The Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Kieler Strasse 645, Hamburg, Germany

Very basic hostel, stayed for one night as I had travelled to Hamburg from Berlin to catch a flight. 30 minutes from the hauptbanhof. Nothing glamorous, however very helpful staff. Free upgrade on my room, additional wifi code provided as the signal in my room would be poor, tips on getting to the airport. Lovely staff.

• 1st May 2015

If you dont mind being ripped off in general, then this place is for you. 3 euros on top of original booking to pay for sheets and not allowed to use your own sleeping bag etc... Lockers merely breakable cupboards. Cheap but if thats the motivation then go for it. Approx 1 hour journey time to anywhere in city.

I recomend this place. I didn't expect it to be so good. Everything clean, personel is awesome and very friendly.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Very very far from downtown....simply not worth it... You got to get a subway + a bus The room was too small. Bed was a metal bunk bed...shakes like hell every time the other guy sniffs No breakfast and you have to pay for sheets...what is that about? Good kitchen, good wifi

It is clean but looks a little bit old

• 9th Apr 2015

The staff at the hostel were great. However, and I know I did this to myself by being placed in a mixed dorm, I was a little on edge for my entire stay because I was constantly being roomed with older men (I'm a 21 year old woman). Guests would also be checked into the room I was staying in at odd hours of the night and turn the lights on so they could set up their bedding and whatnot (midnight one night, one am another..) That, among other things, affected my time in Hamburg.

Rooms are too small. Bathroom is dirty.

The staff were really friendly and helpfull, but the hostel in it self is not all that nice. It's a good place to stay if you're on a budget, and you don't intend to use for anything but sleeping. The room we we're in had some sort of fungus growing on the wall, which was somehow worrying. Besides from that, the room was clean, nothing to complain about there. The bathrooms and toilets were neither clean or nice, the toilets were actually borderline disgusting. But it's cheap, and nice staff.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Denmark

More value for money, a little breakfast would not hurt .... rooms better, nicer equipped ...

It takes 15 min to take a bus to city center, but if you purchase a daily card that will not be a problem of the value for money.

I was angry because there was no towel to take shower when I arrived. They told me that it was common because the was no towel for everyone. I needed to be one day without a shower.

Worst bathroom I ever saw, good employees, cute dog.