8.7
Fabulous 180 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 180 Total Reviews
The Judy House Located at Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril.
Jamaica
Negril Negril, Jamaica Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland
87% 180
18.2732866 -78.3561658
    Rooms available

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
7.4

The process of checking in could have been easier. The hostel is kept fairly clean. The staff is helpful, but not always on site. The kitchen facilities could be better. It's a beautiful, peaceful hostel with lots of natural beauty and gives an authentic experience of Negril. Close to good restaurants. Overall a good experience.

Many thanks for your review, unfortunately I could not be there during your stay as I had to attend to some serious family business. I know my staff will have done their very best to assist you. I would love to hear how they could have made the checking in easier, times they were not available for you and how we could improve on the kitchen facilities. I would love to get an email with more detailed feedback as I am always trying to improve judyhousenegril@gmail.com. Many thanks for your other positive comments and glad that it was overall a good experience. One Love!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2016

Awesome stay here!

Many, many thanks for your review and great score,. Hope to see you back here one day ... One Love!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Jul 2016
7.7

A little expensive, but very friendly staff.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Judy House Cottages, the hostel rooms are much cheaper. Try them next time you are here alone ... One Love!

• Iceland, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

It is a bit out of the main town but the location is beautiful, overlooking the lush green trees and the sea. Staff is wonderful and always ready to help, atmosphere is nice and chill, rooms are simple and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and will definedly be back when we go back to negril :)

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Judy House, rlly appreciate you taking the time to add your wonderful comments. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much and look forward to see you back with us one day. One Love!

8th Jun 2016
7.7

Very cute hostel as its a garden. The dorms are nice aswell. I would of liked that they would have an actual locker in the dorm, they only had a small safe to put smaller valuables. Bigger lockers that locks with your own locker is a must for me. It is more in the country side so not close to the road, I wouldnt walk in that street alone at night haha. It is not far from the local bus station. I had trouble understanding some of the staff but they were very nice and kind.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Judy House, your comments help me know that I am on the right track'. Currently revamping the dorms to enable improved storage space. Also adding one new fan per bed! Westland Mountain is a very seaside/country safe neighbourhood with an extremely efficient Neighbourhood watch system. The main road it 10 mins walk away, as is the local beach. I wouldn't walk anywhere in the world late at night, but early evening in our community is fine. We also have a number of safe, affordable drivers at your request. Brush up on your Patios next visit, Miss H is certainly improving her English! Thanks again, One Love !

1st Jun 2016
7.7

It's a beautiful place and garden but unfortunately the owner was not there and the younger woman receptionist was on the phone most of the times and every time I needed sometjhing I had to wait for 10-15 for her, also 1 night there was no staff on site to check-in the new guests and they had to stay outside all night, I am sure if the owner was there it would have been better. Also the rooms are made of metal units and was boiling hot. They should be clear about the tax and not extra tax.

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Judy House and for your 'beautiful' description of it, you thought the construction weird. The taxes (not extra tax), which seemed to be your main concern are clearly stated on my Judy House Hostelworld page. I re-confirmed them you in writing after my Senior Housekeeper reported to me that you were refusing pay the taxes and she could not collect any payment from you for your room 2 days after arrival. To ensure some payment was collected from you I instructed her to collect your room payment without the taxes. You then booked another night and paid the taxes without argument at all for that 4th night? My 'young' 36 year old housekeeper would not have credit on her 'pay as you go' phone to be 'talking all the time for 10-15 mins'. The guest manual in your room is there to answer lots of your questions, which is not her job normally. There is also free internet where you can research questions/answers 24/7's. My Hostel rooms are constructed out of local products zinc and wood, painted, neatly furnished, clean and tidy with fans and mosquito nets. They are designed for travellers who need somewhere to sleep and store their belongings safely. They are cool at night and not designed for daytime living. The situation you described as 'no staff on site' for new guests was normal between the office closing, when all booked guest are checked in, and night security coming on duty. The guests you describe were 'walk ins', people not booked in which I do not pay staff to wait around for. They were certainly were not 'outside all night' as you report. If the "owner had been there" it would not have been any different as my staff followed correct procedure. I would, however, ensured that you paid in full. You left owing us 3 nights taxes which I should like to be paid for immediately. I will be sending you a Paypal invoice to help you do this.

3rd May 2016

An amazing place, with nice and helpful staff people and a great atmosphere!!!!! Please keep it in this way!!!!

Brilliant that you enjoyed your stay at the Judy House so much. Many thanks for taking the time to write this review, very much appreciated. We have no plans to change the 'vibes', just to keep it well maintained and as confortable as we can for your return visit! One Love!

• madisoncathlina
  • USA, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

This hostel is really lovely. It's set in a gorgeous garden - a bit tricky to find but once you're there getting around is easy! A short walk to town and just a two minute walk to the beach. The owner and staff were lovely. Comfy hammocks to lounge in, mosquito nets provided, fans in the rooms. There's also a few goats in the yard next door - possibly the best part as they were SO cute. I really enjoyed my stay here, would definitely recommend!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

Was a great option for my girlfriend and I. Negril is very expensive and this is the best value for money. It's about a 15 min walk to the good beach but there are plenty of food options and supermarkets close by. The hostel is next to a farm type thing so you will hear a bit of noise from 6am onward. Loved our stay here and would return. Thank you to sue and marquel. Chris and Nicole

Great to hear from you both and so glad to get your review which is wonderful and helpful to other travellers. Many thanks for taking the time write it. So looking forward to seeing you both back here one day. One Love!