The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

All in all, couldn't fault the hostel! Really cool staff, really friendly and helpful. Lockers in the dorms, bed was fine, bathrooms and showers fine. No problems!

Great place to stay, very close to everythingeverything eg bars,clubs and the sea They have a bar at the hostel that is quite cheap to drink at. Staff are awsume

The whole place was a dump, dirty and in need of serious maintenance. I wasn't expect a palace for the money but the lack of cleanliness throughout the whole building show a lack of interest and a want to spend even a small amount of money on the rooms, toilets and showers. Which to me is just giving people what they will put up with and not what they want. The place is falling apart and needs to be sorted. Very surprised that in this day and age people would run a business in this way.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff were great, really helpful and friendly. The hostel itself not so great. They have triple-decker bunks and if you are on the top bunk (like me) your knees touch the ceiling, really hard to get up and onto the bed as you are sandwiched against the roof. However the bunks themselves are quite large so after the first night I shared one of the lower bunks with a friend. Not enough showers and no curtains in room so no chance of a sleep in.

We stayed in room 1 and were disappointed. We found a bed bug in the room, the window didn't close and there were no curtains. The cleanliness of the room was poor. I am sure that much better rooms could be found elsewhere for a similar price.

• 4th Jun 2015

Filthy dirty, security was non existent i felt as if ANYONE could have wandered in. Staff were un professional, when we got to our room there were supposed to be 5 beds free but all beds had belongings on. When I went to ask staff for help I was accompanied up to the room by a young male member of staff who assured me that he also slept in the dorm and he moved people's belongings and told me that if there was any trouble with people saying were in there beds he would "bang them out mate"

• 30th May 2015

The histel was filthy throughout, we could not close the window of our room, which was not nice, since there was some kind of a row/fight out on the street in the middle of the nightnight and thus we could not sleep. Bathrooms were in horrible condition. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

It was terrible @ the kings arms.. in the room it was very dirty, the window was broken, we couldn't close the window. It was very loud, we couldn't sleep well. One bed hadn't a duvet cover.. it was only the matrace... The showers and the toilets weren't aswell dirty.. and the water tap in the lavabo was not fixed.. for 40 pounds it's really too expensive for one night..

• 23rd May 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is an average accommodation over a pub. Great location, but overpriced for what you get.

Great environment

• 10th May 2015
  • South Africa

The staff very nice and I was very pleased they let me stay 2 nights even though their age limit is max 35 and Im 50+ .(Is this legal) Any loses points as it has no kitchen but the vibe and staff were good

Very cheap and cheerful. Only needed a bed for the 2 nights we were there. Plus point was a TV showing the football.

• 1st May 2015

The location and atmosphere of the Hostel made this a truly memorable stay! Great place to stay

• 29th Apr 2015

I am so disgusted in this place and insulted you charged me £40 to stay here it was disgustingly dirty -no security anyone could just walk in lovely staff though. Thank goodness I ended up crashing at a friends but I did go back for a shower which was a traumatic event

I had an excellent stay at this hostel. The staff is excellent, the location is perfect, the place is clean and the beds are confy. The wifi works perfectly and the atmosphere in the bar area is great mainly thanks to the staff, especially Jonatan. I definitely recommand !

I was running in the Brighton Marathon and it was a really affordable place to stay the night before. Thank you.

• 11th Apr 2015

Security is weak. Toilet and bathroom are not working

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

The Hostel is in a great location close to the Laines and the seafront. The staff, seem very nice and friendly. Unfortunately as a property it was very unappealing. The building wasn't dirty in the sense it hadn't been cleaned but rather just neglected. The mixed dorm was crammed with beds, with very little room. I can't comment on the bathroom because I didn't venture into them, however the ground around it was wet and dirty looking. If you're looking for just a bed it is tolerable.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The issue I had with The King's Arms is its lack of common area and kitchen, and limited storage. The only shared area is a licensed pub, therefore there is no space for guests to prepare food or enjoy their own drinks. The result is people preparing meals and having and drinks in the dorm rooms, a problem for anyone wanting to enjoy a quiet and odorless environment.

The members of staff were great , the atmosphere was great I would defiantly recommend it to a friend.

• 29th Mar 2015