staff!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Iceland

Location is near the centre of the town and metro line is only 5 minutes walk. Friendly staff, basic hostel for a good

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Poland

It's an awesome place but the amenities and cleanliness could be better. Besides that, the location is amazing and you're so near of Plaça Catalunya which is the main square at Barcelona.

The location of the hostel is great. Easy to reach from the airport and close to the center and a metro station. As well I liked the atmosphere and the decoration of the hostel.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Nice hostel to stay near to the city centre! Great atmosphere, lovely & fun staff, they've loads of information on alternative touristic options.

• 27th Dec 2014

Nice hostel, great location en friendly staff. The showers didn't work very well and they were not so clean. I liked the dinner + beer for 5 euros, also a great way to meet people!

• 27th Dec 2014

I would definitely stay here again. I really liked it. The breakfast was excellent. The one thing you may like to pass on is that I paid the balance owing for 3 nights in cash. I said I wanted to cancel 2 nights and only stay one. I said should I use my debit card to ensure I get a refund. They said no it was ok to pay by cash. Now I find I have to get a refund via paypal. This has been confusing. I am guessing this is in the fineprint but it has been frustrating and time consuming.

Great hostel in a very cozy neighborhood... Lots of shops, bars, and restaurants around there. The facility is very clean, and the staff is really helpful.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

the bathroom was very dirty when i came, kitchen very small, but the location very good!!!

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

Definitely acceptable for the price, but the staff was the most disappointing aspect. Some were friendly, but I encountered multiple who did not seem in a good mood and made me feel uncomfortable asking questions. Also despite their insistence on speaking to me in English after I tried using my almost-fluent Spanish, either their English was not strong enough, or some staff did not understand the hostel policies-eg this led to me not receiving dinner when I had tried to follow the procedure.

It's definitely good option. It's in the very center of Barcelona. Metro is just couple of steps away. the decoration and atmosphere of the hostel is great!

• 15th Dec 2014

Excellent location and good unexpansive breakfast (3 euros). But Chairs and sofas have to be changed in common area because very unconfortable. At the 1st floor juste 2 showers so we have to wait along time... and no light for the beds in the dorm of 6.

I liked this hostel very much! Gentle staff, good atmosphere. It is also well located close to the Metro and you can also walk to the station to get the train to the airport.

• 11th Dec 2014