The Horse & Stables Reviews

124 Westminster Bridge Road, London, London, England

I was a bit disappointed that the hostel doesn't provide any lockers to store our valuables although they can store it at a secure place for you. The pressure in the shower is horrible. Otherwise, the stay was alright.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Great location and amazing people. Very helpful and always ready to point you in the right direction when it comes to sight seeing. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The food in the restaurant is very good and well priced.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Great food at the bar downstairs - thanks so much for everything! I'll definitely remember to check you out when I come back to London! Thanks for another great hostel experience!

• 26th Nov 2014

Very comfortable, very clean, and a very friendly staff—next time I’m in London, I’ll be staying here again!

Amazing hostel! Friendly staff, live band in the bar on Saturday night, great food and drink on offer. By far the best hostel I've stayed at in London!

The hostel is in a great location, very central with tube service just steps away. I arrived late for check in but it was no issue. Peter and Dean were awesome, being very helpful and friendly, giving me directions and printing my bus tickets for that afternoon. The hostel is clean and the beds comfy. I had no noise issues either. I would definitely stay there again.

Good if you're travelling with a group or just looking for a bed in a handy location. No common room meant there was little atmosphere

Good location and free breakfast. No common room, and the atmosphere isn't great. Good if you're with a group or just need a bed, would be harder to meet people on your own

Great location, walking distance to Southbank and so close to train stations and bus stops. The bar/restaurant below, which is their reception place, is super comfortable with great food&music, and the discount for guests is the extra bonus. I stayed in 12 beds mixed dome, but everyone was so quiet. Only problem might occur is that you may not be able to take a shower when you want--shower rooms are limited.

By far my fav hostel have stayed at! Atmosphere was great and staff were amazing was like coming home after a long day! The boys even carried my suitcase up the stairs! Only downer is theres no common area/kitchen but the food is cheap and awesome at the bar.

Very good located hostel in the central of London. We had some problems with the connections to Heathrow Airport and the staff did everything to help us. Thank you again !!!

• 2nd Oct 2014

It's clean and the staff is friendly

Brilliant location and staaff, but shame there isn't a kitchen or living room (other than the public bar downstairs). Lockers in the room would be useful.

I only stayed in the hostel for one night. The room (10 bed dorm) was very nice. The street noise at night was a bit a annoying, but they had a glass full of free earplugs :-) The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful!!! Would definitely stay here again...

Beds are good,and breakfask is fine. The only dislike thing is that too noisy ouside.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice hostel with pretty affordable pub downstairs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing is that bathrooms and toilets are too tiny and there is no kitchen.

Everyone I met at the hostel made a point of being very friendly and approachable. They gave great advice on where to go and what to see. Although I left my suitcase in the room because I felt safe, they offered to store anything behind the counter while I was out for the day. The location was good, the beds comfortable, and the showers had hot water. Overall, it was a perfect home base for my short stay in London. My only critique is that the breakfast could have offered just a little more.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The staff were great. Friendly, welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately my stay at the hostel was let down by two factors. One, was a sleepless night. This was mostly because the hostel sits on a busy road used by ambulances. So once an hour a roaring siren filled the room. The room was also stiflingly hot, despite it being a mild September night. Secondly, I had to skip a morning shower as there were too few and the wait too long. Necertheless, id use again if other hostels are booked.

We stayed for a couple of nights at the beginning of our trip in a private room. The location was amazing, it has walking access to the main attractions of central London & is only 50m from the closest tube station! The room was clean and basic, exactly as to be expected and the staff were fantastic. The only issue we had was the room became really hot and this could be remedied with a fan. Downstairs is great place to have a quiet drink and something to eat. Can't wait to head back!

Staff is good but noticed my bed didn't have a pillow during the check in and didn't put one, I had to ask for the reception the day.