The Hive Singapore Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

It is very accessible. When I went out of MRT station, I could see this hostel in front of a grass-field. The staff members are helpful and nice. They advised me to walk along Serangoon Road to reach some supermarkets and stores. Further walking can proceed to community near Litter India. The security access is good by using chip card. Here's only hot water is provided. I required to fill it in my bottle for waiting for cooling. Please check the internet connection as I find it is unsteady.

The hive has expanded over the years, but its character hasn't changed. Its a basic, good value for money hostel. Not a party hostel, but good place to sort yourself out before moving on. Decent breakfast and good WiFi. Helpful staff. Subway and shopping nearby.

the room is good, it's clean. but the bathroom is so dirty. location is good, near bus stop and mrt.

Right next to the MRT making it convenient to get around. Kitchen was kept clean but I did notice some ants but not enough to he an issue for me. Bathrooms weren't always stocked with toilet paper. Room was a bit messy from previous guests and took a couple of days to be cleaned. That being said, as a budget hostel I think the facilities were quite fine. Laundry was excellent, good WiFi, toast and cereal for breakfast, complimentary tea and coffee all day, and friendly, approachable staff.

Location is ok, maybe 20 minute walk to get to the start of things such as little india. Toast for breakfast. Everything was fine. Just another hostel, nothing superb and nothing awful

Came back two days later after checkout to see if I could use WIFI for my laptop, and was admitted in with no problem. Awesome staff and the hostel itself too!

I had a fun stay at the Hive. The experience could have been better but it was still one of my best experiences in Singapore.

• 19th May 2014
  • India

It is save for female solo traveller

• 18th May 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff was very helpful and super friendly. I liked the complimentary breakfast was pretty wonderful and I had an excellent time - stay here!

• 11th May 2014

for a hostel that wants to constantly improve its service, the owners should note that the internet connection is VERY POOR. this is annyoying for tavellers wanting to book flights and meet people. it worked less than 25% of the time, to the point had to walk 5 mins down the and pay for an internet cafe. also irrespective of what they say, the location is not very good at all. its not even close enough to make it on the tourist map. my dorm also smelt quite badly. great free breakfast tho..

We apologize for the poor connection, this comes as a surprise to us as well because we recently upgraded our network infrastructure to optic fiber and it has served our guests well thus far. Thanks for the feedback so we can further improve.

Prefer separate bathroom for females so that it is more convenient for us Muslims. We only had 1 fan in a 6-beds dorm room, hence it was quite hot and sweaty. However, staff are all very helpful :)

Great location, not far from the central parts of Singapore. MRT station on North East Line which is very convenient. Nice with breakfast, although very basic (coffee with sugar in it, not a favorite!). Would recommend this place, has lot's of facilities we did not have time to use.

This place is fairly convenient. Not in the center of anything but for how small Singapore is and how convenient the subway - it makes not much difference. The showers are a bit inconvenient as separate from room and in the hallway. The rooms are kept nice and clean.

Good wifi. Good forgetting around as 2mins away from MRT. Free tea / coffee all day. Goos showers. Clean toilets. A/c rooms. Simple rooms. Not much atmostphere, not much chatting with other guests. Didn't find anywhere great to eat in the area but MRT is 2 mins away and we were out all day any way so not a prob. Toast, cornflakes, peanut butter and jam, help yourself, fill up.

it was a pleasant stay, staff is really nice and helpful. the location is really convenient. it is situated just next to the metro.

Nice hostel, located in Little India close to subway station. Good quality/price ratio. very basic breakfast, only with bread, coffee and tea. bathrooms okay.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really nice clean hostel. Staff were really friendly and helpful with information about Singapore. Showers are great and they have a self service breakfast which is also really good. Location is in little India and also 5 minute walk to nearest mrt station. Really good security have to use card to get into building at al times. Telly was a bit weird not all the channels worked.

I was very impressed with the atmosphere and service at The Hive when we stayed there for 4 nights. It's in an excellent location - only 6 minutes walk to Boon Keng MRT station, and is only a short stroll down to Lavender Street, and many shops and restaurants. Also a 20 minute stroll to Little India. Great value for Singapore, since it's an expensive city. Would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Apr 2014

No words can describe our feelings towards your fantastic stay with us. We wish to see you again!

Very clean hostel close to an MRT station for easy access to anywhere in Singapore. Rooms were large with good air con, beds were clean and lockers in the room were much appreciated.

We appreciate the nice feedback given to us. The Hive welcomes you always. =)

Very Clean Hostel and I feel Hospitality, the Hive also in Great location between 2 MRT, near mustafa centre.