The Hive Hostel

Good 325 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
4.0

We chose this hostel was because it advertised an airport shuttle. When we arrived we were told that service was stopped months ago. Bathrooms were filthy, wifi wouldn't load anything it was so slow, and there were dirty dishes left in the kitchen. Security was pretty good but we weren't given the code to get back in after hours!!! Loud nightclub next door playing music until 3am. Don't stay here if you have an early start the next day. Would only recommend for the location, but I won't be back.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
4th Jun 2017

Enjoyable hostel which is making a lot of improvements. the staff were informative and the location was very near the city and train station

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
4th Jun 2017

Walking distance to the city centre. This dated hostel has free use of computers and wifi throughout. Staff were both friendly and helpful. Would recommend to traveling especially if your traveling alone

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th May 2017

Cheapest hostel in perth and the quality wasnt too bad. Everything was well explained at check-in. Free wifi through and a nice pool table to play on. The hostel was given a bar voucher for the evening so 10 people from the hostel went out for a great night. I recommend it for meeting new people or people who you may travel north with later on.

5th May 2017
3.4

The hostel is pretty dirty, showers, kitchen, common area and rooms.. There are almost only long-term stayers here and that makes hem create "nests" in their rooms. We had to make our own beds on arrival. Staff put my backpack in a wet luggage room so 1/3 of my backpack and everything in it was soaked when I came to pick it up again.. Would never even consider staying here again.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017
7.4

I've been to the billabong hostel and the facilities were really nice but unfortunately it was too big to meet new people because they were already in groups and not really open for new backpacker. In The Hive Hostel it was pretty much the opposite. Really great people, a small hostel and pretty cheap but not really nice facilities. If you want to have a great time- go there! (Ah! And there are not so many Germans or French bye the way- even when I'm german. 😅)

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

Hi guys I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly and advised me places to go by bus. The location is very convenient and I had a locker. The common areas are clean, had 2 kitchens. Met other friendly travellers. Overall enjoyed my stay, I'll be back :)

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Apr 2017
4.9

Fix the sink and toilet seat and mirror and add hooks and shelves in bathroom near room 11. Put bulb in reading light and add shelves and wall hooks in room 11. Tell people to be quiet after 11 pm. Tell people stop slamming doors. Tell people to be considerate of others sleeping. Clean the trash up everywhere and in back car park. Organize and communicate. I'll never stay there again. It's too bad cause I really like the name of the place.

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2017
5.4

I stayed in a private room and there was only 1 toilet/shower for multiple rooms and it was dirty and smelly. One evening I came back and my room door had almost been knocked off the hinges, as if someone had been trying to break down the door. Guy at reception couldn't tell me why but was very apologetic, it was fixed within 24 hours but still left me feeling slightly unsafe. People and staff were nice enough, just felt a bit unloved overall!

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
19th Mar 2017
4.6

Showers dirty No toilet seats. All in bathrooms not up to scratch