The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

Everything was alright. Good staff, good beds, fairly clean. I mean for the price it was alright.

• 26th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

The only issue I had with the hostel is the showering facilities. There was barely any pressure in the shower and in the cubicle there was no where to put your things. The shower was so tiny!

• 25th May 2015

Good, simple, cheap and central. Good value for what you get. Would stay again if I come back to Edinburgh

• 25th May 2015
  • Latvia

The shower was Dirty

I stayed in a mixed 16 bed dorm. The room was very crowded, no room to even walk. No lockers in rooms and no where to put your bags. Bed was comfy though. Kitchen isn't stocked, lucky to find a fork and is very small. Showers were dirty, clumps of hair. The hostel is very quiet and not much socialising going on. Not a place you go to meet people. Kitchen is only open from 8am-10pm and lounge closes at 11pm which means there is no where to hang out at night. Wouldn't stay here again.

Were there for a hen weekend! Amazing place - we got the whole dorm to ourselves and had a fab time. Really enjoyed the simple but good breakfast for £2 The receptionist even helped us book some tours and restaurants Could not recomend enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 14th May 2015

Good Hostel but a little bit out of town and annoying how the reception and common room closes at 11pm.

This was a great hostel, it felt homey and although the bathrooms are gender mixed, they were not gross like you would imagine. The atmosphere was a little lacking, some people hung out by the pool table but no one played while I was there. However to be fair, I was there on a Wed/Thurs night trip. The other travelers were friendly, though, so I made a few friends.

worst WiFi in the world, it never worked. staff didn't offer maps locations etc. had a group (45) of French students and they were noisy as! the staff didn't care at all either! kids jumping up and down at 1am making plenty of noise! not cool. showers set to one temperature which is bullshit.(to hot for myself) avoid 16bed dorm room as it's way to cramped.

I was in the Hostel one night from 9pm till 6am just slept,but not well,because some persons arrived after midnight ,

• 1st May 2015
  • Russia

During the night 2 guys made a lot of noise in the corridor and on the stairs, one of them was not a hotel guest but he came to sleep in our room, and they made a lot of noise even in the room; the kitchen is very small, the bathrooms are mixed, small and not very clean, in our room there weren't sockets near each bed, just 4 only near the window in the 16 room, there weren't lockers in the room. You have to pay 2 pounds for make the breakfast do it yourself.

I was actually very pleasantly surprised. After reading other people's reviews I had a few doubts prior to my arrival. However, as soon as I was greeted by a lovely receptionist who explained me how everything works and even gave me a free map of the city all of my initial worries dissapeared. I ended up extending my stay a few times, as the staff members told me about other places close to Edinburgh to visit and mainly because the Hostel was so cheap! Could not have asked for anything more!

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel for the price. Couldn't get closer to Haymarket station without being attached to it. Everything was nice and clean and well maintained. Atmosphere was hampered by some larger rowdy groups, but could've just been luck. Staff were really friendly, and will help accommodate everything you need.

Great for budget travellers! Got a clean room, comfy bed and good duvet. Great common area, quite a lot of bathrooms and well equipped kitchen. The girl at the reception were very welcoming.

• 14th Apr 2015

The Hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever been to - and I've travelled a lot around the world... It has an awesome atmosphere and great staff! Met a lot of like mineded people while I stayed there that are now travelling buddies! See u again!

• 12th Apr 2015

I loved all the facilities and the friendliness of the staff.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Bangladesh

This is the cheapest facility with friendliest staff I've encountered in hostels all over the world. Just a few blocks to train and bus stations, a bit farther to the centre of Edinburgh (like a 15 minute walk), but still very walkable. Kitchen is good; many grocery shops and restaurants within a block. Highly recommended.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Dorms have too many beds for too little lights: in our 16-bed dorm there was only one light, in the middle of the ceiling, so if one person got back late and turned that on, everybody would wake up with the flash. Solution: individual lights over each bed. There were only 4 sockets for the whole room. Individual sockets would solve this. Moreover, we got to stay in the dorm that faces the street, so it was really loud with all vehicles' sounds all night. Only one bathroom for the whole floor!

Good location. The reception area was odd - only a small opening with the receptionist's desk at the side. The male receptionist who greeted me was not overly friendly - this gave me an uneasy start to my stay. I shared with one girl in a two-person room when I had booked into a six-person room. Room was nice, bathroom facilities were okay. The shower I used only had tepid water even when the temperature was turned up full. I wouldn't stay here again.

The Hostel is really good value for the price you pay. I stayed there with a big group for a Stag party and it was the perfect place for us. We had booked a 16-bed room for just ourslves, and it was all we could have asked for - comfrotable, 24 hrs access, good and clean facilities. There are also lots of pubs and bars around, so was a really good place for us. Also the Haymarket train station is right next to it, so on the day of our departure we could sleep in and catch a train just next door.

• 2nd Apr 2015