The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

Great staff and great visitors! My only bad critics would be for breakfast because it was a little week for I'm used to. but overall it was great.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The hostel does have its soul and it definitely brings you value for the money spent. I would be happy to come back there! On the minus side:don't expect the "breakfast" to fill you up. But this is less prevailing than the good sides.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Poland

stayed here for 2 nights but i wish i could have stayed more. the staff were Amazing . lots of great music, good food good people and lots of things to do from hiking to activities like quiz night in the hostel. great place to stay can't say anything bad about it.

Unfortunately we only got to stay for one night in Zagreb but The House Hostel was definitely the right choice! If I'm ever back in Zagreb I will definitely be staying here again. We were made to feel very welcome and we had a lovely breakfast in the morning before we left (homemade pancakes yum!). Highly recommend this hostel!

They have the most comfortable bed. I was only there for only one night and was out most of the time. I didn't get to use the common facilities but the atmosphere looks cool.

The hostel is a walking distance from the bus station and a tram away from the city center. The staff was accommodating and they give tips on where to eat and go. Our stay also includes free breakfast which is nice. I definitely recommend this hostel.

I picked this place because of the reviews and was disappointed. The hostel was adequate but not worth the price paid. The lockers were too small to fit in a normal sized backpack and also no locks on the room doors. The bathrooms were the worst we'd seen in our two month Europe trip. One toilet and two showers per floor of rooms (lots of people) so there were queues, also the toilet and shower are in the same room... Smelly! The hostel location is fine, a 20min walk to town. Staff were good tho

Dear guest, probably previous 500 reviews must be all wrong. Hm, what where the people thinking. Sometimes guests leave terrible mess in the bathrooms that we are cleaning but sometimes it takes few minutes to clean it. But your attitude (i hope it is just PMS and not normal condition) toward staff and the other guests it is really not worth of commenting and it is not part of hostel culture. Leave your frustrations behind and enjoy the trip. wish you all the best

Proprietor was very nice and allowed my party and I into our room at 5 am before check in

• 17th Jun 2015

Really great welcoming hostel. Common area was big and breakfast was plentiful. Staff were really helpful and all of the hostel was super clean. Would definitely stay here again.

It's a little far from the train station and the old town. But the staff was great and the rooms were nice and air conditioned.

Really great hostel!! Great living area, staff really manage the ambiance well ensuring respect to everyone, met some great travellers here. Easy tram ride to town centre.

This was a nice break from your typical hostel. Literally in a house so there was a full kitchen and back yard and living room which was nice. Super close to the bus and tram network which made it easy to get around. Super lovely staff also. Very helpful. Would stay again.

Great hostel. Great experience! Loved the garden and old oak tree!

• 25th May 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Excellent hostel, great people and beautiful city... It feels like you are home or at your friends. Everybody was really welcoming and made effort to make me feel like I was a part of them. Will def. stay here again. See you next month and I hope you don´t have rakija anymore :)

• 25th May 2015
  • Hungary

Had a great stay. Front desk was awesome and very helpful. Took us about 20-30 minutes to walk to the city centre. Would stay again.

We enjoyed our stay here and it was nice to get breakfast in the morning! The beds were comfortable and the lockers were good. The common room area and outside area were nice. Bit of a trek from the city centre but you can always get the tram! Would have been nice to have more toilets perhaps. But would stay here again!

This is a busy hostel, so book ahead or you may be out of a bed! A great social atmosphere and lots of activities planned by the hostel or easily accessible within the city. I only wish there were lights in the bunks and more power outlets in the rooms. Great staff!

I cannot recommend this hostel enough! My sister and I were traveling through Zagreb on our way to Austria and stayed here for one night. After a long trip to get there, we saw Zagreb and this hostel as simply a necessary stop to get to our next destination. We were presently surprised to check in with the friendly owner who not only gave us advice on the local area to explore but also had a beer with us on the back patio to end the evening. Very well kept accommodation, perfect location!

Easy to find, a short walk from everything, sociable and relaxed. Great way to start my trip

Walking distance from the bus terminal or just a few tram stops from the train station. Easier to take the tram to the city square or Cathedral area. Nice quiet hostel.