The Led Zephyr Reviews

Serendipity Beach Road, Sangkat 4, Modul 4, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

It was a good enough hostel just to pass a day in Sihanoukville between destinations. Atmosphere wasn't very great, with loud people drinking all day and all night in the middle courtyard, but I couldn't really hear the music from the bar, which I was worried about. Our door to the dorm could definitely use some oil though - it sounded like a building falling down every time someone tried to get in, thus waking everyone up several times during the night. The beds are big and curtains a blessing!

We've removed the hammocks and seating from the courtyard now due to the number of complaints about people drinking and having a good time while other people were trying to sleep. I can see we're going to get a lot of complaints about there being no common area where people can socialise, hang out and meet people now. :) I'll ask my maintenance man to oil all the doors too.

The website doesn't make it very clear that only certain rooms have air con before you book!!!! We were boiling, in fact our roommate decided not to even stay the nights she had booked!!! The bathrooms were horrible, in fact someone had bad diarrhoea and left it all over the floor! Whilst I'm aware that travelling around hostels isn't always gonna be perfect this was a real soap ointment!!!

The room titles make it perfectly clear which dorms do and don't have air conditioning. The ones that have air-conditioning have "AC" in the title and the ones that don't have "Fan" in the title. You could have easily upgraded to an AC dorm for only a $1 more per person upon check-in, but I suspect you put cost before comfort when you stayed and now you want to blame us for your choices. We get many people who come and the only thing they want to know is what the cheapest bed is and then are surprised to find that fan dorms are hot. We do our best to keep all 10 bathrooms clean, but can't be held responsible if some people abuse the facilities and are inconsiderate to other guests. We hate that as much as you do. The toilets are cleaned 3-4 times a day, but we can't clean them every time someone uses them. Guests could help us by taking their shoes off before entering and washing the floors with the shower or bum gun after they've finished, but there are always a few, if not many, inconsiderate and ill-mannered people who show no respect for the hostel or consideration for other guests and we can't tell who they are when we're checking them in. This is just an unfortunate aspect of hosteling which we can't do much about.

The dorms were alright, over priced food for what you grt, and the staff are incredibly rude. There is only two nice staff that work there, which is the Australian bartender and the one Cambodian that works at reception. The rest of the staff make you feel like its an inconvenience for them. The people that stayed at the hostel were lovely though.

The guy at the front desk and the whole staff bar a couple were not welcoming at all. They all painted a picture of backpackers as noisy, obnoxious young kids who weren't trusted in doing anything and that's really disappointing for the majority that respect the facilities and every place we stay at in general. The guy at the front desk seemed to be sick of just being there and dealing with people and that made the majority of the time there not nice, because he was a real hardass.

Good vibe like the live music in the bar, staff were friendly! I don't think you will enjoy it if your not getting drunk though!

Good place to stay, you get what you pay for. Very hot evening, only one fan in the dorm. Apart from that, hostel was nice.

The fan dorms have all been upgraded recently and now have a ceiling fan and a wall fan.

Nice hostel, great location and good atmosphere. Our room was ok but the bathrooms were down two flights of stairs and you had to walk through the communal area to get to them.

The basic dorms are on the second floor and the bathrooms are on the ground floor. The standard dorms are all on the ground floor so these are the ones to get if you need to be near to the toilets. We'll probably put toilets on the balconies of the first and second floors of the dorm block after high season.

Very good place to stay, great atmosphere and lots of rooms. I would say the bathroom doors need fixing in the gaps, there is a lot of cracks in the doors and I caught 2 staff members looking through while I showered. They were gone when I came out so couldn't go to manager directly but yeah I would fix as a priority!

Great location very secure amazing aircon

Nice Hostel. Close to the beach, every night good live musik. If you want local food, you have to walk 10 mins, which is not much. Food in the LZ was really good. the famous beach parties are also a 10 mins walk. If I come back to SV i will stay here again. Met some really cool dudes.

Enjoyed our stay here. Good atmosphere and laid back.

The manager checked me in and I found him totally rude and arrogant, not just to me but more so to his staff. He was abrupt and the staff seemed on edge. The whole environment was really unfriendly. My room was stinking hot and bed very old and rickity. Right outside my room ay night there was a small crowd of people smoking weed. The beach down the road is littered from drunken tourists. Would not recommend for solo travellers as like I said the atmosphere is very shut down and debaucherous.

Really good

Love the bed with curtains and the lamp so you get good privacy in a dorm room, that was the best part about this hostel. Live music was amazing and there was a cute big dog to cuddle.

One of the best places i stayed at meeting people wise. I wish i had more time to stay longer. I was there for new years and the 12 bed dorm had aircon plus all beds had privacy curtains which was a great thing. Staff were really nice and helpful aswell. However there were no lockers in the rooms and you could not access your lockers when the bar closed. The bathrooms were not the best ive ever seen either.

Good value for money, although the fans in the room didn't seem to make a difference. You get what you pay for I guess. Plenty of showers and toilets. Great bar and restaurant area, the most amazing roast dinner served here, a must if you stay. Be careful booking bus tickets. There was a bit of a mix up they booked it for the wrong day but managed to get it sorted after 2 hours of waiting around. Would stay again but in a dorm with air con.

Please stay away from this place. The staff is unbelievably rude, especially the guy behind the reception. They definitely do not an effort to make you feel like home. Plus sides of this plave: location and clean rooms Other more fun and cheaper places are easy go & monkey republic Enjoy Sihanoekville!

• 24th Dec 2015

Nice hostel with their own pub. Good location, close to the port

The owner/ old man at reception acted like we were not human beings. Acting like we were stupid and rolling his eyes when we asked for advice. The man has a serious attitude problem. As for the overall experience, they offer no hospitality or feeling valued as a customer. The A/C was good, wifi didnt reach the rooms. There are many options a few steps away not listed online! So dont be fooled, just turn up and have a look and im sure you will change your mind about staying here.

Very nice and clean. We were staying in a 12 pp dorm but everything was so tidy and neat that I didn't even notice. (Plus plenty of bathrooms outside but no hot shower) Very close to Serendipity beach and all its beautiful bars and to Sokha beach. Nice environment, definitely recommended!

View all Sihanoukville Hostels