The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls Reviews

Ruta 12 -km 5, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

When this place was build it sure was a very nice place, but these times are gone. Today you have an average youth hostal, a bit outside the town.

Staff were not very friendly and almost fell through the stairs on the way to our room. This hostel was recommended to us by some friends that stayed there around 8 yrs ago - I don't think any maintenance has been done on this place since. Ended up leaving after one night.

• 5th Jan 2015

This hostel markets itself very well, but overall we had a poor experience. The wifi is terrible. It only works in one area of the hostel and since it's such a big place (with a lot of people trying to use it), it's very slow. The guest kitchen is a disaster. Hardly any pots or pans to use and it's very dirty. It was not a pleasant experience to cook for ourselves. The showers in the communal bathrooms don't have doors and the curtains are see through, so anyone can see you showering.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Some of the staff, didn't seem to know they were actually on work. Couldn't get toiletpaper but some threads ..That was used quickly. So once again..and again, by 7 in the evening one actually managed to find a brand new roll..so it wasn't ALL the staff..but still , come on guys.. .

There were no towels, no ventilation fan or air conditioning for our room!! In temperature over 36 C its a little uncomfortable to not be able to shower. I was promised towels and in the end after returning soaked from the falls bought my own. Breakfast was a sad affair of bread or one cereal with a slice of orange!! The images on the site foto promise a beautiful place and sell barbecue parties!! The reality is a place long overdue for a refit and very clever use of a wide angle lense

• 2nd Jan 2015

Special comments and compliments to the manager, Leo and to Javier, that helped us a lot during our arrival there, in the middle of the night, with information and support. Thank you!!!

• 31st Dec 2014

It was amazing to be there. Thanks for interesting few days. Thank mainly the staff Antonieta. I recommended!

• 24th Dec 2014

Great staff all young and dynamic They have this staff band called Los abuelos de texas playing music in night time it's just superb! This hostel is the place to be in Iguacu. Special thanks to Leo, Mono, Tinna, Nato, Vero, Grinch

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Morocco

It was nice and really close to the Reserva de Animales (only 5 minutes to walk) and also near by the waterfalls park. The bus stop was directly in the front of the Hostel at the street. The pool was great but had a lot of sun. There are a restaurant and a bar really close to the Hostel.

Decent hostel. I found the beds very comfortable and my room was nicely air conditioned. The staff were also very helpful and the breakfast was good. However, there were very few plug sockets at the establishment so I was unable to charge my phone during my stay. I found this irritating.

The last night, they checked people in late at night and gave them the wrong key....so when i was already sleeping some very loud americans entered my room...the wrong room, we were full....meanwhile another group partied al night long in and around the swimmingpool....a lot of noise and beers going around in the pool...in daytime they can put the music very loud at the pool....so if you can stand nightly parties and a drunken staff....it's okay.. The staff of the kitchen is very friendly!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Hostel was great but many of the staff were pretty unhelpful and couldn't answer what I assumed would be pretty basic questions about the area (where to eat, how to get around, best way to get to Iguazu Falls, etc.)

• 1st Dec 2014

The staff is extremely unfriendly and unhelpful - our booking was incorrect even though i had emailed to re-confirm and the amounts charged were also wrong. There are no activities organised, there is little information on the area and when i asked for a map, reception said they didn't have any and didn't even try to explain or help. The hostel is in a beautiful building, has a great swimming pool but is lacks 'atmosphere' and organisation. Indeed a shame!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • lilJo
  • Portugal

The hostal offered good value for money. It is definitely one of the better hostals in Argentina. What I really liked was the great service in terms of providing information about how to visit the Iguazu falls. The guy who was in charge of this was extremely helpful and friendly. What I did not like were the damp, bad smelling towels. The internet connection was not great and almost did not work at all in the private rooms.

• 18th Nov 2014

It needs mantenance

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The staff were wonderful, assisted us in sorting out our journey, booked taxis and made us feel very welcome. A large hostel that soon felt like home. Great place to stay

• 7th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, great facilities. . Staff are really helpful.

I was completely satisfied with my experience. My basic needs were covered (my prime objective), and on top of that I had a great, almost luxurious, time. Five stars.

• 30th Oct 2014