The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

The only good thing in this hostel is the location... The toilets are just awfull... So dirty! The breakfast was terrible as well. There was just bread jam butter and coffe. The staff could b better.

Really nice hostel with some lovely communal areas and home cooked dinner every night. The only problem was that the staff were on the whole quite unfriendly and gave us basically no information about the hostel (e.g. they didn't tell us towels were available for hire or that you had to book in for the evening meal) and seemed bemused when we asked them for information about bars etc int he surrounding area. A shame really, as it could have been a really amazing place to stay!

Stayed here for a few nights with a group of friends over a weekend. Rooms were good size and amenities were good. Great big common area on ground floor and very secure. Thanks for the stay!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really great hostel. Fun and chilled out atmosphere, clean and good facilities. And good location right by a metro station and close to restaurants and shops.

• 29th Jun 2014

Fully equipped hostel with nice kitchen and common room to hang out! I really loved this building and staff it felt welcoming. It is in a good location, close to Plaza de Catalunya. Would stay here again!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Greece

This hostel was very below my expectations. We had stayed in a beautiful hostel in Valencia and arrived to this hostel in Barcelona to find it a very disappointing compared to our previous accommodation. Facilities were very poor, particularly the kitchen which was tiny and the crockery and cutlery was basic and often chipped (and gets shut for 2 hours every evening JUST when you are starving hungry!) Wifi is terrible. Bathrooms are very basic and staff clean at stupidly inconvenient times.

I'm not even sure where to begin.... there are so many things wrong with this hostel that I would recommend staying ANYWHERE else. my first impression was with the staff majority of them are rude and ignore people when they come to reception. I understand they are training a couple new people but they leave them unsupervised during peak hours like check out. I stayed in a room on the second floor where the doors to the dorms, showers and toilets all made the loudest screeching noises not to ment

Terrible hostel, bathrooms look like they were never cleaned, kitchen all dirty, filthy microwave, completely messed up, employees are arrogant (less a girl who is at the desk, she is helpful), but two guys who work at the hostel has terrible service. The sockets of the rooms are almost always not working, broken fans, etc. ... Definitely would not recommend to anyone

Location is good, 5 mins to the main commercial street. Staff are really nice and helpful! Common space is good furnitured and got a good terrace! BUT,30-40Euros for a bed is not cheap in Barcelona, the breakfast is poor. More important is this hostel is totally not sound proof, you can clearly hear all from next door or even further! During my stay, AC is not working, and no HOT WATER for EVERY MORNING! Besides, the hostel is not clean, especially the shower room, also the linen with blood!

Nice atmosphere and very nice staff. Definitely a good stay to explore Barcelona!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The bed organisation was the only flaw as i had booked in for three nights but was reassigned a bed for each and had to keep moving around. Apart from that it was wonderful, a brilliant and lovely place to stay. I stayed in two other hostels on my trip but I wish I had booked this one again. I went on the pub crawl that starts from the Hostel and that was pretty good but just hanging out in the hostel is a lovely thing to do. I had a great time sitting in the outside area in the sun!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had an absolute ball! People are so much fun, great kitchen/ common area, clean, staff help with it all. Thanks heaps will be back for sure :)

• 25th Jun 2014

My stay at the hostel was really nice, the staff were really helpful, the hostel was overall perfect for what I expected and generally an excellent atmosphere. I highly recommend it !

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Free coffee all day was a nice touch. Literally took me 1 hour to check it... seriously. Solid hostel.

Overally we enjoyed our stay. The staff are so friendly and helpful the location is great and close to the best part of the Barcelona like La Rambla and Villa de Gracia. The safety of the Hostel is Excelent and is so clean.

• 19th Jun 2014

Location was fine, beds were comfy! i had an encounter with one of the staff where I asked if there was a mop so that the puddle of water in front of the stove could be cleaned up and instead of doing it he just pointed me in the direction of the mop and walked away to eat his lunch...? I found the staff at the desk friendly and sociable and helpful while I was there. (2 girls and a tall blonde guy). It was missing a genuineness that I think will come with time and transition. Good enough :)

Pleasantly surprised. The place was clean cannot complain about that. Never had to wait for shower or bathroom, there is plenty of them. The staff was nice and very helpful.The location is AWESOME! In the middle of downtown can get metro very easily. The walk to plaza catalunia is close. Overall I loved the place and my stay. Would stay there again for sure!

• 18th Jun 2014

In general the hostal was clean and the dinners they cooked every night were pretty good! The kitchen area could have been a little cleaner in terms of the sponge and the plates, but otherwise it was cleaner than most hostals. The one thing that kept happening though was that people would come back at night and find people sleeping in their beds. The dont have a very organized system so they would just reclaim your bed if you werent in it. Otherwise it was good! Nice location and easy to find.

It was cool atmosphere but other than that it was very average. I was in room 202 and I would highly recommend getting a different room if they try and put you there. The fan in the room was broken and we couldn't open the window because there was a sewage pipe that reeked just outside the window.

Very helpful and friendly staff who introduced the various sights of Barcelona to us quite well. Clean and safe with good facilities. Excellent location as well!

• 17th Jun 2014