The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Super good. Staff is very friendly. The whole hostel clean. Rooms are fine. Breakfast can be richer, only! For money paid, for me and my friend it totally paid off. I would recommend it to everyone! Cheers!

• 20th May 2014
  • Serbia

the location is very good but it could be a little hard to find.

• 20th May 2014
  • Jordan

Great atmosphere, the staff were so friendly. The facilities are great & the place is alway clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 19th May 2014

Has a very unique style! Fun and "hip". Location was great... Only a block away from nice restaurants and night life. The showers and restrooms on the other hand were very dirty/moldy the whole time I was there even though there was always someone "cleaning". Also no wifi reception in the rooms. You had to go out into the hallway to get on the internet.

The people working there are so nice and helpful! They organise nights out with the others, so it is super easy to have fun and make new friends! The atmosphere was great, the hostel was clean and well situated, the train from the airport goes there. We had a great time in Barcelona!

• 17th May 2014
  • Lithuania

I found it dirty for my standards, and many hostel equipments were broken. There aren't power socks enough - something really needed by travelers. On the bright side, rooms are big and they help a lot with touristic information and attractions. Shower is excellent... Would not stay there again... despite it's being close to the subway, would rather stay closer to the beach or the Ramblas.

Very good hostel in the centre of Barcelona and easy to commute to via train/metro. Cracking location and the staff were very friendly and useful. Would recommend!

• 14th May 2014

This is the cutest hostel I've ever seen, amazing staff, great little patio and the decor is so cute and niche. Wish there was a Hipstel in every country!

Stayed 3 nights in the Hipstel and have zero complaints. The location and the staff couldn't have been better. I would stay there again the next time I am in Barcelona.

Lovely friendly people. Enjoyed our morning chats around the breakfast table in a relaxed atmosphere. What a perfect location to enjoy Barcelona! Great value for money. Go there it,s fabulous :)

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

great hostel! the staff is really nice and the location is great. the breakfast isntttt amazingggg but its free so

Great friendly atmosphere, the staff were lovely and the facilities were more than enough and very clean. One of the best hostels I've stayed in and excellent value!

• 29th Apr 2014

Nice and cozy hostel in the very center of Barcelona. Amiable staff and comfortable bed. Thanks for being yourself.

One of the showers was broken and the drains obstructed (which is kind of disgusting...). Also, the toilet booths could be cleaner (toilet seats were clean, but walls and door not so much). Besides that, the hostel is pretty good, and the staff very nice. One day I had the dinner, but I didn't like it. Even with the beer included. The Bar Crawl, differently from others I joined during my trip, actually takes you several bars. It was pretty fun.

Right in the middle of downtown, great accomodations and friendly staff, provided me all the info that I needed to make the most of my staying! From tips of non-turistical restaurants, signed maps for the best visits, insider´s view about the city! Thanks guys!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Very helpful and friendly staff who introduced the various sights of Barcelona to us quite well. Clean and safe with good facilities. Excellent location as well!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, next to many things: supermarket, restaurants, café, train stations... The showers are good, the staff is nice and helpful. The wifi was not so good, it just work in the reception.. and there is no plug enough in the rooms.

The hostel overbooked and didn't even notice until we got there! they told us to wait and they will find a place in another hostel for us. after 1 hour of waiting they told us we could stay at the hostel, but when we got to the room it was a twin bed and not double as we booked. All the guy had to say what that its not his fault... We didn't stay there

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

Staff were fantastic, so friendly that I really missed all of them when it came time to leave. Facilities were good but the weak wifi signal in rooms and shower rooms with hardly any privacy were two main issues. Overall a great hostel with great staff that I recommend to everyone.