The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

The staff was helpful and nice. Regarding the room - I wish it had a window :) And outside the room there was a vending machine which turned out to be very noisy at night - a major inconvenience for lightsleepers (all the noises from the corridor were heard inside the room). Besides that, the stay was fine.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Over the phone the staff wasn't as friendly or helpful. Once there however, the service was superb. I was very grateful and appreciative for the attention. The rate was too pricey. We felt we were paying a cheap hotel price yet still had to share bathrooms and lacked other hotel benefits.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Honduras

The staff was really friendly and nice. When you check in they help you find attractions to go to. There were also event almost every night. Bed and bathroom were clean as were everything else.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Decent place, good value, however: a locker was provided but you needed to use your own padlock which we didn't have. As soon as we saw that nobody over the age of 40 was allowed to stay at the hostel it stained our opinion of the place; we have met people in hostels over the age of 40 who have been more "hip" than many young people! You were not allowed to use the cooker in this hostel which was a pain but they did cook a meal every night that you could sign up and pay for. Showers were cold.

This is a great hostel, it have everything I was expected. Friendly staff, good location, all facility and value for money.

• 28th Mar 2015

The wifi was the only complaint I have about the hipstel. It didn't work very well for me at all. Everything else was good.

• 27th Mar 2015

Erything about this place was cool the staff the location and the cleanliness.

• 24th Mar 2015

Very friendly atmosphere, good to meet other travelers. Good location between the Gaudi museum and the attractions by the beach. And free coffee :)

Chill vibe, free caffeine and sun for days. The hostel crew got us all out bar-hopping on our first night and introduced us to the Barcelona scene. A little out of the way but would definitely go back.

Everything was wonderful. Friendly staff, people and atmosphere.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Location is great, and the staff are really lovely and helpful.

• 17th Mar 2015

Friendly and helpful reception staff, very clean. The hostel is walking distance from practically everywhere of interest in Barcelona!

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

I was in barcelona for one week and couldn't recommend the Hipstel more. There was a beautiful atmosphere there of openess between guests and staff (we went on two nights out with the staff, great craic!). The location is superb, walking distance to most and super close to a metro. The rooms were safe, the water was warm, the internet was adequate, THE FREE COFFEE OMG. I will definitely be back and I will definitely return to the Hipstel. Thanks for everything, guys!

• 9th Mar 2015

Good, but the atmosphere not so good, because after 23h30 it is not allowed to stay in the social areas.

The only good this about this hostel is the location. Other than that the staff is extremely disorganized. The checkin process was very awkward, the showers and bathrooms as well. It seemed like all the guests were experiencing some sort of problem or discomfort with this hostel. Constriction began during my stay there but there was no communication about it. I found my floor half closed and no access to the showers. All the guests had to share on shower.

Well located within BCN+ good price! Social WIFI is for free+very slow- the Computer for charge is really expensive! (5 min 50Cents) There are lockers in every room- bring your own lock! ;-) (In some rooms there are not too many working ones left, +the capacity of these lockers is not overwhelming...) Bed sheets are clean, bath rooms also (depending on the other guest's behaviour!) The noise policy is really strange: loud music until midnight,but no talks until 8AM and locked common room!! :-(

• 4th Mar 2015

After staying here in a large group for over 5 days, we were all switched around rooms at the last minute. Horrible communication skills between customers and employees. While waiting in line to complain to manager, 2 others were ahead of me with complaints as well. Woke up in the middle of the night (around 3:30am) and the "security" was asleep at the front desk... Wifi is absolutely horrible and breakfast of fruit and bread costs €3 per morning..... The atmosphere was great but nothing else

• 3rd Mar 2015

This was an absolutely awful stay. The staff has no idea what they're doing nor do they care. One of my friends stuff was moved out of his room and put into trash bags without his knowledge while he was gone because they wanted to make room for someone else. And 5 nights into our stay we were forced out of our room and made to check out and check back in the next day, having to switch rooms with no warning. Leaving our belongings in a closet for hours. The pillows are filthy. The management rude

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very nice and clean hostel! 6dorm female was very spacious (room 205) location is perfect, near the subwaystation and within walking distance from most of the tourist attractions like Sagrada Familia and La Rambla. Beach is only 2/3 stops away with the metro. The only bad thing is the WiFi, this was awfull! Please next time it must be better! I had to buy my own internet:( the staff is very friendly especially Loo, thankyou for everything and for taking me to the salsaclubs! I'll come back soon!

The room arent cleaned at all and shower without any liquids without hot water all the time .. Really it is the worstvhostel i have been till now .. Soory fir that but this for develop it

• 28th Feb 2015