The Judy House Reviews

Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril, Jamaica

i want an AC

So I'm sitting here on a Monday morning at my desk back in the Babylon of South London a few weeks after leaving the sanctuary that is Judy House, Negril... Obviously returning to normality after such an amazing trip will naturally trigger me to write this review. My partner and I were looking for a good value place to stay that wasn't a resort for our trip to Jamaica and I really don't regret booking our stay with Sue at all. We wanted to be somewhere where it felt more real, and after wanderi

• 16th Jun 2015

We had a great time at the Backpacker Hostel! The atmosphere is unique as all the huts are surrounded by a tropical garden that finally gives you a Caribbean feeling. Sue, the owner, gave us useful tips when we planned a trip to waterfalls in the inland or a snorkeling tour. We also liked to get in touch with people all over the world and share experiences. If you are up for an adventure, prefer nice little houses over hotel suites and want to feel Jamaica, then this is the right place for you!

Many thanks for your lovely review, really enjoyed you being here too. Glad you enjoyed all out international guests, plus your trips and adventures in Jamaica. Great my tips were useful. Let me have any feedback that you may have to improve the 'tips service' for visitors! Hope to see yo both back here one day ... One Love!

The Judy House is a very nice place. The facilities are beautiful and it gives you a very relaxing atmosphere. But: I did use the flexible booking option of Hostelworld but I had to pay the entire amount for 3 nights, altough I just stayed for one night because I didnt inform the host within 24 hours. Too bad this way I lost over 50 USD.

This is a great place to stay! Anyone who doesn't like this place has a stick up his a** and expects 5 star resort for paying 10$. Don't be afraid to book the hammocks, they're really comfy! Somehow the hostel did have a double booking and I couldn't stay in the hammock for the first two nights but I got an upgrade into the office, sweet private room ;) (thx sue by the way) Only downside, bring earplugs, the chicken next door will wake you in the morning. Not the hostels fault though

• 25th Mar 2015

We had a great time at The Judy House. Our host Sue was lovely and we met great people there. Since the walls in the bungalows are very thin it can get pretty lound sometimes, but the hostel itself with its huge garden up in the hill is a nice place to relax.

Very friendly, very suitable for young backpackers. Simple accommodation, shared cooking facilities, shower. Wonderful staff. Hats off to Miss Hyacinth!

• 24th Feb 2015

Thanks so much fro your review, was great to have you here, will pas on comments to the staff today .. One Love ...

Everything about this hostel is amazing, except for the never ending sounds from the farm animals next door. Nothing can be done about that though. The people are great, staff is very helpful, and the vibes are perfect for relaxing or getting a party started. The place really trusts the guests with helping take care of the place and all the plants make the place so beautiful.

• 18th Feb 2015

Many thanks for your review Michael and for taking the time to write it. Glad you enjoy the vibes so much. Jamaica local community life always comes with its bird and animal sounds, from most yards, which I love. It is your home when you are here so trusting each other is an important apart of the package. One Love !

Hostel changed my reservation from a single room to dorm without any notification. I learned about it upon arrival. I was told the private was given to a walk-in (why not the dorm bed then???)

Thanks for your review Filip, Sorry this happened to you and you are so angry about it you gave us a ridiculous score. The room was not available because the guest already in it wanted to stay longer. You were only booked for one night so we thought it would be OK. Whoever told you we gave the single room to a 'walk in' was lying, I would never do that. We asked you if it was ok and you said yes, if you had said no I would have moved the other guest or I would have given you my own room instead.

very nice palace

• 6th Feb 2015

Thanks for your nice words, would have been great if you had paid your bar bill before you left ? One Love !!

View all Negril Bed and Breakfasts