The Judy House Reviews

Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril, Jamaica

I had a fantastic time there. I stayed in the hammock tent. If it's droopy you just need to tighten it. Once I did that I was very comfortable for the 3 nights I stayed. The places to hang out are great. It has an adventurous feel with lots of comfort. I was by myself but instantly made friends with other guests.

So glad you enjoyed your stay too much and learned to organize yourself in the hammocks! Thanks of your review and taking the time to write it. Also glad you enjoyed al the friends you made, you were certainly a great crew! One Love !

If you are a backpacker in Negril, this is the place to stay. Good to meet other travellers and friendly and helpful staff.

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to write it. I really enjoyed your stay with us at the Judy House and I hope to see you again one day ... One Love!

I really had a great time there. All the staff and the owner are so friendly and nice people. The owner Sue took us on trips several times for a little gaz fee. She showed us beautiful places and introduced us to local Jamaicans. That's the way you really get an idea what's Jamaica and I think it is almost impossible to do so yourself only. The Judy house itself is not far away from beautiful beaches and Rick's cafe as well. And it has got a beautiful jungle garden including bath tubs outside.

Loved your review as I loved spending time with you and all the others. I certainly hd a good time too! Nice to know we met our objectives, as the Judy House is very much about 'living' with the locals. Plus spending time off in the 'real' Jamaica with the people away from the regular tourist venues, therefore contributing to the local economy of small local businesses also. Thanks very much indeed for your wonderful review. One Love!

What a pleasant stay at the Judy house! We were only there one night but Sue was extremely accomodating and helped us with the shuttle back. The guava room was really cute and everyone was super chill and friendly. Wish we could have stayed longer! We will have to be back.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review me after such a short stay, It was great to meet you both and yes, I do hope you will come back one day. One Love !

We really enjoyed our stay at the Judy House. Judy is a very friendly woman who want to give information and help u during your stay.

Thank you so much for reviewing me and always glad to be of help to all our Judy House guests to help you have the best stay in Jamaica. Thanks for the appreciation. One Love !!

Judy House is just great, it takes a day to get used to the people and the humidity in Jamaica and then it is paradise! Sue took us for a whole day trip, for breakfast, cliff diving in the blue hole, the mountains and dinner at sun set, just the perfect day. The garden is amazing, there are dozens of different kind of fruits and flowers, hummingbirds, frogs... at night it sounds almost like in the jungle. Just an incredible place!

Many thanks for your review and for taking the time write it. Enjoyed meeting you very much and hope to see you back here again one day. One Love ... Sue

Hostel is a distance from the beach but I didn't mind walking; it felt unsafe at night however. No towels are provided and the water is cold, the toilet doesn't flush very well. No microwave, and the kitchen area is very small. There was a cockroach in the room which was really small. The guy on security is half asleep at all times, but seemed nice enough. Mosquito repellent is a must because of all the trees. Wouldn't stay again unless really desperate! Sue wasn't there when I arrived :(

Hostel 10 mins to beach at the end of our road. 7 mile Beach 30 min walk by the West End seaside or cheap route tax ride. Sorry you felt unsafe in our real friendly community. We always offer driver service for late night party goers. Towels provided, did you ask for one I wonder? Yes no hot water, perhaps you needed a hotel? 2 bathrooms, but a problem sometimes with one and there is a microwave on top of the fridge? Everyone loves our security guard. Tropics have bugs and we love our trees!!

Sue and the crew were lovely, they help out with all your needs and have a lot of local knowledge to pass on. At first thought you may think the Judy house is not in the ideal location of Negril, but it is perfectly situated halfway between the beach and the west end. I had a lot of fun.

• 28th Aug 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review as we do try our best to assist you in getting the very best from your stay with us. Thanks again for taking the time. One Love!

What a nice and relax place to stay ! Sue, the owner, know a lot of good spot around, she has some good advices, I highly recommand her ghesthouse,

Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to write it. So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Judy House Backpacker Hostel. One Love!

The hostel is located up a hill which most taxi drivers will charge you more to drive up there. A little bit of a pain but not a huge problem, the kitchen facilities are minimal and basic. The rooms are clean but small, they all have a safe in them to keep valuables which was handy. The staff super friendly, just make sure you ask the price for meals etc before you decide on anything as they will charge more for meals than some of the local restaurants close by! An amazing stay here regardless

Thanks for you review, but pretty disappointed with many of your comments. To clarify route taxis will charge a little extra for detour off their main route which is fair. Charter taxis are negotiated on distance as normal. Yes small, cheap, clean rooms is what we do and I think the kitchen has just about everything you could need. Love to hear what you were short of as all you had to do was ask us if you needed anything. Please note the Judy House does not serve food except on Christmas Day ??

View all Negril Bed and Breakfasts