The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, EH12 5DR, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent situation next to Haymarket station, to a lot of buses among which the bus to and from the airport, at 15 minute walk from the centre of the old and new town Clean and comfortable place to stay and recuperate after having been around all day, and especially my grateful regards to Erin managing the hostel, welcoming you with the most attentive smile, always ready to answer your needs and questions whatever. Thank you.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for the convenience and superb location

• 22nd Jul 2014

In the rooms we didn't have a single mirror, and weren't able to use the power points for anything more than chargers, making us use hairdryers and straighteners in the common area. The bathrooms were unacceptable considering the lack of mirrors in rooms. The sinks and mirrors were tiny. Also parts of the floor was rotting, and they were generally unclean. Finally the luggage room, which is downstairs from reception was constantly left unlocked and unattended.

Six of us were booked into a 14bed dorm. The room should hold no more than 6/8. we came home one night to find one of our beds had been given away!!! The young (only) staffmember on duty was rude and aggressive. Communal areas including kitchen are locked early so everybody gathers in the tiny lobby with a small TV and 4 chairs. Our overall impression is the place exists to cram as many as possible in, take the money and forget about any human comforts

Pros: Excellent, friendly staff. comfy beds, usually clean toilets/sinks, nice lounge, decent location, good price. Cons: Dirty showers with no hot/cold control, very few power outlets, no in-room lockers, hot room. As a young woman, I found it a bit uncomfortable to be in a 14 bed dorm with all men, at least two of whom appeared to live at the hostel full-time. I woke up with an older guy watching me. Creepy vibes, but they seemed harmless. No 24 hour reception. Long walk to town center.

We would require some offers/deals during summer

• 26th Jun 2014
  • India

this was so bad! the bathrooms are not clean. no toilet paper in any of the stalls for a whole day. reception closed randomly so it's hard to get help. construction outside our room, so we were woken by drills at 8am every day. wifi fails about once an hour, different staff go by different policies (one took a deposit for a towel, the other said they didn't take deposits when I tried to get deposit back.) and of course the computer system fails when I try to print my boarding pass. worst. ever.

Shame the beds squeak... makes a good nights sleep nearly impossible, even if you are lucky enough to have a room full of non-snoring people...

• 12th Jun 2014

Pillows could be changed up, due to stains. Showers were cold. Breakfast could be extended.

Very friendly staff and great location (the hostel is situated just opposite to haymarket station). Can't exactly comment on the atmosphere of the hostel since I stayed for only one night, but it seemed as though people were indeed interacting regularly there. The only issue that I had was their blankets smelt a wee bit weird, but other than that is was ok.

1 2 Next » last »