The King's Arms Hostel Reviews

The Kings Arms, 56 George Street, Brighton, England

Really nice stay in King's Arms Hostel, the staff is really cool and it's well located!

Great location, pleasant and helpful staff, actually found myself spending a lot of time at the hostel itself socialising and having fun as they have a great bar too, what more could you want?!!..

• 29th Aug 2014

Loved everything just didn't like that the passwords on the locks were not ever changed meaning that old guests could enter the room also.

• 26th Aug 2014

Stay here!!! Staff are great and the location is amazing! Can't talk the place up enough, had a fabulous time at the kings arms!

• 25th Aug 2014

Lazy attempt at a hostel, very poor by global hostel standards. Fine for one night in Brighton if you won't be at the hostel much, but having 9 people in a room which is only really big enough for 4 isn't great.

Unfortunately this was the worst hostel room i've ever stayed in. Although the girl at reception / bar was friendly enough the room itself was pretty unacceptable, especially for the price. We chose to get a private dbl room, costing £90 for 1 night, and once we entered it was a bit of a joke. There was a bed and a bin, nothing else. The sheets looked a bit grubby and the room hadn't seen a lick of paint or good clean since the 80s. The window was also boarded up over half of it. Never again.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great hostel with a cool bar and great atmosphere. Staff was also really nice. Cheers

so they had a leak, from the wall in to my backpack, -all- of my stuff became wet, i went to.reception to ask for help, or any solution because i had to check out early after. they did not care, just said 'sorry cant help' so. bad staff, and fix the walls...sooo angry!

Great place, location and staff. WiFi and power plugs everywhere. The beds were comfortable and wide, however 3 beds on top of each other was a bit claustrophobic and some were difficult to get in. Very little space for luggage in the room.

Recently stayed here great location and a fair price however staff were not very helpful and a particular staff member was very condescending and sarcastic. During the day and night including well past midnight we had "staff" walking into our room to climb out of our window to smoke on the roof. A decent stay just hope you don't get the room that can access the roof.

The price on the website is wrong. I paid 15£ to stay in a dorm with 18 beds instead of 7£ as wrote in the website. I think this isn't right.

Location was excellent- right near the front- and the facilities were fairly clean as promised. Only complaints would be that the pub below (the hostel's on top of the King's Arms) is a bit odd (smells kind of funny, not the nicest atmosphere down there), and that the bunkbeds are 3 high and claustrophobic. I wouldn't have wanted to be a 6 foot plus guy trying to squish myself in there. But hey, it was cheap and better than it could've been on £10 a night!

• 6th Aug 2014

Good staff, nice location.

We couldn't have stayed anywhere better for the price per night, great hostel I would stay again. Please get some better locks on the showers though - I got walked in on a couple of times haha embarrassing!

We stayed in room 8. I found it a bit un nervy that we had to walk into an alley with bins outside the door to get to our room. It also was a bit noisy when people were coming back from nights out. bathroom area is a bit snug with basins right outside of showers.

Hate the three tiered bunk beds, and some are very shoddily made (as in the steps break when you climb them). Great location though and the staff are helpful, particularly Scott.

The location of this hostel is fantastic; less than five minutes from Brighton pier and beach, as well as cool restaurants, shops, and markets. However, the bathrooms are cramped and not-at-all private, not to mention questionably clean. The toilets were also unkempt. My ned was comfortable, though the room was cramped, and in a 7 bed room, the only secure storage was 3 tiny lockers. However, I paid only 10 pounds per night- I guess I got what I paid for.

Not bad in everything, but there are only two toilets which is not enough for all people. The shower was nice, the bed will make out noise when moving. The only bad thing is there should be a kitchen, it is not good to eat at outside all day, things are expensive

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent hostel. Central location, friendly staff, felt secure and wasn't expensive. Showers are particularly good! Didn't indulge in the breakfast offering (too hungover) but looked good from what I saw!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great central location, only a 10minute walk from bus station, the lanes, laundrymat, and beach. Batathrooms are mixed gender, very clean though. Staff very friendly and helpful. No air con means it is very warm at night, the seagulls will wake you if you leave the window open (only option). Not a social hostel due to layout. Wifi is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3