The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel is a real house, th staff is amazing! The are really nice and helpful, thanks for the awesome pankakes for breakfast!! The hostal is located really close to the bus station, though not so close to the center of the city, any way i like a 15-20min walk to get there, not long at all. I really recommed the hostel!

Very clean. Quiet, but still social. Highly recommended.

If the hostel people are reading this, I hope you know that this was the best hostel stay in my life, although I didn't feel I was staying in a hostel because I was treated as a friend and it's almost like coming home after a month-long travelling. The TV watching at night would be a big part of my hostel experience :D, and the pancakes are awesome! Wish you guys all the best and thanks for giving me such fond memories of Zagreb. If I ever come back to Zagreb I will definitely stay here again.

Super friendly staff and very nice rooms! They could be soundproofed a little better but the staff make up for that with fresh coffee and homemade pancakes in the morning. There's a tram station right next to the hostel so that the city center is only a few minutes away. We enjoyed the cool atmosphere in the open dining room/lounge very much and were surprised to find that the staff speak excellent English as well as German! Thank you for a great stay guys!

• 31st Dec 2014

This hostel is amazing! Christian (the owner) is great! He's very friendly and very social! He will make sure you really enjoy your stay! The hostel is a bit far, but Christian and his staff make it worth the extra 5 min on a tram. It's very clean, very homey type feel. I definitely recommend it

If you're looking to make friends with the staff, this is the place. You are welcomed as a friend here, not a customer. Note: the location is about a 25 minute walk from central square. Pretty good facilities with a few minor annoyances, but overall pretty great value. Safe and quiet.

Friendly owner, nice place, good kitchen.

Truly friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is attractive inside, and very clean. Beautiful kitchen, and it has a large area to hang out (tv, books, etc.). It's a house that's now a hostel. I didn't have to climb flights and flights of stairs just to get to the hostel entrance itself. Very quiet neighborhood. Only thing is it's a distance from downtown Zagreb and you'll need to drive there or take a bus or taxi. I definitely will stay here again if I return to Zagreb. Highly recommend!

• 29th Nov 2014

Everything about this hostel was great, including the staff! Kristian, Sandra and I cannot remember the other guys' name, were incredible hosts, making me feel beyond welcome! The hostel was immaculate and very new! The location was perfect for me! Right next to the bus stop!

Clean, spacious, big fully equipped kitchen and the staff is what make this hostel great. Few minutes walk from the bus station which was perfect for me.

I just cannot love them more! The house is a house, you know? Like stay in a friend's family, really! Free wifi, free tea, free coffee, big kitchen, big lobby as a living room so that everyone can chat and eat while watching TV, just feel like at a big family! The staff are supper friendly, helpful, and cool! I miss them ! Lala, I will come back someday!

Our stay at the house hostel was great. It is very close to the bus station and all of the staff was really friendly and helpful! I enjoyed that there was breakfast included also.

I stayed in this hostel only for one night but I really liked it. There were not too many people so it was quiet and I could sleep well, but I'm sure that the atmosphere is better in the summer, when there are a lot of people. I really liked the rooms - spacious and clean, overall the hostel was very clean. The lady at the reception was very helpful. And the best thing about the hostel was the location - just a few minutes from the bus station, which was perfect for me. I would stay there again.

Had a fantastic , comfortable stay here 😊 the staff are so kind and went out of their way to make you feel welcome, including making us pancakes one of the days! Easy to get to from the bus station and close to the tram so it's easy to access the city. Loved our stay here!

Feels like home. Cousy and confortable with good breakfast and full equip kitchen

Awesome! All is excellent,highly recommended.

Good hostel and no complaints. Gave a comfy bed for a reasonable price and staff were more than willing to help out. Felt it just lacked the atmosphere that it probably has over peak season.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was the best of the three I tried. The staff are really friendly, the place is bright and very clean, with sofas and big screen tv. The rooms and beds are good, as are the showers. You also get breakfast included in the price - a real bonus :)

조식나오는데 빵 및 시리얼인데 깨끗하진않음. 리셉션 로비 넓음. 와이파이 잘안됨. 화장실1개 샤워실2개인데 남녀공용임. 수건제공. 세탁불가. 침대시트 미제공. 개인락커있음. 개인락커열쇠도 제공. 5인실방은 캐리어펼쳐도 좁진않음. 엘레베이터없음.

it was perfect! love you guys!

• 17th Sep 2014