The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

Cheap and basic. perfect for short stays as there is no kitchen.

• 9th Feb 2016
  • New Zealand

I think it would benefit from stronger security. When the bar is open you just push a door and run upstairs. My room had a door that wouldn't close and lock, so I felt like anyone could walk in. The side door that you needed a code to enter was more secure. Lockers didn't have locks, so you had to bring your own or buy one. Facilities were average, some of the longer term guests seemed to be quite messy. I found crisp packets shoved under and around my bed upon arrival, they stayed as well.

Nice hostel , great location.

Only one power point worked in a room of 12 people. There's a lot of people staying there that live there, they stayed up talking all night with the light on because they don't have jobs. Turn the light off, you better believe someone will immediately walk in and turn it on again. Other people from other rooms will just walk into your shared room because the door is left unlocked by people that live there. There's no cage to lock your bag away. The place often smelt like weed.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

I know for the price i cannot except much. But, bed is the basic facility anyone would look for, the bed was in bad condition and noisy. Was afraid that it might break and couldn't sleep because of the noise.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • India

I had a lovely time staying, I was invited for Xmas Dinner which was prepared by Lee and Sam who made everyone feel welcome. Xmas games were played. I made some hostel friends a made a combined birthday buffet on New years for of the many lovely guests staying in the hostel. Showers are always hot, bed sheets and dormitories always clean and comfortable. Kings Arms is centrally located near the shops, night life, and town centre.Best wishes to to staff and guests.

There are no facilities for breakfast or coffee in the mornings not until 11o'clock when pub opens. I was accused for being smelly woken up at two in morning and told to move surprising that in the room only four people including myself used the showers. One person I believe was sick on his bed and decided to switch to a cleaned bed. The staff except for a girl Stacey. Did not bother with politeness all in all given that no sockets working dodgy electrics I would rather sleep in a bus stop.

Absolutely the worst place you could possibly stay. Never again

• 28th Nov 2015

There was a male staff member who continuously stared at female stayers. He also watched me and others while in the bathroom. It was incredibly uncomfortable.The hostel was so dirty. Like the mop had never seen the floor. The dorms were disgusting. Rubbish everywhere, alot of the stayers were male and feral. Another staff member made sexist comments about female stayers while in a room he wasn't staying in. Do not stay here.

Second visit and would definitely come back again. Staff are super friendly and looked after us well at all times of day and night... Lee is a good egg

• 14th Nov 2015

The staff were greatigreat. I had lots of fun there. Good place to meet people

• 5th Nov 2015

The location is great, 5 minutes away from the seafront and there are plenty of shops and pubs around. I spent a weekend here, the bar was welcoming and the staff was helpful. The problem was however when I tried to sleep, people come and go and slam the doors till 3 am, which is might be out of the control of the management but still frustrating. The next day my booking has been messed up so I had to change room. My stuff has been removed from my bed by the cleaners. Again a bit inconvenient.

The hostel beds were the most uncomfortable things I've slept on. I've never been penetrated by so many springs before. The place was dirty, and there were signs around asking (begging) for live in cleaners. There were coded locks on all doors, but were frequently left off the latch making them totally useless. Also, the staff were a bit outfield. One seemed to forget us entirely after having a conversation only minutes prior about check out and such. The live in staff were very inconsiderate.

Very chilled atmosphere . The pub isn't gastro by a long shot. However ing calm and locals who drink in there are friendly and no lairy customers just local boozer and the set up is such that it would deter the loud rude staff e third. There plenty of room feels more like an apartment with a bar one end its light an airy. The staff were just like old mattress though haven't met. I arrived much later than anticipated and I headed to the bar / reception and greeted by Lee, in a nutshell PERFECT!

• 16th Sep 2015

Very nice to visit. Everything is located near hostel. Friendly people and good sleep is guarantee.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Lithuania

cheapest price is in the best location. But you shouldnt be more within expectation.