The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Great location in a very cool building. Staff definitely make you feel welcome and are super helpful with recommendations and questions. The room itself could have been cleaner and the showers could use an update, but for the price and location it is not a bad deal. Loved our stay!

The staff were really friendly and cool, the place has a very stylish design and the cheap food every night is awesome. Bring a pair of swimming shorts for the showers because there's nowhere to get undressed : / Especially awkward when the maid's cleaning up in there.

The hostel was a nice surprise! The rooms are very clean, spacious and ventilated. Good location close to the city center and just a few steps from the metro station. The breakfast was not very good, bread and cheese would take forever to be replaced when it was finished, and not very much variety, but it was free when I stayed there, so it was ok! Overall, very good hostel for the price! I will stay there if I ever go back to Barcelona.

Staff was great and there was a nightly 5 euro meal that was typical regional dishes such as paella. They also organized a trip out where we met with another hostel which it was a great opportunity to have a fun night out with other travellers! There was a kitchen with dishes, a stove, and refrigerator that were moderately clean. A free coffee machine that worked most of the time was nice.

Dear Gerald, we just saw your good review! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your enthusiasm encourages us to keep on the same track! We are honored of being part of your unforgettable experience in Barcelona. We hope you are considering coming back soon and therefore, we want to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay! We wish to see you soon! Barcelona will stay right Where you left it ;-) Sincerely, Luisa from The Hipstel Staff

The Hipstel was the mosty welcoming, friendly, fun, unique hostel I've stayed us thus far in my travels. From the fun furniture and decor to the helpful and amusing staff, I would definitely recommend staying here and I'll be staying there again the next time I'm in Barcelona!

• 29th Oct 2013

Dear Alexandria, we just saw your good review! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your enthusiasm encourages us to keep on the same track! We are honored of being part of your unforgettable experience in Barcelona. We hope you are considering coming back soon and therefore, we want to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay! We wish to see you soon! Barcelona will stay right Where you left it ;-) Sincerely, Luisa from The Hipstel Staff

Hipstel has employed high standard staffs, as Hercules, Leo, and Justin, they have interesting personality energetic, involve their job 100%, responsible, smart, they treat guests more like friends, considerate, attentive helpful, knowledgeable, guests are satisfied with these male staffs, and I like them! Especially I appreciate they do solve problems of guests at their best in many ways. Therefore, sometimes they make guests are so pleased to stay longer than original plan. Fantastic Hostel!!

showers were broken, staff weren't welcoming, beds were small, pub crawl was terrible...

Lovely friendly staff, very helpful. Great location. Love the paella night. Wifi available and computer and printer also. Nice common area. More toilets/showers would be good though, that was a bit of a pain having to wait for the shower alot and also the breakfast wasnt great. I know it was free, but other hostels have way better options. Just some cereals and a toaster and spreads and fruit would be waaay better.

The best quality hostel Hipstel that makes guests stay here comfortably, in the most centrally located area. Nice walk to all main attractions. This hostel is suitable to all kinds of guests. Safe decent environment, Healthy breakfast, 5-7 euros delicious dinners, Good opportunity to meet other travellers from many countries. Peaceful and Lively too! Love to stay here!

Amazing place! I liked the style and the atmosphere very much! Also the staff is great...

• 22nd Oct 2013