The Hive Hostel Reviews

55 Stirling Street, Perth, Australia

if you want live with bedbugs, just go there.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Bathrooms were filthy. Place didnt look at all like photos, very run down and staff gave very wrong and bad info on how to get to the airport. Beds squeaked with every movement and woke the whole room up. One of the worst hostels ive stayed in.

Stayed in a 8 out dorm type room,, there was no major problem except when i went for a shower in the am around 9:30 the water was near on cold, under lukewarm. The rooms could of been lock coded, cleaner needs to be fired and no parking available , service was good and for the price and location it was worth the stay and yes i would stay there again if the opertunity was needed.. Thanks hive , 6 and a half out of 10

• 29th Aug 2014

Really good place.

There were giant holes in the ceiling, which was caving in in places, incredibly noisy, the toilets/ shower rooms had no sinks or mirrors, and the showers were so cramped when the guy in he cubicle next door urinated on the floor I had to jump out of the way, the whole place was like a half finished building site, I presume "the Hive" is cockney rhyming slang for dive because this is the worst hostel I stayed in in 13 months of traveling.

• 11th Aug 2014

Great atmosphere, one big family!

• 12th Jul 2014

German staff sucks in Oz, not tolerant at all! If u come here u wanna have easy going! Price is sometimes in the internet cheaper than in the hostel! Weekly deal sucks! There are security cams but one guy came in easily and took the bag of a friend of mine: wallet, passport, laptop gone... On the weekend it's noisy until 2am in some rooms; next door is a night club. Bed bugs included in some beds! Shower sometimes not warm! Shower, Kitchen and living room are fine for hostel

• 27th May 2014

The hostel is a bit run down, could really do with being updated. The window in my room was very poor at blocking out the noise from the people partying in the courtyard, and I hardly slept the 3 nights I was there. The staff were really helpful and so nice. Most of the people at the hostel are working in Perth, and therefore hard to make friend. Location is great easy access to everything.

If your a fan of having bugs in your bed then this is the hostel for you! I stayed here 2 nights of my 7 booked and the beds were riddled with bugs. I asked for my money back which they originally said they would give me the money back in for of a voucher to stay here another time! However then they rang the manager and he sorted it out. I was still moving my stuff out of the room (before the 11am checkout) and they attempted to move a guy into my bed without cleaning it! I warned him.

• 2nd May 2014