The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. They could do with having a bathroom downstairs for those staying in the basement, more tourist information and more visible staff but it's a very nice place to stay.

Despite being a 20minute bus ride from downtown or $20 cab it was a cheap place to stay in a very under rated city. The neighbourhood of broad ripple was only a short cab ride north and the hostel was reasonable location for bars here and for visiting the sights and sounds of downtown indianapolis

Very good place to rest a bit and meet people from all over the world. Staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was a fun place to stay. I enjoyed the campfire. The facilities were very nice. My only complaint was my difficulty in finding my way around Indianapolis. I wouldn't say this was the hostel's fault. The location was not particularly central, but neither was the place where I was spending most of my time.

• 24th Jul 2014

Indyhostel is a great little hostel, and the only one in Indianapolis. It has the feel of a family home, where you can hang out in the living room and watch TV or drink a beer on the porch and socialize. I stay here every year for the Indianapolis 500 and they have made great improvements in the 5 years I have stayed here. The downstairs dorm room used to be stuffy and seemingly always under construction but now it is spacious and airy while the other facilities remain clean and nice.

The staff was very friendly and really makes an effort to socialize and welcome all new clients.

Very chill vibe, everybody's really friendly and helpful. Great location, easy to get into downtown, especially if you want to walk the trail.

• 1st May 2014