The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Very good hostel in the centre of Barcelona and easy to commute to via train/metro. Cracking location and the staff were very friendly and useful. Would recommend!

• 14th May 2014

This is the cutest hostel I've ever seen, amazing staff, great little patio and the decor is so cute and niche. Wish there was a Hipstel in every country!

Stayed 3 nights in the Hipstel and have zero complaints. The location and the staff couldn't have been better. I would stay there again the next time I am in Barcelona.

Lovely friendly people. Enjoyed our morning chats around the breakfast table in a relaxed atmosphere. What a perfect location to enjoy Barcelona! Great value for money. Go there it,s fabulous :)

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

great hostel! the staff is really nice and the location is great. the breakfast isntttt amazingggg but its free so

Great friendly atmosphere, the staff were lovely and the facilities were more than enough and very clean. One of the best hostels I've stayed in and excellent value!

• 29th Apr 2014

Nice and cozy hostel in the very center of Barcelona. Amiable staff and comfortable bed. Thanks for being yourself.

One of the showers was broken and the drains obstructed (which is kind of disgusting...). Also, the toilet booths could be cleaner (toilet seats were clean, but walls and door not so much). Besides that, the hostel is pretty good, and the staff very nice. One day I had the dinner, but I didn't like it. Even with the beer included. The Bar Crawl, differently from others I joined during my trip, actually takes you several bars. It was pretty fun.

Right in the middle of downtown, great accomodations and friendly staff, provided me all the info that I needed to make the most of my staying! From tips of non-turistical restaurants, signed maps for the best visits, insider´s view about the city! Thanks guys!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Very helpful and friendly staff who introduced the various sights of Barcelona to us quite well. Clean and safe with good facilities. Excellent location as well!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, next to many things: supermarket, restaurants, café, train stations... The showers are good, the staff is nice and helpful. The wifi was not so good, it just work in the reception.. and there is no plug enough in the rooms.

The hostel overbooked and didn't even notice until we got there! they told us to wait and they will find a place in another hostel for us. after 1 hour of waiting they told us we could stay at the hostel, but when we got to the room it was a twin bed and not double as we booked. All the guy had to say what that its not his fault... We didn't stay there

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Staff were fantastic, so friendly that I really missed all of them when it came time to leave. Facilities were good but the weak wifi signal in rooms and shower rooms with hardly any privacy were two main issues. Overall a great hostel with great staff that I recommend to everyone.

Beautiful terrace/common room, met some lovely people as well. The only things: for such a gorgeous hostel WHY are the mattresses so absolutely terrible?? Woke up with a headache each morning from muscle tension, you can feel each individual metal spring. Excellent breakfast served, although the annoying thing was that the kitchen closes at only 10:30 - especially in Spain amd with a 24 hour reception 2 steps away that seems a bit silly.

I had a great four days at the hipstel. The hostel is located perfectly to get around on foot or by metro. For the price the hipstel has great facilities although the wifi didn't quite stretch to the room I was in in the 2nd floor. All the staff were very helpful with anything I needed including giving good recommendations for places to eat and drink. I recommend the paella night! It was delicious. All in all I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in barcelona! Good job!

• 21st Apr 2014

The Hipstel was in a great location and was great value for money. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to people visiting Barcelona.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Wales

A really nice hostel right off of Ramblas Catalunya and not too far from a metro stop. The staff are great, the beds are comfortable and they organize plenty of events so you are bound to meet plenty of awesome travelers like yourself. Don't miss paella night!

It might have just been the time we stayed, but there wasn't as much going on at the Hipstel as the initial blurb implied. The internet was also very unreliable.

Nice hostel to stay! The hostel has a good location, close to the Sagrada Familia, Barri Gotic, the beach, etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful, it's easy to get an information. The pubcrawl is verry nice. I met some awesome people there. Nice atmosphere to meet people and to chill out all the evening.. and the night ! Negative point, the shower need to be repair !