The Hump Hostel Reviews

Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road, Kunming, China

The staff at the hump were extremely rude, not only to me but also other guests! I asked for some simple requests like the wifi password and a written address to a tourist site, and they acted like they were both painstaking tasks. While the hostel was nice, the attitude of the staff ruined my time there. There are many hostels in Kunming I would not recommend this one! In addition the room I had booked online wasnt even available upon my arrival.

Nice rooms , The toilets ️And shower are not the best but okay , the stuff was really unfriendly specially one Chinese guy he was always angry and didn't really want to help you !!!! Atmosphere is a bit strange in there !

• 20th Feb 2015

Staff was most of the time nice and helpful, location is really good but - there is no map of the city (just the area of the hostel), no WIFI jn the rooms- just at the lobby and its not always working and the beds are really hard, even for china..

Every time I come to kunming I stay here. All is good. Just make sure you use the hostels free supply of earplugs as it can sometime get noisy. I had to cancel my stay this time round as my flight changed to chengdu and the staff were helpful and friendly helping with the cancellation.

If you are looking for somewhere comfortable, clean and friendly to stay in Hanoi, you found it! Staff really makes this place,they go above and beyond their call of duty (booking fairly priced transfer to airport, packing take away breakfast for you, printing tickets..just a few examples) and are not pushy sellers. Great place to stay!

The main problem with this hostel is that it feels more like a hotel than a hostel. It is too big. Also we where surprised by the bathroom in our room, no door, no roof...

밤에 도착한지라 사이에 숨어있는 호스텔을 찾아가기가 좀 힘들었지만, 일어나보니 도시의 중심이라 기차역이랑은 가깝더라고요! 그점은 굉장히 좋았습니다! Dormitory에서 잤는데 샤워실 화장실이 좀 예상보다 안좋아서 불편했습니다ㅋㅋ밤에는 전기장판도 없어서 너무춥고ㅜㅜ딱 하룻밤만 자기좋은곳.

The shower was one of the worst in all hostels I stayed. Really dirty and the water pressure was like a bad joke. The room we stayed were really dark and horrid. Wouldn't stay there again. The only good thing is the location and nothing else.

Lots of room to eat and drink both inside and out. The pool table and table tennis table were great. Staff was happy to help where possible and also can aid in booking some tickets, if not they try to help with information. Consider extra travel time when getting to the main interchange bus stations, they are a trip away. Overall great experience, though keep in mind the lobby closes around 12-1am and the Internet can be tough to get in your room sometimes.

Close to be perfect :)

The hostel was amazing! Heating in the rooms would be appreciated, though

Good hostel with an excellent location near the center of Kunming. Stayed there twice and tried three different room types. The private room with ensuite was by far the best. It was clean, comfortable, and in a quiet part of the hostel. Not to mention, the only room that had guaranteed HOT WATER. Next best was the dorm room. Clean and comfortable for those who don't mind sharing a room, but the shared bathrooms weren't so great. Last, the private room with shared bathrooms. Too noisy outside.

A nice place to stay. The common room was great for socializing. The location was easy to get to and had lots of eateries nearby. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Overall, a very well run hostel.

Good location, good food, good service.....highly recommend :)

All this place has is a "cool" location and cheap rates. I feel like they neglect all the other things about running a hostel. I felt the staff members were a bit curt and the facilities were a bit blah... The ensuite bathrooms don't have doors (or roofs for that matter) so you need to be at that place in your relationship where you can potty in front of each other. Also the noise level is pretty bad even with the earplugs provided.

Nice place, good food, lovely terrace with sun all day. Restrooms are too small, doors don't close, some of the showers are broken. In th evening the music is loud in the whole common area, so no nice place to read, chat or skype in the evening.

Hotel location is great and not far away from shopping street. They are in the 3rd floor with no elevator. It might not be convenient for travelers who have big luggages. The staffs are friendly and fluent in English. The room is clean. Food of their restaurant is tasty but it seemed the cashier was not in a good mood on that day. However, the room wall is so thin so I can hear the sound all times of my stay. Some toilet doors could not be locked properly.

Good location and have a nice roof garden.

The rooms had safety boxes and they were clean. The showers were good but there were no locks in some of the toilets. Staff helped when needed but was too busy to be friendly... The restaurant area and terrace are nice.

On the surface this is an awesome hostel, but after paying extra for a private bathroom we were very disappointed to have no hot water in the midst of winter! Also, aside from the one member of staff that was helpful and friendly, the rest of the staff we encountered seemed either surly or clueless, and we felt like more of an inconvenience than a guest. We only stayed here one night, so perhaps a longer stay would have given us a better impression.