The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

Terrible customer service. Simply, not caring whatsoever.

Awesome and cheapest drinks about! Sweetest ;)

When we first arrived we were put in a TINY 8 bed dorm where you couldn't walk around in. After moving rooms we ended up in another which had a heater on 27/4 which meant it was stuffy and near unbareable to be in when not sleeping. You literally couldn't raise your head in the too bunk because there were 3 bunks stacked high. Another negative was being harassed by people in the pub ( which is the only area of the hostel to hangout in). Staff friendly.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

would defiantly recommend

• 14th Nov 2014

The room (an 18 bed dorm) was very hot, bed was not the most comfortable and - as you'd expect with so many people - I was frequently woken up by people entering/exiting during the evening. That said, for £9 I got a room for the night in a busy city at very short notice so it's a real case of you get what you pay for. The showers and toilets were good. If you have the money and care about the quality of your sleep, stay elsewhere. Want a cheap place to crash? Here is as good as anywhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

Perfect location, close to pier. Rooms are simple with small lockers. The bathrooms were always clean. Long security codes for doors to rooms and hostel, but they were never locked in the first place. Overall it's got what you need.

Have two great nights in King's Arms. It's my first time staying in a 16 dorm. I get to meet new friends.

It's all pretty awesome over here, come by!! There are some wicked staff, the owner Scott is very understanding and helpful, I escaped some smelly feet :) Drinks are an awesome price and I've always been happy to trust everyone who comes through. They're all smiling!

Friendly staff clean beds hot showers perfect location

Everyting was right!!

actually most things were ok, but BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!

Nice and cheap hostel if you don't expect too much. Near the beach and you can walk everywhere. Not so clean but bed in 18 people's room was £6 so didn't really bother. Had nice night sleep, I recommend to take earplugs with you. Enough toilets and showers. Lockers in the room, big enough for backpacks. Free wifi.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Finland

stayed in the 12 bed, door had a code but could not be shut from the outside defeating the point. the pub was seedy despite there being a lovely aussie girl to check me in. there were holes in the roof, the beds squeaked at every move. people were checking in at 2am 4am, there were people all night talking outside. I would say only stay here if u need somewhere to leave your bags but it is not safe enough to do so and u wont sleep. i dont often complain but this is the hostel from hell!

Have really nice time stay in there

The hostel has great staff and a bar... What more do you need? I've not had a problem with the three level bunk beds, the rooms are small but you should only be in there to sleep!! Location is awesome. The bar downstairs looks a bit seedy and brings in an interesting clientele but overall, I will keep staying there when I go to Brighton!

Simple, basic place. The rooms are small and the triple bunk beds a squeeze but it was fine for one night. There wasn't enough lockers so I had to take my bag out with me, would have been an issue if I had more than an overnight bag. Toilets were a little dirty... But... I paid 6 quid.. And for that it was good value. Had it been 20 I would have been a bit peeved.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the hostel, it is a quiet hostel which is kept perfectly clean by the housekeeping staff. The security is very good, the staff are very helpful, and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the continental breakfast which is served at £2 and consists of a wide variety of tasty food.

Loved staying here and would totally stay here again. Some rooms were nicer than others as far as outside noise goes, but nothing too bad. Location is nice and close to everything.

Not bad it was good for a night woke up feeling well rested an was good to see a guy keeping the showers clean after people. would stay again.

• 27th Sep 2014

Good place for one night.

• 20th Sep 2014