The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

A very cute hostel with a fun and relaxed vibe. If I had been here in the summer, I would have enjoyed taking advantage of the bike rentals. Location is a bit far from anywhere, but the residential setting is part of what gives it its homey atmosophere. It is in a converted house so it has a lot of common area spaces and a big kitchen. I would have happily stayed here longer and will return if life ever takes me back to Indianapolis.

Great hostel. Friendly staff! Dorms and Bathrooms are very clean. No complaints!

• 31st Oct 2014

Had a great time at this hostel. I met some lovely people and the staff were lovely. There was a festival in the backyard which was fun. The hostel was on a great bus route into downtown and in a safe area. The only negative is not having a breakfast available but would definitely stay again :D

Ok so being picked up via the 'shuttle' service that turned out to be quite possibly the crappiest car on the roads of Indiana wasnt a great start. Seriously that car needs to hit the junkyard. But everything else about the Indy Hostel was great. Good location, quiet and safe area. Very clean house and beds. Couldnt ask for better value for money. Take the 17 bus from outside the state house up College Ave to 49th if arriving by greyhound.

They could use a "house mom" to oversee the kitchen, clean out the frig, etc. otherwise pretty good place to cheaply lay ur head.

• 4th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. They could do with having a bathroom downstairs for those staying in the basement, more tourist information and more visible staff but it's a very nice place to stay.

Despite being a 20minute bus ride from downtown or $20 cab it was a cheap place to stay in a very under rated city. The neighbourhood of broad ripple was only a short cab ride north and the hostel was reasonable location for bars here and for visiting the sights and sounds of downtown indianapolis

Very good place to rest a bit and meet people from all over the world. Staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was a fun place to stay. I enjoyed the campfire. The facilities were very nice. My only complaint was my difficulty in finding my way around Indianapolis. I wouldn't say this was the hostel's fault. The location was not particularly central, but neither was the place where I was spending most of my time.

• 24th Jul 2014