The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

The only thing that miss is the possibility of having some personal locker 24/7.

• 27th Aug 2015

Nice hostel city not far away.

We stayed here during the fringe and I appreciate prices are highly inflated during this period but the room was not worth the price we paid but I guess that's to be expected during the fringe.The 3 bed private room had a double/single bunk bed, a bin, 3 chairs, a clothing rail & 2 plug sockets (which was not enough when there was 3 of us that needed to charge our phones overnight), the other thing it could do with is a mirror.The bathrooms are mixed gender.The hostel was kept clean.Nice lounge.

I have given the staff a good rating but was marred by a lazy and laissez faire Kiwi/Aus, who's attitude was couldn't care less, on our last day. I think closing the front reception room/breakfast room is a little early at 09.30 hrs...probably 10.00hrs would be more user friendly. The showers on the top floor were either cool or so baking hot that I felt it was unsafe on the skin.

• Mixed Group, 41+

Nice place for the price. Staff are friendly and helpful and good kitchen and pool table.

• 13th Aug 2015

There is 12 beds in a smelly small rooms and toilets are shared with girls and guys in a dirty way.

• Argentina

Unfortunately your website is out of date and we spent nearly an hour looking for a non- existent car park, which has obviously been a building site for some time. Your staff were very helpful but we ended up paying £35 for parking some distance away. This is not acceptable. How can I trust that the information on your site is current?

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Wales

The room were too small for that many beds, with only 2 plugs by the window and 16 people that need to charge their phones. Bathroom was dirty. Kitchen and lounge room close to early anand if you want to sped time chating with people or watching a movie there are no common space after 11. Either you do it in the room or you have to leave the hostel. Nice people but ththey need to lower the prices if don't offer more

not enough showers/toilets/washbasins for the number of rooms, everything else: excellent!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Austria

I think its the little things that made this place uncomfortable. Lots of squeaky beds crammed together, mediocre common area, no organized events, bathrooms were sort of clean but stall doors never latched properly. Location is fine but not central to most places you will want to go. No lockers.

Very clean with a friendly atmosphere. Good facilities. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• 31st Jul 2015

The room was very small. At least they could make an effort to put some hooks/shelves on the wall. And make sure luggage can be stored under the beds...

There was SO many beds in our twleve bed dorm...but to the point where there was literally not a logical place to put your bag. It was just far too crowded in there, there's no space to move...or breathe. Additionally, the next morning, the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold...which wasn't so nice. I also thought it was odd that the common area of the hostel closed at 11...doesn't really promote a friendly atmosphere. Overall, would not recommend this hostel.

This was my first stat at this hostel after previously staying at their other hostel in Edinburgh, I moved here due to the other hostel being fully booked. I must stay after reading previous reviews I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff I met were kind and friendly and are always on hand should you have any problems. The kitchen is not so big but clean and tidy with Lott of cooking pots and pans. Breakfast was nice at only £2.00 I would recommend.

Only stayed 1 night so can't say I got a true feel for the hostel. I was flying out of EDI early in the morning so wanted a convenient place to stay. This is right near Haymarket Station where a bus stops every 10min to/from the airport. I was hoping to get some sleep before my early flight but didn't because of my roommates. That's not really the hostels fault, but the vibe was definitely a younger crowd, so I feel that's more prone to happen. A hotel room may have been better for my situation.

I did not like the fact that it is shared toilets for men and women. Went through about 4-5 key cards as they kempt not working. The housekeeper threw away my whole toiletry bag, which had a valuable item in it. The 6 bed female borm is not a 6 bed room- you have to squeeze sideways through the beds just to get into the room and when you have more then 2 suitcases in there, it gets crowded. Very squeeky beds. It was also inconvenient for me to not have the kitchen open earlier.

The lady at reception was a bit rude. Its about a 20 minute walk away from the royal mile. Breakfast i believe was a bit overpriced for what it was.

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm and the room was too small. This made it difficult coming in and out of the room as I had to climb over my bag to get to the bed. I found the female receptionist helpful, she recommended me a place for breakfast. The male receptionist was not friendly and made my arrival quite a negative experience. If this hostel were in a better location, and had more spacious rooms, it might be worth the amount I paid for it.

The rooms were small and cramped, bathrooms were terrible and the staff - excluding the man that checked me in was very rude

The girl at the reception was quite rude and aggressive to me. The room was fine and clean. Breakfast is charged.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4