The Jack Backpackers Reviews

Corner Sherdian and Spence Streets, Cairns, Australia

The free food was great, the rooms were tidy and big

Great location, friendly staff. Evening meals were quite good and noise levels not too bad. Would definitely recommend

The room smelled like dirty feet when I walked in. Some type of air freshener or kther remedy would be great to help the appeal of the hostel.

• 5th Jan 2016

The food portion for the free dinner was far too small, although you can upgrade for just $4, this defeats the point of dinner being included. I ended buying dinner later because I was starving. The rooms are ok but dont have windows sp het a bit stuffy, especially in an eight bed dorm. The entry is through the bar which was always empty so a weird atmosphere and the whole hostel had a slightly weird vibe. The staff were friendly though and the people in the hostel really nice.

Related to facilities we couldn't cook very well and we didn't find the right place to put the wet clothes.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Room is dirty, too noisy. Suited for people who like pub, night live and drinking.

I've stayed here on two different occasions and Can strongly recommend this hostel. The first time me and my friend stayed in the 8 bed dorm, and it was really nice. Nice people, clean room and good facilities. The free dinner is also really good. The second time me and my boyfriend shared a double room, this was also clean and nice, we had our own fridge, and the free dinner was still very good. The value for your money you get for the double room is really good!! But also in the dorms.

Hostel was alright. Didn't really like the atmosphere from the place. The rooms and hostel itself were in two different buildings & the receptionist was pretty rude at first. Ricky who worked there was great though & a free meal at night was pretty good. Along with having a few things on at nights that you could do if wanted.

Good location, free wifi and a free meal! Best value for for money in cairns

Awesome fre nightly dinner.

Great location a few streets from the lagoon. I read a lot of complaints about noise from the bar below,but we barely heard a thing at night,and we were right above. If there was a rating for the A/C, it would be 5*. Excellent when coming in from hot days out.

Brilliant hostel to stay at. It was our first time in Cairns and we had an amazing time. The location of the hostel was ideal, the staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were just want any traveling person would need. I would recommend this hostel to friends and satay there again myself if ever in cairns. Complete valve for money!!!

• 28th Nov 2015

I'll recommend the stay to other people

The hostel was very clean, the cleaning staff and Harriet do an incredible job. The staff was very nice and personable especially Rick and Miriram. I was a little annoyed by the live music venue that is attached to the hostel. It makes it difficult to sleep at times, but the hostel does a good job setting up games and activities for guest. I would come back.

the matress can be better

Really good location. Helpful and friendly staff. Free wifi. Friendly people :)

I had a very pleasant stay here. The hostel is a bit crowded at times but I never had to wait for showers, etc. Every dorm has a fridge and the included dinner is a simple but fair meal. The staff are very nice and helpful as well. Would stay here again.

This was an OK place to stay, but there are much nicer in Cairns. The atmosphere is 'meh' and it's not the greatest location. I recommend Nomads on Esplanade, which has slightly cheaper double rooms as well and is right on the water.

The Hostel is located in the centre of Cairns and directly beside the market. Two streets away is the next Woolworths. Its cleanliness is what you expect from a hostel. The dorms were a bit small espacially for backpackers with their stuff. The stuff at the reception and the bar downstairs was always friendly and helpful, most of the times funny too. It has a huge balcony outside which is pretty nice. The things that were mentioned in the internet were all available.

The hostel was clean most of the time. A really friendly staff. Toilets and Showers are clean. The air conditioner worked but at some time start produce so much noise, but in general I had a good time. The living room is good with a big screen, but should have a second place to watch TV (so many people only for 1 TV. The installation of a small TV in the bedroom to two beds , it would be a great idea. My only complaint relates to the carpet, smelling old or moldy .

• 7th Oct 2015