The Jane Reviews

113 Jane Street, New York, USA

very interesting hotel with character. The toilets were spotlessly clean. However, my room had bedbugs and there was blood all over the mattress protector - possibly where other residents had been bitten. The hotel had its own heat treatment system though for the bed bugs and they moved me promptly.

Thumbs up! Just perfect for single travelers coming to nice but pricy NYC.

The hotel was very clean and nicely situated in the West Village very close to the High Line. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at The Jane again.

• 31st Jul 2014

Bedbugs. I brought the evidence to the front desk and they refused to admit they had a problem, claiming "it was too smashed up to tell what it was". It was a bedbug (from rm 534) that i picked up and it instantly crushed because it was full of blood. Disgusting and a horrible experience. They immediately refunded my money, although they refused to admit that they have a problem. I should have done my homework - their bedbug problem is well documented online. Learn from my mistake.

• 27th Jul 2014

The Jane had everything that a traveler could need: a bed, a towel, ac, bathrooms and showers. Some bonuses include wifi and television. The room and bathrooms were very clean. Once I figured out the ac actually worked, I slept comfortably through the night. Location is great for the scenic aspect and quiet residential atmosphere. I enjoyed the quick walk, less than 10 minutes to the nearest subway station on 14th and 8th. I would definitely stay here again!

• 9th Jul 2014

To be honest I didn't expect much from the place given the great price being on Manhattan but it turned out to be fantastic. I knew the room was small but they use the space very well, the room even had an iphone5 dock charger which the Marriott didn't even have (stayed here before riding my works dime). The staff was extremely friendly and the ballroom on the main floor had a fantastic party atmosphere going on when I came back. I'd highly recommend this place, thanks much if you read these!

It is really nice place the room is small but very comfortable , the staff is kind , the area is great lot of bars , restaurant, stores , But it is better going with someone else it is not so easy meet people if u are travelling alone.

The design and the stuff is just amazing , and the location is quite good for me, and not so expensive!

I'm so glad I found the Jane. Yes, the rooms are tiny, and it is not the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, but who comes to NYC to sleep? The location, ambience, facilities, and service are all spot on. If you're on a budget but still enjoy the finer things in life - book this hotel.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The Jane is a really quirky hotel with wonderful vibes and atmosphere you feel you have been transported to a film set Maybe Wes Craven got his inspiration for The Grand Budapest Hotel from The Jane.It will certainly be my home from home when I am in New York..The Standard rooms are pretty small but very well designed .You really feel as if you are in a cabin on a boat or train but heading to a very exotic destination !!!

• 9th Jun 2014

I fouind The Jane to have excellent character, great staff service and fantastic facilities (bar, cute cafe, rooftop bar etc) and all on a budget. Well worth the money if youwant somewhere to put your head that's much more than a hostel. Budget, boutique accommodation at it's finest!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great atmosphere, nice but small room.

A beautiful place to stay, however short or long. Fantastic location. I'll definitely be back.

Th Jane is the most interesting hotel I have ever been in the past few years.

My stay was great - the location is great, the rooms and shower facilities were very clean, nice atmosphere in the hotel and the area. Would definitely recommend your hotel!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Lithuania

I was travelling alone. This place was perfect for me for a week. Go here if you are going to spend most of your time outside, and don't mind a small room.

I have stayed in some small, confined spaces but this tops my list. It is the size of a walk-in closet so I would not recommend anyone with claustrophobia to stay there. The shared bathrooms got messy quickly. It's on the cheap end of what you can get for Manhattan but for the size of the room, it's not worth it. Get yourself a 'mystery' deal on Expedia which worked out great for me after The Jane. The 15 minute walk to the Metro gets old fast. However, the staff were nice.

• 17th Oct 2013

An institution of enormous personality but little comfort. Smallest rooms imaginable ( smaller than a modest third-world train cabin) in a legitimate hotel with insufficient shared toilet and shower facilities. Great for a spirited adventure but not for a relaxed experience.

• 15th Oct 2013

I think it is one of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed at! Strooongly recommend. I loved everything about this place. Free bike hire- cherry on top of the cake. The rooms are small but no one hides that information and this is why the place has its character.

Really nice and unique hotel. The free bike rental is really great and makes getting around Manhattan easy. I will definitely stay there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3