The Judy House Reviews

Westland Mountain Road, Westmoreland, Negril, Jamaica

What a pleasant stay at the Judy house! We were only there one night but Sue was extremely accomodating and helped us with the shuttle back. The guava room was really cute and everyone was super chill and friendly. Wish we could have stayed longer! We will have to be back.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Judy House. Judy is a very friendly woman who want to give information and help u during your stay.

Judy House is just great, it takes a day to get used to the people and the humidity in Jamaica and then it is paradise! Sue took us for a whole day trip, for breakfast, cliff diving in the blue hole, the mountains and dinner at sun set, just the perfect day. The garden is amazing, there are dozens of different kind of fruits and flowers, hummingbirds, frogs... at night it sounds almost like in the jungle. Just an incredible place!

Hostel is a distance from the beach but I didn't mind walking; it felt unsafe at night however. No towels are provided and the water is cold, the toilet doesn't flush very well. No microwave, and the kitchen area is very small. There was a cockroach in the room which was really small. The guy on security is half asleep at all times, but seemed nice enough. Mosquito repellent is a must because of all the trees. Wouldn't stay again unless really desperate! Sue wasn't there when I arrived :(

Hostel 10 mins to beach at the end of our road. 7 mile Beach 30 min walk by the West End seaside or cheap route tax ride. Sorry you felt unsafe in our real friendly community. We always offer driver service for late night party goers. Towels provided, did you ask for one I wonder? Yes no hot water, perhaps you needed a hotel? 2 bathrooms, but a problem sometimes with one and there is a microwave on top of the fridge? Everyone loves our security guard. Tropics have bugs and we love our trees!!

Sue and the crew were lovely, they help out with all your needs and have a lot of local knowledge to pass on. At first thought you may think the Judy house is not in the ideal location of Negril, but it is perfectly situated halfway between the beach and the west end. I had a lot of fun.

• 28th Aug 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review as we do try our best to assist you in getting the very best from your stay with us. Thanks again for taking the time. One Love!

What a nice and relax place to stay ! Sue, the owner, know a lot of good spot around, she has some good advices, I highly recommand her ghesthouse,

Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to write it. So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Judy House Backpacker Hostel. One Love!

The hostel is located up a hill which most taxi drivers will charge you more to drive up there. A little bit of a pain but not a huge problem, the kitchen facilities are minimal and basic. The rooms are clean but small, they all have a safe in them to keep valuables which was handy. The staff super friendly, just make sure you ask the price for meals etc before you decide on anything as they will charge more for meals than some of the local restaurants close by! An amazing stay here regardless

Thanks for you review, but pretty disappointed with many of your comments. To clarify route taxis will charge a little extra for detour off their main route which is fair. Charter taxis are negotiated on distance as normal. Yes small, cheap, clean rooms is what we do and I think the kitchen has just about everything you could need. Love to hear what you were short of as all you had to do was ask us if you needed anything. Please note the Judy House does not serve food except on Christmas Day ??

Everything was fantastic! Had a great time there, it was pretty quiet when I was there but that was due to the low season.

You were fantastic too, sorry you hit a rare time when they was not many people, the weekend you left we were packed out! Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. You were so great to have around, love the video of you and my step daughter! One Love x

This travel vacation experience was unlike any other; my first stay at a hostel; Sue and the staff have put much love and effort into making The Judy House a tropical retreat; I loved the constant flow of new travelers coming and going and meeting new people from all over the world; not to forget Browning and kitty; Beautiful surroundings, peaceful, affordable and all that I needed. I felt very safe and cared for, miss it there already. Thank you Sue, Martell and Hyacinth. One Love, Blessings

• 6th Jun 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Judy House and our services. We enjoyed you being here very much, wonderful energy! One Love x

View all Negril Bed and Breakfasts