The House Hostel Reviews

#452-5 Dongmyeong-Dong, Sokcho, Kangwon Do, Sokcho, South Korea

Great location to reach the city center or Seoraksan park, the bus stop is just around the corner. What I would like to especially highlight is the attitude of hostel staff. We wanted to go to Naksansa and then to Gyeongju, the receptionist was so kind and created us detailed itinerary in EN/KOR with explanation where to find bus stops / buy tickets etc. she even checked all the buses via phone! That's what I call perfect service, thanks a lot :)...btw and don't touch Gulumi ;)

The House hostel is the best hostel i've ever stay this far. and Mr. Yoo is very kind person, and he set all my itinerary when i am in Sokcho since i dont know where to start my travel at Sokcho and where the restaurant i want to go.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Yoo was extremely helpful, giving an in-depth introduction to the hotel and the surrounding area. Staff at The House Hostel are very friendly and always ready to help.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very kind and attentive staff, great breakfast, super clean, very pleasant place to stay. The only thing I didn't like were the dorm beds, which squeak a lot anytime someone moves.

This is only the second hostel I've stayed in and altho the first was an amazing experience arriving at the house hostel felt almost like I was staying in a five star hotel. Amazing place, extremely helpful staff and I just loved being here, hopefully I'll be able to visit again :-)

It's a really nice hostel :Clean, helpful, friendly and cozy. It's an A++ Hostel!

This was my second time staying here. Mr Yoo the hostel manager is really friendly and helpful, and gave us lots of information on where to eat and what to do around sokcho, new updated stuff since my last trip. The decor is cosy and homely.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

The owner, Mr. Yoo was very accomodating and friendly throughout our stay there. As for the place, it is beautiful and has a nice vibe to it. To anyone who wishes to stay in Sokcho for a trip, do choose the House Hostel. You won't regret it.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Excellent stay! Yoo is such a great host! Thanks for making the trip great! Ben and Ali

• 27th May 2014

Absolutely would stay here again! The couple who run the place were extremely friendly and helpful! A very homey feeling!

I love this place!! The owner and the staff are nice and really helpful. And its close to bus station. Really enjoy staying in this place. Highly recommended... I would love to stay here again next time.

Greatest hostel experience so far. The staff is very hospitable and absolutely helpful. Bus to Seoraksan National Park can be found just around the corner from the hostel. Will definitely stay here again if traveling to Sokcho!

A perfect place. So many rooms, such a lovely atmosphere, a great price and a great location. We love Yuu (one of the staff members)!

Absolutely loved this hostel and everything about it. Location was perfect, just around the corner from the bus terminal. Exquisite attention to detail and unique decor was just jaw dropping. The beds were comfortable, linens clean and new, and bathroom ensuite. Yoo the owner was informative, kind, and accommodating. I would stay at this hostel every time I visit Sokcho!

• 16th May 2014

A lovely hostel with beautiful decor! The host, Mr Yoo was very friendly and helpful; he gave a lot of tips on sightseeing and food around Sokcho. Good location with the city within walking distance and bus stop right outside the hostel.

The location of the hostel is superb and the owner Mr Yoo was very helpful in his directions of the attractions nearby. Value for money, definitely will recommend it to anyone who visits Sokcho.

• 10th May 2014
  • Singapore

A perfect hostel! I didn't expect such a good hostel and really enjoyed staying there. The building itself is beautiful and has fantastic design. The managers are also extremely friendly and helpful. They offered me a better room since there was an available one. Also it's very budget-friendly. Very much recommended indeed!

Everyone is very friendly and speaks English. The place is big and clean. The rooms are charming and interesting with an eclectic feel. The place is a little old but in great condition. Everything is very clean and orderly. It feels like a bed and breakfast more than a hostel. The main hostel guy is super charming and has the best advice. Do what he says and you'll have the most wonderful time. If I return I will definitely stay here again, hands down. Loved it! Amazing experience!

I am so lucky to find this hostel. The place is a good location. The bus stop going to Seoraksan is just few steps away. The Bus City Terminal (not the Express Terminal) is located just few blocks away. The view down the road is a sea view which is fantastic. Mr. Yoo is very accommodating and very helpful. I will come back for the autumn season next year and will stay here again.

overall is very good, the hostel is very near the bus terminal, just 5 minutes by walking!!! the host is very nice to introduce how to get to the places with map, and i like the Teddy decoration much too :)