The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

A peacefull hostel that absolutely feels like home. Staff is helpfull and kind. It is a 5 minute walk to ''College Avenue''. which is a street full of nice bars. When you are a lonely young traveler, it can be hard to meet new people though, because the hostel is quite small. Therefore, I had to go to the bars/clubs alone in order to meet new people, which eventually was pretty nice. For 2 nights, this hostel was a great place to stay alone, but I would not stay there much longer.

stayed here a few times.

Repeat visitor to this location-friendly and courteous staff and economical.

• 3rd May 2013

The owner is the only staff, feel at home, like your the one take yourself, no free breakfast while the room rate is same to other hostel in chicago or LA, the other toilet is broke

It was definitely the slow season in the middle of winter in Indianapolis, but Indy Hostel was warm, relaxed, and plenty of full-size bottom bunks to choose from. Although it has two bus lines near it, being relatively far from Downtown/Fountain Square was kind of a bummer. City is pretty small though, so cab from Fountain Square on a Saturday night was only $12. Otherwise, during the day, buses take you around for only $4 for the day pass.

• 16th Feb 2013

There was something wrong with the room in that both my partner and I ended up with sore throats after sleeping there two nights..........it went away when we were not there. The estimate on the taxi was $5 too low. It was $20 to get to downtown, not $15.

• 18th Jan 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Great place to stay in a hip, yet quiet, neighborhood. Terrific staff and very friendly fellow travelers.

• 30th Dec 2012

Unbelievably friendly staff and a wonderful place to stay.

I loved the Indy Hostel. It was adorable and quaint. Very hospitable and welcoming. I really want to go back and stay longer. The only thing that was even remotely not good was that I got a little chilly while I was sleeping, and I'd say that is my own fault. I have already recommended this place to many people. I really enjoyed myself.

• 12th Nov 2012

If you are in Indianapolis you simply must stay here. Do not settle for scary, expensive Motel Six. Staying here felt like being at a friend's house: very safe, warm, friendly. For a four night stay I paid about one hundred fifteen dollars but had one of the best stays I have had in the last year.

I have nothing but good things to say about Indy Hostel. Easily one of the best hostels that I have stayed in. It's in an old house that has lots of character, the staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful, the place is in a great neighborhood with many local restaurants etc. nearby, and it's clean and peaceful. It was also a very good price. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

The Staff was really nice and the hostel is cozy and clean. Can definitely recommend it!

• 2nd Nov 2012

we had a great time, the folks at the hostel were warm, and found indy hostel really convenient to restaurants, parks, and music venues!

• 16th Oct 2012

This hostel was really good. The managers (Kevin and Hailey) are great people and enjoy talking with guests at the hostel. The hostel is a house and therefore feels more homely than the larger hostels in other cities. It is clean and the rates are reasonable. I would recommend this hostel to anyone that is visiting Indianapolis.

Would recommend Indy Hostel. Great location with excellant connection to Indygo Bus System. Look forward to our next visit.

• 14th Oct 2012

Very colorful and friendly vibe here. The owners and managers are very hospitable!

• 12th Oct 2012

One of the best hostel where I have ever been to!

I stayed two nights in the private room. The hostel was quite nice--clean, spacious, and friendly. It is located it a quiet residential neighborhood and is within walking distance to a number of restaurants, Butler U, and, from what I understand, public transportation. My only complaint is that the lock on my room's door looks as though it must be a hundred years old and it doesn't really work. The outside door to the hostel, however, does have an electronic keypad which is somewhat reassuring.

Sweet hostel in a nice nighborhood, from downtown 15 minutes with the bus nr. 17.. I missed nothing. Bikes for rent 10 $ a day!

• 21st Sep 2012
  • Switzerland

Fantastic atmosphere and very friendly and relaxed staff. I slept like a baby and would recommend the Indy Hostel to anyone looking for the perfect place!

• 18th Sep 2012