The Judy House Reviews

Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril, Jamaica

Lovely cabins intertwined in luscious gardens, this hostel is an escape in itself. Sue is the best host a backpacker can ask for. The hostel is a short walk from a good restaurant on the beach and a short cab ride to seven mile beach in one direction and ricks cafe/the cliffs in the other. This is the only true "hostel" I ran into in Jamaica, not to say there aren't others, but surely there are not others like this one.

This is definitely one of best hostels out there in the world! I am so lucky to stay at Judy's House in Negril for 6 days. Do not be afraid to try Hammock, I slept on it and it was very comfortable. There's bar that's open 24/7. Walking distance from beach and everything!

• 16th Mar 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I really enjoyed you and all your friends being here so much. Hope to see you back again one day. One Love .... Sue

I loved every single moment I spent at the Judy House. Sue is a lovely lady and such a gracious host. Also very motherly and she made me feel at home. She was a wealth of information and she always took time to attend to me when I needed help. The hostel is very rustic and I loved the fact that it was in a real Jamaican neighbourhood away from all the touristy,flashy resorts. It is also very safe!

Thank you so much my first guest ever from Zimbabwe! You were an absolute joy to have around! One Love x

I really enjoyed my stay in Judy House. Sue is very nice, she gives good advices. The location is ok. You have to walk 10 minutes to catch a cab, but it's 1,30$ and yo can go everywhere. The room are not really comfortable, but neat, if you are a backpackers who wants a safe place to stay, it is perfect. The atmosphere is really nice, the kitchen is well appointed, the shower is big but only cold water, otherwise they don't take credit card, only paypall. I definitely recommand this place.

Many thanks for your review of my Hostel, great you took time to write it. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Just one note, I do take credit and debit card payments through Paypal which is a far more secure way to pay, rather than handing over your credit card details.

very calm place and a nice athmosphere. sue is nice person and of course miss h. big hug

Many thanks for the review, was great to have you around, such cool conversations too. Hope to see you again one day .. One Love!

Judy's House was a blast. Good location not far from Negril center and the beach, but still up in the hills so you're surrounded by nature. Great beds and mosquito nets and fans are standards which was great. Mini bar fridge accessible 24/7 at reception if you need a cold beer during the night :). Great outdoor common areas and wifi always accessible. Sue the owner participates and is so cool. She will give you great tips and make you feel at home at all times. Recommend this place big time!!!

Thanks for taking the time to review and so glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. Comfort and cleanliness are top of what Miss Hyacinth and I strive as for. Also excellent customer service to make the Judy House Hostel your home for home in Negril, Jamaica. Hope to see you here again one day. One Love!

When I first came there, this place looked quite far from the beach and from the town center. But then I realized that the town is very small, so this distance isn't a problem - just 10 minutes walk. And the place itself is a real classic hostel, with great atmosphere, fast internet, and all other facilities that you can imagine. Not so many islands of the Caribbean have real hostels, so don't miss this one.

View all Negril Bed and Breakfasts