7.8
Very Good 894 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 894 Total Reviews
The Hive Singapore Hostel Located at 624 Serangoon Road, , Singapore.
Singapore
Singapore 218223 624 Serangoon Road
78% 894
1.3155830 103.8587379
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
16th May 2016
6.3

The staff were really sweet but it's definitely not a backpackers hostel. Most people there were living there long term from other Asian countries. I stayed one night but couldn't stay another because it was just so quiet & nonsocial. No one to talk to & there were cockroaches in the room.

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
7th May 2016
4.9

This is the third time I visited SG and stayed in a hostel. The first two were cheap, cozy, clean with early and abundant breakfast. Hive, however, is only cheap but the rest are exact opposite of the first two. We need to tour early so we cannot enjoy the free Breakfast served only from 8:30am which is limited to only bread, cereal and coffee. The bed was ok but the toilet was dirty and showers are damaged. I saw unflashed bowls so many times and w/ GOLD sometimes. Staff is often unavailable.

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

The lady at the counter was very helpful, there is a relaxing room where you can watch tv and relax on comfy sofas which was great and also good wifi in the rooms aswell, free breakfast which is also good. The beds were decent, but the only bad thing was you have to make your own bed like put the bed sheets on and that before you could sleep, and also facilities to do your washing for free :), I would highly recommend it.

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
7.7

My experience was good. The staff was kind and competent. The breakfast was ready at 8:00AM everyday. I liked the cleanliness of the hostel, especially the shower areas. The rooms were good but since they allow shoes in the rooms the floor is a little dirty, but not too bad. Some things that detracted from the hostel were the amount of long-term guests staying in the room that left early in the morning and woke me up. Overall, a good XP that would suit most people.

• E_salter1990
  • England, Couple, 25-30
7th Apr 2016

Great value for Singapore. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms were big and clean. The air conditioning was good and fans were also available. Breakfast was basic but good and free tea and coffe all day was nice. The could have been a few more showers. And the wifi was a bit hit and miss. Good location and really secure.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2016
6.3

The hostel was very safe and secure and the staff was friendly. This was not a youth hostel and there were many old people living in the mixed dorms. The bathroom was very, very unclean and unpleasant and there were many cockroaches and bugs. Nice location and breakfast provided and overall very cheap for Singapore.

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
19th Mar 2016
6.6

overall it's all good. I made friends in the room I've stayed and other guests were nice too. aircon didn't on but there's a fan so I could sleep well. the bathroom is plenty but not really clean.

• Vietnam, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Mar 2016

This is the 1st time I travel to Singapore & The Hive is the best hostel which i have chosen. The Hive is near MRT, Bus station & food court in Little India The public space (reception / kitchen...) is very nice & make me feel like home. The staff was friendly. Say "thank you" to Abhee :)

• England, Female, 31-40
15th Mar 2016

Happy to find accommodation this reasonable for Singapore, and prepared for very basic/tolerable experience. My concerns were unfounded and on arrival I felt completely at home. Staff were very friendly and all facilities (all extras included in rate) were at my disposal - a 'no hassle' experience which meant I really enjoyed my stay. I would be happy to stay longer.

5th Mar 2016
7.7

I had received a offer and stayed at this hostel well looking for a place to live. I thought the place was wonderful. Workspace was ample. There were computers available for use. The free breakfast was also very helpful. the room I was in , mimosa, was very large and cool. The biggest drawback about this place is that the wireless is not reliable at all and I was lucky to have a Singapore number with prepaid data plan. Wi-Fi is the one thing that would stop me from coming again.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! Your feedback is important to us to make our service improve. Regards with the wifi, it is very challenging because of the structure of the building but we are trying to work it out in the best way we can. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. Once again, thank you and we do hope to see you again here at The Hive in your next visit in Singapore.