The Hump Hostel Reviews

Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road, Kunming, China

Very nice hostel,excellent location,A lot of people talking and playing table tennis in public areas,perfect atmosphere.And the staff is very kind friendly and helpful,The questions they answered were very detailed,make my journey easy .The girl who named Doris is very nice,she offered me a lot of useful travel information.Located in the city center, the traffic is convenient.I recommend、

• 19th May 2015
  • Iceland

Very nice place, we just wanted to stay there forever !!

superb location.very helpful staff,especially the handsome guy Wei who helps me a lot.Strongly recommand,i'll be here when come back from Dali.

• 5th May 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel near the city center with clean and comfortable rooms and a helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Japan

Pretty standard hostel, liked the terrace with the view though!

Very clean, nice, spacious rooms. Lockers very safe, many suckets for every bed, plus reading light. Staff very helpful. Big common area. WiFi unfortuantely not always woking....

Staff was friendly enough. The wifi was awful and only worked (sometimes) in the lobby. The atmosphere is pretty cool and the location can not be beat. The facilities were ok, my shower didn't have much pressure.

Amazing place! Very nice and helpful staff! Great dorms and showers. Very good WiFi.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Israel

Returning to this hostel after stayed in the dorms back in 2011, Now came as a couple to a double bed room. The double bed room is poor comparing what I remembered from my first visit. Window facing a food street, very loud, no door for the inside toilet/shower area, And total feeling of no privacy... Sorry to say - take a dorm or choose a different hostel for your stay.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Israel

- No free pickup service from train station as offered. Better remove that statement from the page - Can't access WIFI through our room. FREE Wireless Internet only at reception. Really not flexible and quite difficult at all

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far: Awesome hostel, which offers really good food, very friendly people working there plus a very very cheap price!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The only problem is the wi fi. Often It doesn't work in pubblic spaces.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Awesome terrace, nice staff. The bunk beds could have been cleaner. There were also mosquitos at night

• 31st Mar 2015

This hostel is great. It's right in the middle of everything. Restuarants, shops, buses etc. Great atmosphere in the hostel and the staff are really helpful. Food is lush and drinks and its both really reasonable priced. Really enjoyed our stay. Thanks

We spent 3 nights at the Hump Hostel and it was a great place to stay. It was very easy to get from the train station to the hostel by bus (followed the directions provided by the hostel). There is a bakery located right next door that was fantastic for breakfast! Also, we loved the ping pong table out on the open deck. There were plenty of lights so that you could stay outside at night and enjoy the great weather. My only complaint is that there was no hot water one of our nights.

I booked my accommodation and received email from the The hump team. And I gave them my train number, and expected arrival time. When I arrived in Kunming train station, I could not see anyone with my name on the board. I waited for 30min, and at the same I also called the contact number, somehow the line get engaged for 30min. It was really quite frustrated, in the end I went there by public transport.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

wifi reception was poor even within the common area. The staff wasn't helpful nor friendly. the rooms we slept in are not worth their money with a/c not working and a very easy to pick lock (all you need is a credit card to open the door ot looked). The finish of the rooms was poor with gaps in between the floor parts. the absolute standout of the hostel was its location being in the centre of town and the great roof terrace. I dont like being negative but this was just our experience.

The lighting in the room could be brighter or at least supply with reading light in the room ,I was in a double room 418 n that consider there 's a bit of light when I open one of the window otherwise I guess the rest of the double room seem to be pitch black ,I've stayed there last year as well n also will be going back there again towards the end of my trips in China which could be as near as late May or early June.

• 9th Mar 2015

clean basic double room with clean shared bathroom. in great location close to shops, restaurants and train station. food in restaurant is reasonably priced and tasty! roof terrace is excellent place to chill out with a beer! common area is very comfortable with plenty of seating and wifi. would recommend this place due to its location. staff are helpful if you ask them anything but otherwise they just sit around. some dont speak english behind the bar but reception staff have good english.

Hostel was really nice, not as load as some guide-books say and equipped with a really nice roof terrace right in the middle of the City Centre. Unfortunately our room did not have any window and the toilets and showers were a bit smelly.

Hi,dear freinds,we are really sorry for your unsatisfied staying in the hump,we will try our best to improve.Thanks for your comment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3