The Hive Singapore Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Friendly and helpful staff, easy to find. All in all it was worth the money.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Very nice hostel, free breakfast which is nice, and free laundry service!! Only thing, wifi is a bit crappy. But that's all :) nice hostel

This hostel was very average. The staff was minimally helpful, the WIFI was spotty, the breakfast was bland, the location was just out of the way enough to be uninteresting, the beds were adequately comfortable, but they squeaked and made noise all night, the A/C was just enough to make the rooms slightly cooler than outside, the showers and toilets worked. In short, I can't say that the hostel was terrible, but I would definitely would not say that it was excellent, it was just plain average.

nice location and closed from bus stop and mrt but the toilet not too clean when i came there..

I had a wonderful stay here. The only thing that bothers me is the cleanliness of the toilet,.either that the users need to be taught how to use the toilet or the toilet needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.

No comments

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

A little problem with the reservation of 2 rooms for a group, but finally we were separate into 3 rooms with others people. The staff is very helpful and kind. The breakfast is very light. The atmosphere is cool.

• 12th Jan 2016

Nice hostel to stay at! Lovely staff and a nive living room/kitchen area

Its a basic hostel and in need of a facelift but then it wouldn't be the cheapest in the city. It has free air con, free wifi, free breakfast(toast and cereal), and the clincher for me; free laundry! Staff are reallu friendly too I'm a big fan of this hostel and I would highly recommend it

This hostel was fine except from the atmosphere. Apart from the non-existant group activites, this is something that The Hive cannot help as a business. For the few people that were there, everyone had the 'headphones in, no eye-contact' attitude which was really sad because i felt very alone for the 4 days that i stayed at The Hive. Despite this, the staff were helpful and nice, the wifi is very good (40mb/s), and it is located 5 mins walk from Boon Keng metro station.

The place is pretty close to a mrt station, but the mrt station was a bit far from the center of the city. There's a nice mall a bit of a walk down the street too. The facilities were pretty good, nothing too good nothing too bad. The atmosphere was very quiet. No one was talking to anyone else, so I'd say it's more for people who want a nice quiet rest rather than a party. This worked in my favor since I had just come from a 17 hour flight and I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

Terrible dirty place with no service at all.Cocroches running everywhere, toilettes discusting, rabbish in th room never picked up (3 days), please dont recommend this hostel to nobody.Recommend the owner to clean the place first of all.No respect.When i complain, agressive attitude from Ayu at the reception.really sad experience....

I stayed two nights at the Hive Hostel in Singapore. It is a really good location as it's close to the Boon Keng mrt station which will take you all over Singapore. Has some good restaurants near by. Singapore is expensive to begin with, so I guess $25 for a hostel dorm w/ breakfast included is standard in Singapore. The showers have excellent pressure and hot - but the facilities need to be fixed. Lots of door locks broken for the showers - toilets a bit dirty. A/C broken in room. Breakfast ok.

The wifi needs some work but the place in general was very pleasant!

The Hive Hostel serves as my second home during my stay in Singapore. The place is very safe and accessible because it's near to MRT station and malls. I appreciate the kindness of warmth accommodation of the staff form day 1 until day 7. I highly recommend this place to all backpackers and travelers.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Excellent wifi. Helpful staff. Bathrooms needed a bit of a clean. Great value for money!

Thank you for pleasant stay my first time in Singapore.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Nice hostel, not far away from Little India. Cornflakes and Toast with Peanut butter and Jam for breakfast...love it!

One of the air conditioner at our room is broken when we arrived. So its pretty hot at night, i dont know why the staff didn't fix that problem before. Maybe what makes it better is that the location near Boon Keng Station, about 300-350 metres. Breakfast is average, corn flakes, milk, tea, coffee, but not much jam variation.

Dear, thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the aircon breakdown, it was in good working condition before you arrival. We will check on the air con more regularly. Thank you.

We have to put on linen ourselves the first time we arrive, we have to bring down all the linen and blanket on the day we check out. The toilet and shower is dirty and smelly, maybe they did not clean it everyday. Breakfast is the same every day, only white coffe mix, tea, milk, cereal, bread with mixfruit jam and peanut butter only. The staff are not helpful, not friendly, rude. The 5 of us should stay in seperated room, or pay another bed if we want to stay in one room together.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Dear, we are sorry that you have found us unsuitable for your stay in Singapore. We have tried to accommodate to your requests but we are unable to put your male guests into the female dorm as there are other female guests occupying the dorm. We hope you can find a better place next time. Thank you and take care.

« first « Prev 1 2 3