The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

Security is weak. Toilet and bathroom are not working

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

The Hostel is in a great location close to the Laines and the seafront. The staff, seem very nice and friendly. Unfortunately as a property it was very unappealing. The building wasn't dirty in the sense it hadn't been cleaned but rather just neglected. The mixed dorm was crammed with beds, with very little room. I can't comment on the bathroom because I didn't venture into them, however the ground around it was wet and dirty looking. If you're looking for just a bed it is tolerable.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The issue I had with The King's Arms is its lack of common area and kitchen, and limited storage. The only shared area is a licensed pub, therefore there is no space for guests to prepare food or enjoy their own drinks. The result is people preparing meals and having and drinks in the dorm rooms, a problem for anyone wanting to enjoy a quiet and odorless environment.

The members of staff were great , the atmosphere was great I would defiantly recommend it to a friend.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Wales

A very nice place in a excellently convenient location.Rooms are not huge but big enough to fit security lockers and a backpack.The staff is friendly,helpful and relaxed.I had to make a cancellation for the following 4 nights of booking as my plans changed and I had a refund in full for those nights I couldn't enjoy.Great!!!Thank you very much Scott. :) Thank you Adam for your kindness and good vibes :) I will recommend this hostel to others!

• 24th Mar 2015

We spoke to one staff member who was behind the bar and checked us in, and he was very approachable and helpful. if you're like us and turn up at 11:30 completely shattered then that's exactly what you need. The bedrooms are perfectly hygienic and the beds are warm and comfortable. The toilets and showers are what's brought my cleanliness rating down to 'average'. The floors are cracked, no soap is provided and besides the actual toilets and sinks which were clean, the cubicle rooms weren't

• 23rd Mar 2015

excellent location in the very heart of Brighton (just couple of minutes to the seaside and pier), good prices, nice staff, definitely i recommend the King's Arms Hostel!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Athame11
  • Poland

All in all a really nice hostel with friendly staff and good basic facilities. The location is great for anyone looking to explore Brighton and the price is pretty much unbeatable. A private double room for £20 is absolutely amazing. The only reason I've given a slightly lower score on atmosphere is my room was in the process of being painted which wasn't ideal, in comparison to my friends room which had a chest of drawers and a nice picture on the wall it felt a bit bare. Otherwise brilliant.

• 12th Mar 2015

Really, I wasnt comfortable there and I couldnt sleep very well.

It wasn't a bad hostel, the staff were really nice and the location is good (smack bang in the middle of kemp town) but it was just all very cold, damp and everything had a bit of a smell to it... It's really quite cheap but there's no breakfast included and reception has pretty sporadic opening hours. Brighton doesn't really have a lot of good hostels though so if you'd like somewhere cheap and central, this is your place.

Everything is clean, staff is super nice and useful, it is cheap and centric!! The only thing is there is not a kitchen! But there is a nice pub downstairs!

The room was damp, musty and had not been properly cleaned. Paint was peeling from the walls from the damp conditions and the bed was very uncomfortable and springy - not convinced that the sheets were cleaned either. We paid an extortionate amount of money for a stay that we had booked months in advance, but the conditions of the hostel were not in any way as described online. We could not even check out in the morning as the staff did not open up reception.

• 14th Feb 2015

Friendly man at the reception, good wifi and a clean bed. Can't go too far wrong for £7 a night.

Stayed in King´s Arms for two nights. Missed a kitchen. Especially as there is no common room during night (2am to 10am) so you can´t even have breakfast there. Besides it was very cold in the dormitories.

• 6th Feb 2015

Perfect for 20 Uni Students. Turned up and the room door lock was broken, they fixed it straight away! Very helpful staff and good atmosphere.

• 31st Jan 2015

The staff seemed quite tired when we arrived. But they were nice and gave us free food, which was very nice. They didn't give change back, when we payed, but it was just 1p. The worst thing is that it's very dirty... Around and beneath my bed there were solified ketchup and under my bed and mattress were layers of dust and dirt.

I always enjoy staying at the hostel there is such a friendly atmosphere there. The showers are quite powerful and clean. The Spanish house keepers are very efficient at keep you the hostel 100% clean.

Staff were great, location was awesome. very good for the price! Was a bit unclean, but nothing awful. Showers were good, wifi was good.

I really liked the hostel here, staff were great and it was clean

• 26th Dec 2014

This was the third time I've stayed at the kings Arms. I've had great experiences each time with thanks to Adam behind the bar. He is a lovely guy with great knowledge of brighton and places to eat and go out. He even took my friends and I out after he finished his shift! I will be back.