The Horse and Stables Reviews

124 Westminster Bridge Road, London, London, England

Friendly staff and excellent position.

staff was so wonderful!! I can't get over how helpful and friendly they were! the location is excellent, right next to the Big Ben! only downside is there was no laundry or computer room, and the hostel should invest in new mattresses and pillows. the showers were all clean and so were the bathrooms.

Friendliest staff we've encountered so far. Rooms and clean and location is amazing. The only thing is that it doesn't have a kitchen or laundry.

Great place to stay, will definitely be returning next time I'm in town. Thanks guys!

• 16th May 2015

Good hostel at the center of London (about 2 minute walk to Waterloo station, 5 to London Eye and 10 to Big Ben) for travelers that do not require much luxury. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Unlike some other hostels in the area, it was possible to check in after 23.00 and check out until 11.00. The included breakfast was simple but decent. One of the only drawbacks were the facilities: it was not possible to fix the shower head and the toilet was the only possible place to brush teeth.

The staff was really friendly and I LOVED that it was above a pub! The security was good. Lots of keypads to get past in order to get into rooms, and even though The Horse and Stable didn't have individual lockers, they were happy to lock up your valuables while you were out. The food was excellent and the drinks fantastic. I really enjoyed it!

Nice and clean and great location but the wifi is very slow and almost all of the showers are broken in some way.

Had a great experience. Every single person that worked there was always so nice and had a smile on their face, trying to help out in any way that they could. Rooms were good. Hostel really well-located, 10 min walk to London Eye, 15 to Big Ben, 2 min walk to the Tube. My only complaints are: showers were crappy (only 1 out a 4 worked well) and there were no lockers. Even with these "flaws" I loved my stay (1 week) there and do recommend it.

We were really glad we picked this hostel the stay was well worth it and we would definitely recommend it to anyone. The staff was great the location was perfect and the overall atmosphere was probably the best part :)

• 22nd Apr 2015

We had a great stay at this hostel! The staff were very accommodating and even helped us plan a bus route for the day. We had no problems during our stay. My only minor complaint was the noise of the city, but that's what happens when you get a spot in central London! Worth the money, and we'd definitely come again.

The hostel was really good. The location was perfect - i like the atmosphere of the streets surrounding the place. The bar was cool and i liked the atmosphere there. Lockers in the room would have been handy. A simple kitchen or communal area would also be nice. But overall I really enjoyed my stay

• 31st Mar 2015

I was just there for one night. It was easy to get to Gatwick Airport in the morning and the staff where friendly and helpful when I arrived in the evening.

need plugs in the bathroom. Impossible to dry my hair outside of the room when everybody is sleeping. the breakfast is poor. 2 sorts of cereals, some bread and some apples. Disappointed !

My stay at the Horse and Stables was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and breakfast is included in the cost. Has a great location: a few steps from Lambeth North tube station and about a 5 minute walk from Waterloo station. Don't have storage lockers but are able to store your luggage for you, free of charge. I would definitely stay here again.

Not a bad hostel. Was only there for a night, but was not all that impressed. Good location, rooms were clean and did the job though.

Although nothing happened but security of personal belongings was a bit of a concern.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • India

I've just spent 3 nights there in a 10 dorm and it's been a very good time. The staff is very nice and helpful, and we had good free breakfasts. The bathrooms were clean, which is a very good point :-) But it could be great to add lockers, what could be very useful. Anyway, the staff can store your valuables at a secure place for you.

It was fine, good location. Bathroom could have been cleaner.

• 6th Feb 2015

The Staffs in The Horse & Stables are really helpful and friendly, they offer really good informations and bright smiles. Breakfasts, tea and coffees and included, which is really good for cutting budget. The ventilation in the bathrooms and toilets were quite good. Totally recommended :)

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

I was a bit disappointed that the hostel doesn't provide any lockers to store our valuables although they can store it at a secure place for you. The pressure in the shower is horrible. Otherwise, the stay was alright.

• 23rd Dec 2014