The Jane Reviews

113 Jane Street, New York, USA

very interesting hotel with character. The toilets were spotlessly clean. However, my room had bedbugs and there was blood all over the mattress protector - possibly where other residents had been bitten. The hotel had its own heat treatment system though for the bed bugs and they moved me promptly.

Thumbs up! Just perfect for single travelers coming to nice but pricy NYC.

The hotel was very clean and nicely situated in the West Village very close to the High Line. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at The Jane again.

• 31st Jul 2014

Bedbugs. I brought the evidence to the front desk and they refused to admit they had a problem, claiming "it was too smashed up to tell what it was". It was a bedbug (from rm 534) that i picked up and it instantly crushed because it was full of blood. Disgusting and a horrible experience. They immediately refunded my money, although they refused to admit that they have a problem. I should have done my homework - their bedbug problem is well documented online. Learn from my mistake.

• 27th Jul 2014

The Jane had everything that a traveler could need: a bed, a towel, ac, bathrooms and showers. Some bonuses include wifi and television. The room and bathrooms were very clean. Once I figured out the ac actually worked, I slept comfortably through the night. Location is great for the scenic aspect and quiet residential atmosphere. I enjoyed the quick walk, less than 10 minutes to the nearest subway station on 14th and 8th. I would definitely stay here again!

• 9th Jul 2014

To be honest I didn't expect much from the place given the great price being on Manhattan but it turned out to be fantastic. I knew the room was small but they use the space very well, the room even had an iphone5 dock charger which the Marriott didn't even have (stayed here before riding my works dime). The staff was extremely friendly and the ballroom on the main floor had a fantastic party atmosphere going on when I came back. I'd highly recommend this place, thanks much if you read these!

It is really nice place the room is small but very comfortable , the staff is kind , the area is great lot of bars , restaurant, stores , But it is better going with someone else it is not so easy meet people if u are travelling alone.

The design and the stuff is just amazing , and the location is quite good for me, and not so expensive!

View all New York Bed and Breakfasts