The Jack Backpackers Reviews

Corner Sherdian and Spence Streets, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Overall not a bad hostel. There is a nice balcony area and the free evening meals in the bar next door are pretty nice. The kitchen is small and you have to hire plates and cutlery etc. About a 10/15 minute walk to the lagoon and not far from a woolworths supermarket. Mainly full of travellers staying for a while to work but there is a good party atmosphere. Nice TV area and you can hire dvds.

• 8th Apr 2014

Good hostel, walking distance to shops and lagoon. Only downside is the loud music especially on weekends. Bring earplugs if you stay in. Free dinner was pretty marginal but still free

Excellent place to stay! Close to everything, has good night life and around the corner from Gilligans night life too. So best of both worlds! Nice staff, very clean room, good facilities.

Megan on reception made our trip, she is so funny and knows everything about cairns and helped us book all our trips. Only thing I would say is they need more seats in the tv area but apparently they are in the process of doing this. Fab hostel met so many great people would definately stay again!

The free meals were great! The staff is soooo friendly and helpful - best staff ever!! The rooms were all a bit smelly and showers and toilets are all unisex. Nevertheless, it was cosy. I really enjoyed staying there!

This is one of the best hostels i stayed in Australia. Free Dinner is small but for 3 dollars you get another plate. Still amazing value. WIFI always worked well.

Nice hostel, very friendly staff, free dinner the only problem was VERY loud music at night coming from the bar (not every night though) so if someone is a light sleeper this hostel wouldn't be ideal, other than that totally recommended.

Had a great time! Free evening meals are such a bonus and staff were so helpful!! Thanks to Megan who was super helpful!!!

I had a great time at the Jack and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling through Cairns!

Great hostel, cheap private rooms, good location. A free meal every night is great! You get a lot for the cheap price. I would come back.

Really enjoyed our stay! Loved the free dinner - compliment to the chef Shepherds pie was awesome! Staff really friendly and helpful! Would stay there again for sure.

Reception, Jennifer is super friendly and advise us to make tours of Cairns at great price! Free dinner is also great offer! Thank you!

The Jack is a really nice place and the free diner every night is pretty good! The staff is also very helpful and kitchen is clean as well.

We had a brilliant stay at this hostel. Great value for money - free dinner every night and free wifi a bonus! We liked it here so much that we extended our stay. It's above a bar so can get noisy (which wasn't a problem for us) but bear it in mind of you like peace and quiet at night. Would definitely return.

The Jack is a great hostel! I met some nice people there and the staff are awesome, there all ways happy and very helpful. Ill definitely be staying there if I find myself in Cairns again!

• 17th Feb 2014

Very good hostel, highly recommended! Clean, nice staff, fridge and air con in each room. Kitchen and bathrooms are a bit minimal, but always clean. During the weekend u have to bear a bit of noise from the pub, but only 'til midnight - 1am For the price you pay, it's SUPER!!!! ...and you also have discount on beverages, free lunch and dinner and free wifi.... One of my favourite hostels ever!

Great location, so close to whatever you need. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall the hostel wasvery clean, no bed bugs or anything like that. A little loud at night but considering there is a bar downstairs is was expected. Would definitely stay again.

• 13th Feb 2014

The dinner choice was not great and the air conditioning machine in room was broken and would not turn off resulting in no sleep for the first night

There was a free meal and it was way better than I expected.

I had a fantastic stay at the Jack Backpackers in Cairns. I was in an 8 bedroom dorm and it was fantastic. It was the cheapest place I had stayed and probably the best!! The room was a really decent size so it didn't feel like you were sharing with 7 other people and all the facilities were fab. The food which was included was fantastic and the live music at the weekend was great and only just downstairs!! Reception staff were also lovely and friendly, I had a great time. THANK YOU :)

• 7th Feb 2014