The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

Staff were friendly and helpful, location was pretty out of the way but still in a cool neighborhood. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Also less than a block from the Monon trails, great for running or biking.

We had the private ensuite and it was wonderful! You could smell how clean it was. There was everything I could've been looking for. It was way more fun than a hotel. The staff was great. It was my first hostel experience, and I was a little apprehensive but I emailed ahead and a staff member answered all my many questions and made me feel really good about it. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 21st May 2015

The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating-they even gave me free stickers even though the price was listed. There were a few individuals around to meet, but at least for the one night we stayed there wasn't really a group atmosphere, though the common rooms were lovely. A little more than I would have liked to pay for a hostel because I was on a very tight budget, but given the quality of facilities and services justified.

The staff was great, we were only slightly disappointed that there was no breakfast. Otherwise, the place was clean, comfortable and totally worth it. Better that a cheap motel. If the weather was warmer, we could have definitely walked to some great nightlife. We drove due to cold weather.

Thanks for a brilliant stay!

• 27th Feb 2015

Really cool place with very nice rooms. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away from Downtown but the neighbourhoods nearby are really nice with good restaurants to have breakfast. The staff is really cool and helpful, too.

How is the connectivity to Amtrack, Greyhound, Airport?

• 19th Dec 2014

A very cute hostel with a fun and relaxed vibe. If I had been here in the summer, I would have enjoyed taking advantage of the bike rentals. Location is a bit far from anywhere, but the residential setting is part of what gives it its homey atmosophere. It is in a converted house so it has a lot of common area spaces and a big kitchen. I would have happily stayed here longer and will return if life ever takes me back to Indianapolis.

Great hostel. Friendly staff! Dorms and Bathrooms are very clean. No complaints!

• 31st Oct 2014

Had a great time at this hostel. I met some lovely people and the staff were lovely. There was a festival in the backyard which was fun. The hostel was on a great bus route into downtown and in a safe area. The only negative is not having a breakfast available but would definitely stay again :D

Ok so being picked up via the 'shuttle' service that turned out to be quite possibly the crappiest car on the roads of Indiana wasnt a great start. Seriously that car needs to hit the junkyard. But everything else about the Indy Hostel was great. Good location, quiet and safe area. Very clean house and beds. Couldnt ask for better value for money. Take the 17 bus from outside the state house up College Ave to 49th if arriving by greyhound.

They could use a "house mom" to oversee the kitchen, clean out the frig, etc. otherwise pretty good place to cheaply lay ur head.

• 4th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. They could do with having a bathroom downstairs for those staying in the basement, more tourist information and more visible staff but it's a very nice place to stay.

Despite being a 20minute bus ride from downtown or $20 cab it was a cheap place to stay in a very under rated city. The neighbourhood of broad ripple was only a short cab ride north and the hostel was reasonable location for bars here and for visiting the sights and sounds of downtown indianapolis

Very good place to rest a bit and meet people from all over the world. Staff was very friendly. Hostel was clean and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was a fun place to stay. I enjoyed the campfire. The facilities were very nice. My only complaint was my difficulty in finding my way around Indianapolis. I wouldn't say this was the hostel's fault. The location was not particularly central, but neither was the place where I was spending most of my time.

• 24th Jul 2014

Indyhostel is a great little hostel, and the only one in Indianapolis. It has the feel of a family home, where you can hang out in the living room and watch TV or drink a beer on the porch and socialize. I stay here every year for the Indianapolis 500 and they have made great improvements in the 5 years I have stayed here. The downstairs dorm room used to be stuffy and seemingly always under construction but now it is spacious and airy while the other facilities remain clean and nice.

The staff was very friendly and really makes an effort to socialize and welcome all new clients.

Very chill vibe, everybody's really friendly and helpful. Great location, easy to get into downtown, especially if you want to walk the trail.

• 1st May 2014

Remarkably affable staff, comfortable beds, clean and cozy atmosphere in the lounge. The only minus is the location, which is half and hour's bus ride from downtown. however. there's a vibrant bar and restaurant area 5 minutes bus ride away.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7