The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

cheapest price is in the best location. But you shouldnt be more within expectation.

I liked to be in Kings arms. It was a great experience for me.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Kings Arms in Brighton. The Hostel is situated in a perfect location right next to st James st which has great food, supermarkets, pubs, and music .Its within 2 minutes of the beach and pier. The security was satisfactory with lockers available. punch codes and cameras furnished all the doors. The staff made you feel welcome and were good with the bigger groups .they created a fun atmosphere. It was clean ,in fact spotless on my arrival.

This hostel was my home for almost two weeks, and I couldn't be happier staying here... on the top of the amazing location close to all of Brighton's amenities there is the friendly and outgoing staff, the well-maintained facilities and the unparalleled vibe - all that makes King's Arms the best hostel option in the city.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Nice hostel , perfect location close to pier.

Overpriced for the weekend! £130 for a room and had to buy towels for £5. Absolutely abusive price.

No security. Dirty.

Showers/toilets in pretty dirty/poor condition Not great security - on one night someone literally wandered into our room off the street and slept in one of the beds It's fine given that it's not particularly expensive, but if you can afford to go somewhere else I would recommend doing that. The staff were mostly very friendly, except for one man who was somewhat aggressive. It's a bed for the night and the beer is cheap at the bar, but don't expect much more than that.

• 31st Jul 2015

Great hostel if you want a cheap bed for the night and a shower!

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Wales

Friendly staff, but overall derelict facilities. Un-swept, mold on the shower walls, loose door locks, and no door to the shower area or barrier against the water, so the entire first floor is damp with standing water where the stairs land. Of the three toilets, one had no light fixture and was only useable with a flashlight after dark. We saw people cleaning regularly - the staff is doing their best. The building is in sore need of renovation to fix the water issue and mold. Rooms need cleaning

• 15th Jul 2015

pints for 3.10 and we got a bed for the night what is there to dislike

Great hostel - very cheap and really close to the sea - staff are good fun too - thanks!

• 9th Jul 2015

Very nice staff. The bar was very nice. Beds were fine. Would return

• 4th Jul 2015

Clean and nice staff

All in all, couldn't fault the hostel! Really cool staff, really friendly and helpful. Lockers in the dorms, bed was fine, bathrooms and showers fine. No problems!

Great place to stay, very close to everythingeverything eg bars,clubs and the sea They have a bar at the hostel that is quite cheap to drink at. Staff are awsume

The whole place was a dump, dirty and in need of serious maintenance. I wasn't expect a palace for the money but the lack of cleanliness throughout the whole building show a lack of interest and a want to spend even a small amount of money on the rooms, toilets and showers. Which to me is just giving people what they will put up with and not what they want. The place is falling apart and needs to be sorted. Very surprised that in this day and age people would run a business in this way.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff were great, really helpful and friendly. The hostel itself not so great. They have triple-decker bunks and if you are on the top bunk (like me) your knees touch the ceiling, really hard to get up and onto the bed as you are sandwiched against the roof. However the bunks themselves are quite large so after the first night I shared one of the lower bunks with a friend. Not enough showers and no curtains in room so no chance of a sleep in.

We stayed in room 1 and were disappointed. We found a bed bug in the room, the window didn't close and there were no curtains. The cleanliness of the room was poor. I am sure that much better rooms could be found elsewhere for a similar price.

• 4th Jun 2015

Filthy dirty, security was non existent i felt as if ANYONE could have wandered in. Staff were un professional, when we got to our room there were supposed to be 5 beds free but all beds had belongings on. When I went to ask staff for help I was accompanied up to the room by a young male member of staff who assured me that he also slept in the dorm and he moved people's belongings and told me that if there was any trouble with people saying were in there beds he would "bang them out mate"

• 30th May 2015