The Hostel Paulista Reviews

Rua Pamplona, 793, Jardins, Sao Paulo, Brazil

They could fix the showers. Out of this, everything's pretty fine. Good location, cheap, staff is nice, breakfast is good too, lockers are too large and spacious, there's a lot of places around to eat and to have fun, specially Augusta and Frei Caneca Street and MASP Museum. It worth a visit.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • arturcamargo

It is better if you learn some Portuguese to communicate with staff as nobody speaks English.If the weather is hot the the rooms are muggy.We didn't like our stay very much but on the otherhand hostel is very close to the Av.Paulista and breakfast is better than expected.

Berhan, I'm astonished with your review!! Our staff is fully prepared to speak English, Spanish and Portuguese. This summer was the hottest in 70 years, maybe that's why you found too warm. I'm really sorry that you didn't have the same experience as many others.

Very nice and helpful people. Good location.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time IN the hostel - but the staff were good & very friendly, the facilities will be good when the work is finished & breakfast was as expected. Security though - the main front door has a buzzer, but is actually just open all the time and didn't seem to close properly at all. Now, the reception is 24hrs and most of the staff did seem to know who should be there, but with no locks on dorm doors either, there is a security risk there. Get the front door fixed!

No complains. Would stay there again.

Location is great : next to the metro station and the staff is very helpfull ! The room are clean and well disposed ! I enjoyed my stay there !

Very good hostel! I'll recommend for anyone! :) Gonna be back there next time

The rooms where very clean and decorated in a way that you feel comfortable. Moreover the staff is really nice and helpful.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Austria

we had no idea about where to go in sao paulo and only stayed for one night. the location is very central close to paulista avenue and the metro that takes you savely around the city and to the bus terminal. staff was very friendly and spoke decent english. otherwise there were mostly brasilian people staying at the hostel who were very friendly and chatted with us a lot ;-) The rooms are ok, dorms are a little crowded when full with luaggage and stuff. overall it was a good choice!

I'm totally satisfied with the service from the staff and the facilities, the rooms and toilets everyday were cleaned and my bed was comfortable :) May be it would be nice to add fruit in the breakfast.

Rooms are a bit cramped but nice hostel. Would recommend heading out on a ride with the Urban Bike SP crew. Good blokes.

The hostel is good. The staff is very friendly. Unfortunately are the rooms very small and the restrooms aren't good.

Awesome hostel with a chilled atmosphere . The owners and staff are dedicated to making sure every one is well accommodated. Location is ideal - close to metro

A little over rated and really expensive! Great location and nicely clean, but beds were packed into tiny rooms and kitchen not great. Staff were relatively helpful, but didn´t seem that knowledgable about their area.

Lindsay, even you staying at the best and most expensive area of São Paulo, our rates are intermediated between all of the hostels around the city. All our staff are properly prepared to give all infos about the city, supplying maps and flyers. We are very sorry that you didn't have the same experience as most of our guests.

We only stayed at the hostel for one night but I really had a great time. The people are very friendly and everything looked fine. I really can recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 20th Aug 2013

Great hostel with an awesome staff! The hostel is perfectly located in the city center with the metro just a block away. Everyone I encountered that worked there was more than helpful and had plenty of great recommendations! Well done guys!

I booked this hostel because I read a lot of reviews saying it was the best hostel that people had stayed in this is defiantly not the case. It's not a bad hostel by anymeans. The staff are friendly the breakfast is good. I did enjoy my stay here.

Lovely hostel with lovely helpful staff!

Cold water shower almost every day. Despite that it was all really nice.

João, we have hot shower every single day. There is one single tap which you can control the temperature openning more for cold water or openning less for hot water. We are very sorry that you didn't have "hot shower".

Good location 1 block from the subway and maybe the best streets for day/night life. Common rooms quite small and ran out of beer 1 night.

We ran out of beer for few hours and it was replaced as soon could be.