The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

I can't put into words how good the staff and this place is! The team know English well and are a pleasure to spend time with. They went the extra mile with organised travel also :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Delhi hidden gem!

• 19th May 2015

Really happy and thanks to Hostelworld that we decided to stay in this hotel. We had booked one room for one night. Right from their complimentary pickup from the airport, very effective front office support staff, facilitation of a local sim card and then a complimentary drop at City Center Connaught Place, everything was geared towards making a guests' stay smooth and comfortable. We were allowed to leave our luggage in their cloak room for 2 days free of cost.

• 17th May 2015

There was a festival going on when I arrived, so I could not get access to the place. To make matters worse, I was not notified.

The reception area smells strongly of smoke. The staff sit at the desk smoking which makes it unpleasant to sit in. Sometimes it felt as if I was walking through fog. The room was a good size and was clean enough. It is in the Karol Bagh area which is a busy market and there is a metro station very nearby. It is easy to use the metro to get around Delhi.

I arrived in Delhi, alone, at 1:00 in the morning. This being my first time in India, had a lot of anxiety about arriving as a solo female traveler. My mind was instantly put to rest when my driver from Ivory Palace met me at the airport. From that moment to the end of my stay the staff went above and beyond to make my experience in the overwhelming city of Delhi a pleasant one. Their guidance and advice was invaluable. Clean room, good food, quiet location, highly recommend it.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

Superb Place with a superb location clean white sheets spacious rooms near to metro a free airport pick up owner Arun a nice gentleman who will help you in any thing you want booked trip with them a smart driver who knows each and every thing about India specially north India will con firmly come again to this place and a staff is also gud nothing to say more Thank you guys keep it up.

• 27th Apr 2015

Please do not recommend this hotel. It is involved in a tourist scam with a local tourist agency pretending to be the government tourist office. The hotel was directly involved by driving us to the fake tourist office whilst assuring us that they were taking us to the official office. The tourist office overcharged us by 100% for an internal trip. The hotel also asked for extra cash upon check out to cover for extra nonexistent booking fees.

• 10th Apr 2015

This facility should not be listed in HostelWorld. It is not a hostel. It is a cheap hotel. It's patronized by local Indians. Unlike other hostels, we met no travelers from Denmark, or the UK, Canada, France, etc. It's a hotel. HOSTELWORLD, please do not include hotels! You are a HOSTEL site, not a hotel site! I would not have stayed here if I had known it was a hotel. (HW fooled me on this score in Boston once, with a hotel in an awful location). The IP was ok, but would rather stay at hostel.

Great , intimate boutique hotel. The rooms are large and spacious, it is quite, and believe me that is almost impossible to achieve in India , but mostly the staff are wonderful They cannot do enough for you and they are friendly. The food was amazing. Arun you made our stay exceptional.Do not be put off by the location, the metro is nearby and you can access most of delay quickly and very cheaply. Don't stay in large, impersonal hotels, stay here, i

• 6th Apr 2015

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I'm at the end of a year long trip and I've stayed in everything from 5 star hotels to dingy dorms. This hotel tops them all. Really it's all about the attention to detail. The rooms are small, but incredibly comfortable and everything is amazingly thought out. The entire building runs like well designed clean and a super fast WIFI ,walking distance to metro and a FREE AIRPORT PICK WORKS WELL TOO.Friendly staff ,clean linen ,AC work well .

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very nice hotel with best hospitality I ever experienced in 3 star category. I am a regular visitor in Delhi and have to stay 3-4 days in Delhi for business purpose. I will definitely stay again and again here and will recommend other travellers also.they are well maintaining the hotel. Food quality is excellent and tasty,rooms are nice and spacious.staff is very cooperative. I really appreciate their hospitality and services.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Definitely good value for money, located right in the middle of a typical street in Delhi, stepping into Ivory is like walking into another world. I was impressed with the staff courtesy and helpfulness. The ambience and interiors are pleasantly sober and very well maintained....there are not many such seriously clean and hygienic hotels in India! Conveniently located near most places of interest in Delhi, we were able to maximise touring and sight-seeing.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Location: a 5 minute easy walk to the metro, area is very busy with lots of clothing shops, food stands, restaurants, etc.l, not very touristy. Staff: the man who greeted us said tell us if anything is wrong so we can fix it and then offered us the possibiliy of a room for changing the next day after we checked out if we needed it before the airport. the next morning the new person was not helpful Room: gross. smelled like cigarettes, had a cigarette butt on floor, no top sheet, dirty

• 4th Mar 2015

Stayed at Ivory Palace hotel twice while t travelling the north of India. This is a beautiful hotel not too far from Delhi airport. Very clean and food was exceptional. The staff welcomed us as family and provided many nibbles and even free whiskey was flowing. Any thing u needed eg fresh towels, laundary washing, water etc u only have to ask and the staff are very polite and provide pretty much everything. All in all a wonderful stay and an amazing experience.Owner Arun was really helpful .

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Turkey
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Still my favourite hotel in Delhi and the best bed I have ever slept in in India, and I have been in india about 15 times during 17 years so I have tried a few. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are nice. They also have a great restaurant where you can sit . This time I got the fantastic room 305, it cost a bit more but it is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if you come to Delhi and India for the 1 time definitely stay here .

• 7th Feb 2015