The Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Kieler Strasse 645, Hamburg, Germany

More value for money, a little breakfast would not hurt .... rooms better, nicer equipped ...

It takes 15 min to take a bus to city center, but if you purchase a daily card that will not be a problem of the value for money.

I was angry because there was no towel to take shower when I arrived. They told me that it was common because the was no towel for everyone. I needed to be one day without a shower.

Worst bathroom I ever saw, good employees, cute dog.

The hostel is so small (about 10 rooms), if your neighbour is noisy you will hear him clearly trough the wooden walls. Far from the center (about 1h by bus),dirty kitchen. but it is fine generally to stay there if for 1 or 2 nights.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Tunisia

Although on arrival the staff are friendly the hostel is disgusting. I've been traveling for 7 months now and I have never been somewhere so remote, filthy and cramped in my life and for 18 euros. What a rip off. Would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ANYONE

I am a frequent traveller and I have been to different hostels in Europe. This hostel is in my positive list. Though it is a little far from the tourist attractions, it wouldn't be a problem if you buy a day ticket in Hamburg. There is a kitchen equipped with an oven and there are supermarkets which are a few steps away. Bathrooms and toilets are neat. If you don't want to spend an extra 3€, take your own sheets for the bed. I only wish the rent is a little lower..i feel it is over priced.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

Very welcoming atmosphere in the hostel. the staff are all very young and friendly and do their best to accomodate your needs. Not located right in the city centre, but only a short distance from the S bahn and has shops and food options next door. I would definitely stay here next time I am back in Hamburg

• 12th Oct 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hostel after having read the previous reviews. The hostel was small and cleanly, it definetely was not a party hostel which was fine by me. However the atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff friendly. Be aware the location isn't central, but there's a bus stop right outside and an Sbahn station a 10 minute walk from the hostel. Get a map and a Hamburg Card and you'll have no problems whatsoever. Downside, the facilities were abit delapidated.

staff was friendly. room very small, with very few space to store our backpacks, but okay for the price. as to the safety: front door was open all night even when there was nobody at the reception. facilities: there were works in the men's showers so there was only one room with showers for men and women. toilet doors could not be locked nor even closed :(

• 16th Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Long distance between subway Station and hostel. bad breakfast facilities in the area. supermarkets (Aldi & Co.) nearby.

• 8th Sep 2014