The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great place to stay - incredibly cheap, right next to Haymarket train station, and you even get a discount for their partner Hotel's bistro - what amazing and cheap food! What else could you wish for. Had the best time!

• 31st Jan 2016

My staff was ok, nothing exceptional, but the Hostel was clean and felt safe. It's also central and the staff are nice and helpful to advise where to go and eat etc..

• 28th Jan 2016

Generally things were okay but the temperature of the showers was poor (either freezing cold/boiling hot, or just plain cool). The beds were very squeaky preventing a good night's sleep. Although the description of the location wasn't necessarily wrong (although I would say 5-10 minutes walk from Princes St. is optimistic) most people who aren't familiar with Edinburgh won't realise how long Princes St is so I was disappointed when it took us over 30 minutes to walk there from the centre.

• 9th Jan 2016

Very Nice hostel...because of high season was a bit expensive

Great place - staff up for a good chat and the Hostel was quite empty when I stayed tere, so I was pretty much the only person in my dorm. Would definately recomend.

• 7th Jan 2016

I had a great experience ! I stayed in 16 bedroom, it was great ! I would recommend this hostel !

• 6th Jan 2016

I get that everything is over-priced for the Hogmanay period, and any criticism isn't unique to this hostel, so I won't complain about the £195/night price of our 3-bed private room. The bed however was rubbish. The mattress was beyond end-of-life. The blanket for the double bed was a single size. The pillows were dank. The room was cold. Struggled to get a warm water from the shower, toilet paper or soap... however the last point might be different when it's not so busy.

Stayed at The Hostel over New Years. It was fine. The location was good, walking distance to central Edinburgh, the pool table was fun and the kitchen was pretty decent (although small). Annoying though, despite there being 4 of us, we were only given 2 keys, even after asking for extras. This made it a bit difficult as we were all doing our own thing. Also, the showers either gave 3rd degree burns or frostbite. Lockers in the rooms would also be quite helpful.

• 31st Dec 2015

A nice short walk to the city centre and super close to the airport. Showers were disgusting, they had so much hair on the floors. Comfy beds. No atmosphere at all.

We stayed in the hostel over New Years so we payed a fortune. I was in a very cramped 16 bed dorm. The bathroom facilities are terrible there are only 3 or 4 showers with terrible water pressure for a whole floor of dorm rooms. The hostel doesn't really have any common rooms or places to relax so there was no where to escape the overcrowding. It is one of the most unpleasant hostel stays I've ever had

Great value for money hostel in a very good location, but there was bad smell in room. Not sure whether it was from other 3 people that I was sharing the room with or the room needed to be cleaned. I'm pretty it was someone in the room that needed a shower lol. I would give this hostel another chance and hopefully next time share with people that shower.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Faroe Islands

Great value for money. Paid only a few quid for a bed in the 16-bed dorm! It was a bit cramped, but not too bad. The location is great, right next to Haymarket train station.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed staying there. it's clean, hot water whwnever, only some problems with wi-fi in the rooms!

An inexpensive bed for the night, basic facilities but everything you need and very friendly atmosphere.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

It is one of the worst hostels I have stayed at in the UK. The kitchen has almost utensils, no oven mitt, barely equipped to make food in. The beds were WAYYY to cramped. They were jammed together you could barely walk between them. There was nowhere to really put your stuff the beds were too low to the ground to put anything below them. The beds are very slopped and hurt my back. The lounge is uncomfortable to hang out in. There are better hostel in the city to stay at.

Cheap place for a decent nights sleep.

It is a very comfortable place to stay!

Great room and respectful people, until a man came in and decided to harass a woman and wake everyone up. Must have been pissed cause he was butt naked in the morning.

The hostel is very simple but was perfect for my one day stay. The staff is really very kind, friendly and helpful, when we asked some city tips as well. It`s is a clean place. The only thing that I didn`t liked so much is the mixed bathroons and the lack for a private place for girls to dress up, the stand with a good mirror is in the middle of the living room. Despite of this I would definitely recommend.

Great price but a really basic hostel. The only really terrible thing was the dorm room which was so stuffy and smelly that I could only sleep a couple of hours at a time. In my opinion it is really worth paying a few more pounds for a more comfortable, atmospheric and better located hostel - Edinburgh has plenty to offer!

« first « Prev 1 2 3