The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

This was an absolutely awful stay. The staff has no idea what they're doing nor do they care. One of my friends stuff was moved out of his room and put into trash bags without his knowledge while he was gone because they wanted to make room for someone else. And 5 nights into our stay we were forced out of our room and made to check out and check back in the next day, having to switch rooms with no warning. Leaving our belongings in a closet for hours. The pillows are filthy. The management rude

• 3rd Mar 2015

Very nice and clean hostel! 6dorm female was very spacious (room 205) location is perfect, near the subwaystation and within walking distance from most of the tourist attractions like Sagrada Familia and La Rambla. Beach is only 2/3 stops away with the metro. The only bad thing is the WiFi, this was awfull! Please next time it must be better! I had to buy my own internet:( the staff is very friendly especially Loo, thankyou for everything and for taking me to the salsaclubs! I'll come back soon!

The room arent cleaned at all and shower without any liquids without hot water all the time .. Really it is the worstvhostel i have been till now .. Soory fir that but this for develop it

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Egypt

Very friendly and accommodating. They had a great pub crawl on the Saturday night, and they let us leave our bags at the Hostel after checking-out on Sunday. Would recommend!

• 20th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Friendly and helpful reception staff, very clean, great breakfast. The hostel is walking distance from practically everywhere of interest in Barcelona, and if you're not into walking it's right by the metro station

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Slovakia

The location is almost perfect. The space is very cosy and comfortable. The staff is nice and helpful.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Finland

this hostel was good. but i was shocked that I need to pay 3 euro for a simple breakfast (which I thought I'll be getting it for free!). even other backpackers were shocked too. anyway, the receptionist was polite enough to say sorry for the misunderstanding. but the 3 euro breakfast is not satisfying. basically all i ate was cereals, boiled egg, bread and jams and milk. all others are unnecessary and waste of money.

I don't like the fee charged for the lock, it should be free.

Staff were excellent, very friendly and with great recommendations. Room, kitchen, shared washrooms were all very clean. Hostel is within walking distance to much of the city, however there is a transit stop very close by. Nearby grocery stores also. Very safe and secure hostel and area in general.

• 28th Jan 2015

I loved the location of this hostel. Staff were very helpful. The rooms were comfortable. And it is great value for money, I only paid 6.90 per night which is a bargain. Highly recommended. A couple of things this hostel has to look into are: 1. Bathrooms could use a little bit of work, althought they were acceptable, some repairs are in order. 2. Guests cannot cook in the kitchen. Travelers on a budget who stay for a number of days may want to cook their meals some times to avoid high costs.

It was really good. I'm going to visit here again if i visit Barcelona again. I strongly recommend this hostel :)

• 25th Jan 2015

Good value for money, clean hostel, helpful and nice staff. Enough happening around, enough stuff organized.

The bathrooms are disgusting! Nobody cleans this place. The female communal bathroom has hair everywhere! But the receptionists are very nice and very helpful. The free walking tour they offer is really great too.

I had a nice stay at the Hipstel, I would come back next time I have to go to BCN :-)

• 21st Jan 2015

Everything good. However, you could have lockers installed in the lockers rather than selling them. You could charge your customers if they loose the key or something. Also, I don't know about women's restrooms, but men's restroom is sometimes very awkward to use because when you are out of the showers, anybody can see you naked once you are outside of the showers. Additionally, your shower drains need to be flushing. They are usually very clugged. Other than that, you are good.

Everything was good but the internet connection,mate! Still a place to stay,tho.

there were no curtains, I can aacept there are no shutters, but curtains...and it was too noisy, the room was beside the lounge and the terrace, so people stayed awake till late and we couldn't sleep. there should be more floors and the rooms shouldn't be too close to the common areas.

This place has a cheap price per night and is located at very central spot but don't expect luxury. Breakfast not included, and the biggest problem... very, very bad wifi, I essentially could not use the internet for 2 days. If you only need a place to sleep, and meet a few people this works. For a stay longer than 2 nights Casa Gracia is a better option and essentially the same price, as breakfast, towels are free and internet works.

Some issues with roommates who try after-party in the room and just outside the room at 4am (neighbours also came out to ask them to be quiet) but on my last morning I understood why that was as the common area was closed at 7am. I assume it is then closed for a part of the night but if you can't have that area for people to hang out in it would be good for the people who want to sleep if you didn't have the seating areas in front of the rooms as that is where people then continue the fiesta.

It is my second stay here and they improved very much: the common room was warm. The internet was still slow but everything else was perfect