The Holyhead Hostel Reviews

42 Gardiner Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland

Could do with a face lift and a lick of paint. Also a good cleaning. Dark in the corridors and no community room or kitchen. Found it cold. Even though I got a halagon heater. Reminded me of Miss Haversham's house in Great Expections by Charles Dickens.

No additional comments I had best bed in that place so can't complain :P

The shower smelled awful, there were no facilities besides WiFi, the Staff was ok and the atmosphere was very poor as there was no kitchen, coffee tables, etc. to meet other people.

• 13th Dec 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. No fuss or bother, just a big town house right in the centre of a nice bedroms and shared bathrooms. It is a wonderfully relaxed place to stay,guests are free to come and go and the staff are very helpful, often going above and beyond for their guests. Perfect for someone like me who is more used to staying with friends not in hotels/ hostels.

• 12th Nov 2014

Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom for a couple of nights. Clean, friendly staff, hot running water in room, comfy bed, and very clean, good wi-fi and great location Will definately stay there again next time I'm in Dublin

The small shower is terrible! Smells really bad and mold and dust is all over..

By far the worst hotel/hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are tiny and windowless, the bathrooms are filthy (toilet didn't work; shower had a revolting smell), and the advertised wifi never worked. Much worse is how incompetent the staff are. When I arrived, I was shown to a room with dirty sheets and told they were clean. My second day, the staff incorrectly thought I hadn't paid for a second night, and put all of my belongings into a plastic bag, mixing dirty shoes with clean clothes.

Very good location, but no common room/area makes it hard for solo travellers.