The Horse and Stables Reviews

124 Westminster Bridge Road, London, London, England

Great spot.. Helpful check in

The directions to the hostel on the website were a bit outdated I believe, so it took us a while to find. Once we arrived, the staff was extremely helpful with our luggage, as we checked in early. The room was clean but hot. The only real downside was the showers and bathrooms. I only saw one working toilet and only two working showers. My sister and I had to take an icy cold shower the first day. Overall a good experience, just need better facilities.

My only complaint is the rooms were very, very hot at night.

• 9th Aug 2015

Only 3 working toilets and 1 properly working shower for the ENTIRE hostel. The rooms are dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting. There aren't any lockers to secure any of your belongings and you have to check in at the bar. Do not stay here.

Friendliest staff of any place I've stayed this summer, very helpful and conversational. Fun atmosphere. Bathrooms were pretty small, though. Good stay overall.

So, let me start by saying I really didn't enjoy staying at this hostel. There are only 4 bathrooms in the entire hostel (and one is broken). There are only 3 showers and two are broken (no water pressure). It was so hard to get a shower. The showers have no ventilation so the entire hostel smells like mold and a toilet. It's really gross. The rooms don't have lockers and they seem quite dirty. I checked out 3 nights early. I wouldn't stay here again.

The staff (bartenders) are amazing! Both helpful and friendly. The Location is superb but the facilities are only average... (It is primarily a bar with a few rooms above it.) Nevertheless it is a great place to stay for a short visit to London. Also I wish there was a key card system. The codes were very touch and go and I even got locked out of the hostel one night for a good twenty minutes as I tried to get the code to work.

The dorms need to be aired out a bit more because they smell bad. The combination lock might not work that well on the door. Atmosphere was good, location was great. Breakfast was nothing remarkable, but a nice plus. Wifi doesn't work great upstairs, but is fine in the lobby area. Bathrooms were tiny and were not very clean. Showers were okay-- not that clean, but okay.

Great hostel. Only reason for low atmosphere rating was because there were a few people in our dorm that caused issues. Other than that it is a great hostel. Good location, can walk to most attractions, close to metro station, good staff. Recommend staying here.

Fantastic service, very clean, and the beds were surprisingly comfortable!

• 13th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Very friendly staff and a good breakfast provided. However bathrooms were a little dirty and we had no hot water for our showers.

숙소 위치는 어중간하기는 했으나. 런던아이는 그리멀지않았습니다. 항상 이동의 기점이 런던아이로 시작했던 것 같네요. 다좋았는데 방음이안되기도하고 아래가 바 이기 때문인지 밤에 술먹고 소리를 계속 질러대서 잠을설쳤네요. 다른날은 그냥 뻗어버렸지만. 그날은 좀 팔팔했던터라.. 개인락커는 없는데. 분위기가 있을필요없는분위기였습니다. 다 펼쳐놓고 다니는 외국인도있었어요.. 전체적으로는 만족했습니다.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff downstairs. Rooms were big and clean but bathrooms were small and dirty. Keypads made security a concern, but location was great.

I believe at least 20-30 people can stay here at any given time given # of rooms, but only 3 "usable" toilets (other locked) and 3 showers. During my +4 day stay, I only saw toilet paper in one of the toilet rooms once. They also claim to have extra shampoos etc that you could use, but that is stuff others leave behind and have no idea how old it is. The rooms have no mirrors (thus bathroom even more overcrowded), but worse, the sheets are disgusting and stained. HORRIBLE place! Not worth price!

Showers needed to be cleaned out more often as they are shared by many guests and get dirty quickly, as do the toilets. However, great atmosphere in the pub below and rooms were nice and clean.

• 4th Jul 2015

Best location ever. Down the road from big ben, london eye, what more do you want! quite expensive but that's London in general, this was the cheapest hostel in a good location in London. The bar downstairs is pretty cool with awesome food and big rooms were comfortable.

great location right next to the tube station, all the staff were helpful and friendly and 15% off drinks and food

Great place to stay if you're looking for somewhere clean, easy to get to and cheap priced. 1 minutes walk from Lambeth North underground station. Friendly staff, unfortunately cannot comment of breakfast as I had to leave before the 8am-10am breakfast times. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• 1st Jul 2015

Great location, free breakfast is convenient, really helpful staff. One shower had very low pressure on our first day, but it was fixed a day later. Overall enjoyed our stay at the Horse and Stables and would stay again!

Good location but the hostelis not clean. Atmosphere is bad, i was the only not Korean in the room. They started to blow dry their hair in early moring, slamming the door. The bathroom is terrible too. i have to wait for a long time and worst its dirty. The water pressure is too low.

« first « Prev 1 2 3