The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Hi! Our group really enjoyed its stay at the Hipstel. I loved the interior and also the dorms were fine. The rates were really low, so I did not really mind that the shared bathrooms were not always superclean. The wifi, although sometimes a little slow, worked perfectly. Location wise, the Hipstel is just a short walk away from one of the major metro stations which is really convenient. While some staff members were really nice, others not so much. But well, overall a good experience. Thanks!

It was one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Everyone was super friendly and, if I hadn't been in Barcelona specifically to see a friend, then I have no doubt in my mind that I would have made friends at the hostel. Definitely recommend it!

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Squeaky bunk beds and unfriendly staff. Common areas were nice and sunny terrace. Convenient location.

To keep it short and sweet, this was a lovely hostel. Much cleaner and nicer than any other hostel I have stayed at. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and they give you a full info of the best things to do in Barcelona and the best restaurants when you arrive! I stayed here as a solo traveler and it was really nice! I definitely recommend this hostel for the solo traveler!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Finland

I really liked this place. The location is great and it just seems to have a lot of soul and good people around, working and staying. I have stayed in 3 different hostels in Barcelona l, all of them good, and this is my favourite. There's a beautuful outdoor area and the property is nice. I will come back next time I come to barca. The only strange thing was that you weren't allowed to cook. And I am vegan so I couldn't eat their meat dinners. But just be prepared for the cooking thing. Great!!

Enjoyed the hostel,very nice atmosphere,friendly staff and good location!

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Lithuania

Really enjoyed my time there! I liked the overall atmosphere, the room and the location, the workers was really nice and cool, they help you a lot!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Norway

Was a good hostel. Served cheap dinner every night. Staff was friendly and everything was clean and comfortable.

• 30th Oct 2015

Very nice hostel, great staff, the girl in the front desk was very welcoming and helpful, good location, very clean and good wifi. highly recomended!

• 30th Oct 2015

People from other dorms entered to mine and there was fight, people from hostel didnt do anything and people was laúd all the time.

The service was great, Staff was pretty friendly and helpful. They also offer a lot of activities every day and night. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Had the best time here loved it sooo much. the staff were so friendly and so helpful. Met so many cool people. pub crawl and walking tours were awesome. Highly recommended this place!

• 26th Oct 2015

Great location close to everything central. Facilities could use some upgrades in comparison with other hostels I visited in the city. Not a free breakfast and didn't have many of the items they were supposed to (like fruit) so I didn't buy it and went out instead. Nice building and atmosphere when I was there.

Mi sheets and towels were dirty! :( They had stains and hair on them.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Friendly staff, very nice people work there,very helpful! Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms. The location is very good: close to the city centre and Gaudi's buildings,3 min.to get to the metro station.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Bulgaria

I loved barcelona!!! The hostel had an amazing atmosphere. Everyone was friendly, met cool people and the staff definitely made my stay amazing! Best hostel I've stayed at so far. Also liked that they had recommendations for additional activities and that they worked with a free tour guide co. !

Friendly atmosphere and amazing experience!!!

Very nice hostel.. recommended!

I really felt welcome at the hostel and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean with great atmosphere and is easily reached by the metro, which is in itself really good value for money... It is a really peaceful neighbourhood and i felt safe walking on the street at night...I would definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Oct 2015

They have a kitchen, although not allowed to use it, I guess they have their reasons. Staff was nice and welcoming, enjoyed my stay.