The Humpback Turtle

Fabulous 28 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017
7.4

could benefit from more cleaning, especially bathrooms. The meals are overpriced and basic but the porridge was amazing. There were a few thefts when I was there so keep stuff locked in lockers. One of the male staff very inappropriate and made me feel v uncomfortable as a female solo traveller. Despite this it's the best place to meet people, great location, great atmosphere, nice bar and the rest of the staff were kind and helpful. overcharged me for the deposit id already paid online.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017
6.9

This is a really cool hostel and I would totally recommend staying there. The main issue for me was that, as a girl travelling alone, the local men come into the hostel a lot and while they are really friendly they are also sleazy. Going out onto the beach alone all the workers next door would whistle and call. Some of the staff were really friendly and helpful Some Less so- I.e Elkin It's located in paradise. It's pretty expensive but I would say worth it.

• France, Female, 18-24
12th Nov 2016

It's a perfect backpacker hostel. Super atmostphere, welcoming staff, and an unrivalled view (and access) to the Ocean as it is basically 30m away from it. Just a precision: as it is 20min away from the village you'd better anticipate a little (meals, activities etc.) I definitely recommend it !

• Colombia, Couple, 25-30
11th Nov 2016
6.9

Prices are high at the area (no dorms available) you can get better sheets, matress, facilities in other locations nearby (Huina & Bahia Solano). I complain about the staff, they don't know the details of the trips they offer (One said me "why going to Utria, it is the same everywhere"), they behave like you're annoying them with each question, I informed my reservation length and type by e-mail and phone and they didn't change it (they have to call somewhere to be approved).