The House Hostel Resto & Bar Reviews

Onelli 158, Bariloche, Argentina

They were very helpful at trying to get me my bag that I lost in a taxi. They helped in every way they could but I never got my bag back.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

There are no locks on neither the rooms, the bathrooms nor the showers. When ever someone enters the house you hear it since the house is kindda falling apart. The breakfast was ok and the garden was nice. It's ok for a night or two - but nothing special or with a good wibe.

Great Staff , Good location :)

The reception is located in a separate space from the rooms, this gives less control for the staff on what's going on in the common spaces, and people feel like anything is allowed. The hostel is falling apart, a tile fell off the wall without anybody being even close to it. The water pipes make strange noises. There's no locker. The kitchen is disgustingly dirty and poorly equipped. The staff didn't give the key to the rooms automatically. Spaces are narrow. Breakfast is nice though.

This review is malicious . It is a shame not know how to share a space with many people and pretend that everything is always perfect. Cleaning is done daily and guests must collaborate . You should be notified on receipt inconvenience to fix it. Dormitories logically not have keys . I recommend a private room for the next time . Greetings and good trip !

No front desk and door to hostel was often left open. A lot of the facilities that were promised were not available. Asked directions somewhere and next thing I know the employee was calling up this company and pressuring me to make a bike rental.

This hostel's description is misleading e.g. there are no lockers. Security is poor as the dorm lock does not work and anyone could walk in off the street and take your unprotected items. Although they clean every day it is difficult to maintain hygiene with only 1 cloth for dishes, worktops, floors etc. Many of the facilities claimed do not exist. It is a cold and damp building, which is a pity because with some care it could be nice.

Thanks you for your review, we shall take into acount your suggestions.In 7 year we have never had a security problem because our staff its permanently controling the place.We are working to improve. Good luck in your trip!

I truly recommend to stay at this hostel. The staff was amazing and the room was pretty good for the price. They serve really good meals at the hostel bar, but will also give you valuable recommendation should you decide to eat out.