The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, EH12 5DR, Edinburgh, Scotland

This was a very friendly hostel and good value. On the downside - the beds were very squeaky and the kitchen was locked between 10pm and 8am. Very inconvenient.

Place is very nice, a 20 min walk from the royal mile. The 18 people rooms are packed, and the card key that I was given would only work one out of each ten times I tried to use it to enter my room. Staff is nice friendly, but non of the wall sockets in the room or common areas worked, so I had to stand in the kitchen for more than an hour to get my phone and camera charged. It was friday, so as I was trying to get some sleep, a lot of people were very very noisy and drinking outside the room.

Only stayed for one night but a large French group were there also playing loud music, banging doors, shouting. Just running riot on my floor which was annoying.

Positives: +Polite staff +Close location to Murrayfield Stadium +Close to Haymarket Station +Reasonably inexpensive Negatives: -Dorm was too hot -Loud noise from the street -Only lockers were in reception, and reception was not open 24 hours -Dorm quite small.....would recommend to anyone who needed to stay somewhere close to Murrayfield

I had a great visit at this hostel...nice common area with a pool table and TV, comfy bed, modern kitchen. Staff were also helpful in pointing me in the direction of a nice pub down the road to eat dinner where hostel guests get 20% off. I would recommend it!

• 19th Mar 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. The location is great if you don't mind walking around the city. There are hostels closer to the center, but they seemed to be more expensive, and Edinburgh really isn't too big. The staff was friendly and free lockers are provided. My keycard stopped working halfway through the stay, but staff was very kind and simply printed a new one. The wi-fi was the biggest problem, as it was spotty and often did not work.

Very good place for this value of money. Clean, warm and organized. I found it just a bit noisy in the morning because of the busy street.

• 2nd Mar 2014