The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

Remarkably affable staff, comfortable beds, clean and cozy atmosphere in the lounge. The only minus is the location, which is half and hour's bus ride from downtown. however. there's a vibrant bar and restaurant area 5 minutes bus ride away.

I had very good time at the indy hostel. I especially liked the cleanliness and the atmosphere.

Nice place

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Loved the laid back atmosphere!!

Sadly the hostel is far of from downtown, still there are so some cool places nearby to go to, Staffmembers are very nice and so is the house in which the hostel is located.

A very nice clean hostel with a friendly informative staff. It boasts a full kitchen, outside patio and common areas. Getting to downtown easy and a short walk catch the #17 bus. If you are driving, street parking is available as well as a very small lot. Fun Micro beer bars line College street as well as other places to eat and shop. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great getaway weekend!

You could have things like Gatorade actually available, or don't advertise having them.

Great staff, and decent location. Wish the bus system in Indy ran later, but that's not the hostel's fault. The WiFi was a little spotty, but overall I had a great stay and would totally stay again if I'm in Indy again.

It's a small hostel, it's not as flashy as some hostels I've stayed at in bigger cities, but the staff is laid back but extremely helpful and friendly, the beds are HUGE for a hostel, the facilities are clean, and it's extremely easy to get downtown (like I did for Gen Con) via public transportation. This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at several.

• 14th Aug 2013

This is a very nice hostel. Located around 6 miles from down town Indy in a neighborhood that is walking distance from a few nice bars and restaurants. If going downtown you can use the bus, the stop being in walking distance, to get there for cheap, however, a taxi is faster but costs around 16-20 USD one way. It is quiet a distance from the airport that could lead to a heavy taxi bill, however the staff at the hostel will usually drive or pick you up for far cheaper! I will be going back!

Nice, green city, nice local beers, its a bit far from downtown but ig like to Bike the trail crossing a big part of the city is just besides the hostel! Great place

I would definitely stay here again and recommend my friends to stay here.

• 8th Aug 2013

My stay in Indy Hostel was great. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. The beds and common space were clean. It even had bicycles for rent for $10. The only downside was spotty wi-fi, otherwise I had an excellent experience.

• 7th Aug 2013

Had a wonderful time. It's an excellent hostel with friendly staff. Would definitely recommend it

Clean place, homey feeling... AC could have been better through-out the house, though the basement was cool enough to sleep comfortably (co-ed dorm)... Lights being on during the night was somewhat obnoxious, especially since "quiet time" starts at 10pm; what's the point of quiet time if you can't sleep anyway with a light glaring at you? Anyway, overall a good experience... Would probably stay there again... Good neighborhood; good people...

• 19th Jul 2013

Far from the downtown. If you don't have a car, as in any other big city of US, the public transportation will not provide a good service (they don't have a late service Indy, at least in the time I was there...)

• 7th Jul 2013

The staff were really nice, although not always around so sometimes it was difficult to find people to ask questions about things. It seemed like it could potentially be a fun place and probably fine in the main building, but we stayed in a smaller building next to the main one, which was really dirty and lots of bugs (as the hostel is in the woods in the middle of nowhere) and it smelt really badly of what we later found out was probably mold. Not the best...

I enjoyed the personality of the staff and how accommodating they were. I enjoyed the location in regards to Broad Ripple and how close in was to the Monon Trail. I would stay there again given the chance to return...which I may.

• 2nd Jun 2013

A very good and the only hostel in Indianapolis. I've visited this place in the weekend of the Indy 50a0. It's only little bit far to the citycenter but there are buses. If you've a car you can easy park it in the neighbourhood.

The hostel itself and the staff were great but its not ina very good location. Its easily 20 bucks to the downtown area. We had a private room that didn't lock which basically defeats the purpose of having a private room. The neighborhood also looked kinda dodgy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7