The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Male/female sharing bathrooms - not great. Not very clean, no mattress protection, no heating in the room.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

This hostel was great, but the worn out key cards were really annoying, especially bring in the bunk right next to the door.

honestly for me the kitchen is allways the most important thing for a hostel and this one was terrible

I like everything about The Hostel. I only had two little problems: 1) The reception desk opens between 8am and 11pm. At night you need to use a keycard to enter The Hostel and, in my case, it often did not work! It was a very incomfortable disturbance because I had to press the buzzer botton and ask for help. 2) The last night I arrived late at the Hostel and I found a boy sleeping in my bed! I do not know who was responsible for this organisational mistake. However, I was given another bed.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I had a lovely time in Edinburgh over the past few days, but this hostel was not an added enjoyment or comfort, but a source of constant irritation. Key cards didn't work very well; I had to change mine after a few days, before generally resorting to leaving dorm room ajar, as did others too. Plug sockets didn't work in dorm - had to charge in the communal area. No communal area without a television. Reception closed at random times. Showers or toilets often down, door handles there broken.

• 17th Sep 2014

The rooms seemed as though they never were cleaned, the fridge had smell of rotten sour milk, and theres no telling how often (if ever) the douvet covers are cleaned. On my 2nd night there I woke up to the worst case of hives, due to something from that nasty room.

• 12th Sep 2014

Could do better with cleanliness, otherwise an excellent place to stay. I had so much fun there.

Never any toilot paper, shower door screen was broken, and dangerous with the hot water, could burn yourself quite easy as you couldn't adjust it.

1 2 Next » last »