The Hive Hostel Reviews

55 Stirling Street, Perth, Australia

located within 5 minutes walking distance from northbridge which is where the bars and many restaurants are. the CAT bus which is a free bus loop service is within 50 meters of the hostel. they provide free wifi at all times. the hostel may not be the cleanest but you get good value for money considering. there is a jobs board to help anyone looking for a job and foxtel on the tv. would recommend getting a 4 share dorm room as they all have ac

• South Korea

cheap hostel with friendly people. the best thing about this hostel was the location

• Estonia

The Hive has free wifi, friendly staff. Nearby to the WACA for the cricket world cup

• New Zealand

Guests were all really nice and atmosphere was very good compared to most hostels .

• New Zealand

Wifi, good atmosphere, facilities okay, staff are friendly, all you need for a good time in Perth.

• 11th Feb 2015

Stayed with a few other guys. We enjoyed our stay, good atmosphere in the backyard, close walking to everything, bars, clubs, restaurants, public library which have free computers when the wifi is slow.

• 11th Feb 2015

Really love the atmosphere here. Great weekly rates available and free wifi. It is a backpackers the cleanliness is okay and has everything you need kitchen, linen, ect.

• Albania

Found a home in the hive for the second time now. I chose it because it was the most affordable hostel with great location and even though I'd planned leaving Perth after two nights I ended up staying four weeks. I had an amazing time, met some great people who I'll be friends with even after i leave the hive. Would come back every time I visit Perth. Great atmosphere, parties in the backyard and shops, public transport and nightlife are just around the corner.

• 29th Dec 2014

Das Hostel ist dreckig, unhygienischn und laut. Da es ein Partyhostel ist, ist Kotze ein alltäglicher begleiter! Die Mitarbeiter kümmern sich weder um die Anlage, noch um die Gäste. Kein Platz um Menschen kennen zulernen da die meisten Bewohner dort arbeiten. Auch wenn es billig ist sollte man sein Geld dort lieber nicht investieren!! Sehr enttäuschender Aufenthalt

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Where to start? Lazy staff, constantly close reception, small and very smelli

We arrived( 3 people) Saturday afternoon 9/11/14, to check in 2eate dorms, even though we had booked 3 people in a 4bed mixed dorm. 'When you book on-line its no guaranteed you get what book' we were told by the receptionist/ manager/in charge, and whatever many titles this person held. If that's the case it should be stated on your website. NO LOCK IN MY DORM,BLOOD STAINED MATRESS PROTECTOR-UNACCEPTABLE,UNSAFE,UN-HYGIENIC

The hive was really like a hive for most of the time I was there, buzzing with activity. And though it is mainly a party and working hostel there are adequate rules to prevent too much havoc. Lovely staff. The facilities were clean and worked. Rooms not spotless. One night the street right outside was barricaded, with a stage set up and a live DJ show loud enough to shake the walls until 4am. No fault of the hostel, and would have been loud at all nearby hostels too.

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Very dirty and the staff is not really friendly.

• 19th Nov 2014

It's was great, plates are few and far between, but overall great

• 10th Nov 2014

They lost the booking so ended up staying at their sister hostel the Wombat Had major issues with a broken bed - tried to get it fixed however I was personally put on my last warning for so called making a fuss. Eventually I did get someone who came in and fixed the screw however it fell out again on my last night so overall had to spend two nights out of five sleeping on a mattress on the floor The bathroom was not clean - had mould growing out of the sink and the so called staff

Got it really cheap online but wouldn't wanna stay there again. It's really complicated to go for a shower, room was small and dark, my bed was the squeakiest ever and somebody stole stuff out of my room.

• 4th Nov 2014

WHAT A CRACK DEN - this was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in by far. The room hadn't been cleaned, the old sheets were still on the bed, I was handed my own sheets to put on & they actually asked me if I wanted the old ones taken off. Are you kidding me??? the staff were slow, and lazy, I stood at reception for about half an hour before I was helped, despite looking around and asking cleaning staff. Bathrooms were absolutely disgusting, roof falling in, mouldy. YUK. Avoid at all costs.

• 30th Oct 2014

Bed bugs!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful but i had to leave after first as attacked badly by bed bugs! Clearly happened before to other people, its a bug problem they need to fix ASAP!!!!

if you want live with bedbugs, just go there.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Bathrooms were filthy. Place didnt look at all like photos, very run down and staff gave very wrong and bad info on how to get to the airport. Beds squeaked with every movement and woke the whole room up. One of the worst hostels ive stayed in.