The Hostel Reviews

3 Clifton Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland

basic hostel, but good.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Part of the issues I had had to do mainly with the other customers, but not all. The sheets weren't the cleanest, and when I went to go to bed there were none left. My stuff had been moved and all the beds were full. I couldn't get the receptionist's attention and was so frustrated by this point that I left and stayed at a nearby hotel. I don't know if they overbooked the dorm or if someone was there that wasn't supposed to be, but I was very disappointed in this hostel.

• 13th Nov 2015

Staff was ok. Overall facilities could be cleaner. Beds squeak a lot.. also a lot of noise from outside streets

It's a good hostel at a cheap price. You have to bear in mind that during my stay the hostel was not at full capacity. If the 16 bed room was fully packed it probably wouldn't be a very pleasant stay as the room is really cluttered with beds and has no designated space for luggage storing. Outlets are plenty too but not for 16 devices.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

Highly recommend this hostel, staff make you feel right at home & Edinburgh is AMAZING.

• 8th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Everything was great. Really cool staff, chill vibes and great location.

• 2nd Nov 2015

The hostel was an excellent location for our trip, only a 15 minute walk from Edinburgh castle and royal mile! The facilities itself did not impress me but it was what we needed for our situation! If your just looking for a cheap place to lay your head at night this is the place, if your looking for comfort I would keep looking! Secondly, there was no easily accessible storage in the rooms. Overall it was a decent place!

A no frills kinda place, but totally worth the money paid.

• 26th Oct 2015

Absolulutely fab, booked it for my hen do, and all of the girls had an absolute blast. We booked one of the 16 bed dorms and found them fit for purpose. The staff was lovely and helped us get taxis and such! It's really cheap too - so if you're on a budget and not too fussy about coed bathrooms - this is the place for you.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Austria

Only concern is the showers, these could be improved.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Wales

Great value for the money paid!

• 4th Oct 2015

You get what you pay for. The bathrooms are co-ed so it was really awkward being in the bathroom with old men. Plus, they were not very clean. They provide sheets and a comforter but I am not sure whether they were clean since they were just laying on the bed. If you need the basics, I guess this would suit you.

This hostel was absolutely disgusting. The bathrooms were dirty, the entire building smelled as soon as I stepped in, just bad. Sleeping here was quite an experience. There was no circulation, and while sleeping with 20 other people the mugginess, stuffiness, and odors were unbearable. There was no circulation, and both me and my friends got sick. Save your money or go to a hotel, trust me it's not worth it.

• 17th Sep 2015

Terrible smell. Very poor and unclean facilities.

• 17th Sep 2015

Pretty average. There was not enough room to move in the 16 bed dorm... Weird atmosphere in the hostel. The kitchen was a joke. Probley wouldn't recommend

Not much to say except: good hostel. Well located. Clean. The WiFi connection could be a little bit better.

You get what you pay for. Wifi isn't the best and the kitchen is pretty weak barely any plates and lacking on all silverware. Couldn't even find a fork. Plus the common room is closed for a good portion of the day. Laundry was out of service.

Not very impressed - shared male/female bathrooms which I was not prepared for.

Perfect for a nice location not too far from major attractions and transport, or a lovely walk into the centre. For a stag do with 11 people, this was ideal

• 12th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Literally just a bed, this place is quite out of the main city, the staff weren't exactly outgoing. Definitely one of the more boring hostels I've stayed at , it's fine if you want to be out of the city and just want to sleep then head out all day.