The King Harry Bar & Hostel Reviews

55 Blessington Road, Liverpool, England

The hostel was located in a dangerous and empty neighbourhood 5 miles from the city center. It is loaded with hooligans who leave their dirty stuff everywhere, and the bathrooms are simply disgusting with pubic hair all over the place (there's no privacy since the shower doors are transparent). Silver lining, 5 £ and you would be in town by taxi.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

This is the worse pub I've ever been. No reception, no cupboards, no any security for the rooms, (Free access from the downstairs pub to the rooms), there wasn't any key for locking the rooms. The guy in the pub showed us a room in the morning. We left our stuff in there, but when we arrived at night our beds were occupied by somebody else and there was not anybody to claim for. We finally found our belongings in another room which was comunicated to an storage room with a permanently open windw

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Staff didn't appear to know or care about how to operate the hostel, they just worked in the pub downstairs. Way too expensive for what you get. We found ourselves locked out because they didn't give us the code to get in, there was also no toilet paper in the place and our dorm room door didn't close or lock and the light didn't work. Avoid.

• 1st Mar 2014

IT WAS HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING AND UNORGANISED! We booked through Hostelworld, everything was alright on the paper. But when we arrived, the bar and the hostel were absolutely disgusting (papers on the floor, bottles everywhere, pee'smell, sticky, food in rooms, …).Nothing is cleaned : when clients are gone, they don't clean the room, they don't take off bed sheets. It's also completely unorganised : the guy who's managing the hostel is not available and not welcoming AT ALL(except just before foot

• 21st Feb 2014

It is more or less what you expect for that price. I had what I needed: Internet, a bed, shower and toilet. I could even ate my own food at the pub downstairs and watch some football with a couple of beers. It is a good location if yo plan to stay around Anfield and Goodison Park, otherwise better look for something in the center.

Well, you get what you pay for. Sheets were dirty when I checked in. Nonetheless, suitable for true Liverpool/Everton FC supporters who want to get a feel of the 'real' Liverpool and the Scouse way of life! Anfield/Blessington area's kinda dodgy compared to the magnificently beautiful Liverpool city centre but then again I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this pub (it really is a pub with rooms, not a hostel per se) since it's walking distance to LFC. Support the local community by staying here!

The hostel was in a good place and very easy to find it.Its was warm and clean.Also the manager was very kind friendly and helpful.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Greece

It was OK, for the prize it is OK. Near Anfield, which is a bonus in itself

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Norway

awfull, horrible, disgusting was really expensive, and it was a hause and broken please dont go there

Dear Guest, I do apologise that your stay at our premises was not satisfactory. If I remember correctly you do not arrive until close to midnight, in which we facilitate your late arrival, we had just installed a new management team on that weekend so as owner of the premises I had been onsite to inspect the premises earlier on the day of your arrival. I would be very grateful if you could email me directly on info@thekingharryliverpool.co.uk and detail the problems you had with our premises.