9.0
Superb 810 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 810 Total Reviews
The LightHouse Located at Barao da Torre, 175. Casa 20, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro RJ 20411-001 Barao da Torre, 175. Casa 20, Ipanema
90% 810
-22.9833848 -43.2011604
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Dec 2016

Really happy with our first ever hostel experience! Very kind and helpful staff! Fab little kitchen area and breakfast was lovely! Nice cuppa - I'm English and usually that's a tough void to fill whennon holiday. We had a private room which was tidied every day! The area is nice and really easy walk to the beach and the Main Street to the metro! Very pleased and would recommend this hostel

6th Dec 2016
6.3

Okay stay at The LightHouse. My trip was delayed due to a work emergency and the staff wasn't accommodating (I get playing by the rules). It was clean and with air conditioning in the rooms, however the lockers beneath the bed didn't line up so it wasn't possible to lock my backpack. There also was only 2 showers and 3 bathrooms - pretty tough in the morning and at night with a houseful of guests! No security with the day bag check (my bag was left out in the open all day when I checked out).

3rd Dec 2016
8.0

Overall The Lighthouse was fine. It was clean. Breakfast was minimal. Staff was just okay for the most part. Location is fantastic. Internet was okay.

• angelamarch5783
  • New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
22nd Oct 2016

The friendliest hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff went well out of their way to assist you with anything you needed and by the end of our stay we felt as if we were saying goodbye to friends. Great little hostel, close to Ipanema beach that I would certainly recommend. We extended our stay 4 X longer than we were intending to - a testament to how happy we were at Lighthouse. Thanks team!

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

I loved everything about the hostel. The place is very simple, lovely, clean and well located. The staff is very realiable, sympathetic and they speak english as well. They provide breakfast, lockers, wifi, linen sheet and towels and also a cleaner to keep everything up. It is next to the beach (couple blocks away), to a bunch of bars, restaurants, groceries store, to the subway station and good options of bus transportation. It is great price for being at Ipanema beach.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
14th Aug 2016

Great little hostel with a yummy free breakfast. Price was a little high because of the Olympics, which is understandable. Great location; short walk to Ipanema beach and metro station. Loads of restaurants close by. The common area in the hostel lacked atmosphere.

13th Aug 2016

Roberta and her team were excellent hosts (recently acquired ownership). Was there over the 100m Olympics weekend and facilities were good, staff were friendly and would recommend friends to stay here too.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

I am not a hostel person but now I have been converted! Light house is cleaner than a hotel and great value, even during the Olympics it was very cheap. Roberta is the most accommodating person I have ever met. she even kept my luggage stored in the hostel 4 days after I had checked out! The best service I have ever received! location great also.

9th Aug 2016

My stay here was really good, Roberta is the best, so friendly.

3rd Aug 2016

This is an amazing hostel! I came for the Olympics and from the moment I checked in, I was greeted with a warm welcome. Never did I feel out of place bring here and the atmosphere was just awesome! I had to have my tickets delivered to the hostel and of course, there was no issue here. This is by far my favorite hostel in Rio!