The Hump Hostel Reviews

Jinmabiji Area, Jinbi Road, Kunming, China

On arrival our reservation for two rooms had been cancelled without notice. Instead of the two booked rooms we got one room and were expected to pay the same price, After a long and unfriendly discussion without even an apology, we got a 40RMB discount (which was still higher than the rate for one room!), location is good, but the halls are old, and there were cockroaches in the bathroom. Sheets and room itself were ok.

I love this hostel in terms of the location,cause it is situated in JinMaFang Square(金马坊广场). Pro : Pretty easy to find.Its spetacular view on the 3rd floor makes the paronama view on the top deck to stare people walking around the square,which is good place for you to relax on its bustling street.When you go down ,you can find foods and supermarket opposite side.Convenient to catch public bus. Negative : The window of 8 bed mix dorm that I've booked has no metal cage to others enter in.

Great hostel!!!Good central location!Nice staff!Delicious food.

• 12th Apr 2014

It was not my first time to stay in the hump.It is a nice place to stay with great value and great facilities.The staff is really helpfull and friendly.They treated me as a friend ,so i'd like to share my happniess and sorrow during my trip with them.Yes,they are the most beautiful girls,I am sure ,if you stay there,you will love to talk with them. And also there is a great rooftopterrace to meet,to enjoy the delicious food...The hump hostel is your first choice in Kunming.

I was there twice during last month. Great hostel: location, staff, atmosphere are perfect. Especially like a big terrace with cool view. Pretty cheap price for food and beverage. Good coffee. At night time recommend go to the main street and get blind master's massage for 20¥ (best head massage ever)

Beautiful area and the balcony overlooking the city is gorgeous. We spent one day just chilling there playing cards because it was such a calming atmosphere. the staff was super helpful and the beds were pretty good. Showers were a little complicated the first night but after that it was good. the apple toast breakfast is delicious! and basically all the food at the hostel was delicious. The pick up and drop off services to the airport were great and the same price as shuttle if traveling with 6

We much liked our stay in the Hump hostel. The staff is helpfull, the rooms are very nice and clean, with everything you need, and I found the location very good. The rooftopterrace is great. I was a bit worried about noice at night after reading the reviews and must say that this was not a problem at all. So we can definitely recommend this place!

Definitely stay here again if going to Kunming next time. Never regret to stay here. It is really one of the best hostels in Kunming. Located in the heart of Kunming Downtown.

Really cool, chill place.

great location, great staff, good atmosphere, great to meet people, nice rooftop, decent dorm rooms. Only 2 issues. 1) Toilets have a lingering smell that never goes away. 2) the food is simply terrible and at maximum simply average. Which is a shame as everything else about the place is spot on. New chefs and menu needed asap. Some legendary spicy kunming noodles would be great! Having said this its still best hostel in kunming and am here again now. Be good if it could fufill its potential!

DEAR SIR I CALLED THE HOTEL ON FEB.18 AND INFORMED THAT BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH PROBLEM I CAN NOT VISIT AND I CXLED MY VISIT BUT I WILL VISIT MAY BE IN APRIL LAST WEEK. I ALSO REQUESTED THEM FOR THE REFUND WHICH I PAID BY MY CREDIT CARD. WITH REGARDS SATYA

• 24th Feb 2014
  • India

Third time stay. Good time again. I found a big problem, you get price in "hostelbooker " RMB5.00 lower price.

Loved this hostel, one of the best i've stayed in! Cool rooftop terrace, ace location, friendly staff and bar/resto, nice rooms. Stayed in the 10 bed dorm- had lots of space, electronic lockers and one of the softest duvet's in all of my Asian travels. Would 100% stay again.

This is nice hostel but it is too big and too many people. The staffs are working hard to keep it quiet clean. Bedsheets are clean. Toilet has small window and the light is not bright.

The hostel is located in the very center of the city! We spent there just one night, but the atmospehere is really good, it's a huge place, many options of different rooms from which to choose. Rooms are clean, they have a nice bar, and a really nice terrace!the only thing I didin't get is that they had a huge list of teas, and only served green tea (in China...how weird)

I from my experience it is a great place to be. Sad l could not change the date after booking.

• 13th Feb 2014

Nice atmosphere in the lounge, good central location. Staff is nice but some can behave a bit autistic... Convenient free lockers and free baggage storage.

I was only there for 5 hours at night, between flights, but I did get the impression of a very well managed hostel.

Reception staff had extremely bad attitude - super impatiently gave wrong direction to the hostel. When we finally reached hostel, played phone all the way as if it were none of her business. Gave us 'coffee voucher' without explanation. When we asked the time required to go to airport, threw back vague answer till we must ask further. No explanation of where the blanket / pillow was. Very disappointed. Will never go back again. Worst hostel ever.

Thanks for you stay with us and sorry for all the troubles in our hostel ,we have many new staff in the hostel so they do some mistake and don't know how to do the service beter .we will provide some training for the service to our staff .i think we will be beter ,hope to see you again .

Could easily improve by putting simple systems in place,e.g allocated bed numbers. I arrived after a 30 hour train & wanted to sleep,there were no free beds in the room I was given,they proceeded to give me someone else's bed,I was disturbed later on when he came back. Loud Tibetan music from 6.30am outside window. There are not enough toilets/showers for the amount of people. The staff do not understand English, & when I conversed in Chinese they inconsiderately spoke too fast.Go to Cloudland

Dear : Thanks for you stay with us and give us comments ,I'm sorry you don't spend pleasant time in our hostel.we wish you have a nice stay in China .

« first « Prev 1 2 3