The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

The staff was amazing, they were so helpful. They gave me a map and circled places to go see and local places to eat. The decor was beautiful too. Thanks guys, I had an excellent stay!

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very average. 3 of the 5 people we were with got double booked and had to change beds after getting home from the bars at 4 in the morning. Nothing special. Worth the 15 euros

• 15th Jun 2015

There was a bit of a mix up and I ended up without a bed for the night, but the staff handled it the best that they could and otherwise it was a nice place!

The reception doesn't speak Spanish tho

Unfriendly staff and really unorganized.... They kept on double assigning beds

I stayed in the hipstel 2 nights. Nice atmosphere, very safe area, good walking distances to attractions& metro, very friendly& helpful staffs.

• 14th Jun 2015

Great staff, nice and clean, fantastic location for the central areas. Would definitely recommend!

• 14th Jun 2015

Wouldn't stay here again. Every space was grungy and run down. Storage lockers were too tiny to fit anything except a small backpack. Staff didn't appear with it whatsoever and I encountered problems with them regarding almost everything throughout my stay (linen, early check in, luggage storage, bed assignment and room key). Things that should be straight forward for a hostel staff, no? They also gave me incorrect information about a day trip I was planning to Montserrat which was frustrating.

The staff was absolutely amazing at this hostel, especially one guy named calum who worked at reception was so friendly and helpful. Clean hostel. Great stay!

• 10th Jun 2015

Staff was rude and unprofessional. They just want your money

• 10th Jun 2015

Location and price make this the perfect place to stay in Barcelona. The staff is very Friendly and helpful. I will recommend this hostel!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

Location of the hostel is very good and staff is friendly. Good place to spend for couple nights, but the common area is not enough to meet other people or spend some time

I stay in 12 mixed-bedroom and I think it's worth the money you pay (pretty cheap compared to others). Everything is good except if you are living on the Internet, this place is definitely not for you because the wifi is very very slow. Technically, I had to live my live in the cloud away and just simply enjoy going around Barcelona. Location is perfect, right center of Barcelona. The receptionists are somehow unstable (some is very good, some is pretty slow with procedure)

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Vietnam

Good location, close to the main square, Staff was nice and welcoming. Thanks guys!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great location, people were super nice. Staff was a little disorganized but other than that everything was great and would stay again.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hipstel. I felt comfortable leaving my bag in my room, and they had a storage room. The staff was very flexible and helpful with/for me. The environment is definitely a party one at night, so if you want a quiet night make sure and be on the 2nd floor. The negative for me was that they had a nice kitchen in the common area but you could only use the microwave and fridge. Location was great. Overall a good experience.

Really not sure how this place had such good reviews. The room I was in was tiny, there was no space to put your luggage other than under or on your bed. There were no lockers for luggage, only small ones like you have in high school. On our entire level (of at least 10 Dorm rooms with 6+ people I'm sure) there were 3 showers for ladies and 1 shower for guys. The staff were not particularly helpful or friendly, even when they screwed up my bed number so I had to move twice.

Great staff, great activities, great rooms/facilities. Very highly recommended

• 4th Jun 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

This is a great place to stay if you are a backpacker. It is very clean and a great deal for your money. About a 5-10 minute walk to all the cool spots down La Rambla. You are going to want to take public transportation to the beach otherwise it's really far. Nice beds. Clean bathrooms. No breakfast included but free coffee/espresso and the staff gave us free food. Atmosphere was pretty average. The wifi is really slow and makes you check in on Facebook like 7 times a day. I would stay here agai

Just rich people!! The Crew hostel so boring!! Hahah Not talk too much! Boring time😳😳