The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Fantastic staff, really helpful and accomoding for our needs as we were moving to Barcelona to live! Thank you guys! Tom and Pete.

Great hostel...will stay there again next time I'm in barcelona. Staff is super cool and helpful and the atmosphere is perfect!

• 26th Aug 2014

The girl on reception was a great help when checking in. She advised us on places to eat, all of which were really good places and reasonably priced. This is my first experience of staying in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Greenland

No hot water for entire stay and Internet was very dodgy. Room with sliding door bangs and clatters all night and people go in and out. Half the time left unlocked because it was so difficult to close

A really good hostel, we enjoyed our stay there a lot! Very good staff, good prices, really excellent facilities....good experience...

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very little bathroom facilities and there was no remotely warm water in the showers during my complete stay.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The bathrooms were a bit dirty and at least one shower and one bathroom were put of order while I was there. Note there are only two showers and two bathrooms for the girls per floor. However the atmospher was really social and it is easy to meet people at the Hipstel!

Great location. Right off Las Ramblas to the left and Passeig De Gracia to the right. Close to Metro if you need to use it as well. I liked that they had a kitchen you can use and the dinner for 5€ was quite good. Over all it was average!

Really cool hostel, comfortable and had a good atmosphere.

No atmosphere whatsoever. Staff were not helpful, very rude. Would not stay again. On last night air conditioning stopped working.

A hostel with strong focus on young adults/youths. Good value for the money when it comes to location and breakfast, but due to the strong focus on youths I felt a little malplaced. Cleanliness ok, but toilets and showers need renovation. Staff was ok, but they only did what was really necessary.

The staff didn't seem to know a lot about the area, and they weren't very friendly at all. My room had a really noisy sliding door that woke everyone up in the night. I didn't really like the atmosphere, there is an optional dinner which was a basic pasta that wasn't very nice/nutritious and yet cost 5€. My bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever had from a hostel...my ribs actually hurt the next day from all the lumps that had been digging into me! On the bright side the location is good!

pretty loud place but friendly. two toilets per floor. kind of far from la ramblas. very far from the beach ( an hour walk away), but overall a good place to stay

Great, sunny vibe at the hostel! As soon as I walked in for breakfast, I was instantly able to make friends. It's a great place for solo travellers to meet other people. It's walkable from many sites in Barcelona and just around the corner from a metro if you need it. Breakfast is included and there's a working kitchen as well. Cans of beer are sold in the vending machine which is really fun!

Very nice environement, excelent personel, the dorm was ok, and the private room excelent. A little noisy though. The location is perfect, one block from the 'Carrer Passeig de Gracia".

• 28th Jul 2014

The room and bed is clean and very comfortable.The staff is exceptionaly helpful. It has a nice kitchen and it's located in a pleasant neighbourhood.I would go back again and recommend this to anyone visiting Barcelona.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel for the price. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is very central but not too noisy. Breakfast was a little limited.

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel itself was really cute the staff were so friendly and welcoming! The breakfast in the morning was free and had a wide selection. The hostel activities were awesome, I've met so many people and perfect for lone travellers!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Finland

Really cool hostel! Great location, within walking distance to Las Rambles, also a short metro distance from the Guell Park which was easy to get to. It was great to be able to walk pretty much to all the places we wanted to visit. The hostel was clean and offered advice on places to visit, best way to purchase tickets and restaurant recommendations. We had a great stay and I would recommend to anyone going to Barcelona!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Upon arrival i got a map and all the very usefull informations about the city and restaurants. The hostel is nicely decorated, its very clean and comfortable. Really recomend this place :)

• 22nd Jul 2014