The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff were very helpful when I was trying to coordinate individual bookings for a group of friends. Made it all very easy and never made me feel like I was being a nuisance.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

much improved. Everything very clean

I had very good time in Edinburgh. This hotel is quite close to city center by walk. Even you can use tramway and buses.

Very good hostel. I would definitely stay again.

• 26th Jun 2015

Located right near the Haymarket train station. Short 15 min walk from the princes street shopping center. 30-40 min walk for all of the main attractions which is great.

It was a nice enough place, fairly clean. Not in a great location but close enough to walk most places if you've got sensible shoes. My only complaint is the showers. The temperature knobs are basically for show, you have the choice between scalding hot or ice cold.

Not having an overnight staff lead to a couple of very unpleasant bathrooms in the morning. There was no one motoring the drunks coming in late. The lounge area was tiny for the number of rooms. space between bunks was pretty tiny too.

From the moment my group arrived at The Hostel we were harassed by several other men staying there. We were staying in a 16 person dorm and we had left to go get some dinner after traveling all day, some of us his our backpacks under our blankets and pillows (because there weren't lockers big enough for backpacks) and we came back to our backpacks wide open and searched through. The area it is located is on the very outer edges of Edinburgh, quite far from the city center. Also Co-Ed bathrooms.

• 17th Jun 2015

Fantastic hostel with great facilities. Lots of space in the common area, comfy beds and small but functional kitchen. All the staff are really helpful. Wish I could stay longer!

Though staffs were helpful, the keys do not work too often. I had to make roommates wake up and open the room door to let me check out. I needed to leave breakfast in the fridge as the kitchen door does not open with the key. There are some people that keep chatting in the hall right outside the door till morning, which make it a bit hard to sleep well. But given the price, this should be acceptable.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Pretty crowded and wifi was glitchy , though that was just on the days I was there I guess. No lockers for each bed. Key card were very temperamental. Mine stopped working in the middle of the night when I had to go to the bathroom. Had to knock loudly and wake someone up to open the door. Pretty far from downtown. Nice walk though

Rooms lack of ventilation in the 16 bed dorm rooms. Specially avoid 16 Bed Mixed Dorm next to the kitchen, very cramped and claustrophobic. Noisy and creaking beds. Kitchen needs some up-dating. Reception only works 8am-11pm then close after breakfast for 1-2.

Overall it's a good hostel. It's well-organized although only provides basic facilities. Staffs were mostly nice and accomodative.

The member of staff I dealt with was incredibly unfriendly and didn't seem to want to be of any help. The dorm was tiny and there wasn't enough space for everyone's luggage. Bad experience overall and zero atmosphere here.

I liked everything - cheap, great location, comfy beds. Although the bathrooms should definately be claned more often.

• 10th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my time at the Hostel - manily due to the amazing staff! Thanks Erin, Locran and David for making my stay so great. I think the Hostel is best described as a comfy place for the not so fussy traveller. I really liked the simplicity of it and I mean for the price you pay it's great value.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Bahamas

The rooms were very cramped, and it was difficult to find space to put my belongings. The lack of lockers in the rooms is kind of ridiculous. I didn't eat the breakfast because I could find better food for cheaper in the city. Finally, I don't understand why the temperature of the showers cannot be adjusted. All in all, not a bad visit, but not a particularly memorable one. Next time I would spend more money to find a better hostel, or get an AirBnB.

• 5th Jun 2015

The local to have a shower was absolutely freezing with frozen air blowing on you no mirror in private rooms. Continental breakfast disgusting for 2 pounds per person.

• 2nd Jun 2015

A nice common room and a really nice kitchen. Shared bathrooms, but wasn't any problems what I noticed. Comfortable beds and nice big windows. We were lucky to get really cool roomies, but otherwise I think it was hard to socialize bc there was not really a lot of events that the hostel provided for the guests.

Bad. Just bad. Wifi didn't work, dorm smelled weird, bins weren't cleaned out, showers tiny and dirty, the kitchen didn't open until 8am so early leavers couldn't even make a tea or coffee before checking out. There was no security, we had people from our dorm bringing other people into the room who weren't staying in the hostel and were loud the whole night. Overall we had a terrible experience, will not stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3