The Humpback Turtle Reviews

Playa El Almejal, Choco, Bahia solano, Colombia

I had a great experience at The Humpback Turtle. It's a clean, safe, economical and well-equipped hostel on a stunning strip of beach. The owner Tyler is really welcoming, helpful and friendly, as is the rest of the staff, and organized lots of fun day excursions and activities for us. It's a magical place that I would highly recommend!

• 11th Sep 2014

The humpback turtle is very poor in everything! Far overpriced, no security at all ( someone stole the sandals of my friend !!! Cleanliness was the worst I have ever seen! The doublé room with balcony ( please let me laugh !!! ) was even too small for one person! The facilities , there were none !!! The lonely planet says you can do surfing tours , but that is just one big joke! The hotel has surfboards with even holes in it!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Belgium

First Bart, we at the Humpback apologise for your bad experience. I am the owner and you did not meet me, as I was away during your stay. "No security at all" Well Bart, we have 15 lockers available, and we provide locks if needed. "Far Overpriced" We offer camping for 15,000, Dorm Beds for 25,000, the cheapest option on the Pacific. Cleanliness..we have 2 cleaning ladies working daily, this is a rustic beach hostel

The Humpback Turtle is a great place to stay with great staff and a lovely atmosphere. It´s located at the beach and you basically have your own private part of the beach in front of the hostel. The Hostel owner tries to keep his place ecofriendly, he employs local people and has a foundation for the local kids with his surf school. The Hostel offers great food and organizes whale watching trips. It´s a perfect place to experience the beautiful nature of Choco and to enjoy a relaxed time.

• 15th Jul 2014