The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel. Great experience! Loved the garden and old oak tree!

• 25th May 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent hostel, great people and beautiful city... It feels like you are home or at your friends. Everybody was really welcoming and made effort to make me feel like I was a part of them. Will def. stay here again. See you next month and I hope you don´t have rakija anymore :)

• 25th May 2015
  • Hungary

We enjoyed our stay here and it was nice to get breakfast in the morning! The beds were comfortable and the lockers were good. The common room area and outside area were nice. Bit of a trek from the city centre but you can always get the tram! Would have been nice to have more toilets perhaps. But would stay here again!

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! My sister and I were traveling through Zagreb on our way to Austria and stayed here for one night. After a long trip to get there, we saw Zagreb and this hostel as simply a necessary stop to get to our next destination. We were presently surprised to check in with the friendly owner who not only gave us advice on the local area to explore but also had a beer with us on the back patio to end the evening. Very well kept accommodation, perfect location!

Easy to find, a short walk from everything, sociable and relaxed. Great way to start my trip

Walking distance from the bus terminal or just a few tram stops from the train station. Easier to take the tram to the city square or Cathedral area. Nice quiet hostel.

Definetly clean, safe, easy to find and an excellent location. Zagreb is a nice city.

Good location for the bus station, although it's about a half hour walk to old town/city center. A very nice and clean hostel, with a friendly staff!

Very good, clean and friendly hostel. Staff was really friendly and they do a really good job. It is large, really like house. So the name is perfect The House Hostel Zagreb. And definitely when we next time come to Zagreb, we will stay here again. Greetings from Vojvodina, Serbia.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. nice breakfast with special effort on Easter with local cakes and sweetbreads by the owner. Close to tops on my 500+ hostels visited.

Awesome hostel, the hosts/owners were all very friendly and provided great recommendations for visiting the city. Definitely stay here if you are in Zagreb! (Also it is just a few minutes away from the bus stop, so it is very convenient for travelling by bus).

Great hostel! I loved the atmosphere and the staff were helpful and friendly and just amazing. Would definitely stay here again if I came to Zagreb.

The hostel is a real house, th staff is amazing! The are really nice and helpful, thanks for the awesome pankakes for breakfast!! The hostal is located really close to the bus station, though not so close to the center of the city, any way i like a 15-20min walk to get there, not long at all. I really recommed the hostel!

Very clean. Quiet, but still social. Highly recommended.

If the hostel people are reading this, I hope you know that this was the best hostel stay in my life, although I didn't feel I was staying in a hostel because I was treated as a friend and it's almost like coming home after a month-long travelling. The TV watching at night would be a big part of my hostel experience :D, and the pancakes are awesome! Wish you guys all the best and thanks for giving me such fond memories of Zagreb. If I ever come back to Zagreb I will definitely stay here again.

Super friendly staff and very nice rooms! They could be soundproofed a little better but the staff make up for that with fresh coffee and homemade pancakes in the morning. There's a tram station right next to the hostel so that the city center is only a few minutes away. We enjoyed the cool atmosphere in the open dining room/lounge very much and were surprised to find that the staff speak excellent English as well as German! Thank you for a great stay guys!

• 31st Dec 2014

This hostel is amazing! Christian (the owner) is great! He's very friendly and very social! He will make sure you really enjoy your stay! The hostel is a bit far, but Christian and his staff make it worth the extra 5 min on a tram. It's very clean, very homey type feel. I definitely recommend it

If you're looking to make friends with the staff, this is the place. You are welcomed as a friend here, not a customer. Note: the location is about a 25 minute walk from central square. Pretty good facilities with a few minor annoyances, but overall pretty great value. Safe and quiet.

Friendly owner, nice place, good kitchen.

Truly friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is attractive inside, and very clean. Beautiful kitchen, and it has a large area to hang out (tv, books, etc.). It's a house that's now a hostel. I didn't have to climb flights and flights of stairs just to get to the hostel entrance itself. Very quiet neighborhood. Only thing is it's a distance from downtown Zagreb and you'll need to drive there or take a bus or taxi. I definitely will stay here again if I return to Zagreb. Highly recommend!

• 29th Nov 2014