The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel to stay near to the city centre! Great atmosphere, lovely & fun staff, they've loads of information on alternative touristic options.

• 27th Dec 2014

Nice hostel, great location en friendly staff. The showers didn't work very well and they were not so clean. I liked the dinner + beer for 5 euros, also a great way to meet people!

• 27th Dec 2014

I would definitely stay here again. I really liked it. The breakfast was excellent. The one thing you may like to pass on is that I paid the balance owing for 3 nights in cash. I said I wanted to cancel 2 nights and only stay one. I said should I use my debit card to ensure I get a refund. They said no it was ok to pay by cash. Now I find I have to get a refund via paypal. This has been confusing. I am guessing this is in the fineprint but it has been frustrating and time consuming.

Great hostel in a very cozy neighborhood... Lots of shops, bars, and restaurants around there. The facility is very clean, and the staff is really helpful.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

the bathroom was very dirty when i came, kitchen very small, but the location very good!!!

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

Definitely acceptable for the price, but the staff was the most disappointing aspect. Some were friendly, but I encountered multiple who did not seem in a good mood and made me feel uncomfortable asking questions. Also despite their insistence on speaking to me in English after I tried using my almost-fluent Spanish, either their English was not strong enough, or some staff did not understand the hostel policies-eg this led to me not receiving dinner when I had tried to follow the procedure.

It's definitely good option. It's in the very center of Barcelona. Metro is just couple of steps away. the decoration and atmosphere of the hostel is great!

• 15th Dec 2014

Excellent location and good unexpansive breakfast (3 euros). But Chairs and sofas have to be changed in common area because very unconfortable. At the 1st floor juste 2 showers so we have to wait along time... and no light for the beds in the dorm of 6.

I liked this hostel very much! Gentle staff, good atmosphere. It is also well located close to the Metro and you can also walk to the station to get the train to the airport.

• 11th Dec 2014

My room smelt a bit funny and the heating didn't work. The hostel was fully booked so they didn't have any spare extra blankets, ended up using a towel. Otherwise it was a good stay.

Very easy to check in and check out with a brilliant location! The only trouble was trying to use the bathroom in the morning as there always seemed to be a queue.

• 5th Dec 2014

This was one one of my favourite hostels on my trip!! The staff was amazing, very helpful and fun. There is a cheap dinner and beer every night as well as sometimes they have a bar set up in the kitchen. You often had to re sign into the WiFi but that being the only downfall I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

This hostel was excellent value for money, very clean and an excellent location, I felt very safe walking around at night. the reception staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Highly recommended

• 2nd Dec 2014

Stayed another week at the Hipstel, still best place ever ! Staff and guests are absolutely amazing, I feel like I am living in the movie L'auberge Espagnole :)

I really appreciated the warm welcome, the assistance I received, and the relaxed atmosphere. Thanks!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Greenland

The hostel was located in an impressive building near metro paseo de gracia and only minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya and Diagonal. It was clean. Rooms were spacious, but it would have been good to have private bedside lights. Showers were rather small without private space to undress. I stayed for 2 nights, one of them was very noisy with people shouting well after midnight. I would advise the staff to maintain silence in the hostel at night as people come there to rest.

It would be more respectful when Cleaning lady comes in mens bathroom to knock on door before entering..Clients should be allowed to use kitchen during 8pm and 9pm. Staff is very nice..

Great staff, nice people there, for the money it was a really nice place to stay, an excellent location

• 26th Nov 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Wifi doesnt work so good but you can deal with it, really good location, good bedrooms cleaned everyday lighty good mastress, only 2 showers and bathrooms for the hole hostel but if you go before the rushhours it goes, really good staff sympatic, good and big kitchen, i would recomand this hostel to anyone!

Eveything was nearly perfect! Only the batbroom... It's a little bit dirty and small. The rest, great!