The Judy House

8.4
Fabulous 203 Total Reviews

31st Jan 2017
6.6

Good for 2 nights. Overall satisfied. Can be better, but it's about administration. Good vibes!!!

• Germany, Female, 31-40
24th Jan 2017

i had a very nice week in the hammock :) , thanks a lot to everybody!

24th Jan 2017

Judy house is cute place, great for meeting people and close to everything. The owner Sue gave us also a lift to the bus when we were leaving.

Many thanks for lovely review and for taking the time to write it. My pleasure to give you a lift to the bus, something I always try to do when guest journeys are in sync with my mine. One Love !

15th Jan 2017

Ms Sue and the rest of the staff are very nice and helpful. You can walk to the beach, but it's about 45 mins. Alternatively, you can take a cheap taxi there. I would come back.

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to write it. Glad you were happy with our customer service. Yes its a 30/45 min walk to the main beach or a 10min cheap local route taxi ride., We also have a beautiful beach at the end of our road at Mary's bay, served by the amazing Canoe Bar and Restaurant, plus other bars and restaurants around the area at far better price than the main tourist beach. Looking forward to your return! .. One Love

• trac145116
  • Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
7.7

While we didn't read understand the tent situation, it turned out to be a hammock in a semi- outdoors setting. Fine for a night but youre essentially sleeping outdoors. Our bookings were messed up and the security guard came into the "enclosure" at 1am, stood by my hammock and didn't say anything which is terrifying for a girl. Staff were rude but location was good and the bathrooms decent enough for Jamaica. The grounds and surrounds are very cute though

Sorry, but this 'Tent/hammock/bed issue' has been a real problem this year and not our fault. It is mainly because guests do not read or understand the information on Hostelworld. Also that Hostelworld does not help by confirming the Hammocks to guests as 'Beds'. I also send a letter of confirmation which clearly says hammocks at $8.50US plus tax and no-one gets back to me on this 'mistake' that they only seem to find out on arrival . We are accused of overbooking and giving the wrong rooms, which is totally not true. This is what it says on Judy House Page in Hostelworld "Available in high, dry season. 2 tented Cabanas, Passion Fruit has 3 single hammocks and Starfruit has 2 single hammocks. Hammocks come with small mattress, pillow and mosquito net, with a secure shared luggage lock up, bench and shelves. Sleeping bag liner and blanket can be rented for a small returnable deposit. You are advised to bring a flash light as the Cabana garden is lit communally but the Cabanas are not." The other issue concerns me, but I think Security may be just checking who is home or not, but I will speak with him and email you seperately. One Love

5th Jan 2017

Lovely hostel for backpackers & budget oriented travellers. My dorm had comfy beds (no bunks) with mosquito net & fan for each bed. Bring earplugs, there's some roosters next door. :) Located on a hill in a residential neighborhood, so expect to walk a bit, but it's good excercise & there's cheap route (shared) taxis that can drive you up and around. I walked to the beach & we even did an afternoon stroll to the lighthouse and Rick's Café. The best about my stay though were the people. Miss it!

Yes the people! We really get some wonderful people at the Judy House, creating really good vibes. Love that! Thanks for your lovely review, you describe just what I planned the Judy House to be. Far enough away from mainstream tourism and in a local, friendly community but within easy reach of beach, cliffs and lots of restaurants and bars, walking or by cheap local transport. Brilliant you took the time to relate your experience for others ...One Love!

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2017
6.0

The Judy House has a very unique atmosphere and open concept for backpackers to stay. The staff were very friendly, but they are rarely present and hard to track down. The owner, Sue is extremely rude and unprofessional. She openly would yell at the employees for no reason and gave several guests unnecessary attitude. I didn't feel welcomed here as a result, but there are a linited number of hostels in negril so this is your best bet. Wouldn't go back but better than anything else in the area.

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

We stayed here for New Year's Eve after booking a cottage very last minute. The cottage was beautiful and had everything you could need and more. I also have to say that the staff went out of their way to help me when I had messed up with the payment and they were all so forgiving and accommodating. We were provided with all the information we could need for our stay here and the place felt extremely safe and relaxing. Stay here, you won't regret it

Glad to be of service and great you got to stay with us for New Year's. Great to hear we were all doing our job as we try very hard to make sure guests have the best time whilst at the Judy House. Great that you loved your cottage and thanks for your review and recommendations. One Love!

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
7.4

The process of checking in could have been easier. The hostel is kept fairly clean. The staff is helpful, but not always on site. The kitchen facilities could be better. It's a beautiful, peaceful hostel with lots of natural beauty and gives an authentic experience of Negril. Close to good restaurants. Overall a good experience.

Many thanks for your review, unfortunately I could not be there during your stay as I had to attend to some serious family business. I know my staff will have done their very best to assist you. I would love to hear how they could have made the checking in easier, times they were not available for you and how we could improve on the kitchen facilities. I would love to get an email with more detailed feedback as I am always trying to improve judyhousenegril@gmail.com. Many thanks for your other positive comments and glad that it was overall a good experience. One Love!