The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, EH12 5DR, Edinburgh, Scotland

Pillows could be changed up, due to stains. Showers were cold. Breakfast could be extended.

Very friendly staff and great location (the hostel is situated just opposite to haymarket station). Can't exactly comment on the atmosphere of the hostel since I stayed for only one night, but it seemed as though people were indeed interacting regularly there. The only issue that I had was their blankets smelt a wee bit weird, but other than that is was ok.

its not a great hostel for young people looking to party..people in our 14 bed room where asleep by 11 and did not appreciate us getting ready to go out even though we where very quiet.also the lounge area shuts at 11 including the reception..the location was good just a short walk from the castle and town/clubs.

This was a very friendly hostel and good value. On the downside - the beds were very squeaky and the kitchen was locked between 10pm and 8am. Very inconvenient.

Place is very nice, a 20 min walk from the royal mile. The 18 people rooms are packed, and the card key that I was given would only work one out of each ten times I tried to use it to enter my room. Staff is nice friendly, but non of the wall sockets in the room or common areas worked, so I had to stand in the kitchen for more than an hour to get my phone and camera charged. It was friday, so as I was trying to get some sleep, a lot of people were very very noisy and drinking outside the room.

Only stayed for one night but a large French group were there also playing loud music, banging doors, shouting. Just running riot on my floor which was annoying.

Positives: +Polite staff +Close location to Murrayfield Stadium +Close to Haymarket Station +Reasonably inexpensive Negatives: -Dorm was too hot -Loud noise from the street -Only lockers were in reception, and reception was not open 24 hours -Dorm quite small.....would recommend to anyone who needed to stay somewhere close to Murrayfield

I had a great visit at this hostel...nice common area with a pool table and TV, comfy bed, modern kitchen. Staff were also helpful in pointing me in the direction of a nice pub down the road to eat dinner where hostel guests get 20% off. I would recommend it!

• 19th Mar 2014