The Hub Reviews

66B Saksaganskogo, Kiev, Ukraine

This hostel gives the first impression that isn't very good because of the shabby places and smell of entrance but later it all goes away because this hostel is really very good. I stayed in a single room and the only bad thing about it was thin walls-I could hear people talking and even snoring in the next room. I also didn't really like the idea that showers and toilets were for both sexes but I was always alone when I used them, so I guess it's OK.

Old soviet building is nothing fancy, the stairs are steep and narrow, design is very simple and somewhat dated. On the other hand, everything is clean, staff is friendly, private rooms have very reasonably priced minibars with snacks, water and bathroom supplies (shaving cream, shower slippers, condoms). The location is excellent - beautiful central Street with lots of cafes and restaurants. There's also a siamese cat who lives in the hostel. Overall, well worth the money.

• 17th Aug 2013