The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

The hostel has great staff and a bar... What more do you need? I've not had a problem with the three level bunk beds, the rooms are small but you should only be in there to sleep!! Location is awesome. The bar downstairs looks a bit seedy and brings in an interesting clientele but overall, I will keep staying there when I go to Brighton!

Simple, basic place. The rooms are small and the triple bunk beds a squeeze but it was fine for one night. There wasn't enough lockers so I had to take my bag out with me, would have been an issue if I had more than an overnight bag. Toilets were a little dirty... But... I paid 6 quid.. And for that it was good value. Had it been 20 I would have been a bit peeved.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the hostel, it is a quiet hostel which is kept perfectly clean by the housekeeping staff. The security is very good, the staff are very helpful, and the beds are very comfortable. I really enjoyed the continental breakfast which is served at £2 and consists of a wide variety of tasty food.

Loved staying here and would totally stay here again. Some rooms were nicer than others as far as outside noise goes, but nothing too bad. Location is nice and close to everything.

• 30th Sep 2014

Not bad it was good for a night woke up feeling well rested an was good to see a guy keeping the showers clean after people. would stay again.

• 27th Sep 2014

Good place for one night.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Poland

As I was there off season there wasn't really anyone around, but the hostel was cheap, is situated pretty close to the center and near the pier and the pavilion and has a bar. I guess it's much more fun during season but that's not the hostels fault. I'd go there again.

At the end I didn't sleep at the hostel even tho I paid over 20 quid for a night cause the room was quite smelly and so small. They tryna fit three level beds which is so hard to get in and out. The only good thing is the location that only few mins away from Brighton pier.

The hostel locates in the perfect location which is only few mins walk to Brighton pier. But I would say the atmosphere is not that good. The three level beds are horrible. So hard to get in and get out. The shower is not safe at all. I was in a shower and some guys just opened the door. They should hv know that somebody was in. Anyway, its cheap during the weekdays but soooo expensive during the weekends which is too expensive for what you get.

Really nice stay in King's Arms Hostel, the staff is really cool and it's well located!

Great location, pleasant and helpful staff, actually found myself spending a lot of time at the hostel itself socialising and having fun as they have a great bar too, what more could you want?!!..

• 29th Aug 2014

Loved everything just didn't like that the passwords on the locks were not ever changed meaning that old guests could enter the room also.

• 26th Aug 2014

Stay here!!! Staff are great and the location is amazing! Can't talk the place up enough, had a fabulous time at the kings arms!

• 25th Aug 2014

Lazy attempt at a hostel, very poor by global hostel standards. Fine for one night in Brighton if you won't be at the hostel much, but having 9 people in a room which is only really big enough for 4 isn't great.

Unfortunately this was the worst hostel room i've ever stayed in. Although the girl at reception / bar was friendly enough the room itself was pretty unacceptable, especially for the price. We chose to get a private dbl room, costing £90 for 1 night, and once we entered it was a bit of a joke. There was a bed and a bin, nothing else. The sheets looked a bit grubby and the room hadn't seen a lick of paint or good clean since the 80s. The window was also boarded up over half of it. Never again.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great hostel with a cool bar and great atmosphere. Staff was also really nice. Cheers

so they had a leak, from the wall in to my backpack, -all- of my stuff became wet, i went to.reception to ask for help, or any solution because i had to check out early after. they did not care, just said 'sorry cant help' so. bad staff, and fix the walls...sooo angry!

Great place, location and staff. WiFi and power plugs everywhere. The beds were comfortable and wide, however 3 beds on top of each other was a bit claustrophobic and some were difficult to get in. Very little space for luggage in the room.

Recently stayed here great location and a fair price however staff were not very helpful and a particular staff member was very condescending and sarcastic. During the day and night including well past midnight we had "staff" walking into our room to climb out of our window to smoke on the roof. A decent stay just hope you don't get the room that can access the roof.

The price on the website is wrong. I paid 15£ to stay in a dorm with 18 beds instead of 7£ as wrote in the website. I think this isn't right.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4