The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

Firstly, it's not a hostel. The staff are not friendly, they don't even have a map of the city, everything for them is commission based. They also make you pay for the parking if you use the 'free' airport pickup. The location is not the best, although it is only a few minutes from the metro station. Can take over 40minutes to the centre with an auto rickshaw. There was zero atmosphere when I stayed. Stay somewhere else, but after all it is India!

Room is very clean, but roof top and step to roof top was not clean. I get up early 7:00am for Yoga event, but nobody take care. Hot water was not hot about 33 degree.

Staff was very courteous and polite. But extremely loud during the night in the hallways and lobby. Facitilies were clean and accessible.

• 29th Dec 2013

Superb place for budget class travelers,amazing staff ,clean rooms and laundry too. very close from the metro station Centrally located in Delhi.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

I loved the fact they offer free airport pick up. Felt safe with this convenience. Basic room with weird shape, not good use of space. Very noisy, there was an wedding and it was like they were singing in my ear, you can hear every honk and shout from outside. Food service decent. Bathroom is not the cleanest but ok for the money, hot water takes time.

Staff were very polite and helpful with nice English. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room service food was excellent and great value. We had asked the hotel to provide some tour services, airport pickup, 5 day trip to Agra,jaipur etc. which were excellent value and provided with no problem. The drivers were polite and friendly and the vehicles comfortable and clean. The drivers found guides for us whenever one was needed. Great hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• 10th Dec 2013

Nice place, i'd love to stay more! And very good food, especially palak paneer.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Russia

The room service they provide is awesome and the staff super nice; the rooms are clean and neat despite some ugly furniture; it's one of the hostels with the best value for money that I stayed in India

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Austria

We read the reviews before booking this Hotel and were a bit skeptical that they could all be so great. But after spending 3 days at this amazing place, we assure you this is a must place to stay in New Delhi. People treated us like family. The rooms are beautiful and are a welcome retreat to the bustling of the city and as wonderful as the conversations with Arun and other people.Everyone who travels wants to come home with memories of Ivory Palace FORGET THE NEW DELHI HOTELS AND STAY HERE .

• 28th Nov 2013
  • India

Based on the price we paid, the hotel was great. The staff were incredibly friendly and will do anything for you. At first the location was nice , exploring the area we discovered we were right near tourist markets and near middle of Delhi. The rooms are nice and beds are comfortably, our room have a window too. This isn't some 5 star hotel with immaculate service and stunning ,But still enjoyed my stay and ask Mr.Arun for free seeshah (hookah) and also for a free drop to city center too.

• 30th Oct 2013

Following advice from friends we stayed here for our first four days in India and were very well looked after. The rooms are lovely, the food delicious and everyone very friendly and helpful. The excellent advice and guidance helped us to cope with the onslaught of Delhi. The hotel is near to centre but the metro is quite close and once the hotel had provided guide to get there on the first morning ,The staff was excellent ,nice rooms ,hot water ,free pick up and a free drop to city centre too.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

I would recommend this hostel, it was relatively clean, always had hot water, our AC worked really well. Free wifi and breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I have no complaints.

Firstly - this isn't a hostel. It is a cheap guesthouse which they call hostel to get people to book. The location is right in the heart of Karol Bagh which was great for me and I liked the area. The staff were ok very hit and miss. A free airport pick up was included but then we had to pay for parking which wasn't stated. . We were also taken to a notorious travel agent to get a 'free map'. It's all commission based for them and didn't help us when we asked for information - dissapointing.

India has been incredible

I really enjoyed my stay there after having been in another hotel before this place was a dream by comparison. The room was clean, neat and the service was friendly. The location is ideal as it is close to the metro as well as most of the sights to be seen. I can really recommend this place for the budget traveller.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

This is not a hostel, it`s a hotel. I haven`t had a good feeling in this hotel. The staff always try to rip you off: They take a very bad exchange rate; They say that they don`t have change and that they give you the change later, but you never get change-money back. I was also asking 4-times for toilet-paper and I still haven`t got one. But the worst thing is that they try to organize a meeting with people from tourist agencies and hope that you make bookings at this tourist agencies.

• 16th Sep 2013

The usual poorly managed hotel in northern India. Staff is medium friendly and everything just about works. Well, with some exception. After entering the room a staff member was kind enough to turn on the tv for us. This left us with a screen showing that there is no reception. Some guy had to come and fix the cable. As usual there was no difference between the hot and the cold water - both cold. But appart from that and that be had to desperately ask for the Lenin and towels we had a good sleep

The Ivory Hostel has extremely welcoming staff; the food is fantastic and the location couldn't be better. Slightly removed from central Delhi, but close to the metro, I really could not fault the location. The value for money is also the best that I had in India.

• 15th Aug 2013

The first thing you realize about Ivory when you walk into the place is how completely soothing to the senses it is as compared to the madness right outside its door. It is completely unexpected in the middle of the one of the busiest streets around Karol bagh and entering Ivory immediately transports you to a homely retreat. With a beautiful white and Blue decor, , it's easy to relax here. The rooms themselves are adorable,Owner Arun was excellent in all conditions.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • India

Stayed in the Namaskar India for a couple of days and we were well received by the nice staff! Nice rooms, good food, and everything worked! The staff also helped organise sight-seeing transport for a reasonable price. The Namaskar India is located next to the Karol Bagh metro station which really comes in handy! I can only recommend staying here :)

• 2nd Aug 2013