The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center Reviews

Lucasbolwerk 4, Utrecht, Netherlands

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The room was way too small for 9 bunk beds to fit with some touching so that if the room was full random people are sleeping right beside eachother. Also had a rule that you needed to sleep with sheets which they provided for 2,50 non refundable. The bathroom and rooms were extremely dirty and seemed like they were never washed and the "living room" of the hostel was littered with random things. The staff were nice though. Don't stay here if you don't have to.

• 29th Apr 2015

why did you stay on the website said rent sheets 2.50 YOU ARE ANGRY BECAUSE YOU FORGOT TO BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS THE HOSTEL WAS CLEAN AND WASN T FULL THE ROOM YOU GET A NICE BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER YOU HAVE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE TO SHAME YOURSELF SECURITY CAMERA S SORRY THAT YOU WHERE BLIND NOT TO SEE THE CAMERA S SO DON T LYE TO US AND THE NIGHTGUARD KEYCARDS SO THAT NOBODY CAN GIVE THE FRONTDOORCODE

This hostel was super dirty, showers were broken, the whole place was smelly, beds were dirty and uncomfortable. Second worst hostel I have stayed in. Only good thing about it was the location.

The staff is friendly. Family - like atmosphere, helfpull and kind, welcoming. The showers are of rather poor quality. Cold, and also it is very limited how it is being showered. The beds are many in one bigger room. But if you take this apart, you do have very nice breakfast available, dinner and lunch too, but you need to cook them /except breakfast/. The peope I met there were much worth it. I was happy there.

Avoid this hostel at all costs. I have stayed in many in my time and this is by far the dirtiest and most run down one to date. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting the woman who showed us around was unsure if they were clean or not she said she hadn't checked. No locks for lockers don't even think they worked the beds were disgusting and this "free food" everyone talks about is not worth it. Stay somewhere else and do not go through what we did

The hostel was disgusting! When you enter you see a mountain of dirty sheets and it was smelling awfull! The employee said that we could sit to eat but all the tables were filthy and covered with jam. The toilets were disgusting as well and when we returned at night we saw water on the floor from the bathroom all the way to the stairs. In the dormitory the blanket was dirty and I found hair on my sheets. Too expensive for nothing, a lot of noise at night and cold in the room. Avoid it!

sorry that you dewidn t like it the sheets in the corridor were ready to bring it to the laundry room. the breakfast table was not clean at this moment because a group of 27 people had just taken breakfast. if you had waited 10 minutes our cleaning crew was ready to clean the table you are always welcome

The shower didn't work and the room had no window. The toilett on the floor was horrible. Okay if you are here for a party trip

• 30th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

sorry we have only rooms with windows so we assume you stayed in a other hostel

Lovely staff and lively atmosphere. Very nice stay

• 17th Dec 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. It was unusual in that there aware cupboards and fridges full of food and ingredients and you just cook what you want. The rooms are very basic. Staff are really friendly!

The staff has recently changed. From very unfriendly to extremely kind. But the hygiene is a problem. The bed linen are smelly. They seem to be washed on too low temperatures.

THe Hosts at B&B are accomidating. Everyone understands english very well. Food, coffee, and tea included in price. Good location to everything...except near central transit station for trains. I recommend the free tour of Utrecht, there are pamplets at the reception desk, starts at noon til three pm. Good tour guides. I'll stay there again

• 13th Dec 2014