The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

We spoke to one staff member who was behind the bar and checked us in, and he was very approachable and helpful. if you're like us and turn up at 11:30 completely shattered then that's exactly what you need. The bedrooms are perfectly hygienic and the beds are warm and comfortable. The toilets and showers are what's brought my cleanliness rating down to 'average'. The floors are cracked, no soap is provided and besides the actual toilets and sinks which were clean, the cubicle rooms weren't

• 23rd Mar 2015

excellent location in the very heart of Brighton (just couple of minutes to the seaside and pier), good prices, nice staff, definitely i recommend the King's Arms Hostel!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Athame11
  • Poland

All in all a really nice hostel with friendly staff and good basic facilities. The location is great for anyone looking to explore Brighton and the price is pretty much unbeatable. A private double room for £20 is absolutely amazing. The only reason I've given a slightly lower score on atmosphere is my room was in the process of being painted which wasn't ideal, in comparison to my friends room which had a chest of drawers and a nice picture on the wall it felt a bit bare. Otherwise brilliant.

• 12th Mar 2015

Really, I wasnt comfortable there and I couldnt sleep very well.

Everything is clean, staff is super nice and useful, it is cheap and centric!! The only thing is there is not a kitchen! But there is a nice pub downstairs!

The room was damp, musty and had not been properly cleaned. Paint was peeling from the walls from the damp conditions and the bed was very uncomfortable and springy - not convinced that the sheets were cleaned either. We paid an extortionate amount of money for a stay that we had booked months in advance, but the conditions of the hostel were not in any way as described online. We could not even check out in the morning as the staff did not open up reception.

• 14th Feb 2015

Friendly man at the reception, good wifi and a clean bed. Can't go too far wrong for £7 a night.

Stayed in King´s Arms for two nights. Missed a kitchen. Especially as there is no common room during night (2am to 10am) so you can´t even have breakfast there. Besides it was very cold in the dormitories.

• 6th Feb 2015

Perfect for 20 Uni Students. Turned up and the room door lock was broken, they fixed it straight away! Very helpful staff and good atmosphere.

• 31st Jan 2015

The staff seemed quite tired when we arrived. But they were nice and gave us free food, which was very nice. They didn't give change back, when we payed, but it was just 1p. The worst thing is that it's very dirty... Around and beneath my bed there were solified ketchup and under my bed and mattress were layers of dust and dirt.

I always enjoy staying at the hostel there is such a friendly atmosphere there. The showers are quite powerful and clean. The Spanish house keepers are very efficient at keep you the hostel 100% clean.

Staff were great, location was awesome. very good for the price! Was a bit unclean, but nothing awful. Showers were good, wifi was good.

This was the third time I've stayed at the kings Arms. I've had great experiences each time with thanks to Adam behind the bar. He is a lovely guy with great knowledge of brighton and places to eat and go out. He even took my friends and I out after he finished his shift! I will be back.

Had a great stay. Everything was kept clean, staff were super friendly, and it's in a brilliant location, literally a 2min walk to Brighton Pier. Will definitely go back!

Terrible customer service. Simply, not caring whatsoever.

Awesome and cheapest drinks about! Sweetest ;)

When we first arrived we were put in a TINY 8 bed dorm where you couldn't walk around in. After moving rooms we ended up in another which had a heater on 27/4 which meant it was stuffy and near unbareable to be in when not sleeping. You literally couldn't raise your head in the too bunk because there were 3 bunks stacked high. Another negative was being harassed by people in the pub ( which is the only area of the hostel to hangout in). Staff friendly.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

would defiantly recommend

• 14th Nov 2014

The room (an 18 bed dorm) was very hot, bed was not the most comfortable and - as you'd expect with so many people - I was frequently woken up by people entering/exiting during the evening. That said, for £9 I got a room for the night in a busy city at very short notice so it's a real case of you get what you pay for. The showers and toilets were good. If you have the money and care about the quality of your sleep, stay elsewhere. Want a cheap place to crash? Here is as good as anywhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

Perfect location, close to pier. Rooms are simple with small lockers. The bathrooms were always clean. Long security codes for doors to rooms and hostel, but they were never locked in the first place. Overall it's got what you need.