The Hive Singapore Hostel Reviews

624 Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Nothing to complain about, except maybe the beds, honestly felt like sleeping on the floor. But besides that everything was good. Free breakfast is always appreciated😊

The Hive Singapore Hostel is a great hostel! It has all the facilities you need as a backpacker; a room where you can watch movies / hang out, nice staff, clean rooms, good bathrooms and breakfast.

Thank you for your kind words! We will keep improving ourselves!

the location is good. but its just dirty

The facilities were decent but the state of cleanliness spoiled it for me. I saw a mouse running across the counter where the free breakfast was served. I wasn't too sure of the mouse had ever run across the jam tops and toasters so I decided against eating breakfast thereafter. I also saw evidence of cockroaches in my room on account of cockroach droppings and a discarded skin of the cockroach among my belongings.

We are very sorry that you have encountered this. We never had any cases of rodents before and this is definitely the first time. We have engaged a pest control company right after and we hope it will not happen again in future. We would like to reassure you that our hostel will maintain the highest level of cleanliness so that all our guests and you can have a nice holiday in singapore. We sincerely apologise for this matter and we really hope to hear from you again.

It is very accessible. When I went out of MRT station, I could see this hostel in front of a grass-field. The staff members are helpful and nice. They advised me to walk along Serangoon Road to reach some supermarkets and stores. Further walking can proceed to community near Litter India. The security access is good by using chip card. Here's only hot water is provided. I required to fill it in my bottle for waiting for cooling. Please check the internet connection as I find it is unsteady.

Thank you for your kind comments. I am sorry our staff might have not told you that the tap water in Singapore is very clean to drink. We will relate this to the rest of our guests. Thank you.

The hive has expanded over the years, but its character hasn't changed. Its a basic, good value for money hostel. Not a party hostel, but good place to sort yourself out before moving on. Decent breakfast and good WiFi. Helpful staff. Subway and shopping nearby.

Thank you for your kind comments! We really appreciate it!

the room is good, it's clean. but the bathroom is so dirty. location is good, near bus stop and mrt.

Thank you for your comments. We will definitely work on the bathroom. Really hope to hear from you again. Thank you.

Right next to the MRT making it convenient to get around. Kitchen was kept clean but I did notice some ants but not enough to he an issue for me. Bathrooms weren't always stocked with toilet paper. Room was a bit messy from previous guests and took a couple of days to be cleaned. That being said, as a budget hostel I think the facilities were quite fine. Laundry was excellent, good WiFi, toast and cereal for breakfast, complimentary tea and coffee all day, and friendly, approachable staff.

Thank you for your kind words! It really make our day!

I chose the hostel since it was the cheapest one in Singapore at the time with no reports on bed bugs. While it tends to be expensive to stay in Singapore, the location was OK and the hostel clean. It didn't exactly have a "backpacker-vibe" and I wouldn't recommend it if you travel alone and want to meet people.

Location is ok, maybe 20 minute walk to get to the start of things such as little india. Toast for breakfast. Everything was fine. Just another hostel, nothing superb and nothing awful

Thank you for your kind comments! We hope to do better in the future!

Came back two days later after checkout to see if I could use WIFI for my laptop, and was admitted in with no problem. Awesome staff and the hostel itself too!

Thank you for your kind words! Once you have stayed with us, you will be considered a family member of The Hive.

I had a fun stay at the Hive. The experience could have been better but it was still one of my best experiences in Singapore.

• 19th May 2014
  • India

Thank you for your kind words!

It is save for female solo traveller

• 18th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you! We always want to provide a safe place to stay for everyone.

The staff was very helpful and super friendly. I liked the complimentary breakfast was pretty wonderful and I had an excellent time - stay here!

• 11th May 2014

Thank you for your kind words!

for a hostel that wants to constantly improve its service, the owners should note that the internet connection is VERY POOR. this is annyoying for tavellers wanting to book flights and meet people. it worked less than 25% of the time, to the point had to walk 5 mins down the and pay for an internet cafe. also irrespective of what they say, the location is not very good at all. its not even close enough to make it on the tourist map. my dorm also smelt quite badly. great free breakfast tho..

We apologize for the poor connection, this comes as a surprise to us as well because we recently upgraded our network infrastructure to optic fiber and it has served our guests well thus far. Thanks for the feedback so we can further improve.

Prefer separate bathroom for females so that it is more convenient for us Muslims. We only had 1 fan in a 6-beds dorm room, hence it was quite hot and sweaty. However, staff are all very helpful :)

Thank you for your kind words! We have a female only shower available in our hostel as well. Do let us know your preference in future so we can make arrangements for you.

Great location, not far from the central parts of Singapore. MRT station on North East Line which is very convenient. Nice with breakfast, although very basic (coffee with sugar in it, not a favorite!). Would recommend this place, has lot's of facilities we did not have time to use.

This place is fairly convenient. Not in the center of anything but for how small Singapore is and how convenient the subway - it makes not much difference. The showers are a bit inconvenient as separate from room and in the hallway. The rooms are kept nice and clean.

Thank you for your comments. We like to keep the shower and toilets away from the rooms so our guests can have a better sleep. We are sorry this has not met your requirement.

Good wifi. Good forgetting around as 2mins away from MRT. Free tea / coffee all day. Goos showers. Clean toilets. A/c rooms. Simple rooms. Not much atmostphere, not much chatting with other guests. Didn't find anywhere great to eat in the area but MRT is 2 mins away and we were out all day any way so not a prob. Toast, cornflakes, peanut butter and jam, help yourself, fill up.