The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

Hate the three tiered bunk beds, and some are very shoddily made (as in the steps break when you climb them). Great location though and the staff are helpful, particularly Scott.

The location of this hostel is fantastic; less than five minutes from Brighton pier and beach, as well as cool restaurants, shops, and markets. However, the bathrooms are cramped and not-at-all private, not to mention questionably clean. The toilets were also unkempt. My ned was comfortable, though the room was cramped, and in a 7 bed room, the only secure storage was 3 tiny lockers. However, I paid only 10 pounds per night- I guess I got what I paid for.

Not bad in everything, but there are only two toilets which is not enough for all people. The shower was nice, the bed will make out noise when moving. The only bad thing is there should be a kitchen, it is not good to eat at outside all day, things are expensive

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent hostel. Central location, friendly staff, felt secure and wasn't expensive. Showers are particularly good! Didn't indulge in the breakfast offering (too hungover) but looked good from what I saw!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great central location, only a 10minute walk from bus station, the lanes, laundrymat, and beach. Batathrooms are mixed gender, very clean though. Staff very friendly and helpful. No air con means it is very warm at night, the seagulls will wake you if you leave the window open (only option). Not a social hostel due to layout. Wifi is good.

Triple bunks very daunting, difficult to get into beds (I slept on the bottom). Rooms are too small - couldn't fit 8 bags in the room.

King's Arms gave me the best hostel experience I've had so far. Between the price, the staff, the pub and lounge on the first floor, and the cleanliness of the place I'd say this is actually one of the reasons I stayed longer in Brighton. This hostel made it easy.

• 16th Jul 2014

First time using a hostel - I was very pleased with the experience. Check in was easy and straight-forward and the staff were really nice. The beds were super comfortable, although a bit wobbley, I was on the third bunk and was aware that my movements would rock the people below. Mostly everyone was aware of this tho and were respectful. There was a rather annoying couple who I think were copulating, they finally shut up after a few verbal warnings, but this is hardly the fault of the hostel!

• 9th Jul 2014

We loved our stay at the Kings Arms Hostel. Very tidy and clean and new bathrooms were impressive. Staff also very friendly. Great location to the pier and town. Will be recommending!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I had THE best time here. The staff were amazing and the place was great. Definitely recommend!

• 3rd Jul 2014

I arrived at 3pm to secure a bed in a room with my friends. I had clearly marked my bed as being taken, with my belongings spread out over the bedsheets. I returned that night at about 3am only to find that a man was sleeping in my bed and my possessions had been thrown onto the floor. Although this was tremendously annoying, the staff helped me and gave me another bed in another room. I had to spend an hour finding all my belongings in the dark. It was a system error, but extremely annoying.

• 27th Jun 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable dorm, nice bar.

Fantastic location, friendly staff, good atmosphere, the kings arms was perfect for a weekend away. Would definitely visit again. A special thanks to Lesley who was very welcoming and helpful, thanks again :)

• 26th Jun 2014

This place was great. Staff all super helpful and a nice common area to meet people. Clean beds and showers, only downside is there's no kitchen. So you have to eat out all the time.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Could use mirrors in the bathrooms -- shaving is awkward!

• 21st Jun 2014

The staff is awesome here, really make you feel like your part of a family!! Scott behind the bar is awesome, very friendly and always chats you up no matter how long your stay!!

Not nearly as nice as the Kipps but half the price. The dorm room I was in was tiny and there was nowhere to store your stuff so the floor was covered with bags. Shower was tiny but hot and had good pressure.

• 18th Jun 2014

The hostel was perfect for our little escape from London. The pub had a fun, laid back vibe to it and made for an ideal place to watch whatever World Cup match we watched. Staff were helpful and friendly. As with most places in Brighton, location was ideal: not even 5mins to the beach.

Had a great time at the King's Arms. Good location, with the beach and the lanes easy to get to. Staff were good and pub atmosphere downstairs was good. A bit noisy at night but to be expected. Plenty of showers, basic breakfast for £2.

Pretty good place in Brighton. Friendly staff and a great location. Pretty basic but enjoyed my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3