The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great for budget travellers! Got a clean room, comfy bed and good duvet. Great common area, quite a lot of bathrooms and well equipped kitchen. The girl at the reception were very welcoming.

• 14th Apr 2015

The Hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever been to - and I've travelled a lot around the world... It has an awesome atmosphere and great staff! Met a lot of like mineded people while I stayed there that are now travelling buddies! See u again!

• 12th Apr 2015

I loved all the facilities and the friendliness of the staff.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Bangladesh

This is the cheapest facility with friendliest staff I've encountered in hostels all over the world. Just a few blocks to train and bus stations, a bit farther to the centre of Edinburgh (like a 15 minute walk), but still very walkable. Kitchen is good; many grocery shops and restaurants within a block. Highly recommended.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Dorms have too many beds for too little lights: in our 16-bed dorm there was only one light, in the middle of the ceiling, so if one person got back late and turned that on, everybody would wake up with the flash. Solution: individual lights over each bed. There were only 4 sockets for the whole room. Individual sockets would solve this. Moreover, we got to stay in the dorm that faces the street, so it was really loud with all vehicles' sounds all night. Only one bathroom for the whole floor!

Good location. The reception area was odd - only a small opening with the receptionist's desk at the side. The male receptionist who greeted me was not overly friendly - this gave me an uneasy start to my stay. I shared with one girl in a two-person room when I had booked into a six-person room. Room was nice, bathroom facilities were okay. The shower I used only had tepid water even when the temperature was turned up full. I wouldn't stay here again.

The Hostel is really good value for the price you pay. I stayed there with a big group for a Stag party and it was the perfect place for us. We had booked a 16-bed room for just ourslves, and it was all we could have asked for - comfrotable, 24 hrs access, good and clean facilities. There are also lots of pubs and bars around, so was a really good place for us. Also the Haymarket train station is right next to it, so on the day of our departure we could sleep in and catch a train just next door.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very nice and helpful. The location is excellent as you can jump off the Haymarket station and The Hostel is right before you. The excellent location lets you get easily to anything you might want to see.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The cleanliness of the bedroom, the duvet was unclean and dusty as I woke with respirational problems. The showers were dirty. The staff were less enthusiastic, and advised of poor instructions to local area which I hoped had more insight as a host of hostel. I suppose you get what you pay for, although the price is good and felt safe here as well my bags.

• 1st Apr 2015

For the £8 I payed for the bed I was more than satisfied. Overall quite clean, had a nice kitchen and great staff, so no complaints!

• 16th Mar 2015

when i was back from sightseeing to sleep, I found my sheet with towel were taken out. No information between reception and house keeper? And no apologize from anybody.

great location, rooms were ok, staff was friendly but poor breakfast ;)

Great Hostel! Good price for the value you get :) Would definately stay again and will recommend this place to all of my friends.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was great, in a great location, I would definitely stay again. The one major draw back was a REALLY squeaky bed that kept me awake a lot during the night.

Great hostel with nice staff where I rest and met nice girls that slept on the same room.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

I cannot even describe the amazing hospitality offered by the Staff of the Hostel. After being away from home for some time, I felt like I had come home. The arrangement of the hostel was great, widely available kitchen, comfortable rooms, and a great lounge with a pool table! We were very lucky to get an amazing Private 3-bed room. The location is ideal, and well connected to the centre of Edinburgh.

• 16th Feb 2015

The location was perfect and had lots of options for restaurants and shops. The staff were absolutely awesome and helpful with suggestions for places to go around the city. Very nice facilities and all around a great hostel.

• 9th Feb 2015

Absolutely fantastic place to stay. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Erin! Lovely clean rooms, great showers in the shared bathrooms, everything was lovely and clean. A great, laid back place to stay in the heart of Edinburgh. I would highly recommend this hostel!

• 2nd Feb 2015

the dormitory room was really small, two people have difficulties at passing in the space between the beds at the same time, let alone opening your own luggage in that space.

Overall a good experience, but the shared facilities could have been clean more often. Stayed in the private 3-bed dorm and it was really good value for the money paid!

• 26th Jan 2015