The Hive Singapore Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Very nice staff and good value for money, however the staff is not always there, leaving the luggage behind the counter unattended.

The location is easy to find, nice place for taking a rest and the scenery around the hostel is beautiful

I found the little animals such as cockroach and mice that came into room in the morning. But overall the service was good.

The atmosphere is catchy, if I want the same price in the future, this is the place I'd go! Did forgot to write on the blackboard walls, though.

5 minute walk to mrt, clean, free breakfast, good wifi, overall good place to stay

Great hostel. Very reasonable price, awesome staff, and ideal location. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to visit Singapore.

Hi Hostelworld.com Team, I arrived at The Hive as planned on 8 Jan. 2015, but stayed an extra day, leaving on Fri 10 Jan.2015. I stayed in the Mimosa room on the ground floor in a bottom bunk. This was ideal for my requirements being 69 years old and mobility challenged. The young lady on reception, Huiqing was very helpful and an excellent ambassador for Singapore. In future visits to Singapore this would be an ideal place for me to stay. Kind Regards, PJ Loughman.

• 7th Jan 2015

Good hostel. Good value for money. Staff was great. The hostel has a lot of common space enough for the parties and for the lone web browsing. Small lesson: It's better not to forget about security still, even despite being is super safe Singapore. Smb took the charger of one guy in the common room while he wasn't looking. It can happen in any hostel and in any part of the world. Need to be careful about own stuff.

The staff were very nice and the people there were pretty good. The only issue I really had would be some guests seemed to be lacking etiquette when staying in a hostel. Up late at night rummaging through lockers and bags or turning on the light and leaving it on while others are trying to sleep. The free breakfast was nice but the wifi was patchy at times and a bit frustrating. The computers running on android were a bit ridiculous too. Overall a great place to stay if cash is tight.

A quite basic hotel were one got all the necessary features. Nothing extraordinarie but a decent place to stay.

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff were wonderful. Free laundry was definitely a bonus too. The only complaints I had were the slight stench in the dorm room probably the result of having a variety of occupants and all the belongings in one same enclosed space, and the occasionally shaky WiFi.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hive. Staff were really kind and helpful. Being so close to an MRT station is great. Felt like our stuff was really safe there, with good security. Would definitely stay again.

Situated at a walking distance from some main attractions of Little India. The girl at the reception was adorable. The dorm I stayed in (a 10 person dorm) was very cramped, the AC was hardly working, it was hot, stuffy and very stinking inside. I wouldn't go there again.

sometimes words cannot describe how awesome something was . . . . It was great guys/girls hope to see you all again next year

• 3rd Dec 2014

2nd time to stay here, for total of 14nights. One of the best hostels so far, and it's a real value for money. I'd definitely pick this hostel whenever I visit Singapore.

good location. the young girl working the desk in the mornings was great. she was always cheerful and laughing. free breakfast was cereal and toast with jam. hot showers. I would recommend this place and would stay again.

Really friendly staff and good atmosphere in the hostel. The beds in the dorm were fine, but needed individual bed lights and it was sometimes a bit dirty. The bathrooms were mostly clean, although this seemed to be variable. The wifi was good, but the computers provided were pretty useless, they had a phone style operating system and hardly connected to the internet. Liked the free printing. Breakfast was boring and the area looked a bit dirty, so we went out.

Very good place to stay! Good atmosphere, really nice staff and central location close to subway! Free international phone calls were very helpful. Only weak point is that wifi is somewhat unstable sometimes. Overall I would recommend it!

Great staff, free wifi, free adapter(BF type), free breakfast, free coffee and tea.......I could get anything what I want. This hostel was awesome!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Computers with Internet are free but it was programmed in Android and the staff can do nothing about it. ANDRIOD IS FOR TABLET, BUT NOT FOR COMPUTERS! please respect to those guests who have no experience how to use tablets. Thank you!