8.5
Fabulous 1,904 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,904 Total Reviews
The Hump Hostel Located at Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road, Kunming.
China
Kunming Yunnan 650021 Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road
85% 1904
25.0331580 102.7109831
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
5.7

Really disappointing! We paid more to get a private room and we genuinely had a better nights sleep on the sleeper train the night before the bed was sooo hard! The room was also so badly lit it hurt our eyes, most of the common area is as dully lit too which is a little annoying. On the plus side the location is great as its in the middle of everything and the common area is spacious and comfy (we debated napping out there rather than the beds)

16th Apr 2016
7.7

This hostel is clean, good atmosphere, facilities and location is good as well, what a I have to complain is about staff, boys wasn't helpful when I ask for tips or directions, attending more their chats than customers, and finally I ask them for a train ticket service what I paid immediately but I got it until next day 3 hours before my departure.

• Malaysia, Male, 41+
12th Apr 2016
8.0

It's great for backpackers, its location is great very convenient for walk around the city where the actions are !!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

We stayed a couple of nights in a private room with bathroom and then went back a few days later and stayed again in a room with shared bathroom. Both rooms were good, fairly clean. One morning there didn't seem to be hot water. Hostel is nice and big, with a big common room, and a great balcony looking out towards the city, also has a decent priced bar and food. Really good atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff who speak English. I would stay there again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

Hump initially lost our booking for the first night. Rosa immediately arranged for us to stay at the hotel next door for one night at the same price. The hotel was 3x price of the hump and nowhere near at nice! The hump is in a great central location, good facilities, bit noisy in evenings, very helpful staff. I would definitely recommend it.

• Switzerland, Male, 41+
22nd Mar 2016

I've been coming to the Hump Hostel for several years now. I love the rooftop atmosphere of this place and the double beds I've slept in are also not Asian-style hard. As a non flat-bottomed individual this is an important consideration for me. The music of the bar has taken a turn for the worse though, with us being subjected to easy-listening seemingly straight out of a commercial or shopping mall elevator.

22nd Mar 2016

Everthing was great. Location near Kunming old town walking street, good view from rooftop, Staff can speak English, good restaurant and bar. But only one thing is noisy at bed time but hostel provide ear plug.

16th Mar 2016
7.1

I wasn't thrilled. Facilities are fine. The staff are not very helpful with English level adequate just to get what you specifically know. That said, they have tips notes which are helpful to the most popular places The place has a weird mix of people, and I really lucked out with a room that smells like drugs. It seems like some people are just living there, some are students. Just not a traveling vibe there. The location is excellent, and beautiful terrace as well.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
28th Feb 2016

The hostel location could be easily found. Despite some reviews on the noise level I felt it was not as bad, perhaps it could be due to the location of my room. The staff were very patient and willing to provide detailed explanations for my queries. Very good hostel.

Thanks for your review ,hope you have a nice trip in China .

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40