The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

This facility should not be listed in HostelWorld. It is not a hostel. It is a cheap hotel. It's patronized by local Indians. Unlike other hostels, we met no travelers from Denmark, or the UK, Canada, France, etc. It's a hotel. HOSTELWORLD, please do not include hotels! You are a HOSTEL site, not a hotel site! I would not have stayed here if I had known it was a hotel. (HW fooled me on this score in Boston once, with a hotel in an awful location). The IP was ok, but would rather stay at hostel.

Great , intimate boutique hotel. The rooms are large and spacious, it is quite, and believe me that is almost impossible to achieve in India , but mostly the staff are wonderful They cannot do enough for you and they are friendly. The food was amazing. Arun you made our stay exceptional.Do not be put off by the location, the metro is nearby and you can access most of delay quickly and very cheaply. Don't stay in large, impersonal hotels, stay here, i

• 6th Apr 2015

Very nice hotel with best hospitality I ever experienced in 3 star category. I am a regular visitor in Delhi and have to stay 3-4 days in Delhi for business purpose. I will definitely stay again and again here and will recommend other travellers also.they are well maintaining the hotel. Food quality is excellent and tasty,rooms are nice and spacious.staff is very cooperative. I really appreciate their hospitality and services.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Definitely good value for money, located right in the middle of a typical street in Delhi, stepping into Ivory is like walking into another world. I was impressed with the staff courtesy and helpfulness. The ambience and interiors are pleasantly sober and very well maintained....there are not many such seriously clean and hygienic hotels in India! Conveniently located near most places of interest in Delhi, we were able to maximise touring and sight-seeing.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Location: a 5 minute easy walk to the metro, area is very busy with lots of clothing shops, food stands, restaurants, etc.l, not very touristy. Staff: the man who greeted us said tell us if anything is wrong so we can fix it and then offered us the possibiliy of a room for changing the next day after we checked out if we needed it before the airport. the next morning the new person was not helpful Room: gross. smelled like cigarettes, had a cigarette butt on floor, no top sheet, dirty

• 4th Mar 2015

Stayed at Ivory Palace hotel twice while t travelling the north of India. This is a beautiful hotel not too far from Delhi airport. Very clean and food was exceptional. The staff welcomed us as family and provided many nibbles and even free whiskey was flowing. Any thing u needed eg fresh towels, laundary washing, water etc u only have to ask and the staff are very polite and provide pretty much everything. All in all a wonderful stay and an amazing experience.Owner Arun was really helpful .

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Turkey
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Still my favourite hotel in Delhi and the best bed I have ever slept in in India, and I have been in india about 15 times during 17 years so I have tried a few. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are nice. They also have a great restaurant where you can sit . This time I got the fantastic room 305, it cost a bit more but it is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and if you come to Delhi and India for the 1 time definitely stay here .

• 7th Feb 2015

I really regret that I could not stay in this hotel longer that one night. Among all of the hotels I visited in India it was an extraordinary experienced.All of them were very friendly .The hostel is situated in a very convenient location .The room looked modern, was very spacious, clean and quite with comfortable bed (white bedsheets, pillows and towels). The quality of this hotel can compare to good European standard. If you planning to visit New Delhi please stay in this hostel as it worth.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

1) Booked room of three beds & there was one big bed & they said they would bring another small bed up later. No room for another bed though. 2) No water in the room after 10PM for remainder of stay. No hot, no cold. Were told it comes on at 06:00 which never happened. 3) My friends arrived & their passport was taken at the desk and the employee began to walk down the street with them. When my friend followed him and asked if he could have them back, employee initially held them away from him!

In simple word i will say "Excellent" ! Looking for a hotel in Delhi is not easy. The quality of human resources they have, are class and attentive. The entire staff is always very friendly and really make an effort to get to know you and what would make your stay the most comfortable. I just spent two nights and I really enjoyed the staying in such a big room, well furnished , so clean. Nice and decent breakfast spread. Good value for money, and will definitely visit again.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • India

Close to the Metro, that's the big Advantage, you have the City near to you. the rooms are spacious and the Food served 24 hours is not bad. it's good value for Money. but it's neither a hostel nor seem some of the staff to care about manners. but it's Delhi, you have not too many choices. Keep in mind that you wont find the perfect place there and you wont be disappointed. there is far worse out there. i enjoyed my stay.

Locaion is perfect, 2 mins from Metro station, clean, friendly staff, nice breakfast, free wi fi. What else in this price to be expected, and on the top I got free airport transfer which was a bonus.

• 17th Nov 2014

The room at Ivory Palace was ok and clean, location pretty good, close to the subway line. The room on the first floor had a very strong petrol smell. We were not satisfied with the staff. They tried to charge us more, not counting in the service fee already paid through hostelworld. They offered "free city transport" to a fake tourism office...When we declined to visit the staff was not that friendly toward us anymore. In short, I wouldnt recommend that place.