The Jane Reviews

113 Jane Street, New York, New York, USA

My stay was great - the location is great, the rooms and shower facilities were very clean, nice atmosphere in the hotel and the area. Would definitely recommend your hotel!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Lithuania

I was travelling alone. This place was perfect for me for a week. Go here if you are going to spend most of your time outside, and don't mind a small room.

I have stayed in some small, confined spaces but this tops my list. It is the size of a walk-in closet so I would not recommend anyone with claustrophobia to stay there. The shared bathrooms got messy quickly. It's on the cheap end of what you can get for Manhattan but for the size of the room, it's not worth it. Get yourself a 'mystery' deal on Expedia which worked out great for me after The Jane. The 15 minute walk to the Metro gets old fast. However, the staff were nice.

• 17th Oct 2013

An institution of enormous personality but little comfort. Smallest rooms imaginable ( smaller than a modest third-world train cabin) in a legitimate hotel with insufficient shared toilet and shower facilities. Great for a spirited adventure but not for a relaxed experience.

• 15th Oct 2013

I think it is one of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed at! Strooongly recommend. I loved everything about this place. Free bike hire- cherry on top of the cake. The rooms are small but no one hides that information and this is why the place has its character.

Really nice and unique hotel. The free bike rental is really great and makes getting around Manhattan easy. I will definitely stay there again!

New York is expensive - overpriced really. Thanks to The Jane for being an affordable alternative. Sure you have to make some compromises but the location was handy, the building was generally quiet, and although the room was very small it was comfortable. I don't know many people who book a room somewhere to just stay in the room the whole time! Great showers - better than my shower at home!

• 19th Sep 2013

There is only one shower for the whole level of rooms.

• 30th Aug 2013

Really great impression when you enter the lobby. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room and bathrooms were nice and clean. Only real negative was that there was only one elevator in the building which was slow. After a day of walking, last thing you want to do is take the stairs (especially if you're on the higher floor). Loved the free bike rental as the hudson river is just across the street which made it convenient to explore riverside.

Great accommodations for an affordable price. The hotel has a very cozy atmosphere, and feels luxurious even with shared bathrooms. The nearest subway station is a bit further away than one would wish if travelling with a lot of luggage, and I wouldn't recommend it for tall persons, as the beds are fairly short, but other than that, I loved The Jane and would definitely recommend it.

I stayed at The Jane from June 22nd-29th as a solo traveller. I loved it! The staff were so helpful as soon as I arrived and the atmosphere of the hotel is amazing. The neighborhood is great too, the subway is very handy and I watched some gorgeous sunsets over the river, which is just across the road from the hotel. The room is small but it was perfect for my needs and I was sad to leave at the end of the week. Thanks for a great start to my US trip!

• 22nd Jun 2013

Loved it here, great character, great service, fantastic location. Would reccomend to everyone!

Tiny rooms. Yet I loved it. Location is awesome. Very recommended.

VERY WELL IN GENERAL, BUT HAD ODOR

Everything ok, except for the aroma at bedroom (stinky foot of the previous guest) - there is an issue with ventilation in corridors and rooms.

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Chile

Not knowing the reputation of the Jane before I arrived when I checked in and was lead upstairs together with a big group of tall women who were having a party in the elevator and were jumping and shouting "Elevator party!". I learned afterwards that was because the Jane ballroom was also on the same floor where my room was. I didn't hear however any noise and that was not disturbing for my stay. I think overall the Jane was excellent and the staff were really helpful.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Bulgaria

The staff is friendly and they are doing a good job and the hotel is comfortable. The stay at Jane is not a problem as long as you know beforehand about the size of the rooms. :) Thank you for the cleaning personell to keeping an eye of the bathrooms all the time. Lovely views from the bathroom! A hotel like Jane doesn't have a good soundproofing, which was expected. :( Apparently there was some kind of a restaurant on the top, this was never advertised to the hotel guests. I find that weird!

• 9th Jun 2013
  • Finland

thers's no chair un room. The rest is good!

• 8th Jun 2013
  • China

Tiny rooms, quite expensive and a 15 minutes walk to the next subway station. Free WLAN is great though. And the staff was friendly and very helpful.

The place looks really neat and the staff are friendly. As for the room, it didn't bother me that it was so tiny and the safe was a good thing to have. However, the room was extremely hot and didn't block out any noise from neighboring rooms. My only serious complaint was that there were not enough sinks/showers on the 6th floor where I stayed. Otherwise, I would recommend this place for someone traveling in alone.

• 5th Jun 2013