The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Great location and atmosphere, OK facilities. Bathrooms were constantly dirty and our room smelled funky, but it was livable.

Great hostel with nice staff and generally cool other travelers to meet. Great communal vibe with bar crawl organized every night and dinner cooked by the staff that you can eat all together. I wish the common area didn't close at 1 am, and that it was in a better location - by all of the fancy, expensive places for tourists to eat wasn't right for me. But only about a 10 min walk from La Ramblas. Overall, good and cheap and friendly, but not the best hostel in the world.

This hostel was average. Definitely overpriced but in a good area. Close to everything for the most part. The staff was terrible, not helpful what so ever. When you asked them a question they seemed bothered that you were talking to them. The hostel was kind of clean.. Could deifnetly use some help but overall I would not stay there again not recommend it to a friend.

Some staff members were fantastic (others weren't very nice) and we met some really cool people. The location was great- however the facilities could be better. Very uncomfortable beds, not enough electric outlets in the rooms or common area, dirty bathrooms/showers. Never had soap or TP in the bathrooms. Very safe, nice area but do not walk alone at night if you're female - a girl in our room got robbed just feet away from hostel entrance. I wouldn't stay here again. Not clean enough.

The staff was really unwelcoming, unhelpful, and acted arrogant towards my group from the time we arrived to the time we left. After seeing how the facility was cleaned, I did not feel comfortable at all. The bathrooms were always out of soap AND toilet paper. It was not worth the money. I did not enjoy staying here and would not recommend it to friends.

• 30th May 2014

The ambiance of the hostel was amazing, such a cute place! Everyone at the hostel was friendly and welcoming. Only complaint is that breakfast could be a little better.

Far under expectations. This place is definately not a "cool" or "hipster" hostel as they try to sell themselves. One member of the staff was really rude when I tried to get a slice of bread 15 minutes after the breakfast time. Even though later on she said I could get it, her aproach was really bad and embarassing, left the place at the same minute. PS: I had my clock 1 hour behind due to different timezone. Ridiculously small toilets on the rooms floors.

Location for this was perfect for me because its near gaudi and train station also gay area , my only concern was the door of the toilets slams so loud and it disturbs me from my sleep , everytime other people go to toilet the door slams close so hard and I cant sleep! gggrrr anyways but Barcelona is such beautiful city similar to Melbourne ! I recommend the Football tour I enjoyed this very much!

loved the atmosphere. people were great, especially the promotional groups for social stuff. staff was nice and helpful. loved the location. felt very safe whenever i had to walk back to the hostel by myself, and i loved the location because of all the great restaurants and shops

• 22nd May 2014

Super good. Staff is very friendly. The whole hostel clean. Rooms are fine. Breakfast can be richer, only! For money paid, for me and my friend it totally paid off. I would recommend it to everyone! Cheers!

• 20th May 2014
  • Serbia

the location is very good but it could be a little hard to find.

• 20th May 2014
  • Jordan

Great atmosphere, the staff were so friendly. The facilities are great & the place is alway clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 19th May 2014

Has a very unique style! Fun and "hip". Location was great... Only a block away from nice restaurants and night life. The showers and restrooms on the other hand were very dirty/moldy the whole time I was there even though there was always someone "cleaning". Also no wifi reception in the rooms. You had to go out into the hallway to get on the internet.

The people working there are so nice and helpful! They organise nights out with the others, so it is super easy to have fun and make new friends! The atmosphere was great, the hostel was clean and well situated, the train from the airport goes there. We had a great time in Barcelona!

• 17th May 2014
  • Lithuania

I found it dirty for my standards, and many hostel equipments were broken. There aren't power socks enough - something really needed by travelers. On the bright side, rooms are big and they help a lot with touristic information and attractions. Shower is excellent... Would not stay there again... despite it's being close to the subway, would rather stay closer to the beach or the Ramblas.

Very good hostel in the centre of Barcelona and easy to commute to via train/metro. Cracking location and the staff were very friendly and useful. Would recommend!

• 14th May 2014

This is the cutest hostel I've ever seen, amazing staff, great little patio and the decor is so cute and niche. Wish there was a Hipstel in every country!

Stayed 3 nights in the Hipstel and have zero complaints. The location and the staff couldn't have been better. I would stay there again the next time I am in Barcelona.

Lovely friendly people. Enjoyed our morning chats around the breakfast table in a relaxed atmosphere. What a perfect location to enjoy Barcelona! Great value for money. Go there it,s fabulous :)

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

great hostel! the staff is really nice and the location is great. the breakfast isntttt amazingggg but its free so