The Holyhead Hostel Reviews

42 Gardiner Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland

By far the worst hotel/hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms are tiny and windowless, the bathrooms are filthy (toilet didn't work; shower had a revolting smell), and the advertised wifi never worked. Much worse is how incompetent the staff are. When I arrived, I was shown to a room with dirty sheets and told they were clean. My second day, the staff incorrectly thought I hadn't paid for a second night, and put all of my belongings into a plastic bag, mixing dirty shoes with clean clothes.

Very good location, but no common room/area makes it hard for solo travellers.

It was fine, basic hostel. I felt safe, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Great location, had everything I needed!

• 12th Jun 2014

The price was way to high for what you get. The staff was pasive and the facilities are not good enough for that price. We know 3 different hostels in Dublin and this is the worse we have been in.

Stayed there three nights. There is no real common room to meet other travelers besides a couple seats in the stairwells. The room was fine, but the bathrooms were an issue. The toilet on my floor did not always flush immediately and the shower had very little pressure and the temperatures changed quickly. The location was great though. A quick walk to one of the main roads and about 10 minutes from a lot of tour areas.

Kind and thoughtfull staff