The Hive Backpackers' Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

I was very impressed with the atmosphere and service at The Hive when we stayed there for 4 nights. It's in an excellent location - only 6 minutes walk to Boon Keng MRT station, and is only a short stroll down to Lavender Street, and many shops and restaurants. Also a 20 minute stroll to Little India. Great value for Singapore, since it's an expensive city. Would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very clean hostel close to an MRT station for easy access to anywhere in Singapore. Rooms were large with good air con, beds were clean and lockers in the room were much appreciated.

Great location near in MRT station and in front of bus stop (bus 145), the room and bathroom was clean, it is quiet place so you can rest and sleep very well. It's nice to stay in Hive when you are visiting in Singapore and the rates are economically, the hostel crews are friendly and helpful. I just wanna say to mantain the cleaning in the room daily to avoid the accumulation of trash inside. So Thank you, Hive hostel.!

Lot of changes since my last stay in 2008... but it's a good changes. More choices of bathroom now, female, male, WC only, WC with bath. I'm surprise to have all these options in a budget hostel, worth for $$$!! I'll definitely go again if i visit Spore nxt time!;)

Overall it is a lovely, secure, clean hostel. It is a shame however that it does not seem to bring people together very much. The community space is not overly social, despite having a TV room. But my experience was that everyone just sits at their own table and does not mix much in the dinning table area. The location is close to the MRT, only a five minute walk which is convenient. The breakfast is good and reception very helpful. A nice hostel!

• 24th Feb 2014

Though the receptionist was makin me wait quite a long time, the rest is cool i guess...oh i like the concept of 'chalk board' on the wall at the lobby.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. We aim to serve our guest at the shortest time ever possible. We will continue to improve on our timing. =)

フレンドリーなスタッフ、清潔な設備、個人用ロッカー有り、シンガポールのホステル事情を考えると安価な値段、中心部に近い好立地、おまけに最寄り駅にも近い。周りには結構大きめのホーカーセンター有り。お勧めです。 Friendly staff,clean facility,having own locker, cheap price compared to other hostel, good location very close to mrt station and center city. Have hawker center nearby and other cheap place to eat. Highly recommended!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Japan

My time at The Hive was good. Although a centipede or millipede or whatever crawled on me during my shower, which is fine, but I just wasn't expecting it. Also, while I was there, there didn't seem to be a lot of hot water for showers. Also fine with me. Quite liked this place, and would return again.

wow! what an experience you had while showering! The Hive definitely welcomes you.. will get the heaters checked. Thanks for the feedback and see u! ;)

Pro: 12 Bed Dorm is quite big; close to MRT station (about 3 minute walk) and supermarket; friendly and helpful stuff; breakfast with cornflakes and toast = great; free tea and coffee all day long Con: quite cold in the rooms at night, A/C was not adjustable manually

It is an honour to have you at our hostel. We apologised for the cold night. If you are staying with us again, do let our staff get you an extra piece of blanket. :)

Very easy to find, people at front desk are lovely and very helpfull, they will show you the whole place and your room in the hostel. Lot of showers and toilets in the building and very clean. Good breakfast included and fast Wifi, quiet place and very relax. Will definitely come back.

Thanks for the lovely feedback. We are pleased to have you with us. will do our best to keep up the good work. :)

Instead of using complicated descriptions to your place, why don't you just use a map and short and clear description like that of the Chinese Box I stayed in Beijing. Even Chinese Box is much more difficult to find (in the alley), I still managed to find it. I got to Singapore at night and even the local taxi driver could not understand your description. We were struggling to find the place.

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff, my only issue was a green exit sign next to my head that stayed on all night. There was one door and you could see the door from every bed so you just couldn't forget where it was. I put a blanket over my head but I was cold so I just accepted the green exit sign but if I stayed again I would ask them to turn off the sign or for an extra blanket to cover the face

Hi, we are sorry the green exit sign is giving u sleepless nights. The sign is part of the safety regulations we have to follow.We would most willingly give an extra blanket or even change you to another bed/room if we know of this problem. Hope to have you back with us soon. :)

1 guest was very unhappy because it is advertised as air conditioned however it does not switch on until the evening. There's the cost saving benefit however it is important not to misrepresent the truth in advertising a hostel. We booked early, a family of 3, however walk ins were given all the bottom bunks. The staff found us a new dorm otherwise we would be spread out and not close together which was frightening for my son. It would be better to make groups fill up both top & bottom bunks.

• 25th Dec 2013

Hi, we apologise for the misinterpretation of information. On A hot day with special request, the air conditioners will be on. We can never have a perfect template in room allocation as some prefer the lower bunk, some prefer the upper bunk. If we are able to, we will do our best to satisfy every of our guest. Special request can be made with booking of rooms. :)

Internet range make it almost useless outside the common area. This is quite annoying if you want to lay in bed after a long day and surf

Hi, this is a surprise to us. The poor connection could be due to server problem. We have no complain thus far of poor connection in the room. Rest assured this will be looked into.

good for the price

Staff were very friendly and helpful for directions Need to walk a bit for first timer going there anyway directions to the hostel are very clear

Thanks for the review. We would do our best to help our guest. :)

good located, 5min walk to the next MRT station. close to chinatown, marina bay. free wifi, even in the dorms. free breakfast. no kitchen for cooking. you only get in with a card, also in the dorms. so very secure. a quite small hostel with friendly staff. air con and fan in the dorms.

The hostel was very clean and the staff were friendly! We actually booked the hostel as it was advertised as having a 'kitchen' but this only consisted of a microwave and a toaster so we were disappointed that we couldn't cook our own meals (though we later realised this seems to be the case across hostels in Singapore). The TV room was a nice chill out place and the beds were comfortable. Only 1-2 of the 3 computers seemed to be working at any one time. Still, a cool place to stay.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Hi, we apologized for the misunderstanding and your disappointment in not able to have a "cooking kitchen". Am happy that you love our TV room and beds. New computers are definitely coming in! =)

definitely would stay here again on my next trip to singapore

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

We are delighted with your comment. =) We definitely want to see you back with us on your next visit to Singapore!

Very good service and helpful staff. I would like to see better cleanliness as I saw cockroaches in the corridor.

← Back to search results