The LightHouse Reviews

Barao da Torre, 175. Casa 20, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had a nice stay, the staff is very helpful and easygoing. Great location, close to the beach, underground, bars, supermarkets, pharmacies, restaurants etc. They clean the room everyday! The toilets and showers were always clean as well. The room has air conditioning. Points that could improve - a bit expensive compared to other hostels, especially those located in Copacabana. It is located in a very old house which would look better if it was repaired; the bed linen looks a bit old.

Nice staff (Marco) and beautiful place! I really like this little village! But, in general, accommodations in Rio are so expansive!

• 17th Apr 2014

Great location, great atmosphere and lovely staff. Fairly expensive, but all of Ipanema tends to be that way, it's worth it to be so close to the beach! Very small hostel, but that helped make a friendly atmosphere. Sylvia and Marco are crazy but wonderful and so very helpful. Would definitely stay again if we ever get the chance to go back to Rio. We were made to feel absolutely at home , thankyou!

A nice small hostel in a safe área, the staff are very helpful with suggestions of what to do and breakfast is pretty good!

Silvia is very nice and helpful

A perfect place to stay,nice and friendly staff.Will recommend to all my friends

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Very nice place to stay; great coffee !! Just amazing like the City

Great atmosphere, great staff, great location! Felt like home, or as a member of the family :)

It was an amazing stay, the location is exactly as advertised, the STAFF Was impeccable and Gentil. Were beach days rest and lots of sun due to location three blocks from the beach. It has many bars, restaurants and shopping all you need is a few minutes ago. Nearby subway station, linking you to various points in the city. Breakfast Hostel, have a wonderful bread. Only thing I missed was a hair dryer. But completing the super nominate The LightHouse to stay.

• 25th Jan 2014

I had excellent time at the LightHouse.It is on really good location close to the beach,safe neighbourhood,stores and restaurants are right there.Staff were attentive and friendly.Silvia,the boss:),with her amazing personality is a great host.She's glad and ready to help you anytime and make your stay in Rio unforgettable-in my case she certainly did!Definitely I would like to come back.Igor NYC

• 21st Jan 2014

Very great experience! Silvia the owner she is making sure you have an excellent experience and she is ready to help her guest to feel like at home. Staff is working with passion and the place is very welcoming, one minute away from the beach. Very secure location and district even for female solo travellers. Definitely highly advised to stay and enjoy Rio from this base, where new friends and excellent memories will enrich your life.

Sylvia is a lovely host, welcoming and keeps the hostel very clean! Excellent knowledge and really helpful!

Great hostel for those wanting to avoid the "party hostel scene." Great location and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely return.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was my first time staying in a hostel and everyone made me feel right at home, especially the owner. I called her my mom since I drove her crazy in a fun way with the things I was doing. This hostel had more of a family feel to it rather than a party scene. I visited other hostels in the area and all came off with a party scene.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Friendly English speaking proprietor who loves Worthing! She provides helpful dietary tips but also has a very good knowledge of her city. She was generous with her time and showed a genuine interest in her guests. Would go back.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels