The House Hostel Reviews

#452-5 Dongmyeong-Dong, Sokcho, Kangwon Do, Sokcho, South Korea

This is the best hostel I had ever stayed. The place is so lovely and clean. Mr.Yul, the owner, is very helpful and friendly, with good recommendation on places to visit, to eat, etc. Location is perfect as it is just 5-minute walk from the bus station and Bus No. 7, 7-1 passes nearby the hostel. Highly recommended

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

An excellent hostel. I was very pleased with the location and facilities. The manager speaks english and was kind enough to point out all the buses, local restaurants and tell us about the hiking trails. I'll definitely stay there the next time I go to Sokcho.

It's a great place to stay so homey...and mr.yo is very nice…very recomended.....i would love to stay there again when i visit korea

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Yoo and his wife were extremely friendly and kind to us. We had a great stay at the house hostel

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Singapore

One of the best hostels I ever visited.

The guest house is having the best ambience and friendliest staff out of all the guesthouse I stayed before. The living room is so nicely decorated and offers a feeling of homecoming. And the stay is value for money too!

Hosts Mr Yoo & Mrs Yoo is very nice. When arrive, they told me more about the Sokcho and Seraksan DIY tour. They also have free rental bicycle as We managed to cycle the whole Sokcho town. We really miss that experience. As we left after check out. Mrs Yoo even come out to say good bye to us even she's very busy. Their english is excellent too among the Koreans that we've met.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Hostel spotlessly clean, small private rooms with own bathroom, located a block from intercity bus station and half a block from city busses running up and down the coast. Common rooms are visually your ideal of a hostel--maps, pictures, plants, and someone's good sense of color. Very well-run by people who care about what they are going and do it right.

Outstanding in all respects, especially value for money. I liked the room, the communal area, the simple breakfast, location and the owner was very helpful. I was there when there was a lot of snow and it was fantastic. I really liked Sokcho and the National Park was something else. My only real regret was not staying longer. If I return to South Korea, this hostel will be the first I book.

Definitely the most beautiful hostel I've ever stay,The room was clean and tidy,and both Mr and Ms Yoo really being nice ad treat us like a family,what else you can ask for such budget hostel??

• 16th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The place is great and by far the best place I have stayed in during my trip around South Korea. The staff give you everything you need and help with absolutely everything with excellent local knowledge. It was so nice to have my own tv in the room and be able to relax completely.

Host very friendly feel like home

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

The location is great, very close to the bus terminal. Easy to take a bus to Mount Sorak and even back to Seoul. The staff are awesome. Everything is good ,100%. Strongly recommend.

Mr. Yoo is very kind. He explained us all the place in Sokcho. The place was very nice - near to the intercity busterminal and easily goto Seoraksan.

Look forward to staying at The House Hostel again

My trip was so impressive because of warm welcome and very good accomodation. Thank you very much. :)

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Thailand

Check in easy n fast,The Host will spend 15 mins to recommend tourist attraction, from that we more easy to find the direction. The House Hostel also include basic breakfast and free flow coffee n drink for whole day, but u need to clean the dishes when u finished. Mt.Seorak shuttlebus stop Less than 5 mins walk from the Hostel.bus no #7 or #7-1,last stop. The House Hostel very warm n clean, our family 4 very like it.we will highly recommend to our friend too.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

The House owners were very kind, friendly and share a lot of Sokcho district places of interest & BBQ. Overall it was great experience with a very worthy price tag. Recommended homestay!!!

I understand that this is a budget hotel, but I would appreciate if there is a bed sheet to cover the mattress, and a sheet beneath the quilt . When I was staying there, I slept right under the quilt. I don't think the quilt cover was changed after the last guest! The padded cover on the mattress, I guessed, was not changed either, since it was quite thick. I felt very uncomfortable, knowing that someone had slept on the bed before me and covering himself/herself with the same quilt.

Mr Yo and staff are very friendly. I arrived at the hostel around 11am. the rooms hasn't ready, so i just leave the luggage and tour around the Sokcho area. The staff is kind enough to show me the places i can go while waiting for the check in time at 3pm. Actually it was my 2nd time staying at The House Hostel. My first time was in December 2012. It was really a nice experience staying at the hostel that make me repeat my stay. I will definitely stay there again for my Sokcho trip in the future