The Indy Hostel Reviews

4903 Winthrop Ave., Indianapolis, USA

It's the only hostel in Indianapolis. Guess what, it's not that bad. Atmosphere is fantastic, staff is very welcoming and helpful, while infrastructure-wise, not so much. It's located somewhat out of town, so you need to take a 30-minute bus to downtown, plus the wait, it means AGES. Shower is good, but not clean, by not clean, I mean not cleaned at all, you can see the layer to black dust on the bottom of the bathtub, and you are supposed to step in it to take the shower, so next time, Airbnb!

charged me twice on one stay. place is mis-managed. music is way too loud. upstairs area smells like butt.

• 11th Dec 2015

jim and januck made me feel very welcome.I wish I could jump on a palne and go back tomorrow.Thankyou

• 7th Dec 2015

Decent value. However dorm had no door separating it from common areas (simply down some stairs) nor any lockers for valuables; also bathrooms were a walk back upstairs and through common areas. About 5 miles from the city centre (bus takes about half an hour). The staff I met were very laid-back and seemed concerned with socialising with the guests more than working (they were good fun but it left me wondering how the hostel actually runs... it was fine to live in though!)

Very good !!!!

Good vibe place. Young staff=only official management & Nate understood their professional, operational & relational role w/ paying customers. Other quasi-staff are ill suited to the trust based role. Not one talked about selling me a better room to sleep in than the dorm. Nate showing a private room was excellent customer service response. Private rooms =slightly over-priced compared to nearby Indianapolis marketplace in terms of security, sound proofing, privacy, amenities & value.

• 13th Nov 2015

Friendly staff, great location. I will be returning for sure!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, highly recommended.

Very nice and clean! Very enjoy my stay:-) I'll back see the dogs later:-D

Had a wonderful time at the indy Hostel. Superb staff, clean, cool guests and perfect atmosphere.

This was a very pleasent stay in Indianapolis, situated in a good area and the staff here were amazing, only small draw back is that its located a bit far away from the centre of Indy and the choice of shops nearby aren't that great, but there is a bus nearby which helps get around this problem.

One if the cleanest and most welcoming hostels I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed at 15 all over the world)

We very much enjoyed our stay at the hostel and would do it again!

• 28th Jul 2015

It's a very good hostel, and I think the only one in town. Good people, good staff, good facilities.

We had a great time. We were not disappointed in any way. Friendly staff, very clean. Had the feel of a European backpackers hostel. We'll be back.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This is a great place to stay, very friendly accommodating staff and an awesome atmosphere- very cool yard set-up with stage. We are excited to stay again!

• 7th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel. Very cool atmosphere and clean. Bathroom wasn't the greatest, but everything else was above expectations.

• 27th Jun 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful, location was pretty out of the way but still in a cool neighborhood. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Also less than a block from the Monon trails, great for running or biking.

We had the private ensuite and it was wonderful! You could smell how clean it was. There was everything I could've been looking for. It was way more fun than a hotel. The staff was great. It was my first hostel experience, and I was a little apprehensive but I emailed ahead and a staff member answered all my many questions and made me feel really good about it. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 21st May 2015

The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating-they even gave me free stickers even though the price was listed. There were a few individuals around to meet, but at least for the one night we stayed there wasn't really a group atmosphere, though the common rooms were lovely. A little more than I would have liked to pay for a hostel because I was on a very tight budget, but given the quality of facilities and services justified.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7