The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center Reviews

Lucasbolwerk 4, Utrecht, Netherlands

Lovely staff and lively atmosphere. Very nice stay

• 17th Dec 2014

The staff has recently changed. From very unfriendly to extremely kind. But the hygiene is a problem. The bed linen are smelly. They seem to be washed on too low temperatures.

THe Hosts at B&B are accomidating. Everyone understands english very well. Food, coffee, and tea included in price. Good location to everything...except near central transit station for trains. I recommend the free tour of Utrecht, there are pamplets at the reception desk, starts at noon til three pm. Good tour guides. I'll stay there again

• 13th Dec 2014

Good location. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

I stayed there only for resting the night heading to amsterdam airport early morning

The hostel gives a very dirty impression. Sheets and beds all smelled very bad!

sorry we don t use chemical stuff tyo let the sheets smell you can see we have two big washing machines and a big dryer we don t want to destroy the enveriment we are ecco

All you can eat? Awesome! Top bunks are difficult to get in and out of. Overall a great hostel.

It is one of the Hostels which I love very much. You can get in touch very easily with other people. Also you have a kitchen, where you can cook, a lot of computers to go online, and lockers to put your things on. So I loved it. But if you expect a modern hostel, than you should not go there. A lot of things are broken. Hope it helps.

food is included (3 meals per day!) and there are a lot to eat

Easily the worst hostel I've stayed in. Very dirty, the free food is left out for hours and is old quite old because it's bought in bulk.

It is the worst place I have seen in my life. The toilets are absolutly disgusting and the bed was not clean. The roof had holes and everything seems abandoned. I was not believing but I saw mouses in the kitchen. PLease STAY AWAY OF THIS PLACE.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

It was just a bed to sleep in. The shower in the bathroom soaked everything as there was no curtain to keep the water off the rest of the floor. Our room was extremely dirty and was not cleaned the whole time I stayed. (The garbage did get taken out at one point though). The breakfast in the morning was good. There was no where to keep your stuff. No lockers and the room I was in had so many beds everyones stuff was everywhere.

The only way to open the front door is with your electronic card-key. So I felt quiet safe. The hostel is perfectley located in the old town of Utrecht, but there is no possibility for cheap parking offered. I payed over 40 € for 1 day parking. The stuff was very friendly. I stayed in a 8 bed room with 7 other guys (Im a girl), but it was absolutely no problem. the room had its own bathroom as well. The hostel offers food for free all day long. but the kitchen needs to be more often cleened.

dirtiest hostel I've stayed in for quite some time. my room had one attached bathroom with one shower, toilet and sink. very dirty in that the floor looked like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. no shower screen or curtain so the whole room was soaked, including toilet paper. I could not recommend this place for any more than one night with no other options.

A bit rough around the edges and more than I like to pay for 16 bed dorm but overall a good hostel and a pleasant stay

Good place to stay there is many food all for free but it wasn't clean

Great place, with a lot of people, nice staff!!

This hostel wasn't so terrible I guess. But some of the staff members had really poor Engilsh and were generally confused about basic things like how many people can fit in the rooms. The bathrooms were also in pretty bad condition and the hot water was unreliable. They're also one of those places that makes you pay for your sheets (2.50 a night), which sucks.

Windows had to be open as they did not have aircondition. I was not allowed to close the window even though pigeons were flying into the dorm room and walking around on my bed. Staff were poor at English but excellent at Spanish. Shared bathrooms were ok. There is a kitchen and you can cook your own lunch and dinner and use meat and other stuff in the fridge for free. Very nice if you want to save money on your food budget. Lockers were provided and had a decent size.

The location was quite good, and the free breakfast a really big plus, but I really hope they would pay more attention to cleanlines and privacy. There was only one toilet per floor, and the lock in our floor's toilet didn't work. The bathrooms didn't have any counter space, and the showers were not good. The red covers on pillows were quite inconvenient, and the room doors made a big noise. Would still recommend if you want cheap accommodation, and won't be afraid of small uncomfortabilities!