The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls Reviews

Ruta 12 -km 5, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The hostel was lovely! A great location, beautiful surroundings and an excellent staff! The pool is fantastic!

The entertainment / bar / pool area were really good. My room was terrible the toilet was broken, there was a hole in the front door, there was no power or water when we first arrived. Clean up the rooms and it will be a great hostel to stay. Overall 2/5

• 31st Jan 2016

For real I don't know who made the good feedbacks here The worst stuff I ever. I felt bad every time I wanted to ask a question... The electricity start to work only at 11-12 at night and also the water And they didn't wanted to hear about not paying the full price. My friends will not go there for sure ..

This hostel thrives on its facilities and to keep a long story short, it's more than worth it. All you need in Iguazu is to cool off in the large and clean pool. Even though we booked a 6-bed dorm and got an 8-bed dorm, the staff was pretty helpful, the room had AC, the ensuite bathroom was clean and the room had lockers. But then again, all you do is sleep in your room because you are going to want to hang out next to the pool. Beers are cheap as well so I do recommend the Hostel-Inn.

• 27th Jan 2016

I'm not one to usually complain or write bad reviews, however I strongly recommend that you do NOT stay here... Even thou the exterior looks good and the pool is massive the reality is much different. The staff were extremely unhelpful and rude, plus the place is run down and not maintained properly, 1 shower out of 6 actually worked and there were wires hanging from plug sockets by the showers!

Unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Were put in a 8 person room but we had booked a 6 person room. No hot water in the shower. Rooms were untidy and not clean. Breakfast was average.

The staff was not very helpfull, not at all!

• 14th Jan 2016

Great communal areas but rooms and toilets were terrible. Old, run down and dirty. No hot water in shower also.

Helpful staff and good open area.. but be warned.. This place is not in town. Be prepared to pay for cabs unless you want to get soaked in monsoonal rains trying to find dinner. Double room was very ordinary. The mattress was old, lumpy and saggy and and everything in the room had seen better days. Quite a bit of mould on the floor, but it is in a tropical climate. Overall, good staff and common area, but bad location and overpriced private rooms

i would not recomend this hostel to anyone, the pool looked amazing and that was it. we had no wifi - no power - no water - we checked out early from this hostel as it was the worst night ive ever had in my life!!!

• 14th Dec 2015

The frequent long power outages are not the fault of the hostel, but can be extremely unpleasant. Guests should be issued a flashight along with their key. The location is inconvenient for services such as restaurants, shops and transportation. Stay in Puerto Iguazu instead. The hostel is understaffed. The staff work very hard, but still there are long waits for service. The hostel needs a lot of maintenance work, for example the toilet and lock of my dorm were broken. The breakfast is good.

Entering the hostel, first impressions were good, the hostel has a large pool to hang around. Unfortunately this was where it ended. I checked in and headed to my dorm, firstly half the front door leading directly to the outside was missing, inviting many mosquitoes and of course making it very unsafe. The lockers could of literally been opened with your fingers it was so weak, the aircon wasn't working and the smell of damp was awful. I asked to be moved, the second dorm was not much better.

There is a reason there are no pictures of the bedrooms... The bedrooms are an utter disgrace - I wasn't expecting luxury for the price but I didn't expect what we were met with. Nothing had been cleaned, the toilet was broken and leaking across the floor, the air conditioning didn't work, the mosquito nets were falling off the windows, the mattresses were beyond description - it is very probably the worst place I have ever slept.

This hostel is good if you want to visit the falls. There is a city bus passing by the hostel to take you down to the falls of Iguazu. Once back, you can eat at the hostel for a nice price as the city center is pretty far away. The atmosphere is great and the facilities are good.

The hostel has a great pool, a great park and the rooms are pretty good. However, is evident the lack of manteinance. There was a bar by the pool that never worked, almost no activities in the evenings, when asking the staff for help about how to get here or there most of the times were clueless (not even directed to some tour company to hire a tour), there was a concierge desk but nobody was there. Guest kitchen was pretty poor and dirty ... only cleaned once a week.

The mosquito grids on the Windows need improving, when we went are room was swarming wit mozzies. The pool is amazing and the staff were really nice when I was there and have me a steak from the barbecue. Overall good but cleanliness could be improved.

Nice hostel and staff but due to the rain there was a electricity shortcut in the hostel, so we had no light, no food from the restaurant, no water in the shower or toilets... for 24h. It can happen, but the staff could have worried a bit more (put some buckets with water in the toilets, offer us cold food (we had nothing to eat as the hostel is far from the city center), compensate us in any way... but nothing happened.

Room was packed full of mosquito's on arrival, however we managed to get a can of fly spray off reception. It was very relaxing sitting by the pool having a beer, but don't expect a hot shower. We attempted to have a shower 4 times and the water was freezing. Tour desk was very helpful and the food was ok, nothing flash though.

Bad experiences are part of travelling, so if you didn´t have one yet, go here! This was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in. Location is terrible without even a supermarket near and doesn´t give any advantage in going to the falls. Staff is terrible, doesn´t inform you at all. Lot of noise until 0430 because of school kids, no one silenced them.´60 rooms and wifi terrible. Hostelworld, please stop offering this hostel! 500 cts. is not even enough to describe how bad this hostel is.

View all Puerto Iguazu Hostels