The Independente Hostel & Suites Reviews

Rua Sao Pedro de Alcantara, 81, Lisbon, Portugal

Great place. Clean, affordable and a good location. Downstairs reataurant is unreal too

The room was beautiful, the breakfast was amazing - we loved the location of the breakfast too with the view out over the city. We ate at the new restaurant on the roof and were slightly disappointed in the service - a little too fussy - however we were really impressed with the food and service in the Decadente, we will definitely be recommending it to friends.

• 29th Jun 2014

Great and beautiful hostel! Perfect location in Lisbon (barrio alto) and the showers were amazing. The staff on average was good but there was a cleaning lady who was totally disrespectful if you were in the bathroom brushing your teeth she would start cleaning the sink WHILE I was brushing my teeth like "get out of her way" sort of thing. Other than that great hostel but not a party hostel either.

The showers were a bit grotty and dirty The dorms at night got very hot and stuffy. At times it was very noisy too. The three story bunks were a bit flimsy. Overall it was good value though. The decor was contemporary most of the staff were friendly and helpful. The location and view from the dorms were amazing and the breakfast was great. I have enjoyed city breaks stopping in hostels for many years

The cleaning staff at the hostel were so nice and welcoming and made me feel at home, which was nice considering that the front desk staff acted like I was a bother and were not welcoming at all. Other than that, the hostel was clean and secure. When they play live music at night you'll be able to hear it all over the hostel, so you might want to bring ear plugs. Also they have listed nightly activities but I never heard about them or saw them actually doing them.

We've had a very pleasant stay in the Independente Hostel. Good location, a beautifull building with very high ceilings and a charming common room. Although the room was tiny for 6 people, there was for every bed a little storage box with a lock provided by the hostel. Good breakfast with bread, and for little extra money eggs, fruit e.g. Loved the happy hour and sangria night!

The location is excellent and our dorm had an amazing view. Definitely value for money at least since I got a deal where I paid only for 2 night eventhough I spen 3 nights. No curtains in the dorm window though so it got light pretty early. And have dinner at ithe restaurant downstairs: the food was amazing!

Thank you very much for your review. We're sincerely happy that you attributed your stay such a good value for money and that you thoroughly enjoyed the food at our restaurant. We need to clarify one detail though: all our rooms do have big wood shutters that black out the light and reduce the noise coming from the street. Unfortunately you weren't aware of its presence during your stay and we apologise for the discomfort it caused. Hoping to welcome you again soon, The Independente Team

Great environment! The staff couldn't be nicer. The rooms are spacious and there are large drawers where you can store your bags safely.

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

I only have great things to say about this hostel! Clean, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast (fresh bread, ham, cheese, fruits, cereals, hot and cold drinks). They have a great team who is looking into the needs of their clients. They will make everything possible so you have the best stay ever.

Staff were so helpful and polite. Breakfast sets you up for the day. Atmosphere I'd friendly and accommodating . A really good stay . Thanks very much.

A wonderful hostel with a relaxed atmosphere, kind and generous staff and beautiful rooms. Easy to meet people, and on an ideal location to explore Lisbon.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Belgium

Look no further, this is the best hostel you can find in town. From the day of the booking, the staff have been very helpful by emailing me precise indications. The architecture is stunningly beautiful and internal design extremely enjoyable and modern. The staff are fun, helpful and nice beyond any expectation. Rooms are big, full of light, very clean, and their beds very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the large lounge and equipped kitchen, the bar/café and stunning view: best hostel ever!

One of the best Hostels I've been to.

Just perfect, best hostel, best atmosphere, the staff is so kind

Independent hostel ** easily became your family... A typical day starts with joyful ** at breakfast. Exceptional ** at reception And ends at the amazing lounge where travel karma inhabit! (**) PEOPLE Thank you for all! Victor & Andreia

If you like design hostels And you are a foodie, this is where you wanna be. The hostel itself is amazing, beautiful bulding, very design, a lot of services And extremely pleasant commun areas. It has a very (very!!) good restaurant downstairs, a lot of locals are going to eat there And a very warm And cosy bar where you can have great happy hours. Easy to meet people And easy to have your own Space as well. Beds And linens are confortable And everything is super clean. A must in lisboa,for sure