The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center Reviews

Lucasbolwerk 4, Utrecht, Netherlands

It is very dirty hostel and bed sheets are suspected to be unclean. The fact that guests are not asked to remove bed sheets after their stay and bed sheets stay on the bed and consequently the new guest does not know where to accommodate. It is nosy because the rooms are right next to the road and the stuff is a bit strange waking us at 22.30 to tell us that the toilet is broken instead of just writing a note and let us sleep.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

SORRY THAT WE COULDN T WARN YOU BECAUSE ONE OF THE GUESTS BROKE THE TOILET IN THE ROOM THE SHEETS ARE CLEAN WE HAVE TWO BIG WSHINGMACHINE AND A DRYER FROM 20 KILO THE ROOM I CLEAN AND THE SHOWER AND TOILETS WE DON T USE THE OTHER PART OF THE BUILDING BECAUSE WE ARE RENOVATING THE NOISE ON THE STREET YOU HAVE TO COMPLAIN TO THE GOVERMENT

They were doing renovations while I was staying there so it would be expected that the cleanliness suffered a little but I really couldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you are badly stuck for a place to stay.

• 28th Jan 2016

It is in construction, at least the food is the best

YOU? WILL SEE WE WILL GET VERY NICE SHOWERS AND TOILETS THNKS

So yes it's true that the place is kind of a mess because of renovation works, and the beds and mattresses are rather small. BUT the staff is super nice and extra helpful, trying to accommodate everyone the best they can. And it s a 24h all you can eat place, with fresh pancakes in the morning. Definitely worth coming here.

Nice location. You can cook everything in the shelves, so dinner is included if you cook. On the morning very nice breackfast and crêpes made by a lady. BUT !! REALLY BAD BATHROOMS!! We were litteraly showering into the rubbles of a constrcution site, also the stairs were in work so a lot of dust everywhere. All that for 20€ they could have told us (group of 16 persons) or even offered us a discount!! Also the guy at the reception wasn't here (but we had a reservation) and we waited 45 min !!

hy we are renovating the stairs sorry about that not the rooms not the bathrooms sorry one of our receptionnist was ill sorry for the inconviences

Not a great hostel by any stretch. Tiny toilets and not great bathrooms. Uncomfortable beds, and any movement in the top bunks made lots of noise, which meant people coming in late at night will almost certainly wake anyone else in the room. Mini lockers for valuables in my room did not close securely or at all. Door would sometimes not close completely, and a lot of people would not notice so would not close it properly. Terrible value for money but you're not given much choice in the city.

sorry we can t do nothing about the noise of the guests facilities we have a kitchen area boardgames a music corner a tv corner pingpong table kickertable barbecue what more facilities do you want the beds are bunkbed the rooms are simpel basic maybe you are too old to stay in a dorm we advice you to book a single room in the futur thanks

Don't stay in this place unless it's a last resort. I'm not going to go into all the specifics but it's totally clear that the management have given up on maintaining the place and simply relying on the fact that there are very few other budget options in Utrecht.

We are renovating the building sorry for the inconvenience

For some reason the key card did no longer work in the dorm door at the last night of the stay (at around 1am, or so). Someone in the room was fortunately still awake and could let me in. The breakfast was excellent! Especially the pancakes!

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Finland

Dirty, ugly, nut free unlimited food. Depends on what you need.

Good wifi, location, pancakes for breakfast and good atmosphere. Sheets were not washed though and you need to rent them for an additional 1.50€.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Very friendly & very kind staff. bed rooms can be a bit cleaner

thank you for the review we will care about it thanks

Served the purpose that I needed it for, i.e a place to sleep whilst waiting to move into my new apartment. The ping-pong table and outside chess set were great to pass the time. The time I spent there I made a few friends who were in similar situations to me - looking/waiting for apartments. Free beer was given out on a few nights and a BBQ was organised, which was a nice touch to lift our spirits. Overall I was happy with my stay

Yes food is provided for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but the common spaces are quite dirty and almost no one cleans after him/herself. The dorm was far too crowded, more beds were added while we were already there to host more people, so that in the end it was impossible to move around the room without moving others' stuff. Not a good experience.

you and the other guests doestn t clean anything we clean the kitchen 20 times a day sorry but thanks

Worst than a military barracks, at least the drill sergeant make them keep clean and organized. .not promised the rooms and held the deposit, to over crowded...

• 21st Aug 2015

The canteen/reception area was a mess, it looked like the place had been torn down. The rooms were not cleaned and bed sheets of the previous people were still on the bed. The only thing working in the bathroom was sink tap. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

sorry you didn t like it we clean 6 times a day the rooms 20 times a fday the kitchen people put their stuff behind the reception but thanks

Great place to get in touch with other travellers. Well, yes its not a really clean place, but c'mon ppl. The price is unbeatable for what you get! Free food all day and really helpful stuff. And its not like other hostels, which is asking to pay for for every little thing. I really liked this place and would highly recommend it.

• 10th Aug 2015