The Hive Singapore Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Great staff, free wifi, free adapter(BF type), free breakfast, free coffee and tea.......I could get anything what I want. This hostel was awesome!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Computers with Internet are free but it was programmed in Android and the staff can do nothing about it. ANDRIOD IS FOR TABLET, BUT NOT FOR COMPUTERS! please respect to those guests who have no experience how to use tablets. Thank you!

Clean and basic. Good value for price. 10 min subway ride to downtown and a close walk to the mustafa 24 hr mall.

A very nice hostel with good and charm staff. I will stay here if i go to S'pore again.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

It's understandable the price is a bit steep since it's Singapore. It's close to an MRT station and generally clean. Mattress is a bit hard and putting on the bed sheet was a big struggle since it was slightly smaller than the mattress. Lockers are smaller than average and have no slots to put in padlocks (or maybe we're wrong-we couldn't figure it out anyhow).

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

really convenient~near the MRT and the supermarket. the breakfast is ok:jam,bread and milk is delicious BUT the computer,especially the Internet, is slower than a snail.

The girl staff who welcomed me at reception was very kind and helpful. The facilities were good, the free breakfast was the best value. The location was very strategic, although the nearest MRT (Ben Koong Station) was quite far to walk ( 300m), but there might be other bus shuttle near hostel. I would like to stay again someday.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Great hostel, awesome staff, so helpful and friendly, they definitely made our stay! The facilities were good, lots of showers and toilets, big common area and the free breakfast was a bonus.

The breakfast had peanut butter, which we were extremely excited about. The hostel was good and comfortable - decent dorm rooms, great security features with a scan card, good showers, and pretty close to the MRT station and right near Little India. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a decent cheap stay in Singapore.

Nothing to complain about, except maybe the beds, honestly felt like sleeping on the floor. But besides that everything was good. Free breakfast is always appreciated😊

Thank you for your review. Our mattress (quality Seahorse brand) comes with two different hardness, soft on one side and medium on the other. The medium side is always always on the top as we want to prolong the lifespan. However, if you think the mattress is too hard for you, we can always turn it to the other side. Please let us know in future if the mattress does not suit you. We are committed to providing you a good night rest. We look forward to host you again!

The Hive Singapore Hostel is a great hostel! It has all the facilities you need as a backpacker; a room where you can watch movies / hang out, nice staff, clean rooms, good bathrooms and breakfast.

Thank you for your kind words! We will keep improving ourselves!

the location is good. but its just dirty

Hi Florian, thank you for your review. It will be good if you can let us know more about our cleanliness so we can improve on. Thank you.

The facilities were decent but the state of cleanliness spoiled it for me. I saw a mouse running across the counter where the free breakfast was served. I wasn't too sure of the mouse had ever run across the jam tops and toasters so I decided against eating breakfast thereafter. I also saw evidence of cockroaches in my room on account of cockroach droppings and a discarded skin of the cockroach among my belongings.

We are very sorry that you have encountered this. We never had any cases of rodents before and this is definitely the first time. We have engaged a pest control company right after and we hope it will not happen again in future. We would like to reassure you that our hostel will maintain the highest level of cleanliness so that all our guests and you can have a nice holiday in singapore. We sincerely apologise for this matter and we really hope to hear from you again.

It is very accessible. When I went out of MRT station, I could see this hostel in front of a grass-field. The staff members are helpful and nice. They advised me to walk along Serangoon Road to reach some supermarkets and stores. Further walking can proceed to community near Litter India. The security access is good by using chip card. Here's only hot water is provided. I required to fill it in my bottle for waiting for cooling. Please check the internet connection as I find it is unsteady.

Thank you for your kind comments. I am sorry our staff might have not told you that the tap water in Singapore is very clean to drink. We will relate this to the rest of our guests. Thank you.

The hive has expanded over the years, but its character hasn't changed. Its a basic, good value for money hostel. Not a party hostel, but good place to sort yourself out before moving on. Decent breakfast and good WiFi. Helpful staff. Subway and shopping nearby.

Thank you for your kind comments! We really appreciate it!

the room is good, it's clean. but the bathroom is so dirty. location is good, near bus stop and mrt.

Thank you for your comments. We will definitely work on the bathroom. Really hope to hear from you again. Thank you.

Right next to the MRT making it convenient to get around. Kitchen was kept clean but I did notice some ants but not enough to he an issue for me. Bathrooms weren't always stocked with toilet paper. Room was a bit messy from previous guests and took a couple of days to be cleaned. That being said, as a budget hostel I think the facilities were quite fine. Laundry was excellent, good WiFi, toast and cereal for breakfast, complimentary tea and coffee all day, and friendly, approachable staff.

Thank you for your kind words! It really make our day!

I chose the hostel since it was the cheapest one in Singapore at the time with no reports on bed bugs. While it tends to be expensive to stay in Singapore, the location was OK and the hostel clean. It didn't exactly have a "backpacker-vibe" and I wouldn't recommend it if you travel alone and want to meet people.

Location is ok, maybe 20 minute walk to get to the start of things such as little india. Toast for breakfast. Everything was fine. Just another hostel, nothing superb and nothing awful

Thank you for your kind comments! We hope to do better in the future!