The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

I picked this place because of the reviews and was disappointed. The hostel was adequate but not worth the price paid. The lockers were too small to fit in a normal sized backpack and also no locks on the room doors. The bathrooms were the worst we'd seen in our two month Europe trip. One toilet and two showers per floor of rooms (lots of people) so there were queues, also the toilet and shower are in the same room... Smelly! The hostel location is fine, a 20min walk to town. Staff were good tho

Dear guest, probably previous 500 reviews must be all wrong. Hm, what where the people thinking. Sometimes guests leave terrible mess in the bathrooms that we are cleaning but sometimes it takes few minutes to clean it. But your attitude (i hope it is just PMS and not normal condition) toward staff and the other guests it is really not worth of commenting and it is not part of hostel culture. Leave your frustrations behind and enjoy the trip. wish you all the best

Proprietor was very nice and allowed my party and I into our room at 5 am before check in

• 17th Jun 2015

It's a little far from the train station and the old town. But the staff was great and the rooms were nice and air conditioned.

Really great hostel!! Great living area, staff really manage the ambiance well ensuring respect to everyone, met some great travellers here. Easy tram ride to town centre.

This was a nice break from your typical hostel. Literally in a house so there was a full kitchen and back yard and living room which was nice. Super close to the bus and tram network which made it easy to get around. Super lovely staff also. Very helpful. Would stay again.

Great hostel. Great experience! Loved the garden and old oak tree!

• 25th May 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent hostel, great people and beautiful city... It feels like you are home or at your friends. Everybody was really welcoming and made effort to make me feel like I was a part of them. Will def. stay here again. See you next month and I hope you don´t have rakija anymore :)

• 25th May 2015
  • Hungary

We enjoyed our stay here and it was nice to get breakfast in the morning! The beds were comfortable and the lockers were good. The common room area and outside area were nice. Bit of a trek from the city centre but you can always get the tram! Would have been nice to have more toilets perhaps. But would stay here again!

This is a busy hostel, so book ahead or you may be out of a bed! A great social atmosphere and lots of activities planned by the hostel or easily accessible within the city. I only wish there were lights in the bunks and more power outlets in the rooms. Great staff!

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! My sister and I were traveling through Zagreb on our way to Austria and stayed here for one night. After a long trip to get there, we saw Zagreb and this hostel as simply a necessary stop to get to our next destination. We were presently surprised to check in with the friendly owner who not only gave us advice on the local area to explore but also had a beer with us on the back patio to end the evening. Very well kept accommodation, perfect location!

Easy to find, a short walk from everything, sociable and relaxed. Great way to start my trip

Walking distance from the bus terminal or just a few tram stops from the train station. Easier to take the tram to the city square or Cathedral area. Nice quiet hostel.

Definetly clean, safe, easy to find and an excellent location. Zagreb is a nice city.

Good location for the bus station, although it's about a half hour walk to old town/city center. A very nice and clean hostel, with a friendly staff!

Very good, clean and friendly hostel. Staff was really friendly and they do a really good job. It is large, really like house. So the name is perfect The House Hostel Zagreb. And definitely when we next time come to Zagreb, we will stay here again. Greetings from Vojvodina, Serbia.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. nice breakfast with special effort on Easter with local cakes and sweetbreads by the owner. Close to tops on my 500+ hostels visited.

Awesome hostel, the hosts/owners were all very friendly and provided great recommendations for visiting the city. Definitely stay here if you are in Zagreb! (Also it is just a few minutes away from the bus stop, so it is very convenient for travelling by bus).

Great hostel! I loved the atmosphere and the staff were helpful and friendly and just amazing. Would definitely stay here again if I came to Zagreb.

The hostel is a real house, th staff is amazing! The are really nice and helpful, thanks for the awesome pankakes for breakfast!! The hostal is located really close to the bus station, though not so close to the center of the city, any way i like a 15-20min walk to get there, not long at all. I really recommed the hostel!

Very clean. Quiet, but still social. Highly recommended.