The Horse and Stables Reviews

124 Westminster Bridge Road, London, London, England

The street life is a bit noisy but the location vis-a-vis places to visit is hard to beat: walking distance to the South Bank and very close to the Tube. The staff there are all very helpful. Dinner food is very good and served most of the day.

So embody opened the door during the night so the locks are not all as secure as they may appear.

Great location, less then a 5min walk into westminster. not many powerpoint in the rooms, and no common space besides the bar down stairs, but would still recommend this place 100% great affordable option for London.

The staff is very kind and helpful, the bed was very confortable, the location is awesome (just next to an underground station). The bedroom could have more power outlets, and the shower could be better, but it was ok for the money. I would stay there again, and I definitely recommend to!

very small shower and washroom

The place was very clean and the staff were very nice throughout the stay. The breakfast was decent and the rooms were basic but nice. The location was a one minute walk to a tube station so transportation Was easy. The only downsides were the showers which had low water pressure and was either fire hot or ice cold with nothing in between. Over all I would recommend the horse and stables.

• 11th Jun 2015

The best hostel I've ever been. Breakfast is included in the price and it is a very good one. Guests have 15% discount on food and drinks in the bar and get coffe and tea for free. There is also a printer service, what I really appreciated. The staff was very nice and I had a pleasant staying.

• 29th May 2015

The only common area is the bar downstairs, so if you're looking for a calm, quiet, common area, go elsewhere. I tried to video chat in the stairwell, but bad reception there. Location was most excellent! Walking distance to all the important things and the tube is easy to navigate. Impressed with the shower cleanliness, but the bathrooms were so tiny I was bumping on both walls every which way I turned! And I'm a small girl! It was still fine, just funny how small they were. Not for the large!

• 28th May 2015

We enjoyed our stay. The dorm was spacious and the beds were comfy. We found the breakfast was substantial and the free printing very convenient. You can't hear any noise from the pub (or street) when in the dorm. There is no kitchen, however you can use the one at their sister hostel just down the road. It would be great if there were a few more showers, but not a big issue. I would stay again when visiting London, with easy access to Waterloo station.

Friendly staff and excellent position.

Nice hostel in great location. Included breakfast is nicer than most other hostels', and even though everything in London is expensive, this is a reasonable price right next to Waterloo. Easy to find and the sister hostel right down the street provides a kitchen area since this location doesn't have one. We stayed for three nights and the dorms were spacious and quiet. Comfy beds, too, and lots of things for free (like towels)!

staff was so wonderful!! I can't get over how helpful and friendly they were! the location is excellent, right next to the Big Ben! only downside is there was no laundry or computer room, and the hostel should invest in new mattresses and pillows. the showers were all clean and so were the bathrooms.

Friendliest staff we've encountered so far. Rooms and clean and location is amazing. The only thing is that it doesn't have a kitchen or laundry.

Great place to stay, will definitely be returning next time I'm in town. Thanks guys!

• 16th May 2015

Good hostel at the center of London (about 2 minute walk to Waterloo station, 5 to London Eye and 10 to Big Ben) for travelers that do not require much luxury. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Unlike some other hostels in the area, it was possible to check in after 23.00 and check out until 11.00. The included breakfast was simple but decent. One of the only drawbacks were the facilities: it was not possible to fix the shower head and the toilet was the only possible place to brush teeth.

The staff was really friendly and I LOVED that it was above a pub! The security was good. Lots of keypads to get past in order to get into rooms, and even though The Horse and Stable didn't have individual lockers, they were happy to lock up your valuables while you were out. The food was excellent and the drinks fantastic. I really enjoyed it!

Nice and clean and great location but the wifi is very slow and almost all of the showers are broken in some way.

Had a great experience. Every single person that worked there was always so nice and had a smile on their face, trying to help out in any way that they could. Rooms were good. Hostel really well-located, 10 min walk to London Eye, 15 to Big Ben, 2 min walk to the Tube. My only complaints are: showers were crappy (only 1 out a 4 worked well) and there were no lockers. Even with these "flaws" I loved my stay (1 week) there and do recommend it.

We were really glad we picked this hostel the stay was well worth it and we would definitely recommend it to anyone. The staff was great the location was perfect and the overall atmosphere was probably the best part :)

We had a great stay at this hostel! The staff were very accommodating and even helped us plan a bus route for the day. We had no problems during our stay. My only minor complaint was the noise of the city, but that's what happens when you get a spot in central London! Worth the money, and we'd definitely come again.