The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls Reviews

Ruta 12 -km 5, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Great outside pool, lovely to sit around in the sunshine. Fatima who helps books the day trips was amazing and so helpful. The rooms however were dark and dingy and I am glad I only had one night there, it just didn't feel clean. You can only pay in cash, no cards so this was a real problem as we had not yet changed money having just arrives from Brazil. Met some lowly people but would not want to stay in the rooms again.

Hinges on doors need oiling. Air conditioners need cleaning--blocked by dust. Internet is essentially unusable at night due to slow response and page timeouts. Otherwise the hostel is quite good. 6 peso bus into town is fairly convenient. Large pool, pool tables, air conditioning, mod cons.

Some staff very helpful, others looked annoyed if you asked them for any assistance

• 9th Feb 2015

Terrible staff assistance, mostly didn't know how to help with things. Waiting in line to talk to reception would take at least an hour, no towels to rent at all, not enough room keys, staff were rude

• 8th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Do not stay here, the worst hostel I have encountered in 7 mths of travelling. Upon arrival I discovered that my outside room had no way of locking from the inside

Resort-like Hostel with a great pool, kitchen, 'restaurant', pool & table tennis & hang out area. Rooms downstairs are rather noisy but clean and comfortable beds. Not located in the city centre but since we only visited the Iguazu Falls for 2 days, we did not really visit the city itself anyways. Buses stop just in front of the door and pick you up for any destination. Staff was okay, but not overly friendly.

Great hostel more like a hotel! Amaizng pool and poolside bar. very very friendly helpful staff!! The manager Leo especially was great. would recommend tp anyone visiting iguazu falls. Bus stops right outside and have a fleetbof taxis always on hand. Perfect.

Many criticisms on this hostel were about facilities. To me, it was what you paid for (Come on, you even have a pool, how amazing for a hostel). To me, the only negative point was the atmosphere. However, as I have been to many HI hostels, I expected something cooler, more welcoming and intimate, more in the "backpackers' spirit". Actually, it's kind of a compromise between a hotel and an hostel.

Important to notice that this hostel needs extra confirmation. I did not read the email carefully enough, so when we got there, the hostel was fully booked. I have used hostelworld for many years and this is the first time the hostelworld booking and ready paid deposit was not enough! The staff wasn't even sorry and did not apalogize or sugest other options in Iguaźu. Pretty rude in my opinion. Place looked great.

Kitchen is quite under equipped. We couldn't find any spoons e.g.

No water and electricity - only told this after check in - staff where unresponsive and rude, all the time. Chill out areas where good, pool is great but needs to be cleaner (it didn't get cleaned at all during our 4 day stay). Bedrooms good - floors cleaned and bins emptied everyday. Kitchen facilities AWFUL! If you are planning on cooking here I wouldn't recommend it at all. Fridge stank, no cooking utensils, no kettle or microwave, everything broken. Kitchen itself was dirty, ants everywhere!

because of the storm night before we arrived, there was no electricity, water. After 6pm the electricity came back but the only at 8pm buut not hot water. the staff was nice but not very helpful. the location was good for the iguazu park but not if you want to walk around the city.

Good hostel to stay at while doing the Iguazu Falls. Decent location and hostel. Best bit is the great swimming pool, which is very needed with the heat at Iguazu

The place could be better, it's got a great pool, big common areas but it gives the feeling of running down (e.g. difficult to find a toilet with seats). Breakfast is good and staff (specially the manager and some of the girls) is excellent. It is far from downtown. I would try to stay in Puerto Iguazu downtown next time...or even better in Foz.

When this place was build it sure was a very nice place, but these times are gone. Today you have an average youth hostal, a bit outside the town.

Staff were not very friendly and almost fell through the stairs on the way to our room. This hostel was recommended to us by some friends that stayed there around 8 yrs ago - I don't think any maintenance has been done on this place since. Ended up leaving after one night.

• 5th Jan 2015

This hostel markets itself very well, but overall we had a poor experience. The wifi is terrible. It only works in one area of the hostel and since it's such a big place (with a lot of people trying to use it), it's very slow. The guest kitchen is a disaster. Hardly any pots or pans to use and it's very dirty. It was not a pleasant experience to cook for ourselves. The showers in the communal bathrooms don't have doors and the curtains are see through, so anyone can see you showering.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Some of the staff, didn't seem to know they were actually on work. Couldn't get toiletpaper but some threads ..That was used quickly. So once again..and again, by 7 in the evening one actually managed to find a brand new roll..so it wasn't ALL the staff..but still , come on guys.. .

There were no towels, no ventilation fan or air conditioning for our room!! In temperature over 36 C its a little uncomfortable to not be able to shower. I was promised towels and in the end after returning soaked from the falls bought my own. Breakfast was a sad affair of bread or one cereal with a slice of orange!! The images on the site foto promise a beautiful place and sell barbecue parties!! The reality is a place long overdue for a refit and very clever use of a wide angle lense

• 2nd Jan 2015

Special comments and compliments to the manager, Leo and to Javier, that helped us a lot during our arrival there, in the middle of the night, with information and support. Thank you!!!

• 31st Dec 2014