The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

There was SO many beds in our twleve bed dorm...but to the point where there was literally not a logical place to put your bag. It was just far too crowded in there, there's no space to move...or breathe. Additionally, the next morning, the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold...which wasn't so nice. I also thought it was odd that the common area of the hostel closed at 11...doesn't really promote a friendly atmosphere. Overall, would not recommend this hostel.

This was my first stat at this hostel after previously staying at their other hostel in Edinburgh, I moved here due to the other hostel being fully booked. I must stay after reading previous reviews I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff I met were kind and friendly and are always on hand should you have any problems. The kitchen is not so big but clean and tidy with Lott of cooking pots and pans. Breakfast was nice at only £2.00 I would recommend.

I did not like the fact that it is shared toilets for men and women. Went through about 4-5 key cards as they kempt not working. The housekeeper threw away my whole toiletry bag, which had a valuable item in it. The 6 bed female borm is not a 6 bed room- you have to squeeze sideways through the beds just to get into the room and when you have more then 2 suitcases in there, it gets crowded. Very squeeky beds. It was also inconvenient for me to not have the kitchen open earlier.

The lady at reception was a bit rude. Its about a 20 minute walk away from the royal mile. Breakfast i believe was a bit overpriced for what it was.

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm and the room was too small. This made it difficult coming in and out of the room as I had to climb over my bag to get to the bed. I found the female receptionist helpful, she recommended me a place for breakfast. The male receptionist was not friendly and made my arrival quite a negative experience. If this hostel were in a better location, and had more spacious rooms, it might be worth the amount I paid for it.

The rooms were small and cramped, bathrooms were terrible and the staff - excluding the man that checked me in was very rude

The girl at the reception was quite rude and aggressive to me. The room was fine and clean. Breakfast is charged.

Bathroom was disgusting!

• 11th Jul 2015

I must say this place has improved 100% since my last visit, it's great place to meet people and is clean and tidy. Must say staff are very helpful too

This hostel had the elements of excellence: proper showers, toilets, a sitting area, pretty comfortable beds, linens provided, a locking box in the main office for any valuables. I didn't like being locked out of the sitting area at 11pm especially because it made it harder to make phone calls home without disturbing people. the time difference interfered with making earlier calls. The bigger issue was having a group of young people who couldn't clean up after themsethe kitchen was a disaster

Go for it! It's the best you can get!!!

Hostel generally most pleasant, clean, friendly and well thought out. Breakfast at £2.00 was brilliant, basic of course but great for the budget traveller. Free wifi and use of computer a real bonus, there is quite a high charge for wifi in SYHA hostels. Only real complaint was the key system which basically just does not work, people are constantly locked out of their rooms,our pass cards did not work for over 50% of the time, we had to let a very embarassed person in at 2.00am.

Staff were very helpful when I was trying to coordinate individual bookings for a group of friends. Made it all very easy and never made me feel like I was being a nuisance.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

much improved. Everything very clean

Very nice place: busy and friendly, and a straight walk into the city centre, giving time to admire what the city is like! Staff were helpful, and everything was clean; fellow guests were nice too.

• 29th Jun 2015

Bathrooms cleans but tiny sinks with no place to place toiletries. Two pounds not bad for breakfast, but the breakfast had small selection and no fruit or juice.

I had very good time in Edinburgh. This hotel is quite close to city center by walk. Even you can use tramway and buses.

Very good hostel. I would definitely stay again.

• 26th Jun 2015

Located right near the Haymarket train station. Short 15 min walk from the princes street shopping center. 30-40 min walk for all of the main attractions which is great.

It was a nice enough place, fairly clean. Not in a great location but close enough to walk most places if you've got sensible shoes. My only complaint is the showers. The temperature knobs are basically for show, you have the choice between scalding hot or ice cold.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4