The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls Reviews

Ruta 12 -km 5, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

We liked our stay at the Hostel-inn mainly because the staff was extremely helpful, but we booked it because it was advertised on HostelWorld as 5 MIN from the bus station and it is actually 5 KM away. We were quite disappointed with this false information.

The main area of the hostel is great, a huge swimming pool, games to play and a restaurant if you don't feel like going out to eat. It's on the road to the waterfalls, which makes that really easy. The rooms are quite old and are definitely nothing fancy, but you're probably only going to be there for one or two nights anyway.

Nice stay. Great food. Awesome kitten. The place is quite large so it's harder to socialise. The pool would have been awesome if it hadn't been raining all weekend.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • dleigh
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel with a great big pool area with a bar. Caipirinhas were not good. Great music! I stayed in a 4 bed dorm that was ok. The shared bathroom was a sad story and needs total renovation. Lots of water on the floor because of leakage from the shower and the toilet.

Great pool and atmosphere. Reception and common spaces are huge. Good times at the pool and terrace. Service by the staff is quite efficient although they don't have all the info about transportation.

Good location for the falls, great pool, comfortable communal areas, dorms are a bit dark and the beds not that comfortable, air con in rooms a bit hit & miss.

The hostel has very basic dorms that were not very clean and breakfast was adequate. However the swimming pool made a nice change and the place wasn't too far to the falls using one of the onsite taxi drivers

Great outside pool, lovely to sit around in the sunshine. Fatima who helps books the day trips was amazing and so helpful. The rooms however were dark and dingy and I am glad I only had one night there, it just didn't feel clean. You can only pay in cash, no cards so this was a real problem as we had not yet changed money having just arrives from Brazil. Met some lowly people but would not want to stay in the rooms again.

Hinges on doors need oiling. Air conditioners need cleaning--blocked by dust. Internet is essentially unusable at night due to slow response and page timeouts. Otherwise the hostel is quite good. 6 peso bus into town is fairly convenient. Large pool, pool tables, air conditioning, mod cons.

Some staff very helpful, others looked annoyed if you asked them for any assistance

• 9th Feb 2015

Terrible staff assistance, mostly didn't know how to help with things. Waiting in line to talk to reception would take at least an hour, no towels to rent at all, not enough room keys, staff were rude

• 8th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Do not stay here, the worst hostel I have encountered in 7 mths of travelling. Upon arrival I discovered that my outside room had no way of locking from the inside

Resort-like Hostel with a great pool, kitchen, 'restaurant', pool & table tennis & hang out area. Rooms downstairs are rather noisy but clean and comfortable beds. Not located in the city centre but since we only visited the Iguazu Falls for 2 days, we did not really visit the city itself anyways. Buses stop just in front of the door and pick you up for any destination. Staff was okay, but not overly friendly.

Great hostel more like a hotel! Amaizng pool and poolside bar. very very friendly helpful staff!! The manager Leo especially was great. would recommend tp anyone visiting iguazu falls. Bus stops right outside and have a fleetbof taxis always on hand. Perfect.

Many criticisms on this hostel were about facilities. To me, it was what you paid for (Come on, you even have a pool, how amazing for a hostel). To me, the only negative point was the atmosphere. However, as I have been to many HI hostels, I expected something cooler, more welcoming and intimate, more in the "backpackers' spirit". Actually, it's kind of a compromise between a hotel and an hostel.

Important to notice that this hostel needs extra confirmation. I did not read the email carefully enough, so when we got there, the hostel was fully booked. I have used hostelworld for many years and this is the first time the hostelworld booking and ready paid deposit was not enough! The staff wasn't even sorry and did not apalogize or sugest other options in Iguaźu. Pretty rude in my opinion. Place looked great.

Kitchen is quite under equipped. We couldn't find any spoons e.g.

No water and electricity - only told this after check in - staff where unresponsive and rude, all the time. Chill out areas where good, pool is great but needs to be cleaner (it didn't get cleaned at all during our 4 day stay). Bedrooms good - floors cleaned and bins emptied everyday. Kitchen facilities AWFUL! If you are planning on cooking here I wouldn't recommend it at all. Fridge stank, no cooking utensils, no kettle or microwave, everything broken. Kitchen itself was dirty, ants everywhere!

because of the storm night before we arrived, there was no electricity, water. After 6pm the electricity came back but the only at 8pm buut not hot water. the staff was nice but not very helpful. the location was good for the iguazu park but not if you want to walk around the city.

Good hostel to stay at while doing the Iguazu Falls. Decent location and hostel. Best bit is the great swimming pool, which is very needed with the heat at Iguazu

View all Puerto Iguazu Hostels