The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

Following advice from friends we stayed here for our first four days in India and were very well looked after. The rooms are lovely, the food delicious and everyone very friendly and helpful. The excellent advice and guidance helped us to cope with the onslaught of Delhi. The hotel is near to centre but the metro is quite close and once the hotel had provided guide to get there on the first morning ,The staff was excellent ,nice rooms ,hot water ,free pick up and a free drop to city centre too.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • US Virgin Islands

I would recommend this hostel, it was relatively clean, always had hot water, our AC worked really well. Free wifi and breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I have no complaints.

Firstly - this isn't a hostel. It is a cheap guesthouse which they call hostel to get people to book. The location is right in the heart of Karol Bagh which was great for me and I liked the area. The staff were ok very hit and miss. A free airport pick up was included but then we had to pay for parking which wasn't stated. . We were also taken to a notorious travel agent to get a 'free map'. It's all commission based for them and didn't help us when we asked for information - dissapointing.

India has been incredible

I really enjoyed my stay there after having been in another hotel before this place was a dream by comparison. The room was clean, neat and the service was friendly. The location is ideal as it is close to the metro as well as most of the sights to be seen. I can really recommend this place for the budget traveller.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

This is not a hostel, it`s a hotel. I haven`t had a good feeling in this hotel. The staff always try to rip you off: They take a very bad exchange rate; They say that they don`t have change and that they give you the change later, but you never get change-money back. I was also asking 4-times for toilet-paper and I still haven`t got one. But the worst thing is that they try to organize a meeting with people from tourist agencies and hope that you make bookings at this tourist agencies.

• 16th Sep 2013

The usual poorly managed hotel in northern India. Staff is medium friendly and everything just about works. Well, with some exception. After entering the room a staff member was kind enough to turn on the tv for us. This left us with a screen showing that there is no reception. Some guy had to come and fix the cable. As usual there was no difference between the hot and the cold water - both cold. But appart from that and that be had to desperately ask for the Lenin and towels we had a good sleep

The Ivory Hostel has extremely welcoming staff; the food is fantastic and the location couldn't be better. Slightly removed from central Delhi, but close to the metro, I really could not fault the location. The value for money is also the best that I had in India.

• 15th Aug 2013

The first thing you realize about Ivory when you walk into the place is how completely soothing to the senses it is as compared to the madness right outside its door. It is completely unexpected in the middle of the one of the busiest streets around Karol bagh and entering Ivory immediately transports you to a homely retreat. With a beautiful white and Blue decor, , it's easy to relax here. The rooms themselves are adorable,Owner Arun was excellent in all conditions.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • India

Stayed in the Namaskar India for a couple of days and we were well received by the nice staff! Nice rooms, good food, and everything worked! The staff also helped organise sight-seeing transport for a reasonable price. The Namaskar India is located next to the Karol Bagh metro station which really comes in handy! I can only recommend staying here :)

• 2nd Aug 2013

A great oasis in Delhi. The beds are the comfiest I've slept on in India and possibly ever!! The free filtered water and wifi are wonderful and we even had a roof top restaurant We opted for a room which was actually quite big. The staff were very attentive and lovely. Near to metro station,market and nice food joint's.Airport pick-up work well as we arrive 3 in the morning ,Free drop to city centre was a bonus for us as we were new to this country,Highly recommended to budget class travellers

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Indonesia

Clean cozy rooms,comfortable beds,good aircon, tv with many channels,good hot shower,clean bathroom,friendly staff,free Internet,...well I guess that's enough we want from small budget hotel and that's what we got at IVORY HOSTEL.located on the main road in nice quite area within walking distance to main markets,shops ,restaurants,few minutes drive to city center.highly recommended.Can bet Ivory Palace stands way up compared to other budget hotel in Delhi.

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • Austria

We booked this hotel based on the reviews on hostel world and it certainly lived up to our expectations. Very friendly staff, they delivered on any request we had. Pick up and drop off service from the airport were excellent with good drivers and we had a good time just walking and looking at everything. We also had lunch and it was good and the food was excellent. Free drop to the city centre was a plus point as new to New Delhi.

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Norway

Horrible experience. First of all, the staff was never friendly, with bad attitude. Never helpful about traveling in Delhi, if I wanted information the only sent me to their very expensive travel agent. All the computers were broken and not working at the hostel. The toilet would never flush, also no hot water. Air conditioner always off and had to beg for then to turn on the fuse everyday.Dirty room with lots of different kinds of bugs. Unless you are a one night traveler, do not stay here

Pleasent stay nice room good ac staff was good highly recommended to backpackers who are coming to India

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Norway

1) This is not a HOSTEL it is a budget HOTEL, so no common areas to meet and talk with other travelers, no excursion recommendations etc. 2) No pick-up when arriving from Kathmandu, although the Air India flights land at the same terminal 3) BED BUGS 4) Very loud and sometimes not working AC 5) Lying staff to keep you eating in the hotel - very average hotel food, got a Delhi belly from the food 6) Free city drop off to the city is organized by a travel agency - NO official tourist office

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Switzerland

cool people

• 26th May 2013
  • India

This is a terrific little hotel. Was picked up from the airport which was very helpful. Hotel staff go out of their way to ensure all your needs are met. Arun gave us a lovely welcome which was great after the chaos for Delhi driving. Restaurant on roof top is fine, and the food the hospitality is so very good and considerate. Cant fault this hotel, nicely furnished, Helpful staff,clean linen near to con naught place and also they will drop you free to connaught place when u want extra ordniary

• 22nd Feb 2013
  • Cyprus

Stayed in ta Delux single private room (huge - more than I expected) * overcharged for first night * Airport transfer never arrived - was reimbursed for a taxi * the food was basic but nice. * asked for directions to the train station and receptionist said their driver would take me. I ended up at a travel agents, of which they stiffed me for half my travel that they never arranged, leaving me arriving in Leh at 10pm with no accommodation and no forward travel.

Hostel is pretty bare, as it is actually a budget hotel. But the room is functional and good value for the money. The staff may try to pressure you to take their car places but the metro and tuk-tuks (auto rickshaws) are a better alternative. You are a short distance from the Karol Bagh metro stop and Channi Market.