The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

My stay there was very short, but I liked this hostel, everything was really good. The hostel is located in the very central area, it took me around 15 minutes to walk there from Placa de Cataluna. It's really easy to find using the directions provided. The staff was nice and the hostel is clean, with nice interior and good kitchen. There was also vending machine with drinks in the hallway. The room itself was alright, not really spacious, but still it's ok; for the price I paid it was just fine

The staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay and gave us fantastic advice on what to explore and events going on nearby, Thanks guys!

• 15th Jul 2015

Świetna lokalizacja, personel bardzo miły -bardzo fajna sala do zabawy i wypoczynku, - fajna atmosfera

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

the manager was so rude! air conditioner did not work!

It is a great place for to stay at Barcelona. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The location is super easy to find and get around from. The people I met during my stay were very friendly, I can definately recommend this place.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Cyprus

Amazing place, the friendly staff organized some hostel outings, which were really great for making friends with the other hostel-goers while seeing an interesting attraction. The location is close to a metro station and the Catalunya square . The whole hostel felt really homey and comfortable, I had a really enjoyable time there!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

I was disappointed with my stay at the hostel. For the money you pay to stay there, the experience wasn't worth it. The bunks are so low that you can't even sit on the bed. The air conditioning didn't work in the room even though I choose hostels that have that feature very much on purpose. I alerted the staff to the issue twice and it was never checked on. My key card repeatedly stopped working even when I followed all instructions. To say it was average at best is all I can contribute.

The air conditioning does not work, the manager was rude to his customers and his employees, they overcharge for tourist tickets, electricity went out, construction with load noises and lots of debree, the beds are more like a spring box than a mattress, the lounge area closes very early even though there is a 24 hour desk service,

• 10th Jul 2015

Pretty decent hostel in a good location in Barcelona. You aren't allowed to cook your own food in the kitchen, which is kind of weird and inconvenient, especially if you're travelling on a budget. Some staff members were nice, others seemed wholly uninterested in our existence. We were only there for one night so I can't say much more than that.

Great location, super nice staff and lots of information of things to do in Barcelona!

Ive been in many hostels during two months and this is unique definetly grest place to stay

Staff were not very friendly, the staff was either new and hadn't been trained properly or couldn't give me advice when i asked her questions and wasn't helpful. The air conditioning in the room was broken and when we told the staff they didn't believe us or seem to care. Overpriced for what it was. The dorm rooms are crammed and the stairs to the top bunk was in between the lockers so I couldn't get to my bunk. Okay location if you want to see Gaudi attractions but far from beach.

The Hipstel is a nice hostel located in an amazing spot that gives you easy access to everything. The staff is helpful. The only downside is that it can be noisy at times.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The location is incredible and the rooms are OK, nothing great about them, but they are overall clean and nice. The problem for me was the staff and the way they hanldled some issues. First of all they don't have locals in the staff, I've been to Barcelona a few times and I never saw that, staff that didn't speak spanish at all and that sent a lot of people to tourist traps! They were slow (40 min to check in when I was the only one there and 30 min to check out) and a little bit condecending.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Nice place, Friendly and helpful staff. Thanks to Simon and Marianne for great advice and friendly help with my holiday. This hostel is quite nice and well equipped, definitely a fun place to stay!

• 29th Jun 2015

The Hipstel was the perfect choice for my stay in Barcelona. The vibe is the best, and the staff were all great and made sure everyone was included in activities and general fun. They had a beer pong tournament on the Saturday night I was there and it was an absolute blast. You do have to pay for some amenities (breakfast, dinner, computers) and the rooms can get kind of hot, but it was a really solid visit.

• 26th Jun 2015

Great location! Hostel overall has a cool look. Our room was small and cramped for 8 people- was hard to pack and spread out our things. Breakfast was an additional 3 euros and was quite disappointing- bread with jams, coffee and cereal (boiled eggs usually gone)- Expect more for an additional cost as I have travelled around a bit. Wifi connection was very poor. Staff was a lot of fun- enjoyed the beer pong tournament

Super, perfect place to stay for a quick trip. Everything is super close and easy to move around. Nice and clean, perfect just like on the pictures. We loved it and will go back if life takes us to Barcelona again!!

• 26th Jun 2015

The walls in the private room were so thin I could hear every movement of the people in the room next door to me, not good when they all come home at 5am and want to talk for hours. Also the refrigerator/vending machine has a constant electric hum that is very load and disturbing. Overall it was hard to sleep at the hipstel

The staff there are really helpful and nice, very comfortable location, from there u can get to any place you want. I really like it!

• 24th Jun 2015