The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Nice atmosphere and very nice staff. Definitely a good stay to explore Barcelona!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The bed organisation was the only flaw as i had booked in for three nights but was reassigned a bed for each and had to keep moving around. Apart from that it was wonderful, a brilliant and lovely place to stay. I stayed in two other hostels on my trip but I wish I had booked this one again. I went on the pub crawl that starts from the Hostel and that was pretty good but just hanging out in the hostel is a lovely thing to do. I had a great time sitting in the outside area in the sun!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had an absolute ball! People are so much fun, great kitchen/ common area, clean, staff help with it all. Thanks heaps will be back for sure :)

• 25th Jun 2014

My stay at the hostel was really nice, the staff were really helpful, the hostel was overall perfect for what I expected and generally an excellent atmosphere. I highly recommend it !

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Free coffee all day was a nice touch. Literally took me 1 hour to check it... seriously. Solid hostel.

Overally we enjoyed our stay. The staff are so friendly and helpful the location is great and close to the best part of the Barcelona like La Rambla and Villa de Gracia. The safety of the Hostel is Excelent and is so clean.

• 19th Jun 2014

Location was fine, beds were comfy! i had an encounter with one of the staff where I asked if there was a mop so that the puddle of water in front of the stove could be cleaned up and instead of doing it he just pointed me in the direction of the mop and walked away to eat his lunch...? I found the staff at the desk friendly and sociable and helpful while I was there. (2 girls and a tall blonde guy). It was missing a genuineness that I think will come with time and transition. Good enough :)

Pleasantly surprised. The place was clean cannot complain about that. Never had to wait for shower or bathroom, there is plenty of them. The staff was nice and very helpful.The location is AWESOME! In the middle of downtown can get metro very easily. The walk to plaza catalunia is close. Overall I loved the place and my stay. Would stay there again for sure!

• 18th Jun 2014

In general the hostal was clean and the dinners they cooked every night were pretty good! The kitchen area could have been a little cleaner in terms of the sponge and the plates, but otherwise it was cleaner than most hostals. The one thing that kept happening though was that people would come back at night and find people sleeping in their beds. The dont have a very organized system so they would just reclaim your bed if you werent in it. Otherwise it was good! Nice location and easy to find.

It was cool atmosphere but other than that it was very average. I was in room 202 and I would highly recommend getting a different room if they try and put you there. The fan in the room was broken and we couldn't open the window because there was a sewage pipe that reeked just outside the window.

Very helpful and friendly staff who introduced the various sights of Barcelona to us quite well. Clean and safe with good facilities. Excellent location as well!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Iceland

One of those hostels that is run more for the benefit of the staff, rather than of the guests.

People were very friendly and kind, especially I arrived during the night as my plane was delayed.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Nice staff, great location (close to a metro station, cool neighborhood); extremely clean and great price!

• 16th Jun 2014

Very Good!!

Very nice old building and good concept. It will only be better if staff put in more effort in upgrading customer service skills and upkeep of the old property.

Nice atmosphere, really hippy hostel - nice, cool people!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Don't book this hostel, its tricky. It seems like a nice youth hostel, is not. It was so expensive for what i received. My room was so tiny with 6 beds we could hardly breath outside air, the bathrooms are like from a public swimming pool and 3 showers for a hole floor (aprox. 50 beds) it was just disgusting. Most of the staff could only speak french and a really bad english. The breakfast is so early and for so short period of time you can barely get it.

The location can't be better and the common areas are really fun and nicely decorated. The rooms, however, are very small and dark. We shared a private room for three people which had no windows and was pretty uncharming. It was clean enough and the staff was generally helpful. This is a good place to stay if you are looking to socialize and hang out in the common areas- mostly because the rooms are too small and dim to stay in there at all.

Excellent location and wonderful staff. A very lively atmosphere. We stayed for 3 nights and got all kind of support and guidance about Barcelona. Thank you guys!

• 9th Jun 2014