The Ivory Hostel Reviews

14A/27,Channa Market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, India

The room at Ivory Palace was ok and clean, location pretty good, close to the subway line. The room on the first floor had a very strong petrol smell. We were not satisfied with the staff. They tried to charge us more, not counting in the service fee already paid through hostelworld. They offered "free city transport" to a fake tourism office...When we declined to visit the staff was not that friendly toward us anymore. In short, I wouldnt recommend that place.

Ivory Palace in New Delhi had fantastic service & the best of Indian food!! The staff here go far above & beyond the service you would expect from a hotel. They also organised a car with a driver for us & he to went above what is expected. If we are ever back in New Delhi we would stay there again & wouldn't even consider anywhere else!! I can't sing their praises high enough!! Great service, great food & great price!!

Each year I backpack a different country for a month and I typically book the first night "in country" before I leave . A friend of mine recommended the Ivory Palace to me. What a treat! When I arrived they had a driver meet me at the airport. When I arrived at the hotel, each member of the staff welcomed me personally. I was given a cup of tea . I was really feeling at home. The room was spacious and clean, large bathroom,Near to metro and city center HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ANY ONE

Unfortunately this is my first negative review. In short- the men at reception never spoke a word to me, only spoke in Hindi and stared at me in a group, we were completely overcharged and disrespected by the man behind the counter, they say you have "breakfast included" but it is cold toast and butter served by an angry man. The Location is nowhere near the main center of Delhi, and the hotel had no atmosphere and no one was there. There are plenty of better places to stay.

Very good value for the money. Close to markets and Delhi Metro. We were surprised how good Delhi Metro was. Convenient connection to the center of the city as well as some sightseeing like Quitab Minar. Arun, the manager is a very nice guy. He will try to accommodate for your plans, travel arrangements, etc. We felt safe in the hotel. It's cheap hotel, so don't expect luxury, but for the money it's very good choice. AC was working, no bugs, warm shower. Free transportation from the airport.

This hotel is really fantastic,best rooms with all modern facilities in town the food is excellent and most important feature is that staff is really very friendly and efficient, I always stay in this hotel because of its location and neat and clean environment, Each and every staff right from top management to lower cadre they are extremely warm , friendly and co-operative always ready to help you ,I will recommend this hotel for all travelers

• 11th May 2014

One of the best property to stay for short period of time with reasonable price start with ambience good to see that value for money stayed there for two days but the comfortableness of the place is awesome ,and the staff dealing is very friendly never felt that we are out of home....... All the facilities were excellent whether the interior of rooms or the courtesy of staff members, everything was awesome. I would totally recommend it,

Nice staying Good location - main road on Karol Bagh and close to metro station,Service and staff was very helpfulFood was delicious, I was given my favourite dish which cook prepared especially for my request - it was delicious "Palak Panir"Rooms were clean and tidy - do not forget to leave your key at the front desk, so they cleaned your room.I recomend this hotel for group and single staying.

Ivory Palace was the first hotel we stayed in India after a long 16 hour flight and right away all my anxiety was removed. We were greeted with warm welcomes, complimentary beverages, and told to make ourselves at home in the cozy common room while we were checked in. A great way to begin our adventure! I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about this place. It is a great, reasonably priced hotel that treats you right. The rooms were spotless, the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

shower didn't work at all. isn't a hostel - is a hotel.

The hotel staff gave me excellent hospitality and made me feel at home though it was my first visit to the hotel. They were very punctual in their service. They were very prompt in attending even midnight service calls. I was very much delighted by their service and approach. Many thanks to entire hotel team. I strongly recommend this hotel for all the visitors.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • India

I was happy overall with this hotel although there are a lot of options for hotels so I would choose a different one next time.

Firstly, it's not a hostel. The staff are not friendly, they don't even have a map of the city, everything for them is commission based. They also make you pay for the parking if you use the 'free' airport pickup. The location is not the best, although it is only a few minutes from the metro station. Can take over 40minutes to the centre with an auto rickshaw. There was zero atmosphere when I stayed. Stay somewhere else, but after all it is India!

Room is very clean, but roof top and step to roof top was not clean. I get up early 7:00am for Yoga event, but nobody take care. Hot water was not hot about 33 degree.

Staff was very courteous and polite. But extremely loud during the night in the hallways and lobby. Facitilies were clean and accessible.

• 29th Dec 2013

Superb place for budget class travelers,amazing staff ,clean rooms and laundry too. very close from the metro station Centrally located in Delhi.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

I loved the fact they offer free airport pick up. Felt safe with this convenience. Basic room with weird shape, not good use of space. Very noisy, there was an wedding and it was like they were singing in my ear, you can hear every honk and shout from outside. Food service decent. Bathroom is not the cleanest but ok for the money, hot water takes time.

Staff were very polite and helpful with nice English. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room service food was excellent and great value. We had asked the hotel to provide some tour services, airport pickup, 5 day trip to Agra,jaipur etc. which were excellent value and provided with no problem. The drivers were polite and friendly and the vehicles comfortable and clean. The drivers found guides for us whenever one was needed. Great hotel and would stay again without hesitation.

• 10th Dec 2013

Nice place, i'd love to stay more! And very good food, especially palak paneer.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Russia

The room service they provide is awesome and the staff super nice; the rooms are clean and neat despite some ugly furniture; it's one of the hostels with the best value for money that I stayed in India

• 1st Dec 2013