The Hostal Tierramar Reviews

Calle Berlin 9, El Arenal, Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Just a heads up this is not a hostel! It's more of a hotel, but with that being said it was less than a minute walk to the beach in the arenal area. Just beware there are a lot of Germans who vacation to this part of town and is pretty much a German town. Other than that it would've been nice to have air conditioning in the room as it was 35+ degrees out

This hostel is located right next to the beach and has a great bar area downstairs and they do a really great breakfast. The area is a resort with mostly Germans. I was in a triple room (which I had to myself) on the top floor. It was so hot that I had to sleep with the balcony door open. That was not great as at 5am each morning a load of young very drunk guys would come back and start shouting, singing, etc... They slept on their balcony rather than the room no doubt due the heat as well.

It's a great hostel with very good location, 1 minute to the sea and promenade. Friendly stuff and atmosphere.

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at Tierramar. It's more like a hotel than a hostel. There is no kitchen to cook food, but there is a bar downstairs and breakfast included! Some of the women who worked here were really nice! The location is great. It's a block from the beach and it's close to all the nightlife in Arenal. Bus to Palma center is super close and only takes 20-25 minutes to get there. They also have beach stuff you can take with you and return at the end of the day!

Tierrmar's staff is very friendly! I was lucky to get a balcony with a view of the beach and I thought the room and the facilities were nice for the price. Also, you can rent all kinds of beach supplies and there is luggage storage. However, you might want to keep location in mind. The hostal is located in the German quarter a little bit outside of Palma, which is very touristy. A pro is that there's plenty of international restaurants nearby but it's a long bus ride into downtown Palma.

• 22nd May 2015

This is just the place you want to stay...but ok , if you're a f*** princess, or a douchebag...maybe its not your place. Very calm..super staff...super clean...next to beach..restaurants...supermarkets...rentacars.... need more?

Hostel Tierramar was fantastic! It is accros the street from the beach in La Palma, and the bus from the airport stops a block away from it. The staff was always friendly when greeting us, very accommodating, and there was 24 reception service. The room was made up everyday (they even nicely folded our clothes we had left out!) and both the room and bathroom were spotless. The breakfast was a great spread for a hostel breakfast. I would definitely come back here again!

Very friendly staff. Location is good - close to restaurants and bars. Will definitely stay here again.

Wow! What nice people, perfect location, everything was amazing. The hostel was relatively empty so they upgraded me to a private room with ensuite bathroom- such a luxury and so thoughtful of the staff. This place is wonderful!

The staff was extremely friendly and gave us some great recommendations about beaches to visit, the bus system, and places to eat. Beware that this hostel is definitely in the middle of the German sector of Mallorca (which we did not know until we arrived), so non-German tourists may feel a bit out of place! But the hostel itself was great, much nicer quality than the average hostel elsewhere. Felt more like a hotel, still for less than $30 a night!

We loved you hostel tierramar. Wifi was the fastest we have had, the owner was so so friendly and had awesome knowledge of the island. Our bathroom was private but had a separate key and was opposite the hall from us. It wasn't inconvenient but it was something we haven't had before in a private room. Resident dog is super cute. Breakfast was pleasant and included in our price. Not much for atmosphere if you are travelling solo but perfect for a couple or group on a budget! Would recommend!

Hostals in Spain are mini hotels. Good price and right near the water. Just be aware S'Arenal is german central and a bit away from Palma. Breakfast and cleaning services included. Good hostal not my favourite location on the island

Friendly, helpful and continues to develop each visit

View all Palma de Mallorca Bed and Breakfasts