The Judy House

8.4
Fabulous 210 Total Reviews

14th Mar 2017
7.1

This is an absolutely lovely place to stay-- we stayed in hammocks but the rooms looked nice! The property is beautiful. However, it is quite a ways outside Negril and for similar prices (at least for the cabins) you can literally get something on the beach. But there is nothing better than a backpacker/hostel culture!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Mar 2017

Despite being small, this hostel provides a great environment for guests to meet and socialise, and that's something I really enjoyed during my stay. Rooms, kitchen and bathroom facilities are all very simple but if you're a self-sufficient traveller it's all you need. Bring the right attitude and you'll have a great time here.

Many thanks for taking the time to review my Judy House. Just what the place is designed for, getting to meet people around the worlds and being "sell sufficient"you have it to a 'T' ! Many thanks again and One Love!

• USA, Couple, 18-24
5th Mar 2017

I thought the Judy house was so quaint and cute and just an all around fun place to hang out at the end of everyday! They created lots of space for private and public places to hang with your buddies and have a good time getting to know all the other fellow travelers. Very cute walkways and such caring staff! Enjoyed my stay and will try to visit again soon!

• flightmom615
  • Germany, Female, 41+
17th Feb 2017

we had a wonderful stay, the house is in a lovely garden from the main street the walk is up the hill, we felt safe walking it.

So glad you enjoyed my Judy House and the walking in our lovely local community. One of our main aims is for you our guests to feel safe and secure whilst staying with us. Many thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review ..One Love!

16th Feb 2017

I enjoyed my stay at Judy House, it is a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of main Negril. The common areas are really nice in a well developed garden at the top of a hill and good for relaxing or lounging off the day. Cottages are nice and clean. Bathrooms are outside, more attention could be paid towards maintenance and cleanliness. Only one bathroom has hot water and that is at night. I would return to The Judy House again.

Many thanks for your great review and yes been very busy this year and currently attending to some of the maintenance issues this week (ie new mattresses, replacing toilets etc.) Never ending in a busy hostel like ours. Housekeepers are cleaning and washing all day, everyday as I am sure you witnessed. Attention by guests ie., washing up and cleaning the kitchen dining areas after themselves is lacking with quite a few travelers!! The cottages and the double private have hot water 24/7's. We do the hostel hot water on a budget for evening and early morning. Water is never really cold in the day as the 4 water sit in full sun most of the day. Great you brought these point to our attention as we always trying to improve. Many thanks for taking the time, much appreciated .. One Love!

31st Jan 2017
6.6

Good for 2 nights. Overall satisfied. Can be better, but it's about administration. Good vibes!!!

Many thanks for your review. would love to hear about how administration could be better. Always trying to improve, email me privately please ... One Love

• Germany, Female, 31-40
24th Jan 2017

i had a very nice week in the hammock :) , thanks a lot to everybody!

So glad you enjoyed your Hammock and took the time to say it. Your review and your thanks are both very much appreciated .. One Love!

24th Jan 2017

Judy house is cute place, great for meeting people and close to everything. The owner Sue gave us also a lift to the bus when we were leaving.

Many thanks for lovely review and for taking the time to write it. My pleasure to give you a lift to the bus, something I always try to do when guest journeys are in sync with my mine. One Love !

15th Jan 2017

Ms Sue and the rest of the staff are very nice and helpful. You can walk to the beach, but it's about 45 mins. Alternatively, you can take a cheap taxi there. I would come back.

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to write it. Glad you were happy with our customer service. Yes its a 30/45 min walk to the main beach or a 10min cheap local route taxi ride., We also have a beautiful beach at the end of our road at Mary's bay, served by the amazing Canoe Bar and Restaurant, plus other bars and restaurants around the area at far better price than the main tourist beach. Looking forward to your return! .. One Love

• trac145116
  • Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
7.7

While we didn't read understand the tent situation, it turned out to be a hammock in a semi- outdoors setting. Fine for a night but youre essentially sleeping outdoors. Our bookings were messed up and the security guard came into the "enclosure" at 1am, stood by my hammock and didn't say anything which is terrifying for a girl. Staff were rude but location was good and the bathrooms decent enough for Jamaica. The grounds and surrounds are very cute though

Sorry, but this 'Tent/hammock/bed issue' has been a real problem this year and not our fault. It is mainly because guests do not read or understand the information on Hostelworld. Also that Hostelworld does not help by confirming the Hammocks to guests as 'Beds'. I also send a letter of confirmation which clearly says hammocks at $8.50US plus tax and no-one gets back to me on this 'mistake' that they only seem to find out on arrival . We are accused of overbooking and giving the wrong rooms, which is totally not true. This is what it says on Judy House Page in Hostelworld "Available in high, dry season. 2 tented Cabanas, Passion Fruit has 3 single hammocks and Starfruit has 2 single hammocks. Hammocks come with small mattress, pillow and mosquito net, with a secure shared luggage lock up, bench and shelves. Sleeping bag liner and blanket can be rented for a small returnable deposit. You are advised to bring a flash light as the Cabana garden is lit communally but the Cabanas are not." The other issue concerns me, but I think Security may be just checking who is home or not, but I will speak with him and email you seperately. One Love