The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

I was only here for a night, but I found the hostel to be clean, comfortable and well located. The kitchen was well stocked and the common space quite nice. Walking to the center didn't take long and the staff were very friendly. Not sure how the atmosphere is because I wasn't there much, but I'm sure it could be pretty happening with the right people about. Good value.

The matress in our private room was long past its retirement date. Shame on the hostel for using such a ridiculous mattress. You could honestly feel the springs as you laid on the bed. Ouch. Other than that the hostel was great. great A/C, great staff, clean, but the mattress needs to be addressed. The room number is 120. Thanks

Sevice was friendly and helpful, however the bathrom could have been cleaner, especially the sinks. Average hostel atmosphere.

Friendly and helpful staff. Overall very clean and secure. Cosy and large living room with entertainment stuff (tv, magasines). Decent wifi. Close to bus station, but 25mins away from train station and city centre on foot. Close to trams though (10 kuna per single ticket). There was no atmosphere in the hostel as there were only couples who preferred to only stick together. Unlucky. Only 1 shower for 10 people, so awkward during peak hours. Decent experience - nothing exceptional.

If you are staying in Zagreb for only a night or making a connection at the bus station the next day this is the perfect hostel. That being said there were several multi-night travelers who loved the hostel as well. Nice, clean rooms, fantastic staff. Great all around

The walking directions from the bus station which is how most of us arrive, could be a little bit clearer for those who speak english. There should be more description of landmarks (for example: walk parralel with street car, or cross _____ street with the streetcar tracks, etc.) . Overall a very good experience.

• 14th Jul 2015

I don't have anything bad to say about the House Hostel! It's clean, has a great atmosphere and the wifi is excellent. Also there's AC in the rooms which was a major plus. The staff was super friendly and extremely helpful. It's in a residential part of Zagreb so it's really quiet and relaxing, just a short tram ride away from the city center.

This hostel is Cosy and homely. I would have stayed longer but had to move on. The common area is nice and the kitchen is well equiped. There's free tea and coffee. It's close to the bus Depo and an easy and quick tram ride into the city. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again. The staff were also lovely. Thankyou!!

I was only there for a night but wish I could have stayed longer!! Beautiful clean place and great staff!!

Great staff and great visitors! My only bad critics would be for breakfast because it was a little week for I'm used to. but overall it was great.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The hostel does have its soul and it definitely brings you value for the money spent. I would be happy to come back there! On the minus side:don't expect the "breakfast" to fill you up. But this is less prevailing than the good sides.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Poland

stayed here for 2 nights but i wish i could have stayed more. the staff were Amazing . lots of great music, good food good people and lots of things to do from hiking to activities like quiz night in the hostel. great place to stay can't say anything bad about it.

Unfortunately we only got to stay for one night in Zagreb but The House Hostel was definitely the right choice! If I'm ever back in Zagreb I will definitely be staying here again. We were made to feel very welcome and we had a lovely breakfast in the morning before we left (homemade pancakes yum!). Highly recommend this hostel!

They have the most comfortable bed. I was only there for only one night and was out most of the time. I didn't get to use the common facilities but the atmosphere looks cool.

The hostel is a walking distance from the bus station and a tram away from the city center. The staff was accommodating and they give tips on where to eat and go. Our stay also includes free breakfast which is nice. I definitely recommend this hostel.

I picked this place because of the reviews and was disappointed. The hostel was adequate but not worth the price paid. The lockers were too small to fit in a normal sized backpack and also no locks on the room doors. The bathrooms were the worst we'd seen in our two month Europe trip. One toilet and two showers per floor of rooms (lots of people) so there were queues, also the toilet and shower are in the same room... Smelly! The hostel location is fine, a 20min walk to town. Staff were good tho

Dear guest, probably previous 500 reviews must be all wrong. Hm, what where the people thinking. Sometimes guests leave terrible mess in the bathrooms that we are cleaning but sometimes it takes few minutes to clean it. But your attitude (i hope it is just PMS and not normal condition) toward staff and the other guests it is really not worth of commenting and it is not part of hostel culture. Leave your frustrations behind and enjoy the trip. wish you all the best

Proprietor was very nice and allowed my party and I into our room at 5 am before check in

• 17th Jun 2015

Really great welcoming hostel. Common area was big and breakfast was plentiful. Staff were really helpful and all of the hostel was super clean. Would definitely stay here again.

It's a little far from the train station and the old town. But the staff was great and the rooms were nice and air conditioned.

Really great hostel!! Great living area, staff really manage the ambiance well ensuring respect to everyone, met some great travellers here. Easy tram ride to town centre.