The House Hostel Zagreb Reviews

Peljeska 5, Zagreb, Croatia

Very friendly, early check in would be good whenever possible.

A really good hostel, loved how it was more of a house than a hostel as it gave it a homely feel. The kitchen was perfect and nice to cook in. Location wise it is quite far from the centre of town (maybe 20 min walk) but it is just 5 mins from the main bus station and really easy to get to on the tramss which are always very regular (before midnight) so we had no problems. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Everything was excellent! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Macedonia

Nice, clean hostel with friendly staff. An easy walk from the bus station, but farther from the center of town.

The staff are very informative

This one is a really nice hostel. It is totally secure, has a huuge lounge room where you can meet fellow travellers and hang out. The staff is really helpful and frendly, the only bad thing i could say about here is that it is just a little far away from the city center, but conveniently close to the bus station. Overall i can safely advise this hostel to you.

This is such a nice place. I loved the spaciousness and the atmosphere is this small hostel. They have a really good common room, a garden and friendly and chatty staff members. Definately recommendable.

The owner of hostel had a mistake. So there was no room for me. I should moved another hostel. So i ruined my schedule in zagreb.

The House Hostel was a great place to stay for my one night stopover in Zagreb. It is very clean, well located near the main bus station (central form of transport in Croatia), friendly staff and very clean facilities. Great value for money! The one issue was the ringing of the doorbel at the front door throughout the night, as guests don't have a key to the front door. Otherwise no other complaints. Would definitely recommend the hostel to friends, and would stay again if ever back in Zagreb.

• 12th Jun 2014

I really liked the hostel in general, the only thing I would improve is the toilets, especially the one on the underground floor which was very dirty. I know it is not your fault, the guests are the ones who should clean after themselves... On the other hand, the people working at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly :)

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Spain

This hostel was fantastic. The atmosphere will depend entirely on what the guests are like, but generally a really relaxing place to rest your head. It feels as though you're hanging out in someone's lounge room, with television, music facilities and bean bags in the main common area, which backs onto the dining area, kitchen, balcony and backyard. The staff were absolutely gorgeous, particularly Lana, who I was sad to farewell. Can't wait to come back to visit!

• 6th Jun 2014

We just stayed in The House Hostel one night on our way through to Slovenia. It did have a nice homely atmosphere but it wasn't as social as I was expecting from other reviews. Very fresh bread and jam for breakfast. On the floor I was staying on there was only 1 toilet and the door didn't lock, you had to lock the door to the bathroom itself. Very convenient for bus and train stations.

• 2nd Jun 2014

I loved the staff and that it was all so clean, home atmosphere, nice city. the staff also gave me some great info I could not find in the guide (insider info) :) really recommend it

• 27th May 2014

We only stayed one night, but enjoyed the facilities and openness of the common areas. Location is a bit of a walk from the city centre, but we highly enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

very very very kind and friendly staff. room is spacious and clean. I powerfully recommend this accommodation.

Had great time, it was like visiting old friends:) definitely i'll stay again on my way back! wir sehen uns :)

• 19th May 2014
  • Austria

Anna and the other guy were very helpful for places in the neighborhood and getting around Zagreb.......Literally is a house so the kitchen is big and very nice as well as a backyard to throw bbq at the house.........only draw back is it is not right in the center but super convenient when coming from the bus station.

Overall, good stay. Stayed in dorm for a night. Clean location on our floor, however, it was a bit crazy on other floors, more due to the other guests and not hostel. There were no quiet hours, and if there were, they were definitely not enforced.

My overall experience was excellent. In particular the staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, in didn't feel as though I was staying in a hostel but rather as if I was invited into their home.

The staff was great, easy to talk to, very informative (about the city, Croatian history, etc.). Hostel was very clean and spacious. Big common area and breakfast table. Breakfast was simple but very good (toast, yogurt, cereal, etc.). Coffee was lovely.