The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

Great hostel. Friendly staff! Dorms and Bathrooms are very clean. No complaints!

• 31st Oct 2014

Had a great time at this hostel. I met some lovely people and the staff were lovely. There was a festival in the backyard which was fun. The hostel was on a great bus route into downtown and in a safe area. The only negative is not having a breakfast available but would definitely stay again :D

Ok so being picked up via the 'shuttle' service that turned out to be quite possibly the crappiest car on the roads of Indiana wasnt a great start. Seriously that car needs to hit the junkyard. But everything else about the Indy Hostel was great. Good location, quiet and safe area. Very clean house and beds. Couldnt ask for better value for money. Take the 17 bus from outside the state house up College Ave to 49th if arriving by greyhound.

They could use a "house mom" to oversee the kitchen, clean out the frig, etc. otherwise pretty good place to cheaply lay ur head.

• 4th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. They could do with having a bathroom downstairs for those staying in the basement, more tourist information and more visible staff but it's a very nice place to stay.

Despite being a 20minute bus ride from downtown or $20 cab it was a cheap place to stay in a very under rated city. The neighbourhood of broad ripple was only a short cab ride north and the hostel was reasonable location for bars here and for visiting the sights and sounds of downtown indianapolis

Very good place to rest a bit and meet people from all over the world. Staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was a fun place to stay. I enjoyed the campfire. The facilities were very nice. My only complaint was my difficulty in finding my way around Indianapolis. I wouldn't say this was the hostel's fault. The location was not particularly central, but neither was the place where I was spending most of my time.

• 24th Jul 2014

Indyhostel is a great little hostel, and the only one in Indianapolis. It has the feel of a family home, where you can hang out in the living room and watch TV or drink a beer on the porch and socialize. I stay here every year for the Indianapolis 500 and they have made great improvements in the 5 years I have stayed here. The downstairs dorm room used to be stuffy and seemingly always under construction but now it is spacious and airy while the other facilities remain clean and nice.

The staff was very friendly and really makes an effort to socialize and welcome all new clients.

Very chill vibe, everybody's really friendly and helpful. Great location, easy to get into downtown, especially if you want to walk the trail.

• 1st May 2014

Remarkably affable staff, comfortable beds, clean and cozy atmosphere in the lounge. The only minus is the location, which is half and hour's bus ride from downtown. however. there's a vibrant bar and restaurant area 5 minutes bus ride away.

I had very good time at the indy hostel. I especially liked the cleanliness and the atmosphere.

Nice place

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Loved the laid back atmosphere!!

Sadly the hostel is far of from downtown, still there are so some cool places nearby to go to, Staffmembers are very nice and so is the house in which the hostel is located.

A very nice clean hostel with a friendly informative staff. It boasts a full kitchen, outside patio and common areas. Getting to downtown easy and a short walk catch the #17 bus. If you are driving, street parking is available as well as a very small lot. Fun Micro beer bars line College street as well as other places to eat and shop. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great getaway weekend!

You could have things like Gatorade actually available, or don't advertise having them.

Great staff, and decent location. Wish the bus system in Indy ran later, but that's not the hostel's fault. The WiFi was a little spotty, but overall I had a great stay and would totally stay again if I'm in Indy again.

It's a small hostel, it's not as flashy as some hostels I've stayed at in bigger cities, but the staff is laid back but extremely helpful and friendly, the beds are HUGE for a hostel, the facilities are clean, and it's extremely easy to get downtown (like I did for Gen Con) via public transportation. This is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at several.

• 14th Aug 2013