The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center Reviews

Lucasbolwerk 4, Utrecht, Netherlands

Good place to stay there is many food all for free but it wasn't clean

• 24th Aug 2014

Great place, with a lot of people, nice staff!!

Windows had to be open as they did not have aircondition. I was not allowed to close the window even though pigeons were flying into the dorm room and walking around on my bed. Staff were poor at English but excellent at Spanish. Shared bathrooms were ok. There is a kitchen and you can cook your own lunch and dinner and use meat and other stuff in the fridge for free. Very nice if you want to save money on your food budget. Lockers were provided and had a decent size.

The location was quite good, and the free breakfast a really big plus, but I really hope they would pay more attention to cleanlines and privacy. There was only one toilet per floor, and the lock in our floor's toilet didn't work. The bathrooms didn't have any counter space, and the showers were not good. The red covers on pillows were quite inconvenient, and the room doors made a big noise. Would still recommend if you want cheap accommodation, and won't be afraid of small uncomfortabilities!

Great hostel, awesome food. However the shower was ice cold the day we were there but they fixed it soon after. We would definitelly recommend it

This hostel has a great quality: a lot of things for free including foods, which is pretty nice. But, the facilities are really bad. They accomodate a lot of people in a small room without space, no cages for luggage and no space to walk. And the bathrooms and showers are really bad, and there was no hot water too. I felt like living in a concentration camp while sleeping / taking shower. Even fun for a trip, but I wouldn't stay again.

Chilled, not too far from the train station, an astonishing amount of free food.

Bathrooms were not so nice, the free food is pretty neat. Reception closes too early. Rooms are pretty cramped.

Really nice place, very homely. Great facilities and nice staff. I loved the piano and guitars in the common area. Stay here for sure.

too many hippies

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Room had not been cleaned as there was a condom next to our beds (not sure if was used). The bathroom door broke & we got locked in. People were being moved into our room at past midnight as the staff had no idea where any space was. On a even more significant note we had no idea who the staff were half the time and were unable to checkout. We do not like to normally complain but we would NEVER recommend this hostel if you have any standards of cleanliness and want to actually sleep.

the locker is so small that l couldnt put my smartphone passport camera charging battery inside. it was merely a small box for ppl to put important things. Location isnt good, not easy to find it. The young staffs are fine; the owner of the hostel is ok.

This is BY FAR the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Free breakfast, lunch AND dinner is something that deserves a mention. Its simply a great place!

Not clean. No toilet paper in bathrooms.

sorry that you coudn t amuse yourself and you didn t see our facilities free internet free movies free barbecue free chessplay free ping pong many games free cookfacilities free inside barbecue stonegrill etc.. the staff

The rooms themselves are very basic and quite cramped but the lounge area is very inviting. The breakfast is amazing and there is a kitchen full of food to be used by guests all through the day! this unique feature was a big help and reduced the cost of the trip considerably!

Loads of free food to eat all day! Very helpful staff Cool place

Everything was OK. There is a large dinning area with kitchen, where is enough food. You can just take or cook anything you want. I was positively surprised with that. Location is in walking distance of main station. I arrived with car. There is a small park infront of hostel, with a short term parking lots, so you can park your car to get stuff in to hostel and then move car to some other part of town.

The greatest Hostel I ever stay!

• 1st Apr 2014