Fabulous 169 Total Reviews
Fabulous 169 Total Reviews
The Judy House Located at Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril.
Jamaica
Negril Negril, Jamaica Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland
86% 169
18.2732866 -78.3561658
    Rooms available

8th Jun 2016
7.7

Very cute hostel as its a garden. The dorms are nice aswell. I would of liked that they would have an actual locker in the dorm, they only had a small safe to put smaller valuables. Bigger lockers that locks with your own locker is a must for me. It is more in the country side so not close to the road, I wouldnt walk in that street alone at night haha. It is not far from the local bus station. I had trouble understanding some of the staff but they were very nice and kind.

1st Jun 2016
7.7

It's a beautiful place and garden but unfortunately the owner was not there and the younger woman receptionist was on the phone most of the times and every time I needed sometjhing I had to wait for 10-15 for her, also 1 night there was no staff on site to check-in the new guests and they had to stay outside all night, I am sure if the owner was there it would have been better. Also the rooms are made of metal units and was boiling hot. They should be clear about the tax and not extra tax.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Judy House and for your 'beautiful' description of it, you thought the construction weird. The taxes (not extra tax), which seemed to be your main concern are clearly stated on my Judy House Hostelworld page. I re-confirmed them you in writing after my Senior Housekeeper reported to me that you were refusing pay the taxes and she could not collect any payment from you for your room 2 days after arrival. To ensure some payment was collected from you I instructed her to collect your room payment without the taxes. You then booked another night and paid the taxes without argument at all for that 4th night? My 'young' 36 year old housekeeper would not have credit on her 'pay as you go' phone to be 'talking all the time for 10-15 mins'. The guest manual in your room is there to answer lots of your questions, which is not her job normally. There is also free internet where you can research questions/answers 24/7's. My Hostel rooms are constructed out of local products zinc and wood, painted, neatly furnished, clean and tidy with fans and mosquito nets. They are designed for travellers who need somewhere to sleep and store their belongings safely. They are cool at night and not designed for daytime living. The situation you described as 'no staff on site' for new guests was normal between the office closing, when all booked guest are checked in, and night security coming on duty. The guests you describe were 'walk ins', people not booked in which I do not pay staff to wait around for. They were certainly were not 'outside all night' as you report. If the "owner had been there" it would not have been any different as my staff followed correct procedure. I would, however, ensured that you paid in full. You left owing us 3 nights taxes which I should like to be paid for immediately. I will be sending you a Paypal invoice to help you do this.

3rd May 2016

An amazing place, with nice and helpful staff people and a great atmosphere!!!!! Please keep it in this way!!!!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Was a great option for my girlfriend and I. Negril is very expensive and this is the best value for money. It's about a 15 min walk to the good beach but there are plenty of food options and supermarkets close by. The hostel is next to a farm type thing so you will hear a bit of noise from 6am onward. Loved our stay here and would return. Thank you to sue and marquel. Chris and Nicole

13th Mar 2016
7.1

Judy house is a nice garden environment, lots of biodiversity. The place itself is a long walk up the road, so to access anything is at least a half mile walk. It's a wonderful place, you sleep in hammocks, which are comfortable enough, and also the chillest security guard in the world, Martel. If you want good location, stay at some resort on the 7 mile beach, although I doubt you'll find one for $8 a night.

Many thanks for your interested review, pity you did not score the location so high. Only 10 mins walk up the road, maybe 15 and 10 mins down? Pretty and Country is just what we are, enabling guests to enjoy the real Jamaica, whilst being just off the road from the main and within walking distance of many things. Lots of interesting locals to meet when walking too. Glad you enjoyed our 'chilled security guard and I agree he the best ever! I love my garden too, it was here first, and think my place, the Judy House Cottages and Backpacker Hostel is wonderful. Hope to see you back here one day. One Love!

16th Feb 2016

Judy House is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It is perfectly located in safe neighborhood not too far from the beach, restaurants and bars. People working there are super nice and helpful. It is ideal place for meeting new people and socializing. I will definitely come back to this property.

Love your review, thanks so much for taking the time. Customer service is what we work at all the time to help all out guests have the best time at the Judy House, Negril and Jamaica! One Love xx

• Spain, All Female Group, 25-30
15th Feb 2016
8.0

We booked two beds in a 5bed dorm that ended up being hammocks to sleep outdoors. Thank god they had an individual room and we could at least share it. In hostelworld it said beds, not hammacks and we werent the only ones with the same confusion. Also, there is a little farm right next to the hostel - which is great- but be ready to wake up with the rooster and chickens around 5am. Place is cute and a nice walk to the beach. Friendly stuff !!

Many thanks for taking the time to review us. Sorry if you were confused, if you scroll down to the info in hostelworld it says it is hammocks. HW has no drop down box that says Hammocks so they always put 'bed' instead of 'Hammock'. This is why we explain it in the info. We also send out a confirmation to all guests repeating what they booked, just in case they did not read all the site information. We have complained to Hostelworld many times about the confusion (and sometimes conflict) that their site short description causes. Please feel free to complain to them too, I would love that! Glad you enjoyed your stay anyway and loved the farm next door. One Love .. Sue

13th Feb 2016

Best part of this hostel is the people you meet in spacious outdoor common areas

Yes over 900 people came to Judy House Cottages and Backpacker Hostel last year from 49 countries. A brilliant way to meet and socialize with people from all over the world. So glad you enjoyed the experience and many thanks for taking the time to write your review. One Love

13th Feb 2016
5.1

Power to plug things in. Could hear other people using the washroom in my room like if there were in my room

Thanks for your review and taking the time to write it. There is lots of power to plug things in at the communal charging area or the office. Hostels are not the place for everyone. Our cottages are much more peaceful, perhaps you would like to try them next time. One Love !

• Sweden, Couple, 41+
12th Feb 2016
6.6

Bra med sopsortering men behållarna blev fulla och behöver därför tömmas oftare. Den enda rökfria platsen accepterades tyvärr dåligt av rökarna. Vi avbokar två extranätter i god tid (36 timmar) Personal bedyrar att det är ok men ägarinnan kräver betalning för den ena med hänvisning till att hennes personal inte har befogenheten att ta emot avbokningen. Tråkig avslutning på en annars mycket trevlig vistelse

du skulle betala senare och din inte. Rummet kunde ha bokats men vi höll det för dig . Jag förklarade att normalt extra nätter betalas i förskott. Vi kunde ha bokat nätterna du begärde också några andra , men i stället vi höll dem för dig . Jag trodde att vi hade nått en överenskommelse om att en av de två bör betalas och förvånad över att se dig klaga i din recension .