The Holyhead Hostel Reviews

42 Gardiner Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland

Sketchy, the staff were never there to help us with any questions, couldn't check out early and if I did I had to pay the full price, the worst hostel I've stayed at.

I stayed for 3 nights and I have my own private room. great value for what I paid for. the guy that checked me was not that friendly,a bit cold in personality but i met the other guy Luca when checking out and he was very friendly. its an old building so don't expect a lot as the showers are slow but that is because of the building itself. The staircase is lovely.its in a great location as i was there on business which was ideal for me..there is no common area or self catering which is a pity.

Could do with a face lift and a lick of paint. Also a good cleaning. Dark in the corridors and no community room or kitchen. Found it cold. Even though I got a halagon heater. Reminded me of Miss Haversham's house in Great Expections by Charles Dickens.

No additional comments I had best bed in that place so can't complain :P

The shower smelled awful, there were no facilities besides WiFi, the Staff was ok and the atmosphere was very poor as there was no kitchen, coffee tables, etc. to meet other people.

• 13th Dec 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. No fuss or bother, just a big town house right in the centre of a nice bedroms and shared bathrooms. It is a wonderfully relaxed place to stay,guests are free to come and go and the staff are very helpful, often going above and beyond for their guests. Perfect for someone like me who is more used to staying with friends not in hotels/ hostels.

• 12th Nov 2014

Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom for a couple of nights. Clean, friendly staff, hot running water in room, comfy bed, and very clean, good wi-fi and great location Will definately stay there again next time I'm in Dublin

The small shower is terrible! Smells really bad and mold and dust is all over..