The Hump Hostel Reviews

Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road, Kunming, China

Amazing place! Very nice and helpful staff! Great dorms and showers. Very good WiFi.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Israel

Returning to this hostel after stayed in the dorms back in 2011, Now came as a couple to a double bed room. The double bed room is poor comparing what I remembered from my first visit. Window facing a food street, very loud, no door for the inside toilet/shower area, And total feeling of no privacy... Sorry to say - take a dorm or choose a different hostel for your stay.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Israel

- No free pickup service from train station as offered. Better remove that statement from the page - Can't access WIFI through our room. FREE Wireless Internet only at reception. Really not flexible and quite difficult at all

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far: Awesome hostel, which offers really good food, very friendly people working there plus a very very cheap price!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The only problem is the wi fi. Often It doesn't work in pubblic spaces.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Awesome terrace, nice staff. The bunk beds could have been cleaner. There were also mosquitos at night

• 31st Mar 2015

This hostel is great. It's right in the middle of everything. Restuarants, shops, buses etc. Great atmosphere in the hostel and the staff are really helpful. Food is lush and drinks and its both really reasonable priced. Really enjoyed our stay. Thanks

We spent 3 nights at the Hump Hostel and it was a great place to stay. It was very easy to get from the train station to the hostel by bus (followed the directions provided by the hostel). There is a bakery located right next door that was fantastic for breakfast! Also, we loved the ping pong table out on the open deck. There were plenty of lights so that you could stay outside at night and enjoy the great weather. My only complaint is that there was no hot water one of our nights.

I booked my accommodation and received email from the The hump team. And I gave them my train number, and expected arrival time. When I arrived in Kunming train station, I could not see anyone with my name on the board. I waited for 30min, and at the same I also called the contact number, somehow the line get engaged for 30min. It was really quite frustrated, in the end I went there by public transport.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

wifi reception was poor even within the common area. The staff wasn't helpful nor friendly. the rooms we slept in are not worth their money with a/c not working and a very easy to pick lock (all you need is a credit card to open the door ot looked). The finish of the rooms was poor with gaps in between the floor parts. the absolute standout of the hostel was its location being in the centre of town and the great roof terrace. I dont like being negative but this was just our experience.

The lighting in the room could be brighter or at least supply with reading light in the room ,I was in a double room 418 n that consider there 's a bit of light when I open one of the window otherwise I guess the rest of the double room seem to be pitch black ,I've stayed there last year as well n also will be going back there again towards the end of my trips in China which could be as near as late May or early June.

• 9th Mar 2015

clean basic double room with clean shared bathroom. in great location close to shops, restaurants and train station. food in restaurant is reasonably priced and tasty! roof terrace is excellent place to chill out with a beer! common area is very comfortable with plenty of seating and wifi. would recommend this place due to its location. staff are helpful if you ask them anything but otherwise they just sit around. some dont speak english behind the bar but reception staff have good english.

Hostel was really nice, not as load as some guide-books say and equipped with a really nice roof terrace right in the middle of the City Centre. Unfortunately our room did not have any window and the toilets and showers were a bit smelly.

Hi,dear freinds,we are really sorry for your unsatisfied staying in the hump,we will try our best to improve.Thanks for your comment.

This place has it all; friendly staff, great food/drinks, clean quiet private rooms, laundry service and info re:Kunming and beyond-five stars!

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi,thank you for speaking hightly of our hostel,we are looking forward to seeing you next time.

The staff at the hump were extremely rude, not only to me but also other guests! I asked for some simple requests like the wifi password and a written address to a tourist site, and they acted like they were both painstaking tasks. While the hostel was nice, the attitude of the staff ruined my time there. There are many hostels in Kunming I would not recommend this one! In addition the room I had booked online wasnt even available upon my arrival.

Hi,dear freinds,we are really sorry for your unsatisfied staying in the hump,we will try our best to improve the facilities and all we need.Thanks for your comment.

Nice rooms , The toilets ️And shower are not the best but okay , the stuff was really unfriendly specially one Chinese guy he was always angry and didn't really want to help you !!!! Atmosphere is a bit strange in there !

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi,dear freinds,we are really sorry for your unsatisfied staying in the hump,sorry for everything made you unhappy.But there would be some misunderstanding as we know.The guy would like to help you,here was only one person working while many people waited for checking in and check out,he gave you the information as he knew.Anyway,this was our problem,we should pay more attertion. And thanks for your comment,we will improve everying we need.

Staff was most of the time nice and helpful, location is really good but - there is no map of the city (just the area of the hostel), no WIFI jn the rooms- just at the lobby and its not always working and the beds are really hard, even for china..

a very nice hostel in the middle of an oldtown district in kunming, up in the 3rd floor, with a really nice roof terrace, a pool table and a bar. the staff is nice, but sometimes english is not good spoken. but with a little patience on both sides, its ok :) the rooms (double bed room e.g.) are clean and nice, a bed with an electric blanket (I loved it), a table and two chairs, its enough and good. perhaps the wifi could be better, but this is just luxury. food and coffee here is pretty good!

Every time I come to kunming I stay here. All is good. Just make sure you use the hostels free supply of earplugs as it can sometime get noisy. I had to cancel my stay this time round as my flight changed to chengdu and the staff were helpful and friendly helping with the cancellation.

If you are looking for somewhere comfortable, clean and friendly to stay in Hanoi, you found it! Staff really makes this place,they go above and beyond their call of duty (booking fairly priced transfer to airport, packing take away breakfast for you, printing tickets..just a few examples) and are not pushy sellers. Great place to stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3