The Independente Hostel & Suites

Superb 586 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 31-40
7th Jun 2017
5.7

Beautiful place but the location over a loud restaurant killed it. I was on 1st floor, it was impossible to sleep because of super loud beat music until midnight every night, even with window closed, which was horrible anyway because too hot. In the morning, it starts again with additional drilling noise from construction sites. To pay double price than other hostels for a dorm where you cant sleep is a rip off no matter how fancy the place is! I would not stay there again for this price.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Hostelworld. It is very important for us to get our guests’ opinions, so that we can improve our service consistently and continuously. We work hard every day to ensure that our service standards remain high, and that our guests can enjoy an excellent experience. I am very sorry to learn your experience has fallen below expectations. We have shared your concerned with the administration, and are currently working on solutions to soundproof the rooms and improve the building’s climatization. We hope to welcome you again soon, so that you can enjoy the upgrades and get your better accommodation experience. Kind regards, RM

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
29th May 2017

Very nice hostel, excellent staff

• Slovakia, Female, 41+
27th May 2017

Really great hostel in very beautiful building. perfect location. AMAZING VIEW. good big beds. very clean. I loved the place. I highly recommend it.

• Petar_mkd
  • Macedonia, Male, 25-30
16th May 2017

The only problem was that the location was very loud, but other than that its a great hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th May 2017

Independente was an incredible hostel, well-located and budget-friendly. My friend and I stayed in Lisbon for 3 days and trip was greatly enhanced by the quality of our hostel. I would reccomend Independente to anyone visiting Lisbon.

30th Apr 2017

I didn't like the 3 level bunk beds- they shook every time a bunkmate moved. Other than that, everything was great. I loved the location and the breakfast they provided. The lounge is nice and the restaurant and bar that are attached are cool. Everything was very clean BUT I did see a huge roach in the kitchen attached to the lounge...yikes. Probably from people leaving food out.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2017

The location is the cherry on top of what would be a A-grade hostel anywhere else. I particularly appreciated the efficient and helpful staff.

25th Jan 2017

This hostel is in a perfect location, close to a lot of great areas of Lisbon. The staff was very helpful from check in to check out. The only issue was the bunks didn't have individual outlets to charge phones or other electronics. The women's bathroom on the first floor was directly across from the lounge area so if anyone left the door open everyone could see you shower in there.

Dear Kathleen, Thank you very much for reviewing us on Hostelworld. It's a pleasure to read your nice words. Regarding the less positive aspects, I can tell you that we're already taking the matter in hands and should have the problems fixed very soon:) We hope to have you back at The Independente very soon! Best Regards, Rafael N.M. Guest Relations Manager

• nataliep2016
  • USA, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017

This hostel was great! Clean, super secure (2 door locks you have to wave a pass in front of to get in, and you get a locker lock for your luggage), the front desk woman was extremely friendly and super helpful helping me find things I wanted to see an gave me a map, I would definitely stay here again. I stayed in a pretty full room and some of the girls were up talking pretty late but I was so exhausted from traveling I slept really well.

Dear Natalie, Thanks so much for your amazing review here on Hostelworld.com. It's with pride that we receive such a great comment from you. As we say in portuguese: obrigado! :) We hope to welcome you back at The Independente Hostel very soon for another great stay! Best Regards, Rafael N.M. Guest Relations Manager

22nd Dec 2016
7.1

amazing location. disappointing shower and toilet facilities, quite unpleasant built. Common room opens only at 11am ...why? the 3 bunk bed tower is problematic.

Dear Avi, Thank you very much for reviewing us on Hostelword.com. It's very important for us to get our guests' feedback and suggestions. As far as the negative points you mention, we are currently working on a few improvements that sould fix the pointed problems. Regarding the common room, we appreciate your suggestion to open it at earlier hours. We hadn't considered it yet to protect other guests quality of sleep. We will reconsider it though :) We hope to see you back very soon for an even better stay! Kind Regards, Rafael N.M. Guest Relations Manager