The Hipstel Reviews

Carrer de Valencia 266, Barcelona, Spain

Amazing stay!

• 21st Oct 2015

Aside from how cramped the room was, my friend and I had a great stay. This is such a fun hostel with great staff and facilities. The bathrooms were very clean and the atmosphere was really cool. Great location, too. Would definitely recommend.

Cramped rooms , unsocial environment , No cooking facilitys , u pay for the nice ornaments on the wall thats about it , a bit over priced for what u get

• 13th Oct 2015

I had such an amazing time in Barcelona thanks to this awesome hostel. So close to the metro, and walking distance to most of the attractions. Rooms and bathrooms were always clean, dinner was great every night and the staff really made an effort to make you feel welcome. Don't hesitate to stay here!

A beard is not required to go here. Just saying. But the hostel is aesthetic. The atmosphere. The Value for your money. Good stuff. Only downsides i can think of is the sketchy wifi and the lack of being able to cook. Still would recommend though

Amazing hostel. Run by a great group of people to ensure you have a unforgettable time in barca.

Excellent Location for people who wants to know Barcelona, you can go by foot to many famous places like Casa Balletó, la Boqueria and the Plaza Cataluña. Very good staff, very attentive. I would go back always.

The staff are nice and helpful and the overall atmosphere of the hostel is great. The only problems are the light in the toilet will turn off automatically in about 15 seconds which is really annoying and we can't use the Kitchen for cooking.

Very happy with the service and quality of the hostel. Good attention from staff, and clean rooms, excellent location. Very grateful to the hostel staff for their kindness and sympathy! I had a great time in BCN!

• 11th Sep 2015

Great Li action and you have everything you need there ! I would recommend

Really good central location which made it way to go out anywhere nearby or get the metro right across the road to anywhere in town. The wifi works well in the rooms but not in the common area and the dinner is nothing special really but for 5euro I wouldn't complain. Swipe cards and 24 hr access were great but I think the winner for this hostel that made it special is the awesome staff!! Take some time to get to know them, they are a lot of fun :) thanks hipstel!

Great atmosphere! Nicely decorated to hang around, feel home and get to know people. Lots of light, terrace. very friendly staff, good dinner available. Also walking distance to placa Catalunya so really in the city centre. Loved it and recommend it to everybody who doesn't necessarily want to cook because they only have a "cold kitchen" available to guests. Also, don't forget a padlock for the lockers! I have come back several times cause I liked it so much there, also compared to other hostels

Staying at the Hipstel made our holiday in Barcelona even better! Everything is very clean, the rooms are big and the beds comfy. We loved the dining area and the location is perfect, close to La Rambla and metro station to go elsewhere in the city. For people who want to be able to cook there I gotta say there are limited options as you can't use the stove. This didn't really disturb us as we mostly ate outside of the hostel. Best thing: THE STAFF. Everyone was super friendly and amazing.

I booked a private room and it was small but good enough for one person for one night. However, the room did have a strange smell that wasn't very pleasant to me and there was only one electrical outlet hiding in an inconvenient location (in a corner behind the bed). The walls were pretty thin so you could every single word your neighbors say (luckily I'm a heavy sleeper). I would stay here again not necessarily for the rooms, but because of its great location.

We shared a room for 12 people and the atmosphere was excellent. The hostel was clean, helpfull staff, metro station 2 minutes walking. I had very good experience!

• 6th Sep 2015

Loved this hostel. The staff made it feel like a second home, thanks guys!. Great location - close enough to all the major attractions of the city. We had a wonderful stay and are so happy we chose the hostel. Great value!

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Estonia

The people working there are so nice and helpful! They organise nights out with the others, so it is super easy to have fun and make new friends! The atmosphere was great, the hostel was clean and well situated, close to metro station and bus. We had a great time in Barcelona!!

• 2nd Sep 2015

We find the hipstel by recommendation in hostelworld and we were planning to stay there for 3 night, we enter the room very small one without any window with a really basic bad another thing is that theres not enough toilet and bath room for all the 10 or eleven rooms in the second floor there is only one shared bathroom and you need to wait a long time. the thing that bothered us the most is that by accident we needed to leave Barcelona the hipstel refuse to give a refund for the two nights

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Israel

Excellent hostel!!! Very clean, great atmosphere it feels like everyone is friends with everyone, especially if you participate in the hostel activities (all of which are free except you may pay for what you eat and drink). The staff are all lovely and welcoming!

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

L'emplacement de l'auberge est vraiment top! situé à proximité de tout : transports : Bus en bas de l'immeuble et métro a 3min, restaurant, magasin. ..

• 30th Aug 2015