The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, EH12 5DR, Edinburgh, Scotland

Only stayed for one night but a large French group were there also playing loud music, banging doors, shouting. Just running riot on my floor which was annoying.

Positives: +Polite staff +Close location to Murrayfield Stadium +Close to Haymarket Station +Reasonably inexpensive Negatives: -Dorm was too hot -Loud noise from the street -Only lockers were in reception, and reception was not open 24 hours -Dorm quite small.....would recommend to anyone who needed to stay somewhere close to Murrayfield

I had a great visit at this hostel...nice common area with a pool table and TV, comfy bed, modern kitchen. Staff were also helpful in pointing me in the direction of a nice pub down the road to eat dinner where hostel guests get 20% off. I would recommend it!

• 19th Mar 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. The location is great if you don't mind walking around the city. There are hostels closer to the center, but they seemed to be more expensive, and Edinburgh really isn't too big. The staff was friendly and free lockers are provided. My keycard stopped working halfway through the stay, but staff was very kind and simply printed a new one. The wi-fi was the biggest problem, as it was spotty and often did not work.

Very good place for this value of money. Clean, warm and organized. I found it just a bit noisy in the morning because of the busy street.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Poland

Location is great, right opposite Haymarket station however the common area is tiny, especially for the number of rooms in the hostel. There were about ten people trying to have breakfast when we got down, the white bread was mouldy and not enough spoons for everyone to eat at once. The kitchen area is too small for more than one person to use so not ideal if you are looking to cook your own food. All bathrooms are mixed and there was no soap or toilet paper and mould in the shower units.

Nice friendly staff. Bit of a walk into town, but there are plenty of pubs right next door so you might not need to bother! Our key cards didn't work, but there happened to be staff available even at midnight so we didn't get locked out in the cold. Kitchen is tiny but well equipped. Just have to stagger your cooking times to not clash with other guests.

The Hostel is very good value for money. Decent accommodation at the lowest prices you will find anywhere. It's well heated, has tv, wi-fi, decent showers and friendly staff. However, security is a bit of a minus because I found people who weren't guests accessing the hostel and although these people were occasional guests, they were continuing to use the facilities even when they weren't staying there and that raises question marks over security. Also, lockers are behind the reception desk.

The location is perfect if you're travelling to or from Haymarket. If you want to go to the city center, you have to use public transport. The hostel itself had only a small common room and it closed quite early (11). As a result many people were sitting in the halls. I had to walk past them to use the bathroom, which was quite annoying. Also the bedroom was very small. There was quite a big road outside my room and the doors made a lot of noise when opening, so I didn't sleep from all the noise

The hostel is a good place to stay, but the bathroom is too cold and not very clean. The bathroom doesn't have a good sink and space.

Had a great time. Good value for money.

I love the stay there because all the staff are really helpful, the atmosphere is friendly and I felt safe, beds are new and the rooms are warm This time I recommended more than ten of my friends stay there. I am sure I will recommend it to more and I am sure I will stay there again next time I am in Edinburgh

• Poland

Perfect place especially for groups, smart and very professional staff, everything was perfect, free WiFi , good little kitchen , good beds , good atmosphere

• 18th Dec 2013

Location is really great just across the street from the Haymarket Train Station, The atmosphere is really nice, and there is a bar and a restaurant with good quick food and cheap drinks around the corner. The staff were great and helpful, rooms were clean and warm Nice Place ill go back

• 18th Dec 2013

The Atmosphere was fun, modern, aimed toward a young crowd. Many other students traveling like myself. Good lounge and kitchen for cooking food. Rooms were spacious beds were warm, clean and comfortable.

• Poland

Offered all the facilities I wanted. Very clean and spacious. New bunks and warm rooms staff were great

• Bahamas

The hostel has a good location near a train station and buses. The staff was nice, friendly and helpful.

• Bangladesh

Very friendly and helpful staff. rooms was very clean and had lots of space. Bunk beds are new good personal space. There was a cafe serving anything from light bites to full meals around the corner, Laundry room, free Wi-Fi internet access and security is good with your own key card . Even though I only stayed for one night, I loved the stay very much and will be returning.

• Turkey

The only bad point is that they close the kitchen at 23h, so it's not possible to eat something when u come from the night.

i liked this place because it good value for my money and the beds were comfertable and warm , i found the staff verry good at helping me out with anything i needed to know met a couple of good travelers who i got on with i would go back

• 12th Dec 2013