The Holyhead Hostel Reviews

42 Gardiner Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland

I stayed in room 5A when I was there. I'm pretty sure it was a closet that a bed was stuck in. I can't believe I had to pay that much money to sleep in a closet. Plus the showers were completely mouldy and there's no breakfast. This was the 3rd hostel I've stayed in while in Dublin and by far the worst value for my money.

• 24th Jun 2015

I got there and the room had JUST been painted and it was the size of my closet at home. Yes I have a big closet but come on! I could not stay there cause the fumes were soOo horrible yet and on top of that I just got home from ireland and they said since I couldn't stay there and they had no other rooms they wouldn't charge me and I just looked at my credit card and they DID. Now I have a big pain in a butt to deal with. Wonderful. Please pass that on

• 14th Apr 2015

The worste experience that we had. We payed 50 euros for each night and we had just a bed who a person sleeps normally. And the shower absolutely creepy. No suggestion.

• 12th Mar 2015

Showers were moldy and not very clean. Pillows were not very comfortable. Definitely overpayed for stay here.

Sketchy, the staff were never there to help us with any questions, couldn't check out early and if I did I had to pay the full price, the worst hostel I've stayed at.

Generally a good experience. Great location in the city center and the staff was nice and helpful, even helping to carry my bags. Unfortunately during some kind of room check for the heating my door has been left unlocked and open while I was away. The showers could be nicer and the room itself was pretty small. But consideriing the price it was ok.

I stayed for 3 nights and I have my own private room. great value for what I paid for. the guy that checked me was not that friendly,a bit cold in personality but i met the other guy Luca when checking out and he was very friendly. its an old building so don't expect a lot as the showers are slow but that is because of the building itself. The staircase is lovely.its in a great location as i was there on business which was ideal for me..there is no common area or self catering which is a pity.