The Holyhead Hostel Reviews

42 Gardiner Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland

The worste experience that we had. We payed 50 euros for each night and we had just a bed who a person sleeps normally. And the shower absolutely creepy. No suggestion.

• 12th Mar 2015

Showers were moldy and not very clean. Pillows were not very comfortable. Definitely overpayed for stay here.

Sketchy, the staff were never there to help us with any questions, couldn't check out early and if I did I had to pay the full price, the worst hostel I've stayed at.

Generally a good experience. Great location in the city center and the staff was nice and helpful, even helping to carry my bags. Unfortunately during some kind of room check for the heating my door has been left unlocked and open while I was away. The showers could be nicer and the room itself was pretty small. But consideriing the price it was ok.

I stayed for 3 nights and I have my own private room. great value for what I paid for. the guy that checked me was not that friendly,a bit cold in personality but i met the other guy Luca when checking out and he was very friendly. its an old building so don't expect a lot as the showers are slow but that is because of the building itself. The staircase is lovely.its in a great location as i was there on business which was ideal for me..there is no common area or self catering which is a pity.

Could do with a face lift and a lick of paint. Also a good cleaning. Dark in the corridors and no community room or kitchen. Found it cold. Even though I got a halagon heater. Reminded me of Miss Haversham's house in Great Expections by Charles Dickens.

No additional comments I had best bed in that place so can't complain :P

The shower smelled awful, there were no facilities besides WiFi, the Staff was ok and the atmosphere was very poor as there was no kitchen, coffee tables, etc. to meet other people.

• 13th Dec 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. No fuss or bother, just a big town house right in the centre of a nice bedroms and shared bathrooms. It is a wonderfully relaxed place to stay,guests are free to come and go and the staff are very helpful, often going above and beyond for their guests. Perfect for someone like me who is more used to staying with friends not in hotels/ hostels.

• 12th Nov 2014