The House Hostel

9.6
Superb 698 Total Reviews

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

It was a pretty awesome experience! the hospitality of the host is very welcoming during the whole stay. He introduced me the spots from the seoraksan national park, restaurants, to the local tourist spots in Sokcho. Besides, the room was nice and comfortable, the environment of the common areas was homey and artsy as well. I will definitely recommend to all of you if u want to visit Seoraksan and Sokcho. I love it!

15th Jun 2017

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The manager is very helpful and friendly, his explanation of activities and sightseeing in the area was excellent. The common area is very pretty and feels homely. The double room and bathroom we had were very clean and well decorated. I can't recommend this place enough!

• France, Female, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
8.0

This is a really nice hostel and you can sleep well here. The owner will give you so mamy advices about things to do. The only thing I can complain about is not having an individual light on the bed !

• Australia, Male, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

Excellent hostel that is perfect for daytrips to Seoraksan. Yoo is extremely helpful and has a whole book of food recommendations. Rooms with ensuite were great.

• kmartin1177
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. My friends and I loved how cute and quaint it was! Mr. Yoo, the manager, is so kind and helpful. He gave a very thorough run down on a map when we got there and answered all of our repetitive questions with a smile! He really made our trip painless and confusion free! The location is great, 5 minutes from the bus station and 10 minutes to the popular Rodeo Street. You won't regret staying here!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
27th May 2017

Great place to stay when looking for a cozy, relaxed hostel stay. There wasn't much of a social aspect, most of the folks there seemed to keep to themselves. Not at all the host's fault, but just saying if you're looking for a party hostel, this is not the place for you. Breakfast was standard; toast, jam, butter, cereal, milk, coffee, tea. Mr. Yoo was very friendly and welcoming, if I'm ever back in Sokcho, I'll return to the House Hostel.

• Singapore, Couple, 18-24
27th May 2017

The room is spacious and most importantly clean, toilet is big and clean as well. Value for money! Mr Yoo is really warm and welcoming, he introduced Sokcho to us (even without us asking) and was elaborate in his descriptions and recommendations. Very very nice and thoughtful host! Overall, I highly recommend The House Hostel for people looking to visit Sokcho and I would definitely go back should I visit Sokcho again.

• England, Male, 25-30
27th Apr 2017

Fantastic stay all around, it may be one of my best hostel stays ever.

• France, All Male Group, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Koo, the manager is so nice, he explains the whole area on arrival. (Eat, what to do...) ! As a group of French students, it was funny to see all the France-theme decoration with a mix of lots of other cultures. The room was clean, comfy and well equipped. The bathroom/toilet, seemed brand new ! We almost felt like we were in a hotel, without paying the price ! Our only regret, we should have stayed more than a day, we really felt welcome in the hostel.

• rigel_alphard14795
  • Mexico, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
11th Apr 2017

An amazing place in Sokcho! Easy to arrive from intercity bus terminal. Mr. Yoo receive you and give you all the information you’ll need while in Sokcho. Buses, restaurants, how to get around… he’ll explain you everything since your arrival. He’s so kind and makes you feel at home! Price is cheap for all the comfort provided. Private room is so complete, not just bathroom and TV, but even fridge and an electric mattress for winter! Cleanliness is amazing. Breakfast is a little simple though.