The Hostel Reviews

3315 Village Drive, Teton Village, Jackson Hole, USA

The Hostel is well run and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The view was breathtaking and we enjoyed the family game room. The room was very clean as well as the beds and bedding. I have recommended the Hostel to friends and coworkers since we've got home. Thanks again for the homey atmosphere.

• 10th Jul 2015

Decent rooms, nice bathroom, mattress was a little uneven woke up with a sore back, there are shelves for your items but no lockers. The floors above and below are super creaky so if anyone wakes up above you before you you'll be woken up. Nice staff, not much of a common area except outside, but overall a nice stay. Basic hostel and amenities, but right at the foot of the mountain

We appreciate your feedback, as we do our best to improve our guests' experience. This year we added free coffee service, ice and wifi. Our Serta mattresses are less than 4 years old. Most find them work well, tho a couple have said they are too soft, and a couple too hard. As you are the first to find one uneven, we'll have to investigate that. You may have missed our spacious basement common area/game room with ping pong, billiards, foosball, game tables, TVs and a food prep/storage area.

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The beds are made for children and the mattresses should not be slept on by a human...or an animal for that matter. To be clear, the mattresses were extremely small and were as comfortable as concrete. I'm only 5'10" so I'm not that tall and I did not fit on the mattress. Room was TINY yet somehow fit four beds (probably because they were so small). I'll never stay at this hostel again. Got no sleep. Will stay at a hotel next time.

• 23rd Jun 2015

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay, but a little perplexed by your reaction to our beds. They are twin Serta mattresses, so 74" long, and therefore longer than you are tall by 4". The last hostel I stayed in, HI Portland NW, also had twins, which at 6'3" I found comfortable, and not unlike other hostels I'd visited overseas. Most guests find them comfortable, tho a few have found them too firm and a few too soft. We also offer private King rooms for those guests who like a bigger bed.

Good value Teton Village hostel ideal for exploring Teton NP.Friendly helpful staff recommended local great Thai restaurant & enjoyed 2 nts of spicy food washed down with local beers at good value prices.

Thanks for your comments. We are just one mile from Grand Teton NP and 55 miles from Yellowstone NP, not to mention our ski-in/ski-out access to JHMR in winter. Our staff will do their best to guide you to a restaurant you'll like, or recommend a hiking trail suitable for your group's ability. We hope to see you again!

Didn't like massive price rise at weekends. Self catering facilities appalling, just a microwave and hot plate that barely worked and necessary items all in different places

Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to provide the level of cooking facilities within the structural constraints of our lodge. Please know that we do not vary rates weekday vs. weekend. Rather, you just happened to arrive the day after the discounted off-season rate expired. I am sorry that you felt otherwise. We offer affordable lodging with the same premier location at JHMR with access to the same activities and parks as the adjacent 4 star luxury resorts.

Really good place to stay.

• 9th May 2015

My friend and I had a very pleasing stay at the Hostel. The bathroom and female dorm was clean and had sufficient storage space. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Hostel has everything you need to store and cook meals. Laundry was cheap and convenient. Location is great- right near Jackson Hole and a mile from Grand Teton National Park entrance. The drive into Jackson is only about 12 miles and everything you need is in town. I recommend The Hostel to anyone looking for a budget stay.

Thanks for you feedback regarding your stay with us. We provide housekeeping service, coming by for a second round of tidying up at the end of our daily cleaning duties. The Hostel may be an older, creaky building, but we're constantly renovating, and everything is kept in working order and clean. Thanks for letting your friends know about us!

The hostel is in an awesome location close to the ski resort. It is a short bus ride into Jackson hole but there is enough to do in the village so you can get by without going into town if you want. The common areas are great with all sorts of board games and pool etc. The kitchen arrangement was less than ideal with 2 only hot plates in a separate room from the food storage but at least they had a well stocked kitchen in terms of cooking supplies.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments. We provide all the cooking facilities and supplies that we can. I have seen some of the families staying with us cook up a veritable feast. We also have a BBQ in the yard, which gets put to good use year round. That you can enjoy all the parks, outdoor activities and skiing at JHMR as those staying at the luxury resorts next door, but at a fraction of the price, is indeed a great deal!

View all Jackson Hole Hostels