The Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Kieler Strasse 645, Hamburg, Germany

The room was clean but the building was old. The staff was friendly

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The hostel wasn't particularly cheap for what it is and it's a bit cheeky asking for extra for bedsheets. There's a decent kitchen. It's a bit out of the way but ok to find - ask in tourist info to plan a journey if you are stuck. Zero security - bedroom doors don't lock and check in is 24/7 and there are no lockers, although there are cupboards if you have your own padlock.

Owner is great and helpful and the dogs are amazing. Rooms are basic but it's all you need. The kitchen is great but the shower could be better but it's still good.

Over priced, sketchy people, terrible location, not very safe, and to top it all off we were kicked out at 4 in the morning for taking a pee in a bush after going out for the night? This place has legal prostitution, you can party til the afternoon the next day, can smoke in bars but yet a pee in a bush will get you more trouble. Like seriously? Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 29th May 2015

Small but nice place, clean and near to the bus stop. Staff were very helpful and very friendly!

Very basic hostel, stayed for one night as I had travelled to Hamburg from Berlin to catch a flight. 30 minutes from the hauptbanhof. Nothing glamorous, however very helpful staff. Free upgrade on my room, additional wifi code provided as the signal in my room would be poor, tips on getting to the airport. Lovely staff.

• 1st May 2015

If you dont mind being ripped off in general, then this place is for you. 3 euros on top of original booking to pay for sheets and not allowed to use your own sleeping bag etc... Lockers merely breakable cupboards. Cheap but if thats the motivation then go for it. Approx 1 hour journey time to anywhere in city.

I recomend this place. I didn't expect it to be so good. Everything clean, personel is awesome and very friendly.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Very very far from downtown....simply not worth it... You got to get a subway + a bus The room was too small. Bed was a metal bunk bed...shakes like hell every time the other guy sniffs No breakfast and you have to pay for sheets...what is that about? Good kitchen, good wifi

It is clean but looks a little bit old

• 9th Apr 2015

The staff at the hostel were great. However, and I know I did this to myself by being placed in a mixed dorm, I was a little on edge for my entire stay because I was constantly being roomed with older men (I'm a 21 year old woman). Guests would also be checked into the room I was staying in at odd hours of the night and turn the lights on so they could set up their bedding and whatnot (midnight one night, one am another..) That, among other things, affected my time in Hamburg.

Rooms are too small. Bathroom is dirty.

The staff were really friendly and helpfull, but the hostel in it self is not all that nice. It's a good place to stay if you're on a budget, and you don't intend to use for anything but sleeping. The room we we're in had some sort of fungus growing on the wall, which was somehow worrying. Besides from that, the room was clean, nothing to complain about there. The bathrooms and toilets were neither clean or nice, the toilets were actually borderline disgusting. But it's cheap, and nice staff.

• 1st Apr 2015