The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

Ivory Palace was the first hotel we stayed in India after a long 16 hour flight and right away all my anxiety was removed. We were greeted with warm welcomes, complimentary beverages, and told to make ourselves at home in the cozy common room while we were checked in. A great way to begin our adventure! I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about this place. It is a great, reasonably priced hotel that treats you right. The rooms were spotless, the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

shower didn't work at all. isn't a hostel - is a hotel.

The hotel staff gave me excellent hospitality and made me feel at home though it was my first visit to the hotel. They were very punctual in their service. They were very prompt in attending even midnight service calls. I was very much delighted by their service and approach. Many thanks to entire hotel team. I strongly recommend this hotel for all the visitors.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • India

I was happy overall with this hotel although there are a lot of options for hotels so I would choose a different one next time.

Firstly, it's not a hostel. The staff are not friendly, they don't even have a map of the city, everything for them is commission based. They also make you pay for the parking if you use the 'free' airport pickup. The location is not the best, although it is only a few minutes from the metro station. Can take over 40minutes to the centre with an auto rickshaw. There was zero atmosphere when I stayed. Stay somewhere else, but after all it is India!

Room is very clean, but roof top and step to roof top was not clean. I get up early 7:00am for Yoga event, but nobody take care. Hot water was not hot about 33 degree.

Staff was very courteous and polite. But extremely loud during the night in the hallways and lobby. Facitilies were clean and accessible.

• 29th Dec 2013

Superb place for budget class travelers,amazing staff ,clean rooms and laundry too. very close from the metro station Centrally located in Delhi.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

I loved the fact they offer free airport pick up. Felt safe with this convenience. Basic room with weird shape, not good use of space. Very noisy, there was an wedding and it was like they were singing in my ear, you can hear every honk and shout from outside. Food service decent. Bathroom is not the cleanest but ok for the money, hot water takes time.

Staff were very polite and helpful with nice English. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room service food was excellent and great value. We had asked the hotel to provide some tour services, airport pickup, 5 day trip to Agra,jaipur etc. which were excellent value and provided with no problem. The drivers were polite and friendly and the vehicles comfortable and clean. The drivers found guides for us whenever one was needed. Great hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• 10th Dec 2013

Nice place, i'd love to stay more! And very good food, especially palak paneer.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Russia

The room service they provide is awesome and the staff super nice; the rooms are clean and neat despite some ugly furniture; it's one of the hostels with the best value for money that I stayed in India

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Austria

We read the reviews before booking this Hotel and were a bit skeptical that they could all be so great. But after spending 3 days at this amazing place, we assure you this is a must place to stay in New Delhi. People treated us like family. The rooms are beautiful and are a welcome retreat to the bustling of the city and as wonderful as the conversations with Arun and other people.Everyone who travels wants to come home with memories of Ivory Palace FORGET THE NEW DELHI HOTELS AND STAY HERE .

• 28th Nov 2013
  • India

Based on the price we paid, the hotel was great. The staff were incredibly friendly and will do anything for you. At first the location was nice , exploring the area we discovered we were right near tourist markets and near middle of Delhi. The rooms are nice and beds are comfortably, our room have a window too. This isn't some 5 star hotel with immaculate service and stunning ,But still enjoyed my stay and ask Mr.Arun for free seeshah (hookah) and also for a free drop to city center too.

• 30th Oct 2013

Following advice from friends we stayed here for our first four days in India and were very well looked after. The rooms are lovely, the food delicious and everyone very friendly and helpful. The excellent advice and guidance helped us to cope with the onslaught of Delhi. The hotel is near to centre but the metro is quite close and once the hotel had provided guide to get there on the first morning ,The staff was excellent ,nice rooms ,hot water ,free pick up and a free drop to city centre too.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

I would recommend this hostel, it was relatively clean, always had hot water, our AC worked really well. Free wifi and breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I have no complaints.

Firstly - this isn't a hostel. It is a cheap guesthouse which they call hostel to get people to book. The location is right in the heart of Karol Bagh which was great for me and I liked the area. The staff were ok very hit and miss. A free airport pick up was included but then we had to pay for parking which wasn't stated. . We were also taken to a notorious travel agent to get a 'free map'. It's all commission based for them and didn't help us when we asked for information - dissapointing.